What's new

Grant Cardone, and status of Guardians Office

I'm new here and I hope this is the right place to post these questions:

1) I read that Marty Rathbun says that Grant Cardone made his riches by hanging around Celebrity Centre in Hollywood and getting on the lines of major celebs. I've been trying to find a definite history of Cardone's activities in Scientology, how he started, why he got in, and how he was able to get the comm lines in Scientology to become as rich as he has become, and if how he became big is line with policy. Because if Marty is right, then that would really be totally off policy for the Church to allow that, would it not? I guess it was in the 90's.

2) I'd been reading about the Guardians Office, but one thing I find confusing is back then you have the Sea Org and you also have the Guardians Office. Both are running the Church. But the Guardians Office is it's own org, not a branch of Sea Org? So members of GO were just like regular org staff, they had day jobs and didn't wear uniforms and totally separate from the SO? And I would assume that the GO actually ran international management, and the SO was just auditors and LRH tech assistants?

Sorry if the questions are too long. Cheers!

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

1) I read that Marty Rathbun says that Grant Cardone made his riches by hanging around Celebrity Centre in Hollywood and getting on the lines of major celebs. I've been trying to find a definite history of Cardone's activities in Scientology, how he started, why he got in, and how he was able to get the comm lines in Scientology to become as rich as he has become, and if how he became big is line with policy. Because if Marty is right, then that would really be totally off policy for the Church to allow that, would it not? I guess it was in the 90's.

2) I'd been reading about the Guardians Office, but one thing I find confusing is back then you have the Sea Org and you also have the Guardians Office. Both are running the Church. But the Guardians Office is it's own org, not a branch of Sea Org? So members of GO were just like regular org staff, they had day jobs and didn't wear uniforms and totally separate from the SO? And I would assume that the GO actually ran international management, and the SO was just auditors and LRH tech assistants?

Welcome Frasersworld.

I'd like to understand what the GO were too. Some seemed to be SO members and some didn't. They certainly thought they were important, especially Jane Kember strolling around saint hill with flunkeys following her. They looked like they should have been waving ostrich feather fans at her and had forgotten them. I'm sure I saw someone holding her ashtray. They certainly dressed smarter than the rest of staff.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron

The Sea Org ran the orgs and AOs through what were known as FOLOs (and CLOs before that, and again now) -- Flag Operations Liaison Offices. SO members sometimes went on "garrison missions" to orgs, i.e. they held posts in orgs while remaining in the SO. In ANZO at least, SO members held many key positions in Sydney Day and Fdn orgs which were in the same city. At the FOLO there were SO members who were internal (such as nannies, Qual Secs, people who ran Estates, comms people, etc.) and some who were external -- usually the CO, who ran the orgs, plus the Flag Rep, the LRH Comm, the Flag Banking Officer, the Programs Officer(s) and the Assistant Commodore's Staff Aides for each division. In continents where there were Advanced Orgs, the SO staffed those orgs and also the Publications Orgs.

In my day (70s and 80s, before the crash of the GO) the GO was an entirely separate organisation. Where the FOLO CO reported up to Flag, the Assistant GO on each continent reported to the Guardian WW, who at the time was Jane Kember. In ANZO some senior GO staff regularly visited the FOLO for coordination and info sharing purposes but generally the SO and GO had nothing much to do with each other except for some aspects of org business (eg legal, PR). This all came to an end at the time of big crash in the early 80s when these things happened within a few months of each other: David Miscavige came into power, RTC and ASI were established, the CMO was beefed up, Mary Sue Hubbard and Jane Kember and others faced criminal charges. The GO was then disbanded.

Most GO staff worked full time but had homes to go to (if they could afford them, i.e. they too moonlighted out of hours doing cleaning and whatnot) and they didn't wear uniforms. In ANZO they clearly believed themselves to be superior to the SO. They probably were. They had a lot of volunteers to spy for them.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Frasersworld.

