ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Go Fund Me for Stop Scientology Disconnection Billboard on Hollywood Boulevard

Discussion in 'Fair Game and Disconnection Victims' started by CommunicatorIC, Feb 28, 2016.

1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Attached Files:

2. aegerprimo

aegerprimo Summa Cum Laude

3. CommunicatorIC

Reconnecting the Scientology Disconnected and Declared—Call Me

Reconnecting the Scientology Disconnected and Declared—Call Me.

Very good photo essay.

Jenny At LAX: Reconnecting the Disconnected and Declared—Call Me

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/2016/04/09/reconnecting-the-disconnected-and-declared-call-me/

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on scientology. For today’s blog, I’ve strayed from the Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the church of scientology’s West Coast headquarters. Instead of being needlessly and persistently followed by Sea Org members parading as Security Guards on bicycles, I’ve gone to Glendale Blvd. for the official “Call Me” billboard unveiling and press conference for Phil and Willie Jones. Today’s blog is for Wednesday, April 6, 2016, and is part of the “Reconnecting the Disconnected and Declared” series.

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

4. CommunicatorIC

Grace Aaron is eager to know the whereabouts of her Scientology disconnected son, Zac

Grace Aaron is eager to know the whereabouts of her Scientology disconnected son, Zack.

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/2016/04/09/reconnecting-the-disconnected-and-declared-call-me/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

[​IMG]

Channels 4 and 5 interview Grace Aaron. Grace and her husband, ex-scientologists, are eager to know the whereabouts of their son, Zack.

[​IMG]

“Have you seen Zack?” That’s Grace Aaron holding a sign of her son as she’s being interviewed.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * * *

Attached Files:

5. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Communicator IC - I want to say thanks for the time and energy you have spent covering the media on this.
    As one who has done a fair share of copy and paste, I know it is not as easy as it looks.
    This subject in particular is close to my heart and I love the media frenzy it's creating.

Thanks! :thumbsup: :happydance::hifive::cheers2:

6. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Re: Hollywood's Anti-Scientology Billboard: "We Lost Our Kids" to "Brainwashing"

http://www.drudgereport.com/

http://www.intermarkets.net/blog/the-power-of-drudge-infographic/

"When we look at the advertising side, the importance of knowing your audience is paramount—and Drudge’s traffic is nearly 90% direct. Premium publishers attract, and can be defined in part by, the loyalty of their audience. Drudge’s two million unique daily visits and 700 million monthly visits certainly qualify."
    _____
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hollywoods-anti-scientology-billboard-couple-882171

"Most staff have their cellphones taken away. Our daughter, I think, has one — she had a bit more freedom because she’s so high up in the hierarchy. It’s doubtful Michael does. If they want to make a call, it’s monitored by the organization. Same with emails or letters. If there’s anything negative in there at all, the message is intercepted by their office of special affairs."

7. CommunicatorIC

Scientology: Parents use billboard to try and contact 'brainwashed' children

Scientology: Parents use billboard to try and contact 'brainwashed' children.

The story has now hit Europe.

Independent: Scientology: Parents use billboard to try and contact 'brainwashed' children

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nd-contact-brainwashed-children-a6977276.html

Scientology: Parents use billboard to try and contact 'brainwashed' children

'You sign a billion-year contract... you work 100 hours a week for 10 cents an hour. It’s just brutal'

Matt Broomfield @hashtagbroom 5 hours ago 8 comments

A Hollywood couple have erected a billboard begging their children to get in touch after they were "brainwashed" into signing "billion-year" contracts with the Church of Scientology,

Phil and Willie Jones, both in their 60s, are former Scientologists but have lost all touch with their adult children, Michael, 42, and Emily, 38, since these two joined the sect.

The pair hope the $8,000 billboard near Los Angeles' Dodger Stadium will encourage their offspring to make contact for the first time in two years.

The crowd-funded billboard bears the message "To my loved one in Scientology... call me", printed over the faces of hundreds of other individuals allegedly lost to the "disconnection" process which separated the Joneses from their children.

[​IMG]

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Attached Files:

8. CommunicatorIC

Parents in Los Angeles are using billboards to try contact their Scientologist children.

And now Ireland.

Entertainment IE: Parents in Los Angeles are using billboards to try contact their Scientologist children

http://entertainment.ie/trending/ne...ntact-their-Scientologist-children/379418.htm

Scientology's practices for dealing with those who have left the cult are well-known.

The process, known as Disconnection, involves essentially blanking former family members, lovers, friends and anyone who they believe to be a 'Supressive Person'. In some cases, it can go so far as harassment and even stalking.

Two parents in Las Vegas, Nevada, are now going to extreme lengths to reach their Scientologist children, whom they haven't spoken to in over two years. Phil and Willie Jones rented out a billboard space in Los Angeles' Echo Park near Dodgers Stadium. The parents, who are former Scientologists, attempted to erect a billboard near the Los Angeles Scientology Center on Hollywood Boulevard.

As Mr. Jones explained to THR, he's "pretty sure Scientology got to them on that. Then we found one on Hollywood Boulevard closer to La Brea, not far from where (Scientology leader) David Miscavige lives. We paid them in full, had the printing done, were one day from installation, and Scientology shut us down. They had one of their people call and offer to buy millions of dollars worth of billboard space all over the area just to shut us down."

Their two children, Mike (42) and Emily (38), are stilly deeply entrenched in the organisation after Phil's sister reported the parents to Scientology elders over doubts they had about the cult. The two were excommunicated immediately.

"If you leave Scientology and make any kind of critical remark at all, every Scientologist has to disconnect from you: family, friends, business. Because my wife and I were in it for so many years, our entire lives were surrounded by it. Literally overnight we were cut off from everyone, including our own children. There’s no recourse. You can’t call the kids up and talk about it. We’ve tried to phone, letters, we go to the building, and the security people come out: “You’re not welcome here.” We were at a loss as to what else to do, and that’s when we came up with the billboard. We wanted to make a statement: We want our families back. They’re holding them hostage."

9. CommunicatorIC

Willie Jones responds on The Underground Bunker.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/10/sp...eekly-social-media-review/#comment-2616807404

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Willie Jones • an hour ago

Hello to you all. I hope you make today a great day! I have never posted here but voraciously read all the comments daily and appreciate Tony and this community.

I have had something on my mind for awhile now and since writing things out is very therapeutic for me, I want to communicate how I see things. Phil and I have done some extensive traveling which really broadens one’s view of the world. What really strikes me is that no matter where you go, humanity is the same! What I mean by that is no matter where you are or what your racial background is, we all have the same desire to live the best life we can. We tend to share the same problems and emotions. The kind of environment we keep ourselves in can dictate the quality of our lives. A negative environment generally produces a negative result. A positive environment gives one hope of better quality of life.

Following the lives of the ex-scientology community has expanded my view of my entire scientology experience. My views when I was completely in the church mind set compared to now have brought me to a better understanding of what happened to me and my family. My journey has taken me up and down all the different emotions, self doubt and revelations. When I was in the mind set of one completely in scientology, I had the view (like so many others) that I was in a group that was superior in every way and those poor wogs just didn’t have a clue. I want to apologize now to anyone I may have offended with my arrogant thoughts and attitude. I can’t take it back but I can try and make a difference now. I could say scientology ruined my life or I can say, this experience taught me so much that I will never allow myself to be trapped again and hopefully pass down some hard earned wisdom.

Hearing first hand accounts of the horrors that so many have experienced in the sea org, coupled with my own experience, have brought me to the conclusion that the disconnection practice needs much more attention at this point, and hence our journey began. Not just because our children, Emily and Michael have cut us out of their lives, but because of the practice itself! It’s without a doubt, a devastatingly negative and toxic practice! Hubbard knew exactly what he was doing when this became part of the scientology culture. Disconnection is in the DNA of scientology regardless of how often we are told there is no such thing and have been proven time and again the truth of its existence!

