What's new

Good experiences in Scientology

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Getting back to the topic of "good experiences in scientology" I just remembered something today which made me laugh.

I was a member of public in the UK and I occasionally had to go to Saint Hill for auditing. Each time I completed the auditing I had to do a routing form to leave Saint Hill and it was a pain in the ass because every staff member on the form refused to sign it until they'd got something from me. It used to take me hours to get through it and by the time I left Saint Hill I was usually totally pissed off.

Well, for a while I was married to a staff member and she also had to go to Saint Hill occasionally so one day I talked to her about these routing forms and asked her if she, being a staff member, had to complete them before being allowed to leave. She said she did so I asked her if she had any tips on how to get through them quickly. She gave me a funny look and said: "I just leave.". So I asked her: "What about the routing form?" and she said: "Oh, I just throw it away.".

Silly me. Why didn't I think of that?

RogerB

Crusader
Getting back to the topic of "good experiences in scientology" I just remembered something today which made me laugh.

I was a member of public in the UK and I occasionally had to go to Saint Hill for auditing. Each time I completed the auditing I had to do a routing form to leave Saint Hill and it was a pain in the ass because every staff member on the form refused to sign it until they'd got something from me. It used to take me hours to get through it and by the time I left Saint Hill I was usually totally pissed off.

Well, for a while I was married to a staff member and she also had to go to Saint Hill occasionally so one day I talked to her about these routing forms and asked her if she, being a staff member, had to complete them before being allowed to leave. She said she did so I asked her if she had any tips on how to get through them quickly. She gave me a funny look and said: "I just leave.". So I asked her: "What about the routing form?" and she said: "Oh, I just throw it away.".

Yes, well, the advantages of insider info! :cool:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Yes, well, the advantages of insider info! :cool:
Yep, at one time it took 3 or 4 DAYS to route out of flag. I just threw my routing form in the nearest in box & left. Did that for years.
It wasn't a secret - everybody knew the routing forms could take half a day for the person to show & sign you off - FUCK THAT !

No point is being completely stupid - have to stop at almost completely stupid ! :D

Out Effix

Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer
Out Ethics, I am glad you are out too. I know what the "spinning" feeling is and I am happy, yet sorry you are feeling it, but you will go through it and it will be better in the end, I promise.

I'd love to know what caused your switch to go off.
As it is with everyone, my deciding to LOOK and finally stop "being a Scientologist" was "death by 1,000 cuts".

I was the EO at our Local Org for a long time.

I saw things....bad things....as every staff member does. I would not confront it, convinced myself I did not understand because I was not a Scientololgy Clear or OT...and neatly tucked the information away - far away out of sight for most of my life.

Then....I could not do it anymore. I witnessed so much destruction within the members of the Church.

OT's dying, OT's doing crazy things to get money, OT's being declared SP's because they spoke out against the things I wanted to speak out against.

I witnessed very few people making it to Clear. Spending 100's of thousands of dollars and taking many years to obtain....then getting declared
"Un Clear" and being forced to do the Bridge again.

I saw certified Auditor's get their certs pulled....due to suppressive semi-colons and evil comma's (as someone described Gat II). I saw how it destroyed them.

The Church was using covert invalidation and nullification to control the members.

I never met one Clear or OT that had any super powers. They just thought they did.

I did not want to do much of the Bridge because of this.

When I was on staff....Upper management called every day. Screaming at the Executives who worked for essentially free - very hard and long days.

The staff are all in fear. No one new is coming in and staying. Old timers are getting Declared SP left and right.

I witnessed time and time again so much financial ruin with members.

The divorces - OMG - I think 90% of Scientologist's get divorced if not once, but many times twice or three times.

I witnessed the upper Orgs not following the tech as LRH described. If anyone said anything about it - they were punished or dead filed.

I witnessed Flag not following the tech. I witnessed Flag doing bad things to people to get money out of them and then keeping it. It was sickening to me.