They certainly thought they were important, especially Jane Kember strolling around saint hill with flunkeys following her. They looked like they should have been waving ostrich feather fans at her and had forgotten them. I'm sure I saw someone holding her ashtray. They certainly dressed smarter than the rest of staff.

Yep, they did think they were important. It may have been at the time that their entry requirements were more stringent than for the SO. But then Scn deals in hierarchies and they like exclusivity.

In ANZO, the GO staff were about as ragged as org staff. Well, maybe not ragged, but not real chic and stylish either. Just ordinary.

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
Welcome, frasersworld. How about letting us know a little about yourself, if you would be willing to do that.

c-orgy

Patron with Honors
Grant Cardone (The Reach-around King) was wealthy before he came to Scn. He paid for cash for his grades and stayed in style at the Manor Hotel (Celebrity Centre) while he was doing them. He was living in LaJolla, CA at the time he started Scn.

Think he owns apartment bldgs in Tucson, AZ, in addition to his high-pressure- sales -techniques- for- car- dealers empire.

Juicy rumor from someone else, who theoretically could have seen his pc files: he sold coke in Fla.in the late '80's -90's.

The amount of cash he has gets him into a certain circle of Scn "Celebs", but he is not "hanging with TC".

His wife, Elena (Lyons) Cardone, did a few episodes of 'Saved By the Bell" before she joined Scn and started spending all her time going up the bridge, but she is probably most famous for her affair with the now deceased septagenarian Scn acting guru - Milton Katselas.

Random guy

Patron with Honors
As far as I know, Grant Cardone is really only a glorified used cars salesman, the kind of guy who earn that little extra by talking fast and keeping you off balance. He appears to be really, really good at it.

Note: Grant Cardone is probably the last person you want to buy a used car from. Between the two of you, you'll end up second best.

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
The Sea Org ran the orgs and AOs through what were known as FOLOs (and CLOs before that, and again now) -- Flag Operations Liaison Offices. SO members sometimes went on "garrison missions" to orgs, i.e. they held posts in orgs while remaining in the SO. In ANZO at least, SO members held many key positions in Sydney Day and Fdn orgs which were in the same city. At the FOLO there were SO members who were internal (such as nannies, Qual Secs, people who ran Estates, comms people, etc.) and some who were external -- usually the CO, who ran the orgs, plus the Flag Rep, the LRH Comm, the Flag Banking Officer, the Programs Officer(s) and the Assistant Commodore's Staff Aides for each division. In continents where there were Advanced Orgs, the SO staffed those orgs and also the Publications Orgs.

In my day (70s and 80s, before the crash of the GO) the GO was an entirely separate organisation. Where the FOLO CO reported up to Flag, the Assistant GO on each continent reported to the Guardian WW, who at the time was Jane Kember. In ANZO some senior GO staff regularly visited the FOLO for coordination and info sharing purposes but generally the SO and GO had nothing much to do with each other except for some aspects of org business (eg legal, PR). This all came to an end at the time of big crash in the early 80s when these things happened within a few months of each other: David Miscavige came into power, RTC and ASI were established, the CMO was beefed up, Mary Sue Hubbard and Jane Kember and others faced criminal charges. The GO was then disbanded.

Most GO staff worked full time but had homes to go to (if they could afford them, i.e. they too moonlighted out of hours doing cleaning and whatnot) and they didn't wear uniforms. In ANZO they clearly believed themselves to be superior to the SO. They probably were. They had a lot of volunteers to spy for them.

^^^^^What he said^^^^^

Above both the GO and SO then was L Ron Hubbard. And at the top of the SO was eventually the CMO.

On many things the GO and the CMO were in effect a "check and balance" for and against each other. For example, someone high up in the SO might funnel money to Hubbard. The GO might step in and control it.

Miscavige took over the GO in 1981 only by first convincing them that it was Hubbard who wanted it done. The GO was not afraid of Miscavige then even though it was weakened by some of its top leaders having to be off trying to defend themselves from legal charges that were brought after the FBI raided two of their US offices in 1977.

