ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

GPM

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Owen, Oct 23, 2018.

1. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

Good video, thanks @Gib. At ~15:30 she says her best friend joined the Moonies. Believe it or not, that also happened to me. A good friend of mine was in Times Square "witnessing" for Sun Myung Moon at the same time I was on the Comm Course doing TR's. I thought the Moonies were a cult because they dressed like Mormon missionaries and thought Sun Myung Moon was God. At the time, scn seemed normal by comparison.

I saw my Moonie friend years later after I'd gotten out of scn. He didn't see me, but he'd apparently gotten over Sun Myung Moon. He was wearing a suit, carrying a briefcase, and wearing a yarmulke. I got the impression he had become what he was once trying very hard not to become.*

* Edit: Is there some relevance there to the topic of this thread?:questions:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    JustSheila likes this.
  2. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Just looking at that uptone picture of him I can easily conjure up the hideous odors he'd be emitting. :puke2:

3. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Wow, what a strange parallel! Funny stuff. :giggle:

4. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Thanks for the compliment.
    It was a joint achievement. I've never seen anyone try
    so hard at anything. She was a plain dumpy girl, not the brightest tool in the box, and saw Scn as a way to make
    things better for herself. I firmly believe that production
    is a basis for morale and when I met her at St.Hill she
    was clearly very happy and productive, so that this
    experience was good for her. I hope she eventually
    left but I never saw her again.

5. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

TRANSLATION: If you really really really BELIEVE Scientology's tall tales & lies, and really really really WORK HARD at trying to sell Scientology's fraud to other victims, you will live happily ever after.

Nice! I love a theta story like that! Fables & myths are so uptone! Especially the myth-ed withholds they tell each other around the camp fire wall of fire.

6. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm backing Terril in this disputation based on decades of life experience.

Auditing and auditor training are very good things with unique and incomparable benefits for honest diligent students of the subject when they are possessed of fundamental judeochristian good will.

If you insist on walking your dog though Terril Park and continue to be so rude a no to clean up after the mangy mutt does his business I shall surely remain happy to sanitize the charming pathways there found...

7. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Terril, the way you talk, maybe if you try real hard you can beg to go back on staff there.

It was an absolute nightmare for me and the hundreds and hundreds of others who have gone through it and been here on exScn. Yeh, we all started with stars in our eyes, hoping for the best. That soon changed and the whole "production is the basis of morale" became an excuse to make us into slaves working in poverty. We were conned.

But I've about had enough with your wistful pleasantries about how great staff life is. If after all these years you still think it was so great, then that's where you should be. Don't talk BS like that.

8. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

I do sympathize with the problem Scientology true believers have. You truly believe that "Scientology does good things" but can't, in the real world, prove that. Scientology has never proven any of Hubbard's claims, yet those claims are the foundation of all true believer's expectations and loyalty.

True believers desperately grasp and hold onto each and every "win" and ignore every single lack of results. That technique keeps the believers believing.

But "incomparable benefits" isn't accurate. Until someone proves otherwise, I see comparable benefits with the placebo effect : Results can't be predicted, most don't get any benefit, some get "benefits". Nothing is predictable. Nothing is verifiable.

That isn't to say that none of Scientology is useful -- however nothing has been tested and verified under controlled, scientific conditions. All we have is anecdotal "evidence" and all that shows is results that are comparable to the placebo effect.

Why doesn't any Scientology believer arrange, support or participate in any scientific endeavor to prove Hubbard's claims? Hmmmm?

9. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

Hey!

How 'bout them Red Sox hanh?

10. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I have no problem at all with what Sheila posts, we've
    been friends a long time.

Clay Pigeon likes this.
  11. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Why do you think I spent 7 years protesting!

"Yeh, we all started with stars in our eyes, hoping for the best. "

Even here many talk of the good times they had on staff
    We are all very aware of the abuses. I have often said I
    lived a charmed life in that for 25 years I had no abuses.
    Then when I had screwed up C/Sing I walked.

I'm telling what I observed and I knew this girl well. She
    was doing well and happy when I last saw her. This is not
    a recruiting campaign for CO$.

I did say I hoped she had left that cult.

12. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

Can you imagine the hell the world would have become had The Beatles become Scientologists and promoted it during the 60's & 70's?
    So many lives would have gone into the dumpster.
    Almost better to have had their fans follow them into drugs than Scientology.

13. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I don't care that you spent seven years protesting. You keep reminding us about all the protests you've been on on the past, but you were not protesting because you think scientology is an evil cult, you were protesting because you just don't like the way things are run, which is why you still promote your fucking weirdo squirrel scientology group the freakzone here on this message board. If that isn't taking liberties I don't know what is.