Every Registrar I knew lied. They were deceitful and manipulative. They ruined so many people with lies about what would happen if they would only go broke and give their money to Scientology.

Gat II was an eye opener.

The Ideal Org program was a scam. Our building has been empty since I was born. We did not need a bigger building. I watched so many people file for bankruptcy and lose their homes to foreclosure over the Ideal Org program. I saw some financial irregularities with a few of the upper executives and some unethical stuff being done. I can't say much more about it but this IS Scientology.

I witnessed Staff recruiters lying to people about how much money they would make if they joined staff and how the new recruit will have the Bridge for free....getting them desperate to "have the Bridge" ....and then signing that billion year contract. All lies and it caused many flaps and upsets. It was wrong. No staff get the Bridge for free. No staff get paid anything. All money goes to the upper management and now I understand David Miscavige lives a lavish lifestyle with his $5,000 shoes and thousand dollar suits. It is nothing but slave labor in exchange for lives ruined.

I personally had a relationship destroyed. Scientology separated us for a long time and that is what ruined our relationship. I now understand this is SOP. I believe they do that on purpose.

My parents believe everything told to them by upper management. I don't and never did.

I read about LRH and now know he was a fraud and a con artist.

Slowly, over time, I came to terms with the truth....all of it and decided to LOOK at the internet to see what the Church did not want me to see.....After all LRH said "look, don't listen".

After discovering the lies that the Church kept from us....I quietly went away - telling everyone I have to make money and I am not interested in doing any Bridge until I handle my debt etc.

I am good at controlling the e-meter so they can do all the sec checks they want - I can beat any sec check. I figured out how to beat the meter when I was a kid. It works every time.

I will stay under the radar and work on getting my family out and my friends. I will be very careful and they will never know how I really feel about Scientology until they are completely out.

Wish me luck and thanks for all of the stories here on this board.

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
Out Ethics . . . .

That is a brilliant write up on the observable truths regarding Scientology. Well done!

Gazetted widely, it will help many.

Thank you for spending the time and energy to do it. :)

R

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
As it is with everyone, my deciding to LOOK and finally stop "being a Scientologist" was "death by 1,000 cuts".

I was the EO at our Local Org for a long time.

I saw things....bad things....as every staff member does. I would not confront it, convinced myself I did not understand because I was not a Scientololgy Clear or OT...and neatly tucked the information away - far away out of sight for most of my life.

Then....I could not do it anymore. I witnessed so much destruction within the members of the Church.

OT's dying, OT's doing crazy things to get money, OT's being declared SP's because they spoke out against the things I wanted to speak out against.

I witnessed very few people making it to Clear. Spending 100's of thousands of dollars and taking many years to obtain....then getting declared
"Un Clear" and being forced to do the Bridge again.

I saw certified Auditor's get their certs pulled....due to suppressive semi-colons and evil comma's (as someone described Gat II). I saw how it destroyed them.

The Church was using covert invalidation and nullification to control the members.

I never met one Clear or OT that had any super powers. They just thought they did.

I did not want to do much of the Bridge because of this.

When I was on staff....Upper management called every day. Screaming at the Executives who worked for essentially free - very hard and long days.

The staff are all in fear. No one new is coming in and staying. Old timers are getting Declared SP left and right.

I witnessed time and time again so much financial ruin with members.

The divorces - OMG - I think 90% of Scientologist's get divorced if not once, but many times twice or three times.

I witnessed the upper Orgs not following the tech as LRH described. If anyone said anything about it - they were punished or dead filed.

I witnessed Flag not following the tech. I witnessed Flag doing bad things to people to get money out of them and then keeping it. It was sickening to me.

Every Registrar I knew lied. They were deceitful and manipulative. They ruined so many people with lies about what would happen if they would only go broke and give their money to Scientology.

Gat II was an eye opener.

The Ideal Org program was a scam. Our building has been empty since I was born. We did not need a bigger building. I watched so many people file for bankruptcy and lose their homes to foreclosure over the Ideal Org program. I saw some financial irregularities with a few of the upper executives and some unethical stuff being done. I can't say much more about it but this IS Scientology.

