What's new

GRAHAM BERRY SAYS THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE

Graham Berry

Patron with Honors
I wish to thank all those who have been contributing to my subsistence support these past months. It is truly touching that there are so many generous and caring people of good will who wish to see my own contributions to our cause against Scientology crime and abuse continue by assisting with my financial needs (long gone are the days of financial wants).

In our current “great recession,” when most people are struggling and squirreling, your continued support is even more amazing and encouraging. Without your financial contributions, other support, and even home baked cookies, I would have folded and faded long ago, just as O.S.A. had intended in 1999 with their contrived and legally merit less vexatious litigant petition to a judge whose fiancée was a scientologist working for O.S.A! You will be able to explore a lot more of that in the coming months as we kick our campaign up another few notches.

The Fall offensive is even more significant because these past nine months have been much less productive than I would have wished. In fact, these past three months my work has almost been at a standstill as I contributed my labor to the cleaning and painting of a large part of my landlady’s house. Now the disruptions and distractions of the last nine months are behind me. Last week I finished painting four rooms in a row and I have returned to the Scientology battle front (with my “E.P.F. and Renos assignments” completed <gr>). Indeed, this weekend I was out picketing with the visiting Hombre and other Anons. I shall also be on another brief foreign assignment again during the next month. More on that after I get there.

Although the tide of battle has now turned in favor of the critics we still face even greater struggles ahead. Scientology is replenishing its war chest in preparation for a major push back. Recently, one Hollywood celebrity promised the International Association of Scientologists a $10 million donation towards “smashing the SPs and Anonymous.” Former members and fence sitters are being pressured to return and resume their Bridge and payments. In fact, one ex-member received a serious of “please come back” phone calls before finally saying, “I’m finally out of your cult. Why would I return?” Half an hour Scientology called back, “You’ve been declared an SP [Suppressive Person].” The former member responded, “Thank you. Now I have joined an elite group.”

If we can keep our fight going through the summer and the launch of the Fall offensive, this fight could be over before the next U.S. Presidential election. The Scientology scam is now surviving through fraud, those on courses in Clearwater (Flag) and at the Celebrity Centers, and those funding its front groups, particularly W.I.S.E., Narconon and ABLE. Scientology continues to desperately and deceptively recruit through other front groups such as “Artists for a Better World” and seemingly unrelated businesses such as the Beverly Hills Playhouse. However, Scientology is already a skeleton of its former self. The numbers of angry former Narconon patients wanting to sue Narconon are exploding. Former Scientologists are lining up with refund claims against Scientology entities. The International Association of Scientologists is being accused of fraudulent fund raising.

Although the scourge of Scientology is tottering, like a lassoed Star Wars Imperial Walker, it has not yet fallen. The front groups, crimes and abuses are Scientology’s Achilles heel. The cult has shrunk to a dedicated, deluded and desperate core supported by a bewildered and plundered public. The Scientology ship is beached and we will win this war if we stand together against the common foe, each contributing what we are able, whether expertise, time, blood, sweat, tears or money. Each of us does each of us can, masked or unmasked, as our own abilities and circumstances permit or require. We are all ages, all talents and all people. We are all equal and mutually interdependent. Our most potent weapons are our knowledge and information, and we believe that both knowledge and information should be both free and freely available. The number of active Scientology critics now exceeds the number of active Scientologists. We can win this contest of good against evil provided we stand together and renew our efforts and commitments.

The four days that I spent in Russia last month included invaluable conversations with people I already knew from law enforcement in France, Germany, Belgium and elsewhere. Now the Russian Ministry of Justice has also been educated on the Scientology psycho-terror threat. We are all agreed that a new inter-government initiative must be opened up against the cult and its Washington D.C. shills and stooges.

It would not be smart to share any more information or plans in this open forum. Suffice it to say we need more money and active assistance: on the streets, in the public arena, behind the scenes, on the Internet, etc. Without sacrificing the essential strengths of the Anonymous concept and structure we need a little more co-ordination, co-operation and contribution. We need to breathe fresh life and numbers into some of our global protests but we also need small teams working with other tools on other less overt projects. There is an orchid of projects and ideas for the hive to pollinate.

