What's new

Good experiences in Scientology

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Now I have come to understand what disassociation is. Those of us that felt we went exterior might want to look into what that means exactly.

Yes
and Yes
and Yes

So true!

I can recall many times I was apparently ''exterior'' got int rundown a few times..but was actually, dissociated and feeling real bad...
All this Scientology ''pseudo-exteriorization'' is a total bullshit....

I later experienced true soul experience..nothing close to $cientology dissociation....

It's like embracing the whole...Not at all the exteriorization you get in OT3 course room...WTF ????? :eek::rubeyes::blink:

Hey by the way..I just found this smilie : :handcuffs::handcuffs:
Wow ESMB is going BDSM :giggle:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Massive betrayal was the only thing I felt when I resigned.

I fully understand your feelings of betrayal given all the time and energy you devoted to scientology. My initial feelings when I finally quit was one of great relief that the pressure I had been under while I was on staff was lifted, and it wasn't until much much later that I realised ( to a great extent with the help of this message board and other sources) just how badly I had been conned, lied to, betrayed and otherwise abused by the cult.

phenomanon

Canyon
I fully understand your feelings of betrayal given all the time and energy you devoted to scientology. My initial feelings when I finally quit was one of great relief that the pressure I had been under while I was on staff was lifted, and it wasn't until much much later that I realised ( to a great extent with the help of this message board and other sources) just how badly I had been conned, lied to, betrayed and otherwise abused by the cult.
I feel very very bitter about how some good people were being used and abused. Me included.

strativarius

I don't want to sound too cynical, but it's not only in scientology where you find people ready to rip you off at a moments notice. Kay Hopkins (nee Sheldon), who was the wife of the London Org OES when I was there (she was from Texas like you Jana) came out with this phrase in my presence and I've never forgotten it - as a matter of fact I used it for my sig for a while and may do so again. She said "There are two kinds of people in this world, the givers and the takers, and the givers get took".

No-one ever spoke a truer word IMO.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't want to sound too cynical, but it's not only in scientology where you find people ready to rip you off at a moments notice. Kay Hopkins (nee Sheldon), who was the wife of the London Org OES when I was there (she was from Texas like you Jana) came out with this phrase in my presence and I've never forgotten it - as a matter of fact I used it for my sig for a while and may do so again. She said "There are two kinds of people in this world, the givers and the takers, and the givers get took".

No-one ever spoke a truer word IMO.

"There's two kinds of people; them goin' somewhere and them goin' nowhere" - Lee Marvin in Paint Your Wagon

Scientologists are goin' nowhere.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
So, is the summation of the 'good' in scn - as expressed in this thread - that there were some outstandingly fine individuals to get to know, but, scn itself was just some garden variety shit ?

strativarius

For the benefit of our beloved phenomanon, 00000010 is what 2 looks like in binary notation. Now do ya geddit? :)

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
"There's two kinds of people; them goin' somewhere and them goin' nowhere" - Lee Marvin in Paint Your Wagon

Scientologists are goin' nowhere.
Ah, then there is that endless circle of going 'round & 'round the bridge - or was it a pole in the desert ?

Surely, somewhere, somehow, sumpin' good can be squeezed outta dat !

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
It seems many people have had rather astounding spiritual events from Scientology procedures, but are thereafter unable to duplicate the experience at will. Do you think proper validation and stabilization would remedy this? I have duplicated "leaving the body" on two other occasions. I have also experienced, on countless occasions, what LRH called "returning" to an incident, although these have never involved unpleasant engrams. The "return" is genetrally comprised of a short "film experience" that usually ends when I become aware of what is occurring. "Leaving", on the other hand, is much more exhilarating. It is also a little frightening, which is why I do not often attempt it. There is a certain undeniable aspect of this that is very intense and makes one fear for his bodily life as the transition occurs. There is an "interdimensional" aspect to it, which may not be entirely accurate but is the best description I can give. It is literally "out of this world" and difficult to explain. Are there any groups of Ex-Scn looking into these things? LRH was smart for sure, but so are we.... has anyone looked beyond LRH to find explanations for these things?
I've been working with the Monroe Institute's Gateway recordings to explore the OBE arena. Robert Monroe and the Institute has been doing research into this area since the early 70's. Best thing about it is I found and downloaded everything from the net. Didn't cost me one thin dime.