I witnessed Staff recruiters lying to people about how much money they would make if they joined staff and how the new recruit will have the Bridge for free....getting them desperate to "have the Bridge" ....and then signing that billion year contract. All lies and it caused many flaps and upsets. It was wrong. No staff get the Bridge for free. No staff get paid anything. All money goes to the upper management and now I understand David Miscavige lives a lavish lifestyle with his $5,000 shoes and thousand dollar suits. It is nothing but slave labor in exchange for lives ruined.

I personally had a relationship destroyed. Scientology separated us for a long time and that is what ruined our relationship. I now understand this is SOP. I believe they do that on purpose.

My parents believe everything told to them by upper management. I don't and never did.

I read about LRH and now know he was a fraud and a con artist.

Slowly, over time, I came to terms with the truth....all of it and decided to LOOK at the internet to see what the Church did not want me to see.....After all LRH said "look, don't listen".

After discovering the lies that the Church kept from us....I quietly went away - telling everyone I have to make money and I am not interested in doing any Bridge until I handle my debt etc.

I am good at controlling the e-meter so they can do all the sec checks they want - I can beat any sec check. I figured out how to beat the meter when I was a kid. It works every time.

I will stay under the radar and work on getting my family out and my friends. I will be very careful and they will never know how I really feel about Scientology until they are completely out.

Wish me luck and thanks for all of the stories here on this board.
Wow! Great post.

How did it take me a couple hundred thousand words for what it took you to artfully say in a handful of lines? You have a knack I tell you.

I was also (eventually) able to trick the e-meter. Interestingly enough, I was able to do it even when I still believed it worked. Oy, what a dichotomy!

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Yep, at one time it took 3 or 4 DAYS to route out of flag. I just threw my routing form in the nearest in box & left. Did that for years.
It wasn't a secret - everybody knew the routing forms could take half a day for the person to show & sign you off - FUCK THAT !

No point is being completely stupid - have to stop at almost completely stupid ! :D
I was stupid enough to do the LOA routing form and get through the sec checks, show them my return plane ticket if I was on course and the whole nine. DER!

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I was stupid enough to do the LOA routing form and get through the sec checks, show them my return plane ticket if I was on course and the whole nine. DER!
I just blew it off - one year I think my ass got called to flag something like 10 times for this that & the other.

Oh, it was a " good experience " to toss the routing form & save myself a whole lot of time !

Out Effix

Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer
I also saw a few people who started Scientololgy - all leave Scientology because they were upset with Scientology.

They did not have O/W's as LRH stated. That was a lie. These people were ethical, up stat and honest people that were attracted to the good parts of Scientology you get in the beginning...to trap people into Scientology.

That always bothered me. Now I understand why - it is my rational and reasonable part of my mind working! ;)

I read somewhere that even LRH said the same thing ...people leave because they are upset - not because they have O/W's but he was afraid if people knew that - they would leave Scientology and there would be NO Scientology.

Well I obnosed that people left Scientology with a good reason - they had been invalidated, nullified, misunderstood and lied to. I witnessed this with my own eyes and I know what I know.

Veda

Sponsor
Making blanket negative statements obout every bit and piece of Scientology may feel good, but it may also drive a person further into Scientology.

When confronted by a person, who is in the process of being lured into Scientology, and has just pleasantly used his newly acquired "Comm Course" skills to establish communication with, and happily extrovert, a withdrawn little old lady neighbor, and is very pleased with himself about his good deed, and equally as impressed with his success applying the "tech," don't go

300px-Profanity.svg.png

on the person, because that probably won't help free him from the sucking power of Scientology.

The fact is the little old lady did feel better, and was cheerfully extroverted.

Recognize that, and then take it from there.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Making blanket negative statements obout every bit and piece of Scientology may feel good, but it may also drive a person further into Scientology.

When confronted by a person, who is in the process of being lured into Scientology, and has just pleasantly used his newly acquired "Comm Course" skills to establish communication with, and happily extrovert, a withdrawn little old lady neighbor, and is very pleased with himself about his good deed, and equally as impressed with his success applying the "tech," don't go

300px-Profanity.svg.png

on the person, because that probably won't help free him from the sucking power of Scientology.

The fact is the little old lady did feel better, and was cheerfully extroverted.

Recognize that, and then take it from there.
Understand that the primary importance in talking about Scientology is to ensure that no new person is lured into the cult -- not to make people feel good about Scientology.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

I remember, back in the day, when I was leaving AOLA for a spell. I budgeted 4 days for the process; 2 to route out of the org, and 2 to pack up and drive off. I got my routing form, and at every step, they tried to argue me into NOT leaving. After the first two days were over, I only got through a tiny fraction of the form. I didn't want to wait any more, not even a little bit, because that would throw my entire schedule off. So I just threw it in the trash and walked out the door. I needed the other 2 days to pack up and so on, and I didn't want to have to rush through that.

When I came back some months or years later, I had to see the MAA of course. I was severely criticized but not actually punished. I had the idea that you could get away with that once so I didn't do it again.

At some point I refused to do the "see the recruiter" step any more. I would just take the routing form and put an arrow though it, the way they do. I did so in full view of whoever was there; I didn't try to hide it.

And once at Flag, they kept pushing back my departure date. I allowed an extra day for schedule slip, but they kept me an extra two days. They called my airline and rescheduled me without my consent! The day I was supposed to leave was bright and sunny but my delayed departure was during a storm -- I was delayed 5 hours, and finally got home very late at night.

And at one point, they locked my bags in an empty office so I couldn't leave. I found that very threatening. I considered calling the police, but I'm glad I didn't, because I heard they come, a staff member tells them there's no problem, and then they leave.

Anyway, being effectively forced to stay troubled me greatly. I did leave and never went in a C of S again.

Helena

Veda

Sponsor
Understand that the primary importance in talking about Scientology is to ensure that no new person is lured into the cult -- not to make people feel good about Scientology.
Even though I've tried to explain it many times in many ways, you still don't understand what I've been saying.

What do you think, "take it from there" means or implies?

One little piece of Scientology is not necessarily all bad or all nonsense, but that little piece is not representative of the rest of Scientology.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Even though I've tried to explain it many times in many ways, you still don't understand what I've been saying.

What do you think, "take it from there" means or implies?

One little piece of Scientology is not necessarily all bad or all nonsense, but that little piece is not representative of the rest of Scientology.
We're both saying the same thing, just in different ways.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Out Ethics . . . .

That is a brilliant write up on the observable truths regarding Scientology. Well done!

Gazetted widely, it will help many.

Thank you for spending the time and energy to do it. :)

R

Rog...

It's not "the observable truths regarding Scientolgy"; it's the truth about what the bipeds infesting this planet have done with it

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Rog...

It's not "the observable truths regarding Scientolgy"; it's the truth about what the bipeds infesting this planet have done with it
May I fix your post Birdie ????

It's the observable truths regarding Scientolgy, it's the truth about what the biped, named Ron Hubbard, infesting this planet, have done with it

:cool:

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
These are experiences that - in and of themselves - were positive.

daisy-on-railroad-track.jpg.1145x0_q71_crop-scale.jpg

Please stay on the very limited topic. :)

If no one has anything positive to add on the subject, that's fine. It will be an empty thread, and that's OK.
I remember wonderful graduation nights cruising the outer Harbor of Los Angeles on the Excalibur, enjoying the drinks, eats, and awesome live music. This was early seventies, when things were so much more looser and relaxed in Scientology. The whole scene was intoxicating for a po' boy from the hood.

The original Comm Course. I loved every minute of it, and it changed my life for the better.

