Good video on youtube about how they recruit now...

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
These are the so-called experts on PR Tech. They give out tickets for a free (non-existent) "comedy show" then when people turn up they lock the doors and don't let them leave until they've bought a book.:omg:

This might have been workable tech once upon a time but nowadays we have the internet and the amount of bad PR this generates far outweighs the pathetic book sales they obviously crave.

Keep firing those footbullets you morons.:scnsucks:

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Someone should wrap Gabrielle's video in perky music and create a de-cruitment video. She learned a key element of comedy from the bogus Comedy Show recruitment scam -- audiences identify with truth and dislike being lied to.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
The only way they can get their stat of new people in and books purchased, is to use bait and switch and force. This lady bought a book in order to be able to leave. And the dumb staff was happy to take their "stat"!

A really sick, pathetic "game" is being played. The more the general public is educated about the cult, the more you see this kind of desperation.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
This is by far one of the best first-person accounts by a never-in who was lured in, pressured to join but got out safely! I give her and her friend lots of credit. I suspect there are hundreds or more of such experiences not made into youtube videos for fear of being identified. Hollywood is such a difficult place to work and make your mark.

It's very sad how Scientology preys on those with dreams of a steady career in Hollywood. I spent a number of years at the Celebrity Center there where this incident happened. It was different then, late 70's to mid 80s. There were no audition or shows to lure people in. We couldn't even get Sunday Services going because everyone knew it was a hoax. People came in by word of mouth, which was bad enough. But to see that things have evolved into such deceptive and desperate attempts does not surprise me.

Gabrielle the Guru has done a wonderful thing in sharing what happened. Stating it the way it happened and without embellishment or hostility. Scientology and it's desperate tactics.... you can't make this stuff up

This is a video to be shared. It scares me to think of others getting sucked in.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
I wonder how many people who were on staff that night are still there? The turn over is what amazes me... how many people have been in 5+ years vs less than 5?

That should tell them something - it is an organization on the way down & out NOT up and over.

Run public RUN!

:omg:

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Next phase will be people who will say, "This was supposed to be free. If I'd known it was going to be this, you should be paying me. Look, I'm calling the police right now to get out of here. I'm not buying your damn brainwashing book. Y'all look like a bunch of scary zombies."

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Staff are penalized and rewarded based on a strict stat (statistic) basis and it can come down to whether they work a 100 hour week vs 130 for $30. - $50. In my day it was as little as no pay to $10.00. They are desperate.

It is extremely important to get your contact information as part of a sales transaction so they also get a another name in their Central Files to call and send junk mail to for eternity. Every call and piece of mail is a stat for somebody.

The concept of "Exchange" is drilled into these people. They share a deep conviction that if they let you receive some book or service for free that they are being complicit in letting you become unethical in your relationship with Scientology. This starts a very destructive sequence of events: Having received a benefit for which you are now "out-exchange", you feel guilty, maybe not consciously but deep down on a subconscious level. To rationalize how it was right for you to receive the out-exchange thing you must belittle the Church, the staff and Scientology in your own mind. This takes the form of criticisms such as: "they are weird, they have soulless eyes, they only want money, they tricked me with a bait and switch". This gives you justification to commit crimes against them such as posting negative internet videos or consorting with other critics which in turn requires more rationalization against them and so on. So essentially they not only are saving you from this downward spiraling relationship but they are saving themselves from the guilt of allowing it to happen.

They are also justified in their minds to barricade you from leaving, and conducting heavy divide and conquer sales closing sessions because they consider that you are operating on an instinctive animal level of consciousness until Scientology has raised you to a new spiritual and ethical level where you are capable of appreciating the true value of Scientology. They have a huge responsibility and implied right to save you from your own inner conflict.

I take it as a very good sign that general public awareness compels them to be so duplicitous in their solicitations.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
Wow

Greedy sneaky creeps turning this girl into an instant sp lol

Thanks for instantly generating bad pr idiots

Lol free comedy show where they cry instead of laugh then charge $12 I bet the show was on a Thursday for stats

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is by far one of the best first-person accounts by a never-in who was lured in, pressured to join but got out safely! I give her and her friend lots of credit. I suspect there are hundreds or more of such experiences not made into youtube videos for fear of being identified. Hollywood is such a difficult place to work and make your mark.

It's very sad how Scientology preys on those with dreams of a steady career in Hollywood. I spent a number of years at the Celebrity Center there where this incident happened. It was different then, late 70's to mid 80s. There were no audition or shows to lure people in. We couldn't even get Sunday Services going because everyone knew it was a hoax. People came in by word of mouth, which was bad enough. But to see that things have evolved into such deceptive and desperate attempts does not surprise me.

Gabrielle the Guru has done a wonderful thing in sharing what happened. Stating it the way it happened and without embellishment or hostility. Scientology and it's desperate tactics.... you can't make this stuff up

This is a video to be shared. It scares me to think of others getting sucked in.

If this were a country club Flag would be the Main Dining Hall, Celebrity Center would be The Gold Room and INT would be the Members Only Cigar and Bourbon Room, AO would be the Main Golf Course Restaurant, ASHO would be the Golf Course Cafe, LAO would be the Waffle House by the entrance, and Missions would be Club owned kiosks at the town mall.

This is like getting a free ticket to see a Stand Up Routine in the Club Bar where you might get a glimpse of Tom Cruise but are shunted off to a Timeshare concession tent behind the stands when the tournament is already over.