Going Clear - Scientology and the Prison of Belief

smartone

My Own Boss
This evening we watched on Sky Atlantic a documentary entitled 'Going Clear - Scientology and The Prison of Belief'.

I don't know how old this documentary is but it's a relief to FINALLY get the true story. :coolwink:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
This evening we watched on Sky Atlantic a documentary entitled 'Going Clear - Scientology and The Prison of Belief'. I don't know how old this documentary is but it's a relief to FINALLY get the true story. :coolwink:

It was released on March 20 last year. It was downloadable from ESMB for a while so you could have got it for free. (Not that I'd want to deprive Gibney of some income of course, but I guess I did.)

It was broadcast on Sky Atlantic in the UK and Ireland, including Northern Ireland, on September 21, 2015, and attracted 88,000 overnight viewers. By the start of October it had become Sky's most-watched documentary for three years, attracting a peak audience of 313,000 viewers and an average of 243,000 including catchup viewing.

Source

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
It was released on March 20 last year. It was downloadable from ESMB for a while so you could have got it for free. (Not that I'd want to deprive Gibney of some income of course, but I guess I did.)

It was broadcast on Sky Atlantic in the UK and Ireland, including Northern Ireland, on September 21, 2015, and attracted 88,000 overnight viewers. By the start of October it had become Sky's most-watched documentary for three years, attracting a peak audience of 313,000 viewers and an average of 243,000 including catchup viewing.

Source

Sky Atlantic broadcast it fairly regularly in the UK.
Was broadcast again tonight.
t
t
t it regularly.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
This evening we watched on Sky Atlantic a documentary entitled 'Going Clear - Scientology and The Prison of Belief'.

I don't know how old this documentary is but it's a relief to FINALLY get the true story. :coolwink:

Glad you got to finally see it!! It came out in 2015, I believe. It's also available online in the USA for HBO subscribers through Comcast's XFINITY ON DEMAND™ Ends 12/31/16

Going Clear: Scientology (HBO)
Ends 12/31/16. Academy Award(R)-winning director Alex Gibney (HBO's 'Taxi to the Dark Side') turns his focus to Scientology in this documentary based on the book by Lawrence Wright. Gibney profiles eight former Scientologists shining a light on how the church cultivates true believers and looking at its origins, from the mind of L. Ron Hubbard to its rise in Hollywood and beyond.
http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/...mer#filter=online&episode=7683942927834361112

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Glad you got to finally see it!! It came out in 2015, I believe. It's also available online in the USA for HBO subscribers through Comcast's XFINITY ON DEMAND™ Ends 12/31/16

Going Clear: Scientology (HBO)

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/...mer#filter=online&episode=7683942927834361112

Oh, cool! I subscribe to Comcast so I'll schedule a re-watch. My first viewing was strange because it was a slightly slowed down version to avoid copyright issues or something like that and the cast sounded drunk and it took much longer to watch through.

guanoloco

As-Wased
This made me think of FarraCON and the NOI. I wonder what the official policy is regarding "entheta" material? I wonder how these people are steered away from thinking for themselves?