Just hanging out at the old L.A. Org, back when it was so safe, it was a gathering spot for free spirits of all types. The hang out culture around the L.A. area orgs actually lasted well into the nineties. Until at least the mid nineties you could still hang out in the various cafes and canteens without being bombarded for donations, recruitment, or simple chased away by security.

Early seventies events. Yep. They were actually fun at one time.

Being temporarily furloughed after completion of a major project. Often the renos crew would be idle for a few weeks to a few months. The escape from the insanity of the projects was heavenly during those brief periods.

The camaraderie. My pleasure moments in that area are too numerous to mention. We really were an awesome team.

Coming out of session during Life Repair auditing. I felt like a gigantic helium balloon at the end of every session. It was some of the best fun I've ever had doing anything this lifetime.

I also remember the sense of relief and accomplishment I felt every time we completed a major renos evolution. Some of our products were just spectacular, and we were justifiably proud of our handiwork. During the grand openings, us renos folks would normally be sleeping back at the office, partying somewhere, or scooting off to enjoy a bit of free time.

It wasn't all bad, all the time. We definitely had our fun back in the day.

JustSheila

Crusader
I remember wonderful graduation nights cruising the outer Harbor of Los Angeles on the Excalibur, enjoying the drinks, eats, and awesome live music. This was early seventies, when things were so much more looser and relaxed in Scientology. The whole scene was intoxicating for a po' boy from the hood.

The original Comm Course. I loved every minute of it, and it changed my life for the better.

Just hanging out at the old L.A. Org, back when it was so safe, it was a gathering spot for free spirits of all types. The hang out culture around the L.A. area orgs actually lasted well into the nineties. Until at least the mid nineties you could still hang out in the various cafes and canteens without being bombarded for donations, recruitment, or simple chased away by security.

Early seventies events. Yep. They were actually fun at one time.

Being temporarily furloughed after completion of a major project. Often the renos crew would be idle for a few weeks to a few months. The escape from the insanity of the projects was heavenly during those brief periods.

The camaraderie. My pleasure moments in that area are too numerous to mention. We really were an awesome team.

Coming out of session during Life Repair auditing. I felt like a gigantic helium balloon at the end of every session. It was some of the best fun I've ever had doing anything this lifetime.

I also remember the sense of relief and accomplishment I felt every time we completed a major renos evolution. Some of our products were just spectacular, and we were justifiably proud of our handiwork. During the grand openings, us renos folks would normally be sleeping back at the office, partying somewhere, or scooting off to enjoy a bit of free time.

It wasn't all bad, all the time. We definitely had our fun back in the day.
??
I was in the Sea Org in PAC from 1977 to 1986 and the majority of renos were done by the RPF and some EPF. LA Org, ASHO and AOLA were all at the complex by the end of 1978 or 1979. The RPF were never idle. Never. While the complex was being renovated, it was nearly 300 strong and they rarely got more than 4 hours sleep a night.

What renovations crew are you referring to? Sounds like a hired crew that was not on staff. I can't make any sense of what you wrote, I'm sorry. I was in Estates. I was Sea Org. I was at PAC throughout 77-86.

The Excalibur was bought in June of 1972 and sold after February of 1975. http://scientolipedia.org/info/Excalibur

The hang-out culture by the complex and the shops that were there is true, but that started to end when George's General Store closed and was officially over when that little restaurant owned by a Scientologist (the name escapes me just now, New York Georges... ???) closed. It closed when the complex started selling meals to public and drove them out of business, before DM took over in 1986. So that lasted from about 1979 (when the orgs were moved in) to 1985 or so. Possibly a bit later. Before that, the orgs weren't anywhere near each other.

Before AOLA and ASHO were moved, the SO kids lived at the Melrose and didn't even go home with their parents at night. They lived in hideous conditions. I was there at the Melrose as a nanny. So was Sneakster. He had just about the only decent nursery, with less than 1/2 the kids of the other nurseries. The building was horribly infested and filthy, with hiding out drills for the health inspections because the nurseries were so overcrowded. The kids rarely ever got out and had very little daylight or area to play and very few toys, most broken. That was how things were for the SO kids in LA in the 70s.