Once Miscavige convinced the GO to stand down, the CMO took over everything and the last check and balance over corporate Scientology and directly under Hubbard was gone.

xguardian

Patron with Honors
Grant Cardone made his money in Auto Sales and Training Dealerships in Seminars and video courses that became the # 1 in the country. One day Training Seminar could net him $50,000-$100,000 per "Show"...He probably peaked out as a salesman at $400,000 a year before he hooked up with C.C. where he got the contacts to package it all and produce his sales training video empire. Essentially, he contracted with dealerships to not only train salespeople, but finance & insurance, aftermarket products etc...and got a % of all increases in profit, which with thousands of dealerships in his pgm, made tens of millions. I got out of the business (sales training) two years ago and he was still top dog. Can't say what he was doing in GO as I got:coolwink: out in 77.

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious

Could probably get a good idea of the organization and functioning of these groups by doing a quick study of the Third Reich.

Gus

Patron with Honors
Grant Cardone is a douchebag. :puke: Some Scilon posted a video of him where he's bestowing his Great Wisdom upon us regarding Sears. Why Sears is doing poorly, or some such. I was curious, so I had a look.

So he has some guy with a camera follow him into Sears while he tries to buy a lawn mower. He doesn't get any service.

Well No Shit. It's Sears. But he goes on and on about what an expert he is and how his brilliant powers of observation revealed Sears is doing poorly because nobody offers to help you when you walk into the store. The typical over-simplication of the Scientologist. Said of the murderer: "Oh, he just needs his withholds pulled." Said of the corporation on the downturn: "Oh, they just need to improve customer service." Stupid.

I was like, you need Grant Fucking Cardone to tell you that Sears isn't Neiman Marcus? Perhaps he'd like to see pushy salesmen crush-regging people into buying a lawn mower they don't need and that doesn't work. That seems to be his area of expertise.

Cardone just came off as a total douchbag to me. And no way I'd ever buy anything from that guy.

Gus.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Was thinking about Grant Cardone today (Hi, Grant!) and thought I'd go googling and learn what he's up to.

What's he's apparently up to these days is damn near nothing. Except that he's been busy cleansing the Internet of all evidence that he is associated intimately with the Church of Scientology.

For instance, his Wikipedia entry (see Edit and View History) has been sanitized to the point that his inflated ego has been cut down to size. Clearly, he's struggling to de-cultify his public image.

Gee, I wonder if his $17 million McMansion has been foreclosed on yet?

Inquiring minds want to know.

TG1

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Frasersworld,

I think I know who you are. I hope you and all around you make it out of the Church! You've given a lot of time and money to the Church, find some time to give yourself some of that time and money.

Best wishes!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Grant_Cardone_Gold-e1470949163529.jpg

Grant Cardone "assumed" the Scientology VALENCE...and that is how he became what he is - A "died in the wool" SCIENTOLOGIST

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Was thinking about Grant Cardone today (Hi, Grant!) and thought I'd go googling and learn what he's up to.

What's he's apparently up to these days is damn near nothing. Except that he's been busy cleansing the Internet of all evidence that he is associated intimately with the Church of Scientology.

For instance, his Wikipedia entry (see Edit and View History) has been sanitized to the point that his inflated ego has been cut down to size. Clearly, he's struggling to de-cultify his public image.

Gee, I wonder if his $17 million McMansion has been foreclosed on yet?

Inquiring minds want to know.

TG1

Well, lets "do something about that" - "Grant Cardone has been busy cleansing the Internet of all evidence that he is associated intimately with the Church of Scientology"

Let the World know about Grant Cardone and his very deep affiliation with the Church of Scientology

Post this everywhere.

Grant_Cardone_Gold-e1470949163529.jpg

Make them confront Scientology by letting everyone they know - know.

Much Love - Knows...:coolwink::wink2::biggrin: