What's new

Going Clear Airs on HBO!

Leland

Crusader
I had a special thought for people who had the cruel disconnection terminator applie dto their family - especially for people who had lost children

I am certain this documentary explains what you came through in trying to keep family in a piece while fighting thie cult pressure , threats...
It also explains the shame we have, the cognitive dissonance, the brainwash and all the courage it takes to wake up and leave...

Perhaps, people who will watch it, will understand the deep pain and the total cult control over people when they declare one in the family for speaking.

I wish this documentary may soon reunite some families.

The exseaorg line shall be promote and display anywhere to let know there is help to leave.

Yes...perhaps my family....what's left....Brother and Sister will understand more, some of what happened...after I got into the Cult....

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
I felt great afterward. Vindicated. Relieved. Like our stories have finally been told to the world and the world can finally know the truth. :thumbsup:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It is everything we thought it would be and much, much more.
{{{{{HUG}}}}}

I wish we could hug and smile and just jump & giggle together right now!

JustSheila

Crusader
I had a special thought for people who had the cruel disconnection terminator applie dto their family - especially for people who had lost children

I am certain this documentary explains what you came through in trying to keep family in a piece while fighting thie cult pressure , threats...
It also explains the shame we have, the cognitive dissonance, the brainwash and all the courage it takes to wake up and leave...

Perhaps, people who will watch it, will understand the deep pain and the total cult control over people when they declare one in the family for speaking.

I wish this documentary may soon reunite some families.

The exseaorg line shall be promote and display anywhere to let know there is help to leave.

Yeh, Lotus. :hug: All our families will understand better now, and many more will be united.

John Travolta and Tom Cruise now can see how they really look and act from others' views. I can't imagine either of them feeling anything but shame after seeing this, Deep, deep shame.

Perhaps that is why Kirstie Alley stopped tweeting this week. Maybe she saw it. She was always known as a woman with a heart toward the SO staff. I hope she will now do more than say a few nice words to them once in a while and stand up against the abuses.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Thank you to you fantastic people who kept us up to date ... I hope it didn't spoil it for you.

We'll all see it eventually but it was lovely to feel a part of it all as it aired.

:happydance:

JustSheila

Crusader
{{{{{HUG}}}}}

I wish we could hug and smile and just jump & giggle together right now!

What? That wasn't you I was hugging??? :omg:

Love to you, your hubby and your bub, MissWog. I hope we can meet one day when I am back in the US.

Love to all of us. We all done real, real good to come to this moment together!!

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Holy xenu! Just watched it and it is so powerful on many levels. I need to see it again to take it all in.

Love and gratitude to all involved. Just wow! Blown away here. The ramifications are too many to mention. Game changer! :)

Free Being Me

Crusader
Watching Alex Gibney's documentary Going Clear has been a journey. I can't thank Alex, Mr. Wright and EVERYONE that participated enough for sharing our collective story with the world. You each have my deepest respect and thank you. The playing field has changed and I'm still absorbing the implications personally, what it means to every Ex and the people who have seen the documentary with little or no info about the cult.

:grouphug:

Revoke this heinous abusive lying soul-sucking cult's Tax Exemption! Please!

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Good point....sure the Documentary is good for Exs.....but I imagine...great for public at large....A great look "behind the curtain...."

Public will KNOW it is nuts in the Cult...and that they are lunatics...(and duped)

If I was a public I would only find it Jaw dropping
how this cult is nut, lunatic and dangerous.

The Space opera beliefs appears crazy, taken from the mind of a paranoid guru, and nothing that ressemble a religion (more of a mafia). I would be angry to discover they don't pay salaries, (they have slaves) and have tax exemptions to built such billions dollars estate assets.

The most disgusting would be the human traficking and children abuse..this I wouldn't understand how come our government let it be for decades...
How come governements tolerate this cult abuses in human rights and financial abuses.
But certainly, I would never ever let anyone I know enter this mad cult of the lunacy who takes all your money!

I definitely would want the tax exemptions revoke and a governement agencies investigations conducted on the cult and it's top management

MissWog

Holy xenu! Just watched it and it is so powerful on many levels. I need to see it again to take it all in.

Love and gratitude to all involved. Just wow! Blown away here. The ramifications are too many to mention. Game changer! :)
Hey Sally, Want to set up that viewing party and I'll join you!

Seriously, When I hit "play" and the needle on the meter was swaying with the voice over, I had to pause.. I was already too late for the party and not ready to watch alone!

Elronius of Marcabia

I watched the twitter feed as the documetary aired

has to be some sort of record for WTF's per minute
and discussion of dental hygiene reached epic proportions.

The single word "really" was said god knows how many times.

