What's new

Golden Globes: Ricky Gervais slams Scientology

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
The two gentlemen, Tom Cruise and John Travolta shills for Scientology! - An applied philosophy by L.Ron Hubbard who suggests that homosexuals are at 1.1 (covertly hostile) on his 'tone scale'. L.Ron Hubbard teaches that homosexuals are perverts and criminals that should be 'deleted' from civil society.

So Tom Cruise and John Travolta is not merely pretending to be straight. They are codoning and furthering the most hostile and unrelenting agenda towards homosexuals there is. The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology!

There really is no excuse for that!

Besides.. It was a joke. If the two scientological gentlemen can't take a joke they're in the wrong business (showbusiness).. Or maybe they're just in the wrong religion. I think that's what it is..

:yes:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
That would be me. I concede your point that Quentin's sexuality is not 100% confirmed as fact. There is, however, significant testimony from several of those that knew him and it does explain, in part, the way L Ron Hubbard treated him. There seems little evidence to suggest he was heterosexual. I have seen nothing in the way to support the notion of homosexual rape and I would imagine that other, related physical evidence would have been apparent at the autopsy and noted in the report. Just as possible is the notion that Hubbard knew full well Quentin was gay and tried to audit it out of him. The failure of the tech to "cure" Quentin - who must have had an MU, WO, or something similar - could have driven LRH into a seething rage. It would certainly not be a good look to have the son of Source as a living example of the failure of the tech.

I don't know whether OSA killed Quentin but there is something fishy about his death. Although found in a car with its engine running and a hose pipe leading from the exhaust, no carbon monoxide was found in his blood. The official cause of death was listed as "possible suicide". There was no public death notice, or funeral service or obvious mourning on the part of L Ron Hubbard. When informed of Quentin having been found unconscious, LRH is reported to have said: “that stupid fucking kid! That stupid fucking kid! Look what he’s done to me!”.

Today, Scientology remains locked into that 1950s tech and the concept that homosexuality is a curable aberration. Oh, what sweet fodder for satire, so strong a uniting force for those who protest the cult, yet such a dark dead-end for its adherents.

Hi Blip!

Hubbard's reaction makes sense if one assumes that Quentin was supposed to die quietly, vanish out of knowledge, a nameless hobo-junkie, as the local police thought he was. Hubbard was not happy that his son survived. OSA was not happy he survived. It was a botched job, in fact.

The kid probably died because he went around telling everyone his father was nuts. That was the context. The pretext was that he was gay. Gays were fair game. At least that's how I read it.

More about supporting institutionalized homophobia if you ask me. Besides, it was more leveled at the organization than the individuals themselves. I'm sure there's more than two GBLT(etc) Scientology actors.

You missed it, Thetanic. That's what the "lawyer" comment brought home. The "joke" was stated in the fashion it was so as to be specific as to which individuals were referenced while at the same time avoiding clear exposure to public libel.

Many actors may be rumored to be gay. How many famous scientologist actors have such rumors broadly bruited about? Reduction through description allowed for the persons to be indicated without actually being named. The actors, should they consider themselves defamed, would in effect have to "out" themselves as the targets of the "joke" in order to pursue legal redress. Meanwhile "everyone gets it". :eyeroll:

Not one of Gervais' "shining moments".

Mark A. Baker

Jump

Operating teatime
Thetanic: more than two GBLT(etc)

.oO( mmm bacon lettuce tomato AND guacamole )

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
No. False ASSUMPTION on your part. Get your facts straight before choosing to post "facts". :eyeroll: Mark A. Baker

I am very concerned about identity theft. Someone I have been reading the past 2 years has been using your name and posting pro-tech advice to one and all. I surely hope you can catch them and use the tech to handle them.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard, from his writings, was a bigoted Homophobe.

This bigoted homphobic attitude is embedded in the religious sacrements of Scientology. In particular, the books DMSMH and Science of Survival and the accompanying Chart of Human Evaluation.

Liberal people are inevitably going to ridicule such a bigoted and homophobic "religion" that stays silent about its bigotry.

If scientology doesn't like being ridiculed for their beliefs, the solution for them is simple. They can alter their sacrements and admit that Hubbard was wrong. They could destroy the DMSMSH and SOS books and stop using the chart to "evaluate" people, including homosexuals. Simple!

Or they can publically and proudly defend Hubbard's attitudes and publically admit denegration of homosexuals as degraded beings is part of their religion. Simple!

Similarly individual scientologists can publically say Hubbard was wrong in his writings, or they can proudly defend the religious "truth" that labels homosexuals as 1.1 degraded beings, that are suitable only for disposal as quickly as possible and without sorrow. Simple!

Staying silent about the religious beliefs of the cult is what was being attacked by Ricky. Scientology and scientologists only have themselves to blame, if they become targeted for their silent fear and their unadmitted bigoted attitudes.

Gervais' target has always been hypocrasy (ref "The Office" and "Extras"). So in his Globe barb he was simply doing what he does.

Imagine what he would do if he really got stuck into the bigoted cult!!! :omg:

I can just see him now, playing "David" being followed by the cameras (as in the Office) and glibly ignoring contradictions in the religion and ignoring the barmy behaviour of his cult followers, while he smiles into the camera, confident of his own rightness. Hey Ricky, contact me and we can work on your next comedy "The Cult"!

Last edited:
I found three people who did see the comment but are not at all knowledgable about the minute details of the Church.

One believes it is a UFO cult.

The other two think it is a scam.