Yes, some have mentioned the good times they had on staff, and that was mainly because most people who got involved and joined staff were genuine people doing their bit to make a better world and were nice to be around, not because of scientology itself.

You are a hypocrite Terril. You pretend that you are anti-scientology by calling it a cult when it suits you, but you are nothing of the sort.

Gib and I told you I was trouble like this.
  14. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

Yeah, it can't be made into nothing but miserable memories of having been scammed because there were enough, at least initially, positive enough aspects to get people, who I rarely find to be stupid, to join up and stick in it.
    Turns out Bluebeard Blubbard stole the best of Scientology from people just like you and me who got tricked into joining up, who came up with some sometimes pretty cool "tech" only to have Blubbard steal it from them. So Scientology does have the imprint upon it from some pretty good people, not just Blubbard's prints all over the corpse by any means.
    So my point is that there's no reason to condemn ourselves or each other over it ALL being one giant bummer because it didn't used to feel that way, one upon a time in each of our lives.
    It's why we enjoy each others company enough to stay in touch on a message board, often as total strangers, even if there had been decades of no contact.
    But it seems that people have to go through their own healing process and take as long as they see fit to flush it ALL out of their minds.
    Quite obviously, I don't even know the meaning of the word's rage, regret and shell-shock like someone who gave decades of their lives only to come to and wonder just what the hell one had just been part of.
    I threw it all out of my head initially like most people do only to later come back and pick the peanuts out of the turd, so to speak, and come up with a few healthy reasons to reflect positively on the things that I did learn as a result.
    Even if the only thing I learned was how to spot and avoid cults, that in itself is worth a lot!
    I can say that my cult experience and carry over perspective saved me from becoming a full tithe paying Mormon and marrying the girl that taught me the LDS lessons which would have sentenced me to a heavily burdened life of jumping through LDS hoops very similar to LRH hoops.
    So though it turned into hell there were some lessons learned along the way that results in my being no where near as naive as I had once been.
    That's how I was moved to become a "Conspiracy Analyst".:cool:

phenomanon and strativarius like this.
  15. TomKat

TomKat Patron Meritorious

I get it. Your ability to read about something trumps my experience. Once again, you fail to refute...

16. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Okay Terril.

I guess sometimes you just give a running memory of things you think of as you remember them. You sure confuse me sometimes. :shrug:

Well, thanks for your support above and I still love ya too and I never doubt your heart is and always has been in a very good place. Guess I need a break from this stuff or something. I have something else IRL on my mind and hope I wasn't too hard on you. I consider you a friend and you've been one for a long time and that's how it is even when we disagree or don't understand each other. Peace.

17. TomKat

TomKat Patron Meritorious

You joined the Sea Org OFF THE STREET with no prior Scientology experience. You should be bitter. But your experience does not extend to much beyond the Sea Org, so stop pretending to be an expert on what people didn't and didn't get out of it.

Now look at it from the other side. Actual well-intended Scientologists, trained auditors and high-paying PCs, had to put up with Sea Org petty tyrants who came in off the street or a comm course, threw their weight around and helped Miscavige, the most animalistic of them all, ruin the entire enterprise.

And now here you all are, on ESMB, doing what you always did, trying to bully people who know more into agreeing with you.

18. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Knowing what you now know about scientology, hubbard (regarding his mental condition) and how the enterprise is run (and always was run including prior to miscaviges reign) ... would you recommend it to anyone?

Gib and JustSheila like this.
  19. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I don't know who "you" is that worked with Miscavige, bullied people around, etc., etc., but nobody you are writing to here fits that description.

Nice guess. Nice shot in the dark attack, but a complete miss.

Try again. At least you listened to oh, 2-5 minutes of one video. Short attention span, I guess? What a shame Scientology didn't help you with that or you would know how stupid your shot in the dark attack actually was. :duh:

Buy hey, if you have to make up stories and scenarios about people to have imaginary enemies to feel important, who am I to say it's insane?

20. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Thanks for that therapeutic dose of reality, LOL.

The attack trolls that Scientology regularly sends to the internet are really sad and effete losers. I like the fact that they are so far below average for human beings, while they consider themselves so far advanced and above "homo sap", LOL.

They are "masters of ARC" but they can't communicate and routinely ARC break the living hell out of people they do interact with.

Frauds, all of them.

But they wear a status-ey lapel pin that helps remind them that they are saving the planet by going on the internet and throwing "entheta" at "evil beings".

Pathetic, all of them.

And they have big "wins" when they successfully "enturbulate" people who tell the truth who they label "SPs".

THEY are (in reality) the SPs they are seeking to "shatter" and "destroy"---and by means of diabolical irony---they will actually end up succeeding.

DagwoodGum, phenomanon and Gib like this.