Disconnection is not just cutting ties with family and friends it goes much deeper than that. It is an effort to cut off the fruits of observation for the person still in. The tech is designed in such a way that one is trained (and bullied) into 100% submission, especially for sea org staff. It goes something like this: You have a doubt or disagreement about something so you get word cleared to the unth degree. If this doesn’t handle it, you go to ethics and get hounded with various bulletins and policies. If you still don’t agree, you buy auditing at your own expense where you are steered into what your crimes are against the church. Scientology is never wrong, only you are wrong. Enough of this treatment teaches YOU MUST NOT QUESTION! Now you become, in my opinion, somewhat of a robot following orders for the good of the group.

OMG! You must not question? This is the very foundation of learning. Children learn by constantly annoying you with how, why, why, why. Questioning in our adult life is how we come to our own conclusions about various situations. We do it all throughout life. We always seek information in all aspects of our lives. In scientology however, you must follow to the letter the words of ONE MAN! You must not question! This is why the ex-scientology community is so terrifying to COB and his organization. We might say something that makes sense and cause one to question again. If they question, they may come to their senses and leave. We know this is the case by the rapid shrinking of the organization when they read harrowing accounts of high level execs and staff that have left the church. Scientology is desperate to hold onto who they have left, including our loved ones.

What I want for my children and the scientologist still in is the opportunity that Phil and I had, which is an unhampered ability to question! No one looking over there shoulder, no one telling them what to think, say or do. It is their right!

All the exposure going on in the ex-scientology community is making a difference. Thanks to all who contribute to shining the light, you are so needed.

I had been in a dark place for awhile but I have come up for fresh air and it feels good! Even though we are in a battle to exercise our 1st amendment right to speak freely about our thoughts and beliefs, I realize there needs to be a balance in our lives. So I say to you, even in the face of adversity, don’t forget the beauty all around you. Go to the mountains or walk in the woods, plant your garden or whatever it is that rejuvenates you. We need to be in a good place first before helping the rest. Negative energy destroys, positive energy heals.

Love to you all.

Willie

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * * *

10. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

I saw the parents interviewed on a local news channel about their sign & why they put it up.

That, plus the sign itself, may lead the cult to offload both their children as they are attracting news attention & thus " entheta " to the " cherch ".

This may work, just not the way the parents had hoped.

11. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

Re: Grace Aaron is eager to know the whereabouts of her Scientology disconnected son,

Grace Aaron is the purrfect person to speak to the interviewer about Scn disconnection. She is well trained, well read, well educated, well traveled, and more than able to hold her position no matter what the provocation.

12. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Re: Grace Aaron is eager to know the whereabouts of her Scientology disconnected son,

Ah, the cult is being forced to realize that SPs shatter them & they no longer can instill the fear in SPs to make us go away.

13. Little David

Little David Gold Meritorious Patron

‘We won’t stop fighting': Parents use billboard to reach children inside Church of Scientology

By Lindsey Bever
    April 11 at 2:15 PM

snip:

The church “poisoned their minds against us,” Phil Jones told The Washington Post. “They think we’re out to destroy the world.”

more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-reach-children-inside-church-of-scientology/

14. CommunicatorIC

Attached Files:

15. CommunicatorIC

'We won't stop fighting': Parents use billboard to reach children inside Scientology

'We won't stop fighting': Parents use billboard to reach children inside Church of Scientology

Washington Post: 'We won't stop fighting': Parents use billboard to reach children inside Church of Scientology

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-reach-children-inside-church-of-scientology/

‘We won’t stop fighting': Parents use billboard to reach children inside Church of Scientology

By Lindsey Bever April 11 at 2:15 PM

Follow Lindsey Bever on Twitter

There’s a billboard in Los Angeles dotted with dozens of faces representing Scientologists who have separated from their families. It reads: “To my loved one in Scientology … call me.”

The massive message was placed in Echo Park this month by Phil and Willie Jones, former Scientologists who say they have lost their two adult children, Michael and Emily Jones, to a practice known as “disconnection,” which believers describe as a last resort
    Code:
    http://www.scientology.org/faq/scientology-attitudes-and-practices/what-is-disconnection.html
    — ending communication with people who are “antagonistic to Scientology” to protect themselves from being torn from the religion.

The church “poisoned their minds against us,” Phil Jones told The Washington Post. “They think we’re out to destroy the world.”