All three thought Gervais' comment was a knock on gays.

Two said they thought he was probably talking about Cruise and Travolta because they knew they were Scientologists.

None knew about the Church's stance on homosexuals.

Not everyone thinks like exes--just saying...

The Anabaptist Jacques

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
One liners can always be misunderstood. What's really needed is a full expose on TV, whether it is a quality in-depth look at Hubbard's words (not the superficial coverage that Sweeney gave it) or more spoof comedies. I reckon Ricky is just the man for such a comedy! :yes:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I found three people who did see the comment but are not at all knowledgable about the minute details of the Church.

One believes it is a UFO cult. The other two think it is a scam.

All three thought Gervais' comment was a knock on gays. Two said they thought he was probably talking about Cruise and Travolta because they knew they were Scientologists.

None knew about the Church's stance on homosexuals. Not everyone thinks like exes--just saying.

I'm an openly gay man and gay activist and I thought Ricky's joke was hilarious. Not everyone thinks like you-- just saying.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Hubbard, from his writings, was a bigoted Homophobe.

This bigoted homphobic attitude is embedded in the religious sacrements of Scientology. In particular, the books DMSMH and Science of Survival and the accompanying Chart of Human Evaluation.

Liberal people are inevitably going to ridicule such a bigoted and homophobic "religion" that stays silent about its bigotry.

If scientology doesn't like being ridiculed for their beliefs, the solution for them is simple. They can alter their sacrements and admit that Hubbard was wrong. They could destroy the DMSMSH and SOS books and stop using the chart to "evaluate" people, including homosexuals. Simple!

Or they can publically and proudly defend Hubbard's attitudes and publically admit denegration of homosexuals as degraded beings is part of their religion. Simple!

Similarly individual scientologists can publically say Hubbard was wrong in his writings, or they can proudly defend the religious "truth" that labels homosexuals as 1.1 degraded beings, that are suitable only for disposal as quickly as possible and without sorrow. Simple!

Staying silent about the religious beliefs of the cult is what was being attacked by Ricky. Scientology and scientologists only have themselves to blame, if they become targeted for their silent fear and their unadmitted bigoted attitudes.

Gervais' target has always been hypocrasy (ref "The Office" and "Extras"). So in his Globe barb he was simply doing what he does.

Imagine what he would do if he really got stuck into the bigoted cult!!! :omg:

I can just see him now, playing "David" being followed by the cameras (as in the Office) and glibly ignoring contradictions in the religion and ignoring the barmy behaviour of his cult followers, while he smiles into the camera, confident of his own rightness. Hey Ricky, contact me and we can work on your next comedy "The Cult"!

Anyone I know in Scientology who has even had a smattering of auditing to the point they've gone past life and especially those who've had some actual auditor training and have spent time in the chair know that EVERYONE has had MULTIPLE homosexual past lives. Including themselves!!!

Boy was I shocked when doing a sec check one time.

It's also true that there's bigoted anti-gay sentiment in the same people.

Just goes to show you the level of back assward insanity that goes on in the cult.

However, the real problem is that Scientology views EVERYONE with as much equal disdain as it does homosexuals.

You're a circuit, a rejects motion, can't have, black V, dub-in of a dub-in, mass of reactivity. Your internal mental scene is one of a throng of straight-jacketed screaming aberrees so far out of valence that they're in a synthetic valence, stuck in incidents trillions of years from present time.

This world is a graveyard dumpster full of artists, perverts, criminals and other stuff that are all mashed together into one body by the millions or something like that and subjected to trillions of years of electronic implanting.

That's exactly what a homosexual is - they just happen to be dramatizing that particular serfac.

If you recognize homosexual prejudice and want to champion a public cause to raise awareness of this hidden covert prejudice within Scientology - well, get in line.

Homosexuals aren't treated with any different prejudice than EVERYONE else by the crime syndicate.

All and one are fair game to exploitation, manipulation, extortion, black mail, (insert your favorite crime here).

In fact, every Scn I know is quite smug about the fact that homosexuality is an out of valence problem and easily "handled" with Ron's superlative tech.

PS. If you already are aware of this then I apologize up front and must've failed to get the point of your post.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

fortymarriedandbalding

Patron with Honors
I thought that the joke may also be a jab at the anti-gay stance in Hollywood.

Where are the homosexual men superstars? For a male lead role actor in main stream films to be openly gay would usually be career suicide and they know that.

The business execs in film companies know that the US, their biggest market, is writhing with visible and hidden homophobia and loathing for homosexuals. They know they will get less bums in seats if they cast an openly gay action superhero etc.

All of Hollywood must know this, but they sit on their arses and do nothing, say nothing about it.

What is really funny is they make movies about homosexual men like Philadelphia or Brokeback Mountain and get praised for breaking down barriers, but the in the casting room, the barriers still exist.

Luckily there are some very famous homosexual men in other celebrity roles, and even in acting, but they are not the superstars.

(there may be an exception to this rule – I do not have the time or inclination to follow Hollywood much these days)

Ricky on Piers Morgan tonight:

"'They hired me for a job, and if they didn't want me, they shouldn't have hired me." He also said: "I don't care what people think of me. It's not my job to worry about what people think of me, that's the job of a politician."

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/p...drops-in-for-a-pint-on-Piers-Morgans-new-show

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/

And the job of his publicist.

His livelyhood depends on what people think of him.

He isn't trying to make everyone like him, but he has his own audience which he cultivates.

The Anabaptist Jacques