In this manner David Miscavige will face ‘wog’ justice and he will go to a ‘wog’ prison. His senior deputies (past and present) can choose to either join him there or they can do the right thing by joining us and testifying as part of a plea bargain and immunity deal. However, their time to move and repent is rapidly running out. In that regard, it truly shocks the conscience that several former senior Miscavige deputies should refuse to willingly reverse the damage they helped do to so many people, including Keith Henson, the Lisa McPherson Estate, Bob Minton and myself. All it would take is one comprehensive affidavit from each of them but they have refused to lift a finger to do so. Accordingly, hard measures and harsh results are now required. Their current explanation of “we were all victims of Miscavige and I was just following his orders” is not available in either a court of law or the court of public opinion. Their idea that they can just escape O.S.A. and drive away from the consequences of their past unlawful conduct is neither realistic nor responsible. Rathbun and Rinder’s statements to the St. Petersburg Times are an important first step in support of Marc Headley and other former scientologists. However, they also have a liability and responsibility for using blackmail, bribery, perjury and corruption to deliberately destroy the lives and livelihoods of a number of non-Scientology litigants and their lawyers.

According to today’s St.Petersburg Times report (The Truth Rundown, Part One, June 21, 2009) “two Washington lawyers [Gerry Feffer and his wife Monique Yingling ?] visited Rinder and reminded him that the “attorney-client privilege did not end when he left the church.” However, California Evidence Code section 956 expressly provides “There is no privilege … if the services of the lawyer were sought or obtained to enable or aid anyone to commit a crime or fraud.” Scientology’s Zolin case is instructive in this regard.

For the moment I am continuing to refer new civil cases to other counsel. O.S.A. wants me in the civil court room where they can try to overwhelm me with paper and expense and so confine me within that limited battle zone. Accordingly, I am returning to the broader governmental, inter-governmental and international vehicles that can provide Anonymous more immediate and effective great justice for the victims of Scientology and its senior officials (past and present). Of course I am continuing with the various short misdemeanor defenses that the cult’s antics regularly require, and with my own writing projects.

During 36 years of legal practice I have never been good at requesting money for professional services and assistance. I prefer to work pro bono or to charge as little as possible. I joined a profession even though it has become a business where it is not unusual for lawyers and former judges to charge between $400 and $800 per hour for their time! However, the reality is that I suddenly have a much larger monthly expense and so I depend even more upon your regular generosity and favor. Money orders, Western Union grams (with ‘money transfer control number’ and name/place of sender), gift cards (Staples, Costco, Ralphs, Visa, etc.) are all very gratefully accepted.

Once again, thank you to all those who have been generously assisting with our work. This weekend I was able to drive to the Friday night picket, and to eat through the next week, through the generosity of a $50.00 Costco card from MM. I eat a lot of canned tuna and spaghetti with tomato sauce!

Keep up the good fight and let’s get this battle finished. We can do it.

Sincerely and with humble thanks,

Graham E. Berry
3384 McLaughlin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90066

(310) 745-3771 (Landline)
(310) 902-6381 (Cell)
[email protected]

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Graham

Good to hear you are back :thumbsup:
it must nice to take a break from the CofS ....

locally in South Australia, one of our (independent) senetors has spoken out against the criminal activities of CofS, so lots of :kangaroo: have spoken to Nick

>>I eat a lot of canned tuna and spaghetti with tomato sauce!
Keep up the good fight and let’s get this battle finished. We can do it.

at least you don't have to eat beans and rice :roflmao:

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>

Although the scourge of Scientology is tottering, like a lassoed Star Wars Imperial Walker, it has not yet fallen. The front groups, crimes and abuses are Scientology’s Achilles heel. The cult has shrunk to a dedicated, deluded and desperate core supported by a bewildered and plundered public. The Scientology ship is beached and we will win this war if we stand together against the common foe, each contributing what we are able, whether expertise, time, blood, sweat, tears or money. Each of us does each of us can, masked or unmasked, as our own abilities and circumstances permit or require. We are all ages, all talents and all people. We are all equal and mutually interdependent. Our most potent weapons are our knowledge and information, and we believe that both knowledge and information should be both free and freely available. The number of active Scientology critics now exceeds the number of active Scientologists. We can win this contest of good against evil provided we stand together and renew our efforts and commitments.