A few critics who are already aware, but 99% were just viewers.

One more thing before I go, saw lot of comments as to Southpark and the Xenu episode
and a lot of people thought Southpark was just going off, but from the comments
like "OMG Southpark had it right !!"

Big delayed reaction there :clap::clap:

I thought it was gonna be pretty huge but I changed my mind it's like 47X huge !!

:wow:

MissWog

One more thing before I go, saw lot of comments as to Southpark and the Xenu episode

I thought it was gonna be pretty huge but I changed my mind it's like 47X huge !!

what was your search on Twitter?
Xoxo

Leland

Crusader

YES!.....All will remember that South Park Episode....and realize it was true....Amazing.

Free Being Me

Crusader
If I was a public I would only find it Jaw dropping
how this cult is nut, lunatic and dangerous.

The belief appears crazy, from the mind of a paranoid guru, and nothing that ressemble a religion. I would be angry to know they don't pay salaries, and have tax exemptions to built such billions dollars estate assets.

The most disgusting would be to know the human traficking and children abuse..this i wouldn't understand how our government let it be for decades...

But certainly, I would never ever let anyone I know enter this mad cult of the lunacy who takes all your money!

I truly hope what you're saying is discussed by everyone that's seen the doco. Why is $cientology tolerated and accorded legal privileges by the U.S. government to conduct what are basically crimes against humanity?

Mr. and Mrs. high level Federal Employees & Politicians, it's your sworn oath to protect citizens so right now would be a good time to do exactly that starting with $cientology. Thank you.

Elronius of Marcabia

what was your search on Twitter?
Xoxo

#GoingClear

Im sure twitter is still twittering but I just stayed with it as they came popping up in real time
to hear the reactions as it unfolded.

The play by play was excellent here :thumbsup: but I wanted to hear the reaction
from those who had no clue or just small inkling.

MissWog

#GoingClear

Im sure twitter is still twittering but I just stayed with it as they came popping up in real time
to hear the reactions as it unfolded.

The play by play was excellent here :thumbsup: but I wanted to hear the reaction
from those who had no clue or just small inkling.
MmmWha! Thank you for answering!
I tried to tweet, as much as I could, from this alias and my real life handle.. I was/am disappointed that my "IRL" account didn't see any followers tweet about GC.. Bunch of Reality Show junkies, I really figured among the Big Brother & Utopia fans in the US, someone would have been following along! I know my hippie to hipster friends got all social like we were at a music festival or sump something..!

I am just so happy this movie is out there! It will lead to more movies and more articles from reputable newspapers/authors/editors..not to mention the ABSOLUTE AVALANCHE of true crime TV episodes..

Why do I give a shit? I've been following this "system" since 2005.. The first time I searched the Internet for "scientology" I found a website with a huge clam on it and I was extreamly confused! I didn't even see the forum because I didn't know what a fucking forum was! I read text upon text about being locked in a room and some girl named Lisa.. I STILL DID NOT UNDERSTAND!

I wasn't there for ARS, around that time I was posting to alt-tv-dallas and scientology was not on my mind (1997-2000) but one day, after visiting old family friends (2003), I searched for Scientology.. I was in my bed in my new house with my then boyfriend (now husband) and I very specifically remember starting this search.. It took a couple of more years, casually surfing, to understand the significance of the clam.. And here I am, age 40, and there by the grace of God go I.

My best friend growing up was the granddaughter of Mary Jane Shippen.. My next door neighbor in Brentwood was the Elfman's.. Was it auny wonder that something dawned on me to search for Scientology? YES, YES IT WAS...I'm still confounded that it took me soooo long to put all the pieces together.. I'm 40, I've been looking to understand since I was 23, I was wondering since I was 8.

thank you all so much for the help!

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
My older Sister and a friend of hers ( both never ins...) watched it...and it will be interesting to hear what they have to say...

XenusChild

Patron with Honors
So I didn't get to watch it yet (don't have HBO and was at work anyway), BUT I did get a friend to watch it (never in) and she loved it and said she was going to watch it again. Then I decided to try an experiment-I'm Facebook friends with a few of the Scientologists I used to see at the org (see this thread for more on that). So, I decided to say that I was "watching" Going Clear, and tagged my friend in it, then told her that I was friends with some Scns and wanted to see if they would comment. So, we carried on a conversation about how crazy LRH was, how crazy Scientology is, that nothing LRH said about his life was true, how he turned space opera sci fi into a religion, and how they take hundreds of thousands of dollars from people. Sure enough, one of them commented with a link to the church's smear piece/character assassination, said that I've been to a scientology church and should know better, then she unfriended me! :biggrin:.

We'll see what the others say/do, if anything.