What's new

"Going Clear" arrives in Canada with lots of media attention

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
"Going Clear" just arrived in certain select theaters in Canada.

Apparently Gibney is up there and has done some interviews.

Lots of media coming out of Canada now for "Going Clear".

Here's a good article.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/0...ack-the-curtain-on-scientology-in-going-clear

(excerpts)

Going Clear is now in theatres in Toronto, Montreal and Calgary and available on demand. It will open across the country in other cities before the end of May.

Gibney says he has been subjected to plenty of criticism from Scientology adherents and spokespeople.

He's also been contacted by a lot of former members of the church.

"I can't tell you the number of ex-Scientologists who have come up to me and said how grateful they are that I've made the movie … there are still a tremendous number of ex-Scientologists out there," says Gibney, "who have experienced first-hand the kind of abuse and mind control that Scientology is famous for."

Don't look now, but Scientologist Tom Cruise might be stuck between a rock and a hard place when it’s time to promote Mission Impossible – Rogue Nation this summer.

According to Mike Rinder, a former senior executive in the church of Scientology, Cruise has to promote one film while dodging questions about another — Alex Gibney's Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief.

The doc accuses Cruise, who is alleged to be on the receiving end of money, cheap labour and favours from the church, of knowing about Scientology's abuses and doing nothing about it.

Rinder, who is one of several former Scientologists interviewed for Gibney's movie, says, "I imagine Cruise's press junket for MI5 is going to be a rather unsettling experience. I'm sure they'll try to limit questions, or tell journalists they're not allowed to discuss the subject and only talk about the movie, but it's going to come up! And if they push it really hard, and start excluding people who won't comply, then they're going to have that become the story.

"I don't think there's any way they'll be able to avoid this."

Last edited:

apple

Patron Meritorious
I heard the announcement on this Saturday's CBC radio morning show. I may go and watch it but I watched twice from You Tube.