The four days that I spent in Russia last month included invaluable conversations with people I already knew from law enforcement in France, Germany, Belgium and elsewhere. Now the Russian Ministry of Justice has also been educated on the Scientology psycho-terror threat. We are all agreed that a new inter-government initiative must be opened up against the cult and its Washington D.C. shills and stooges.

It would not be smart to share any more information or plans in this open forum. Suffice it to say we need more money and active assistance: on the streets, in the public arena, behind the scenes, on the Internet, etc. Without sacrificing the essential strengths of the Anonymous concept and structure we need a little more co-ordination, co-operation and contribution. We need to breathe fresh life and numbers into some of our global protests but we also need small teams working with other tools on other less overt projects. There is an orchid of projects and ideas for the hive to pollinate.
Thanks for what you have briefed us on, and hear, hear! :thumbsup:

In this manner David Miscavige will face ‘wog’ justice and he will go to a ‘wog’ prison. His senior deputies (past and present) can choose to either join him there or they can do the right thing by joining us and testifying as part of a plea bargain and immunity deal. However, their time to move and repent is rapidly running out. In that regard, it truly shocks the conscience that several former senior Miscavige deputies should refuse to willingly reverse the damage they helped do to so many people, including Keith Henson, the Lisa McPherson Estate, Bob Minton and myself. All it would take is one comprehensive affidavit from each of them but they have refused to lift a finger to do so. Accordingly, hard measures and harsh results are now required. Their current explanation of “we were all victims of Miscavige and I was just following his orders” is not available in either a court of law or the court of public opinion. Their idea that they can just escape O.S.A. and drive away from the consequences of their past unlawful conduct is neither realistic nor responsible. Rathbun and Rinder’s statements to the St. Petersburg Times are an important first step in support of Marc Headley and other former scientologists. However, they also have a liability and responsibility for using blackmail, bribery, perjury and corruption to deliberately destroy the lives and livelihoods of a number of non-Scientology litigants and their lawyers.

According to today’s St.Petersburg Times report (The Truth Rundown, Part One, June 21, 2009) “two Washington lawyers [Gerry Feffer and his wife Monique Yingling ?] visited Rinder and reminded him that the “attorney-client privilege did not end when he left the church.” However, California Evidence Code section 956 expressly provides “There is no privilege … if the services of the lawyer were sought or obtained to enable or aid anyone to commit a crime or fraud.” Scientology’s Zolin case is instructive in this regard.
It's good to hear that there is no "privilege" - Sad to hear that so many who "should", won't step up and help make some of the wrongs right, with the knowledge they have.

For the moment I am continuing to refer new civil cases to other counsel. O.S.A. wants me in the civil court room where they can try to overwhelm me with paper and expense and so confine me within that limited battle zone. Accordingly, I am returning to the broader governmental, inter-governmental and international vehicles that can provide Anonymous more immediate and effective great justice for the victims of Scientology and its senior officials (past and present). Of course I am continuing with the various short misdemeanor defenses that the cult’s antics regularly require, and with my own writing projects.

During 36 years of legal practice I have never been good at requesting money for professional services and assistance. I prefer to work pro bono or to charge as little as possible. I joined a profession even though it has become a business where it is not unusual for lawyers and former judges to charge between $400 and $800 per hour for their time! However, the reality is that I suddenly have a much larger monthly expense and so I depend even more upon your regular generosity and favor. Money orders, Western Union grams (with ‘money transfer control number’ and name/place of sender), gift cards (Staples, Costco, Ralphs, Visa, etc.) are all very gratefully accepted.
There are many of us here in the Southern Hemi, who are aware of only some of what you do and are very grateful for it. We'd be happy to help out, but we probably need to work out a method for those of us in ANZO to facilitate payment, otherwise it can be a costly exercise.

Good on you for what you do, Graham, and thanks for filling us in. :)

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can never thank you enough Graham

Carmel, I have sent around a $1000 half way around the globe for under $20 by going to a WU office, (online or by phone cost more for some reason)and it was there in minutes(probably seconds) via Western Union of which there are 1000's of outlets in the LA area.

Carmel

Crusader
I can never thank you enough Graham

Carmel, I have sent around a $1000 half way around the globe for under $20 by going to a WU office, (online or by phone cost more for some reason)and it was there in minutes(probably seconds) via Western Union of which there are 1000's of outlets in the LA area.

That'd be hunky dory if we were in the LA area, but we are not.

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
Sorry I do not [have a PayPal account]. Moxon would try to grab it!
Do you think (scientology's attorney) Moxon would try to grab your PayPal account using the legal system, or would it somehow happen illicitly?

Last edited:

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Thank you Graham

Dear Graham

Thank you for your comprehensive post.
We in Christchurch NZ are actively bringing people's awareness up with regards to the front groups operating here. One such group is the Youth for Human Rights - run by a scn dr. Not a mention that it has links to the cofs, but google the good dr's name and you will find her scn page.

We are doing our bit too, and I hope you might have had time to listen to this excellent radio broadcast which was on National Radio.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/20081218

Mike Ferriss (secretary of cofs NZ) was made to sound like a blabbering idiot, and did no favours for the cofs in NZ. Lots of people heard it and have commented and congratulated us. Of course there has been the obligatory fair-gaming attempts, some of which breach legality, and Mike Ferriss now has his name on police file for harrassing and lewd behaviour as a result of his behaviour at one of our protests.

It's all going down big-time, and NZ is certainly part of it all.

Love to you from Aotearoa

Genny

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Sorry I do not. Moxon would try to grab it!

What if someone in LA, say, opened a PayPal account in their name on the understanding that money sent to it would be converted to Costco Gift Cards (etc.) and those sent on to you? Is that feasible? If someone is sending you $250 then the Western Union fee isn't so significant. If someone wants to send you $10 from overseas, then some means with low overheads are needed, and PayPal is certainly low overhead.

Paul

What if someone in LA, say, opened a PayPal account in their name on the understanding that money sent to it would be converted to Costco Gift Cards (etc.) and those sent on to you? Is that feasible? If someone is sending you $250 then the Western Union fee isn't so significant. If someone wants to send you $10 from overseas, then some means with low overheads are needed, and PayPal is certainly low overhead.

Paul

Paul that is exactly what I was thinking, what if we just send it to a third person account set up by a friend of Graham's. It would be none of Moxon's business if I sent a few dollars here and there to one of Craham's friend's paypal accounts.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Paul that is exactly what I was thinking, what if we just send it to a third person account set up by a friend of Graham's. It would be none of Moxon's business if I sent a few dollars here and there to one of Craham's friend's paypal accounts.

It would have to be open, merely because people would have to know the details in order to contribute. That's why I enquired about its feasibility. I don't mean the mechanics of opening a PayPal account as I have used one for years. I mean how possible would it be for Moxon to grab an account in another's name but openly used to support Graham.

Paul

It would have to be open, merely because people would have to know the details in order to contribute. That's why I enquired about its feasibility. I don't mean the mechanics of opening a PayPal account as I have used one for years. I mean how possible would it be for Moxon to grab an account in another's name but openly used to support Graham.

Paul

I don't pretend to be a lawyer in real life or play one on the internet, but I can't see any judge seriously considering freezing a person's paypal account because there are a few messages on the internet suggesting that the person in question might have given Graham a few dollars of their own personal money to buy a couple cans of tuna fish and spaghetti sauce

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
I too would love to contribute, whether by cash or a Costco card that I can pop in the mail to you.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I too would love to contribute, whether by cash or a Costco card that I can pop in the mail to you.

I can't afford it - but I am sending a contribution anyways! Same questions as Skollie: Would a CostCo gift card sent to your address help???

HolyCow

Patron with Honors
Thanks for info, Graham. I'm working on it. Hope this thread gets bumped back up to the top for those who now how to do that.

So much going on with St Pete Times, hope more will see this. :p

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
I've sent you a gift card - please use it to have some decent meals that include veggies and fruit!

Money orders, Western Union grams (with ‘money transfer control number’ and name/place of sender), gift cards (Staples, Costco, Ralphs, Visa, etc.) are all very gratefully accepted.

Once again, thank you to all those who have been generously assisting with our work. This weekend I was able to drive to the Friday night picket, and to eat through the next week, through the generosity of a $50.00 Costco card from MM. I eat a lot of canned tuna and spaghetti with tomato sauce!