What's new

Grade Chart, Clear and OT

xemnu

Patron with Honors
This deserves a thread of its own.

This reminds me of a passage near the end of Kaufman's book. Both auditor and preclear embrace the roles Hubbard designed for them. The auditor believes he's facilitating the removal of engrams, etc., the preclear dutifully follows the script, believing he's making gains. But in reality, the preclear is merely being finely conditioned to give the auditor exactly what he wants without realizing himself that this is what is actually taking place.

"The growing rapprochement between auditor and preclear -- sitting to front and back of the E-meter, the dispenser of judgments and gifts -- is a tragi-comedy, neither having any idea of what is actually happening, neither aware that the machine is their masturbation toy."

Robert Kaufman, Inside Scientology, p. 190

Wow! I came to that conclusion entirely by myself when thinking back about my Book One auditing. I created a bank to be run in session. And then I thought all Scn is like that. Hubbard found a list of things the mind can create and run and for some it may have some beneficial effect. The state of Clear is a fraud because it's only becoming yourself after Dn and Scn had made you something else.

And now I just realize something else, OT VIII with its EP of "you just are, with no complexity," being the first actual OT levels while the other are pre-OT, etc, is the exact same scam.

Guess what? I made my original goals, I'm Clear after all, without the aberrations Hubbard pretended I had, and OT, free of the personalities infestation I got from reading Hubbard's fratured personae's writings and from trying to figure "What would Ron do?" and trying to emulate humanity's best friend (Hubbard's little joke telling us he's a sly dog?).
I'm myself without any of these complexities.

Terril park

Sponsor

Wow! I came to that conclusion entirely by myself when thinking back about my Book One auditing. I created a bank to be run in session. And then I thought all Scn is like that. Hubbard found a list of things the mind can create and run and for some it may have some beneficial effect. The state of Clear is a fraud because it's only becoming yourself after Dn and Scn had made you something else.

Being able to create is central to Scn.

A comment by Hubbard " Can I turn it on and turn it off". As an effort to explore IMO.

The state of Clear is a fraud because it's only becoming yourself after Dn and Scn had made you something else.

You need to expand on this. Don't make much sense as written.

Nor do I sometimes:)

guanoloco

As-Wased

And now I just realize something else, OT VIII with its EP of "you just are, with no complexity," being the first actual OT levels while the other are pre-OT, etc, is the exact same scam.

Guess what? I made my original goals, I'm Clear after all, without the aberrations Hubbard pretended I had, and OT, free of the personalities infestation I got from reading Hubbard's fratured personae's writings and from trying to figure "What would Ron do?" and trying to emulate humanity's best friend (Hubbard's little joke telling us he's a sly dog?).

Kinda like The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings are the same story. The impossible little hero goes on a fantastical adventure meeting elves and wise wizards and beset by insurmountable evil in a world far, far larger than their simple garden home. They overcome these odds with their own personal courage and wind up in their small way unsettling the powerful evil and restoring a lost king to their throne. End of story.

Gib

Crusader

Here's something I realized a few days ago.

While I did not create a bank for myself by reading dianetics 26 years ago, I created the bank of contagion of aberration. In reading dianetics back then, I could see my sisters acting like my dad in life while growing up.

But, this is what I realized a few days ago as DMSMH is all about psychosomatic ills being 70% for man, in the mind as illness's. Right?

What I realized for the last 26 years and earlier, why I did not have psychosomatic ills. I never had aches and unexplained ills or pains. You know what I mean. I've been really healthy, able to do things body wise quite easily.

Of course I've had colds, a fever here and there, and a few broken bones from falling off my bike & motorcycle. But nothing really.

So, I fell into the gotta go "clear" trap. :duh:

xemnu

Patron with Honors
You need to expand on this. Don't make much sense as written.

Nor do I sometimes:)

I reword it:

The State of Clear only consists of "becoming yourself" after Dn and Scn had made you something else.

In other words you were already yourself before you were exposed to Hubbard's writing or auditing. Hubbard is the aberrating influence. (From some of your stances, I get this might not be quite real for you. My experience in Scn was that I thought I was becoming more myself with it but once I'd been through a withdrawal period, I came back to my old self and realized I had been deluding myself in thinking that Scn made me more myself. It didn't, it turned me into another who thought he was more himself but was actually other. Truth is I hadn't been deluding myself, I had been deluded by Scn into thinking this.)

Hazmat

Patron with Honors
[video=youtube;JTBGAYaTnBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTBGAYaTnBI[/video]

Thank you anon, for this video. I've never seen it, although the grade chart and it's explanation, was the reason I became a committed Scientologist.

As I see it now, Hubbard made numerous errors and such, but he was certainly on the right track.

How with all his resources, particularly at that time, he got so much wrong, IDK.

I mean, for one thing, the video is more about "What is Scientology", than "What is the grade chart".

He should have gone from either the top down, or bottom up, explanation of each stage of awareness, and described the thought, and cognition. He could have done away with all the "rationale".

Nonetheless, it is true, there is a gradient scale of awareness. He got a lot of it wrong, no doubt.

The important thing is to be able to determine what a person is thinking, or what their level of thinking is, and knowing the point above.

THAT, is SCIENTOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Eh, but that's not what's practiced.............SMH............