Maybe it was a great time for public people back then, but the Sea Org members had it real rough. We had the camaraderie, for sure, but we were also required to report on each other and that got worse and worse over time. The first couple of years of the 80s weren't so bad at AOLA, until the Finance Police, which was around 1982. AOLA's reserves had already been ripped out from the org and sent overseas by INT by 1979-80 - I saw the transfers. AOLA didn't even know until 2-3 years later.

Things were never the way they appeared. We just thought they were. Ignorance is bliss, I guess. :shrug:

Last edited:

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
??
I was in the Sea Org in PAC from 1977 to 1986 and the majority of renos were done by the RPF and some EPF. LA Org, ASHO and AOLA were all at the complex by the end of 1978 or 1979. The RPF were never idle. Never. While the complex was being renovated, it was nearly 300 strong and they rarely got more than 4 hours sleep a night.

What renovations crew are you referring to? Sounds like a hired crew that was not on staff. I can't make any sense of what you wrote, I'm sorry. I was in Estates. I was Sea Org. I was at PAC throughout 77-86.

The Excalibur was bought in June of 1972 and sold after February of 1975. http://scientolipedia.org/info/Excalibur

The hang-out culture by the complex and the shops that were there is true, but that started to end when George's General Store closed and was officially over when that little restaurant owned by a Scientologist (the name escapes me just now, New York Georges... ???) closed. It closed when the complex started selling meals to public and drove them out of business, before DM took over in 1986.

Before AOLA and ASHO were moved, the SO kids lived at the Melrose and didn't even go home with their parents at night. They lived in hideous conditions. I was there at the Melrose as a nanny. So was Sneakster. He had just about the only decent nursery, with less than 1/2 the kids of the other nurseries. The building was horribly infested and filthy, with hiding out drills for the health inspection because the nurseries were so overcrowded.

Maybe it was a great time for public people back then, but the Sea Org members had it real rough.
I know I left out some details that might make my story more real to you. I'm still partially anonymous, so forgive me if I don't fill in every little detail, but here are a few.

1. I was involved with church renos from 1988 to 1997.
2. I worked for the SO as hired non-SO.
3. I've had family members in the SO from the 70s, to present.
4. The story about graduation nights on the Excalibur is true. Ask around.
5. My mom was an SO nanny in the late seventies in PAC. Horrible stories about that.

Hopefully those added details help make my recollections more understandable.

JustSheila

Crusader
I know I left out some details that might make my story more real to you. I'm still partially anonymous, so forgive me if I don't fill in every little detail, but here are a few.

1. I was involved with church renos from 1988 to 1997.
2. I worked for the SO as hired non-SO.
3. I've had family members in the SO from the 70s, to present.
4. The story about graduation nights on the Excalibur is true. Ask around.
5. My mom was an SO nanny in the late seventies in PAC. Horrible stories about that.

Hopefully those added details help make my recollections more understandable.
You were hired non-SO. That explains the breaks, thanks. Of course you had breaks, you weren't even on a staff contract. AOLA had a lot of non-SO tech staff in the early 80s, too. I was just shocked to hear your description of renovations at the complex because my memories and those of others who were on the RPF there in the 70s and 80s doing renos are very, very different from yours. You were apparently treated quite differently than the Sea Org RPF doing the renos. I believe you.

I don't question your Excalibur stories, just the time frame.

The staff parties became exceptionally lame in the early 80s. The late 70s Christmas parties even provided good food and beer for staff. They were fun. Big difference after that. I remember because I was newly married and my husband and I were like :wtf:

WOW, your mom was also an SO nanny in PAC. RESPECT. You know, then. :yes:

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe things changed again after I left. I have no idea. I left in 1986 and did all I could to get away from Scientology in every way after that, just to get away from the insanity.

Last edited: