What's new

Going Clear Wins Emmys (plural)

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Going Clear just won the Emmy for best documentary.

.It’s a win! ‘Going Clear’ wins best documentary, best writing, and best direction…Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special
WINNERGoing Clear (HBO) Alex Gibney, Lawrence Wright, etc, producers
Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck (HBO) Frances Bean Cobain, etc
Sinatra: All Or Nothing At All (HBO) Alex Gibney, etc
The Case Against 8 (HBO) Sheila Nevins, etc
Virunga (Netflix) Leonardo DiCaprio, etc

Outstanding Directing for Nonfiction Programming
Citizenfour (HBO) Laura Poitras
Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways “Washington, D.C.” (HBO) Dave Grohl
WINNERGoing Clear (HBO) Alex Gibney
Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck (HBO) Brett Morgen
The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst“Chapter 2: Poor Little Rich Boy” (HBO) Andrew Jarecki

Outstanding Writing for Nonfiction Programming
Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown “Iran” (CNN) Anthony Bourdain
Last Days in Vietnam (American Experience, PBS) Mark Bailey, Keven McAlester
The Roosevelts: An Intimate History “Episode 5: The Rising Road (1933-1939)” (PBS) Geoffrey C. Ward

http://tonyortega.org/2015/09/12/go...obain-the-jinx-in-the-emmys-today/#more-25492

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
Re: Going Clear Wins Emmy

WOOHOO! Awesome news!
:woohoo: :party: :dance2:

congratulations.png

Lone Star

Crusader

......meanwhile another Narconon opens somewhere. Kaiser Hospital in LA lets them disseminate on site. Tax exemption remains in place. Another Russian or ten arrives at Flag to join slave staff. The Hole is still imprisoning people. Shelly is still missing. Rathbun case has been sucked into a mysterious Black Hole.

You can stab it with your steely knife but you just can't kill the beast.

Even if it's an award winning knife.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

......meanwhile another Narconon opens somewhere. Kaiser Hospital in LA lets them disseminate on site. Tax exemption remains in place. Another Russian or ten arrives at Flag to join slave staff. The Hole is still imprisoning people. Shelly is still missing. Rathbun case has been sucked into a mysterious Black Hole.

You can stab it with your steely knife but you just can't kill the beast.

Even if it's an award winning knife.

Memo to Mr. Buzzkill: The mills of the Gods grind exceedingly slowly...but they grind exceedingly fine.

This comes at a good time, when Dave is relying more and more on his shrinking stable of Celebs to be the public face of the Cult.

He is going to need an awful lot more sand for them to stick their heads into, in order to avoid
answering questions. This is a big deal. Be grumpy tomorrow, if you must.:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Lone Star

Crusader

Memo to Mr. Buzzkill: The mills of the Gods grind exceedingly slowly...but they grind exceedingly fine.

This comes at a good time, when Dave is relying more and more on his shrinking stable of Celebs to be the public face of the Cult.

He is going to need an awful lot more sand for them to stick their heads into, in order to avoid
answering questions. This is a big deal. Be grumpy tomorrow, if you must.:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Yes congratulations to Gibney for getting an Emmy. He deserves it. He's very talented and the film was very well done. One of the best documentaries I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. I'm a documentary buff, so I know a good one when I see one.

As far as "taking on the cult" goes....well, the cult goes on....and on.....and on.....

The Emmy will sit in a case and have to be dusted regularly. Tom Cruise will still not be asked the tough questions when he's out hocking another piece of shit movie that makes him more tens of millions a pop.

TG1

Angelic Poster

Congratulations to Larry Wright, Alex Gibney and all the ex-Scientologists who made "Going Clear" the 2015 big Emmy winner. Could not be happier for you all and for us and everyone else who put up with that bullshit for far too long.

Lone Star

Crusader

Unfortunately the Emmy award trophy is an exact replica of a statue on Marcab. It really, really keys me in and is very restimulative.

Gonna see if Paul's Robot can erase it for me....

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Yes congratulations to Gibney for getting an Emmy. He deserves it. He's very talented and the film was very well done. One of the best documentaries I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. I'm a documentary buff, so I know a good one when I see one.

As far as "taking on the cult" goes....well, the cult goes on....and on.....and on.....

The Emmy will sit in a case and have to be dusted regularly. Tom Cruise will still not be asked the tough questions when he's out hocking another piece of shit movie that makes him more tens of millions a pop.

Yep, you're absolutely right ... people will do as they like despite all the info out there and perhaps (in this day and age with the internet available easily to all) some people truly do belong there.

It's still very cool though that this doco won such an award and I'm really pleased to see it happen.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

TOTAL CAUSE OTS
vs
DEGRADED TOTAL EFFECT SPs

SPs WIN!!!

.......wait a damned second! Weren't the super-able OTs supposed to be able to make it go right and stop that documentary?

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
lots of other folRe: Going Clear Wins Emmy

www.variety.com/2015/tv/news/going-clear-alex-gibney-scientology-hbo-emmys-1201592323/

A sequel in the works?

Now that's what I call unprecedented orders of magnitude straight up and vertical expansion on this planet!

I think I've read that Alex has LOTS more to share! :biggrin:

Isn't it pretty cool to KNOW that there are LOTS of peeps out there interested in this subject....yeah baby! This is the best news I could come home to tonight!

mockingbird

Re: Going Clear Wins Three Emmys

Correction, Going Clear in fact did not win an Emmy. It has won THREE.

It’s a win! ‘Going Clear’ wins best documentary, best writing, and best direction…
Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special
WINNERGoing Clear (HBO) Alex Gibney, Lawrence Wright, etc, producers
Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck (HBO) Frances Bean Cobain, etc
Sinatra: All Or Nothing At All (HBO) Alex Gibney, etc
The Case Against 8 (HBO) Sheila Nevins, etc
Virunga (Netflix) Leonardo DiCaprio, etc

Outstanding Directing for Nonfiction Programming
Citizenfour (HBO) Laura Poitras
Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways “Washington, D.C.” (HBO) Dave Grohl
The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst“Chapter 2: Poor Little Rich Boy” (HBO) Andrew Jarecki

Outstanding Writing for Nonfiction Programming
Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown “Iran” (CNN) Anthony Bourdain
Last Days in Vietnam (American Experience, PBS) Mark Bailey, Keven McAlester
The Roosevelts: An Intimate History “Episode 5: The Rising Road (1933-1939)” (PBS) Geoffrey C. Ward

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

....just a very pleasant reminder.

Had Scientology successfully blocked, derailed or stopped the GOING CLEAR documentary, there would have been endless video clips playing in Scientology orgs of Captain Miscavige at an international event, with that cockeyed, drunk, leering grin.

His booming baritone would have been bombastically blasting boastful bullshit about how unstoppable his OT postulates were.

Yet. . .

He couldn't stop the documentary. He was utterly powerless. Total Effect.

And so, of course, Scientologists must never ever mention it.

WOG
Hey you Scientologists got royally reamed
when that GOING CLEAR documentary was
viewed by 10 million people and just won
an Emmy Award!

SCIENTOLOGIST
I don't know what you're talking about.

WOG
Hey, it's all over the media, TV and the internet.
Go look for yourself.

SCIENTOLOGIST
I don't have any data on that. But if what you are
saying is true, then it wasn't Scientology's fault.

WOG
Wuttt? How could it not be Scientology's fault,
the film was about Scientology!

SCIENTOLOGIST
Because Scientology is the science of being cause and
winning. If someone was effect or had a loss, by
definition that's not Scientology.

George Layton

Yep, and thank god people don't all follow any one man's take on life.