What's new

Going Clear Airs on HBO!

I loved the subtle digs, such as zooming in on Ron's hideous rotten teeth while he was speaking. Sometimes, the best way to get your point across is to let a picture tell 1,000 words. No commentary needed.

Also, am I the only person who laughed loudly at the sight of Miscavige singing "We Stand Tall"...and he's the shortest one there? :biggrin:

I thought it was a skillful, artfully-composed documentary. Very well done, and some very eye-opening moments.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

Where the hell is helluva (hoax)? ... this just isn't right.
Where are you HH?
Are you sat sitting somewhere in a stunned state, or wot?
:nervous:
I'm going to a viewing party at a motel that has HBO.
Kindly post motel address if there are going to be any of those EX-SCN GIRLS GONE WILD in attendance.

HH may still be busy up with an EX-SCN GIRLS GONE WILD in that viewing party at a motel that has HBO.

bromo

Patron with Honors
Here's hoping 8 month old takes a long afternoon nap and the 8 year old is going to get extra computer time from Grandma today (spring break here) so I can watch Going Clear on daughter's dvr today. Christmas morning may be late but it is still coming!

exexexscn

I know this is a real long shot but i'm hoping someone on here can help me out. I live in the Uk and couldn't watch going clear documentary, i would REALLY appreciate it if I could use someones HBO account to see it? Ive got myself onto the HBO website using a VPN, but of course still need an account to watch it. You can use my netflix for life if you allow me to use urs for just over 2 hours. Thanks for taking the time to read this! if youre happy to let me do so, just email me at [email protected] . Thanks so much guys!!

catarina

PTS Type III
I know I'm very late to the party. It hasn't aired in these parts, and I'm sort of reluctant to be a copyright terrorist. Well. Mostly. But this seemed worth doing lower conditions for. Found a good copy on youtube. Oh happy days! It really is very well made, and I think it squeezes in about as much as you can squeeze in during two hours. I hope it lands on our own television eventually, even though we don't have a large CoS presence (despite having had an ideal morgue in Malmoe for years).

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I know this is a real long shot but i'm hoping someone on here can help me out. I live in the Uk and couldn't watch going clear documentary, i would REALLY appreciate it if I could use someones HBO account to see it? Ive got myself onto the HBO website using a VPN, but of course still need an account to watch it. You can use my netflix for life if you allow me to use urs for just over 2 hours. Thanks for taking the time to read this! if youre happy to let me do so, just email me at [email protected] . Thanks so much guys!!

The videos on youtube and other websites are usually taken down quickly, based on valid copyright claims.

An alternative would be to use a Torrent client. Most Torrent servers and nodes carry that movie. ATM is the slow time of the day and my Torrent client lists close to 800 available full downloads (seeds, in torrent lingo) for this movie.

One of the available free Torrent clients would be µtorrent.

I hope this helps. :)

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I finally got to see "Going Clear".

As so many others have said, it's a lot to process. I'll probably watch it at least a couple more times.

Watching it later than the HBO airing, after Scientology has had time to react to it....

Two of the major points the film made:

1) Scientology's reaction to criticism and exposure is to smear and harass its critics.

2) Scientology has a dwindling membership but a whole lot of empty property.

Scientology's reaction?

1) A smear and harassment campaign against those who participated in the film.

2) A "rebuttal" film ... showing a whole lot of totally empty property.

(You'd think with all the money the church has, they'd spend at least a little of it on a decent PR firm.... :eyeroll:)

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology answers the question, "How is it possible to confront something without looking at it."

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I finally got to see "Going Clear".

As so many others have said, it's a lot to process. I'll probably watch it at least a couple more times.

Watching it later than the HBO airing, after Scientology has had time to react to it....

Two of the major points the film made:

1) Scientology's reaction to criticism and exposure is to smear and harass its critics.

2) Scientology has a dwindling membership but a whole lot of empty property.

Scientology's reaction?

1) A smear and harassment campaign against those who participated in the film.

2) A "rebuttal" film ... showing a whole lot of totally empty property.

(You'd think with all the money the church has, they'd spend at least a little of it on a decent PR firm.... :eyeroll:)

In order to do marketing you have to take on the viewpoint of someone who knows nothing about the product. This is exactly what cult members can't do. This is why they fail. This why they look like beings from outer space.