What's new

...goes horribly wrong.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
There's a lot more cruelty here on ESMB to bump, as you well know. Or maybe you don't because you are so blind to it.

The blind hypocrisy in this ESMB clique is astounding.
What I know is that you've spend years of your life publicly criticizing others. You post your criticism on your blog, on Facebook, and now here on ESMB.

But when others criticize you than you see it as cruel and abusive.

Please explain the double standard.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can dish it out but can't take it. You almost had me there, for a moment, feeling sorry for you. But then I re-read some of this thread. The one person who showed you kindness was Karen. And these days you are trying to slaughter and butcher her, no holds barred. You've done this to Emma before too. More than once. That reminds me of who you are and why I don't trust you, why so many do not. You eat your own. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. You are going on #3 - or is it #4. I don't care what the number is. No shame on me. You've flown your flag. I know who you are. You made most of us your enemy, no holds barred, and then you are upset because we don't want you in our trenches.

:confused:

Maybe you have Asperger's. I don't know. But if you can't SEE how all this has come down, and WHY, then you need help, treatment on how to SEE interpersonal relations, and how to interact with people, and practice it, openly, honestly, so that you do not alienate the people with whom you want connections and support. We are all different here, have differing opinions and beliefs, we have even argued, but we don't treat each other as you treat us.

Perhaps you were kind to Emma when she needed kindness and that is why you were unbanned. OK. But I keep thinking now about the kindness she showed you before, and what you did, more than once - to her on this board, and then Karen. Alanzo, you had no idea who your friends were here. You have crapped all over them. It's call Karma. And it's a bitch.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Can dish it out but can't take it. You almost had me there, for a moment, feeling sorry for you. But then I re-read some of this thread. The one person who showed you kindness was Karen. And these days you are trying to slaughter and butcher her, no holds barred. You've done this to Emma before too. More than once. That reminds me of who you are and why I don't trust you, why so many do not. You eat your own. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. You are going on #3 - or is it #4. I don't care what the number is. No shame on me. You've flown your flag. I know who you are. You made most of us your enemy, no holds barred, and then you are upset because we don't want you in our trenches.

:confused:

Maybe you have Asperger's. I don't know. But if you can't SEE how all this has come down, and WHY, then you need help, treatment on how to SEE interpersonal relations, and how to interact with people, and practice it, openly, honestly, so that you do not alienate the people with whom you want connections and support. We are all different here, have differing opinions and beliefs, we have even argued, but we don't treat each other as you treat us.

Perhaps you were kind to Emma when she needed kindness and that is why you were unbanned. OK. But I keep thinking now about the kindness she showed you before, and what you did, more than once - to her on this board, and then Karen. Alanzo, you had no idea who your friends were here. You have crapped all over them. It's call Karma. And it's a bitch.
You can actually write complete sentences!

You speculate without any data whatsoever - which is a strong tradition here on ESMB - but I am impressed that you can do something more than bump posts like a retarded little kitten.

Very Well done!

383174.jpg

Veda

Sponsor
"Being an anti Scientologist is like being an anti-Semite. It is being anti, as in you know a better way, and you're so certain about it that you're gonna get rid of somebody's religion."

Alanzo, 2018

The bad news is that anyone who calls a kitten "retarded" is in a dark place.

The good news is that you have a friend in Tad Reeves. You two think alike.

Here he is reading his OSA approved propaganda screed:

Note the carefully drilled "Ethics presence."

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
"Being an anti Scientologist is like being an anti-Semite. It is being anti, as in you know a better way, and you're so certain about it that you're gonna get rid of somebody's religion."

Alanzo, 2018

The bad news is that anyone who calls a kitten "retarded" is in a dark place.

The good news is that you have a friend in Tad Reeves. You two think alike.

Here he is reading his OSA approved propaganda screed:

Note the carefully drilled "Ethics presence."

Alanzo is Tad Reeves, the Scientologist.

Your dark-minded 1950's cold war propaganda is well taken here Veda.

My god. After watching this, even I'm convinced that I am Tad Reeves.

Veda

Sponsor
-silliness snipped-

Your dark-minded 1950's cold war propaganda is well taken here Veda.

-silliness snipped-

Some background:

The%20Red%20Menace%20Ad.jpg

During the 1950s, and much of the 1960s, the "public" "hated" communists, so Hubbard made a point of being vehemently and publicly anti-communist, and sought to identify his perceived enemies, including his wife, as communists or communist sympathizers.

However, Hubbard could vary his approach if it seemed advantageous to do so. For example, in the mid 1960s, when Senator McCarthy and McCarthyism were regarded negatively by certain people he was then attempting to influence, he instructed that Scientology be identified as anti-Capitalist.

In a 6 October 1965 (broadly circulated) 'Executive Letter' Hubbard announced, "McCarthyism has many faces. It is still abroad today."

200px-Joseph_McCarthy.jpg

And in another (non public) issue, 'Enquiry Rumor UK' of 9 February 1966, Hubbard (privately) explained:

"Couple the words psychiatry with Capitalism - allege that psychiatry is the Capitalist's tool. A Conservative opened the attack in the UK and found the Press beating the drum for us."​

When this approach did not prove effective, Hubbard quickly resumed his prior long standing tactic of calling his enemies "communists." After all, many people were still anti-Communist, even if "McCartyism" had become unpopular.

Then, there was another shift. By 1971, with the USA Vietnam war becoming increasing unpopular, and Scientology's membership, and potential membership, becoming younger, Hubbard switched to calling his enemies fascists and Nazis.

There are numerous accounts of Hubbard being paranoid and seeing enemies everywhere, but also he seemed to be mindful of the use of propaganda technique, and adjusted it according to the prevailing public opinion. This was later formalized into his own confidential Scientology Propaganda tech.

L. Ron Hubbard explained how to use propaganda (to push the "hate" and "love" "buttons") in his confidential 'Battle Tactics' of 16 February 1969:

"The only safe public opinion to head for is they love us and are in a frenzy of hate against the enemy, that means standard wartime propaganda is what one is doing... Know the mores of your public opinion, what they hate. That's the enemy. What they love. That's you."

And another piece of Scientology tech, from Hubbard's confidential 'Black Propaganda' of 12 January 1972:

"The objective is to be identified as attackers of popularly considered evils. This declassifies us from former labels. It reclassifies our attackers as evil people."

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Allen, you're never going to get anywhere if you refuse to engage in conversation.

The irony is that you have become an anti-fanatic fanatic.

Your refusal to discuss just keeps you stuck.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Allen, you're never going to get anywhere if you refuse to engage in conversation.

The irony is that you have become an anti-fanatic fanatic.

Your refusal to discuss just keeps you stuck.
Did you see what Veda posted here? Is that what you call conversation?

How about the rest of the thread, which is basically nothing but cyberbullying - is that your definition of conversation?

I'm having a conversation with you about this. What do you think?

Will you have cyberbullying threads likes this on your new ESMB?

Tanchi

Patron with Honors

How about the rest of the thread, which is basically nothing but cyberbullying - is that your definition of conversation?

Simma down. Imo, Veda is expressing his opinion.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Simma down. Imo, Veda is expressing his opinion.
But Pirate and Bum brought up the standard of CONVERSATION.

What Veda is doing is 1950s propaganda at the tail end of a cyber bullying thread.

And im engaging him in conversation about whether he is going to engage in this kind of cyberbullying in the new ESMB.

Would you like to engage in that conversation?

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I guess Veda sees you as a propagandist. And is commenting on your methods.

You don't think you're being fanatical with your crusade to label ex scientologists as fanatics?

You complain about cyberbullies, yet you've been doing your own cyberbullying the last few weeks here.

I think you can handle it, it hasn't kept you from coming back. You might get less push-back if you weren't being such an insistent bully labeler of people.

Nor will you respond to reasonable questions that I and others have put to you in your threads.

So far you have not been willing to discuss, only to bully on with your agenda. If you want to coexist here you need to reconsider your approach. In case you haven't noticed it isn't working very well.

As far as the new board, you are welcome to come, but I'm not inclined to let you continue your trashing of people like Rinder, Smith-Levin, Shelton, etc. You are free to discuss ideas, but not trash people. Read the rules I posted on the new board - they are the rules that used to be in force here.

ETA: Oh, and fyi - I was never Sea Org in case you were wondering.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I've never seen this thread: was doing something else when it started 18 months ago. The first and last pages were interesting, but I haven't see the rest and probably won't bother.

Paul

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Just came across this.

Well, times certainly change, don't they?
Not the times so much, but the person. I just don't have the energy to hate anyone anymore. I don't see the world as black & white like I used to either.

I look back at so many threads on ESMB and so much emotion and energy devoted to hate. Maybe I'm turning into a hippie, or just going soft as I age.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Not the times so much, but the person. I just don't have the energy to hate anyone anymore. I don't see the world as black & white like I used to either.

I look back at so many threads on ESMB and so much emotion and energy devoted to hate. Maybe I'm turning into a hippie, or just going soft as I age.
I totally understand that ... I feel much the same.

Life really is too short to hang on to past upsets and it feels so good to flick it all out of your space and just take each day as it comes, it has to be healthier too.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I totally understand that ... I feel much the same.

Life really is too short to hang on to past upsets and it feels so good to flick it all out of your space and just take each day as it comes, it has to be healthier too.
I feel like it is the healthy option. Obsessing about the past or things you can't change is not good for anyone. Make your peace then move on.

Veda

Sponsor

Most of the content on ESMB, the Message Board you started and courageously maintained, has been devoted to providing helpful information. Sure, there has been some conflict and noise, but that happens in a free environment, and that freedom is, itself, therapeutic and revitalizing.

You did a wonderful thing by creating a unique place that was much needed.

Veda

Sponsor

Scientologist: "You're a Nazi who wants to destroy minority religions."

"Wog" (Scientology word for "human." Scientologists see themselves as above human.): "Huh?"