What's new

GOING CLEAR on short list for Best Documentary ~~ Academy Awards

Orglodyte 2

Patron with Honors

This Proves their slime and smear campaigns did didley squat.:omg::omg::omg:

Actually their campaigns may have given the movie a boost ... and it looks as though Hollywood is no longer intimidated. This is a very big deal and the result of much effort on the part of many brave people, including you. THANK YOU!

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
if going clear wins it should go like this:

larry anderson (actor from orientation) should announce it, only he should hobble out with shoes on his knees cause he's way too tall to play miscavige... someone brings out a shorter podium for him cause he can't see over a normal one

larry is wearing miscavige's navy outfit with all the stripes and flair and put a gold medal on alex then salute and do the hearty handshake and that stupid clap miscavige does where he spanks down on his own hand

next have leah come out in a sea org dress with a framed clear certificate, jason beghe walks out and asks for his credit card for the next level, runs it on a machine and has him sign some paper contracts, then paul haggis hands him the oscar trophy

one can dream...

if not the upity oscars maybe snl will do it though i don't think that can top their neurotology skit, wow!

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
View attachment 11762

attachment.php

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
From the Hollywood Reporter:

A day after Alex Gibney's Going Clear was shortlisted for the 2016 Oscar nomination for best documentary, the filmmaker and Lawrence Wright, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of the book behind the film, sat down at N.Y.C.'s 92nd Street Y to talk about the allure of Scientology — both as a subject of investigation for their own work and as a powerful belief system for its followers. The discussion was moderated by Janice Min, co-president/chief creative officer of the Entertainment Group of Guggenheim Media.

snip:

............... "I had been offered this project many times — it sounds like kind of a punishment in a way — but I had turned it down," Gibney said. "But when I read Larry's book, the thing that intrigued me the most was the idea of the prison of belief — the idea that when you're self-imprisoned — the cell door is open, but you don't leave. In that state of belief you can do the most appalling things that you would otherwise consider reprehensible, but you do them because under the banner of belief, you believe it's somehow OK. I had just come off that film about the Catholic Church, where I was interested in this process called noble cause corruption — the idea that in the service of a belief, you allow yourself to do terrible things." The connection was compelling to Gibney, and he decided to take on Scientology."

More: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/what-led-alex-gibney-lawrence-845609

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

A day after Alex Gibney's Going Clear was shortlisted for the 2016 Oscar nomination for best documentary, the filmmaker and Lawrence Wright, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of the book behind the film, sat down at N.Y.C.'s 92nd Street Y to talk about the allure of Scientology — both as a subject of investigation for their own work and as a powerful belief system for its followers. The discussion was moderated by Janice Min, co-president/chief creative officer of the Entertainment Group of Guggenheim Media.

snip:

............... "I had been offered this project many times — it sounds like kind of a punishment in a way — but I had turned it down," Gibney said. "But when I read Larry's book, the thing that intrigued me the most was the idea of the prison of belief — the idea that when you're self-imprisoned — the cell door is open, but you don't leave. In that state of belief you can do the most appalling things that you would otherwise consider reprehensible, but you do them because under the banner of belief, you believe it's somehow OK. I had just come off that film about the Catholic Church, where I was interested in this process called noble cause corruption — the idea that in the service of a belief, you allow yourself to do terrible things." The connection was compelling to Gibney, and he decided to take on Scientology."

More: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/what-led-alex-gibney-lawrence-845609

This article/interview by Hollywood Reporter is very good! :thumbsup:

We're getting closer and closer to the point where many never-in's are seeing Scientology AS-IS. And we know what happens then, don't we? :coolwink:

Larry Wright's book was perfectly named. Scientology IS a 'prison of belief'. This cult is selling 'total freedom' but they're delivering the exact opposite. It is the ultimate bait and switch.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

snip:

This an exceptionally well written and thoughtful article, and the 92nd Street Y is a venue that attracts a seriously influential audience.

This is absolutely catastrophic for Scientology.

The thuggery and intimidation of Scientology only "work" in the dark absence of people speaking out.

And in case OSA hasn't noticed...those days are gone.

Why, even COB's father...is writing a tell-all!

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
What are the chances of Scientologists picketing the "bigots" at the Academy Awards, should Going Clear receive a nomination?

ForLease

Maximus Squirrel
Oh, Churchill! You're giving me dreams of seeing them marching right next to Westboro Baptist Church...

DO IT, DAVEY! MAKE IT SO!