I've been an ex now for 10 years and it is has been real eye opener to break free of 30+ years of Kool-Aid consumption. Hubbard's model is so inadequate. Clearly he had very little personal experience with what he (allegedly) thought he was going for.

As to the good in $cn, I did have a few mind-blowing L11 sessions that put me in a different state that to this day I don't understand how or why but certainly wouldn't mind re-experiencing. That's the glue. But eventually the life-sucking drain was too much to bare. The pressure for $$$ was always a given, but 20-30 years ago it was for services, these days they suck you dry for "Status". Pathetic. Leaving and finding out what the OT levels were about made it ever so more sweet to thank Xenu that I didn't stay to drop another $250K to "go OT".

There's so much more to be learned once you escape from the blanketing of Hubbard's mind. <smirk>

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Ah, but does it matter at all how R3R or NED was 'run' by the auditor ?

As I recall, some 'auditors' did well with any 'pc' & some as a 'pc' did well with any 'auditor'.

In my wondering of " HOW COME DAT " ? I've come to conclusion it has to do with what THAT PERSON brought to the table in the first place. Those people didn't really NEED that thing we call ( called ) scn - they were doing pretty good to start with.

Hey pick up a bit or piece that was helpful here or there ? Sure. But vital ? Nope.

seems the cult was all into " the teck " & not the people.

I've come to be a people person.

And for HELP ? There is pleanty of good honest help available from so many places damned near for free !

The cult never really had the handle on communication they thought they did- good communication exists all over the world & long long before Hubturd began his pillage & plunder adventures.

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
You didn't get the joke right. It's:
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.
Heh, methinks CP was not trying to repeat the earlier joke but was instead expressing some wisdom . . . and very valid and good wisdom it is too! :)

Indeed, it caused me to do a retake and look at what the Pigeon said in order to get its real and true implication . . . and boy, does it apply to the world of Scientology and even the Exie community as they do battle on the internet! :yes:

Out Effix

Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer
I was born into Scientology. I felt like I HAD to be A Scientologist .... all of my friends and family would make me wrong.

I thought Scientology was good and it helped people.

I was wrong - Scientology is EVIL.

Now that I am comparing Scientology to the rest of the World...and learning the actual truth about L Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige (they are both criminal con psychopaths)....I can honestly say there was NOTHING good about Scientology.

It is based on too many lies and anything good was copied to trap people into Scientology.

I am so grateful I am out. I have a life to live without Scientology.

I plan to get my family out using the TRUTH!

Thanks to all of you who told the truth and made fun of Scientology too....it helps me lighten up.

I love it when you guys use the ScioSpeak to make fun of Scientology and L Ron Hubbard.

Duped beyond belief....head is still spinning but am very grateful to be out!

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
I was born into Scientology. I felt like I HAD to be A Scientologist .... all of my friends and family would make me wrong.

I thought Scientology was good and it helped people.

I was wrong - Scientology is EVIL.

Now that I am comparing Scientology to the rest of the World...and learning the actual truth about L Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige (they are both criminal con psychopaths)....I can honestly say there was NOTHING good about Scientology.

It is based on too many lies and anything good was copied to trap people into Scientology.

I am so grateful I am out. I have a life to live without Scientology.

I plan to get my family out using the TRUTH!

Thanks to all of you who told the truth and made fun of Scientology too....it helps me lighten up.

I love it when you guys use the ScioSpeak to make fun of Scientology and L Ron Hubbard.

Duped beyond belief....head is still spinning but am very grateful to be out!
It must be very hard on a second generation Scientologist leaving the 'church'. None of my family was in, and I got in based on my own decision to join, and left the same way. It was still tough - wondering whether you were denying yourself your eternity. For quite some time after I left, I was still planning to go back in and go up the Bridge. It must be ten times more difficult to leave if all your family and friends are in. Seems to me, there are two types of 2nd generation Scio: those that pick up the mantle and become die-hard believers; and those that take it with a pinch of salt, don't really believe in it, and just go along with it for the sake of family. I guess the exit route must be different for each type. Which type were you?

W.

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Out Ethics, I am glad you are out too. I know what the "spinning" feeling is and I am happy, yet sorry you are feeling it, but you will go through it and it will be better in the end, I promise.

I'd love to know what caused your switch to go off.