[Opinion: Why it’s so hard to beat Scientology]

The Joneses, from Las Vegas, were in the church for more than 40 years and have now begun a campaign called Stop Scientology Disconnection to raise awareness about the religious practice that they say separated them from their children. They want to “make people more aware of Scientology Disconnection, as well as hopefully entice those in Scientology to take that step of calling their loved ones, family, friends, or whoever they have disconnected from due to pressure from the Church of Scientology,” according to their website.

The pair launched a GoFundMe page to help raise the more than $8,000 needed to pay for printing and installation costs. By Monday afternoon, they had raised about $16,500 and secured the billboard for a second month.

They hope to have it up through August.

16. Little David

Little David Gold Meritorious Patron

17. CommunicatorIC

Re: 'We won't stop fighting': Parents use billboard to reach children inside Scientol

The Chicago Tribune now has the same article as the Washington Post article above:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-scientology-billboard-20160411-story.html

18. CommunicatorIC

Heartbroken parents make a $14,000 plea to their brainwashed children

Heartbroken parents make a $14,000 plea to their brainwashed children.

And now the story hits Australia.

News.com.au - Heartbroken parents make a $14,000 plea to their brainwashed children

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...n/news-story/0152eee371be0a64cbe0eba7fa157b48

Heartbroken parents make a $14,000 plea to their brainwashed children

APRIL 12, 20167:52AM

Gavin Fernando

news.com.au

@GavinDFernando

“I NEVER want to talk to you again.”

Those are the final heartbreaking words Phil Jones heard from his son two years ago, before he and his sister walked away from their family to live with the Church of Scientology forever.

Phil and his wife, Willie, have made numerous attempts to get in touch with them — calling on the phone to no avail, being turned away from their places of work — and now, in perhaps their grandest attempt yet, they’ve raised thousands of dollars to spend on a huge billboard they had put up on Glendale Boulevard, in Los Angeles.

It reads: “To my loved one in Scientology ... call me.”

The Hollywood couple paid for the billboard through the help of a GoFundMe campaign, which has to date raised more than $16,000. It is estimated that more than one million people will see it.

In addition to getting in touch with their children, they say they want to “make people more aware of Scientology Disconnection”, as well as encourage all those within the organisation to call their loved ones outside of it.

The Joneses were members of the infamous church for more than four decades, but left because there were too many financial demands. They now describe it as a “cruel and vindictive organisation.”

Phil estimated he had given between $100,000 and $150,000 to the organisation, and even then, he told The Hollywood Reporter, this amount was “a lot less than most Scientologists end up giving”.

19. CommunicatorIC

Ex-Scientologist parents erect giant billboard in bid to contact their children

Ex-Scientologist parents erect giant billboard in bid to contact their 'brainwashed' children.

And now back to England.

The Sun: Ex-Scientologist parents erect giant billboard in bid to contact their 'brainwashed' children

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...st-parents-look-for-brainwashed-children.html

Ex-Scientologist parents erect giant billboard in bid to contact their 'brainwashed' children

Hollywood couple spend $8k urging kids to get into contact with them

By YASMIN JEFFERY

14:59, 10 Apr 2016

A HOLLYWOOD couple have spent $8,000 on a billboard begging their children to get in touch with them after they were “brainwashed” into signing “billion-year” contracts with the Church of Scientology.

Phil and Willie Jones, both in their 60s, are former followers of Scientology and lost touch with kids Michael, 42, and Emily, 38, after their two children joined the religious sect.

The pair hope the billboard, located near Los Angeles’ Dodger Stadium, will encourage their adult offspring to get into contact with them for the first time in over two years.

The crowd-funded billboard urges “To my loved one in Scientology... call me" over hundreds of snaps of other people allegedly lost to the “disconnection” process responsible for separating the Joneses from their kids.

Phil and Willie Jones says they met as teenage Scientologists, and were quickly drawn into the sect by what Mr Jones has called “hypnotism”, “brainwashing” and “mental conditioning”.

The ex-Scientologist estimates he has forked out between $100,000 and $150,000 to the Church, telling the Hollywood Reporter the hefty amount was “a lot less than most Scientologists end up giving.”

20. CommunicatorIC