What's new

Greenfields School: it's not looking good for Scientology

johnAnchovie

Still raging
I should write a book about the truth at Greenfields but wouldnt waste my time.

I actually wish YOU would! It would send shock waves through the cult community in EG, most of the kids there went through that system and many would appreciate a critical look at how things went down there.

stc

Patron with Honors
Can anyone talk more about the inferiority complex that martina Douglas may have had, or what being an illegal per-clear is about.

British Mom

Patron with Honors
Can anyone talk more about the inferiority complex that martina Douglas may have had, or what being an illegal per-clear is about.

I was an illegal PC when I first started in Scientology, I had to do a programme, made me feel very degraded. ( I had seen a Psyche 2 yrs before I came into Scientology). I did the programme & then I did alot of work in the field, people began to look up to me. I managed to get up to OT 111 & did alot of training, up to Class 6 Auditor & C/S.

I was told by the Senior C/S that I should do OT 4, so I got the money for the action, had the elibility for OT4 & wooooo woooo was told I was an illegal PC again, this completely invalidated all what I had done, so basically I invalidated it too, ask for my money back & then got declared. Thank God, they did me the biggest favor ever, put me in enermy & low & behold I became one.

RogerB

Crusader
Ya, Brit Mom, they do create their own enemies . . . and then wonder why they are so ridiculed and despised! :duh::duh:

They have and practice a millions ways of violating Hubbard's bullshit line of "maintaining friendly relationships" . . . . I say bullshit line because it sure as hell is what he personally violated on a constant basis.

R

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I remember you British mom I am glad you are out :)

An ex pupil x

:welcome: newbie, Dev Tea~ hope ya hang around a bit and take time to introduce yourself in the 'New Members' section :cheers:

And oooo, stories! An ex-pupil ya say? What can you tell us about your experiences? :drama:

dev tea

Hail Erris
Hello. I don't want to reveal too much about myself except to day I'm a long term lurker and I'm sure you understand :)

The great thing about the school is that it taught me I should have nothing to do with scn . It demonstrated all the outpoints the cos has without being part of the full madness. Following stupid Tech, fake pr , no empathy, the lot.

Too many of my friends ended up in the so and too many are still there :(

I may write some tales up but most will pinpoint who I am so I will be careful!

British Mom

Patron with Honors
Hi Dev Tea, Nice to have you on board. Yes I remember alot of children ended up in the Sea Org. Did you know Mandy Talbot? she hasnt spoken to me or family for 12 years now, she's in LA, hopefully, they may have moved her somewhere else, dont know.

When I was on the fence, so to speak, I remember a girl who wanted to join the SO, I tried everything to get her not too, dont think she joined in the end.

Some stories would be great about Greenfields, I'm sure I would remember.

Welcome to ESMB :thumbsup:

dev tea

Hail Erris
Yes I remember Mandy, as a teenage boy it was would have been hard not to :) I can't say I knew her that well. So sad she is still in the sea org, fingers crossed it wont even exist in twelve years time!

I knew mcQuade was up to no good (unlike the other one) but I still can't believe he had relationships with 3 of his pupils. How the hell did he have the front to do that? (OK I know that's what TRs are really for). I had a relationship with an ex pupil of mine once, she was ten years older than me and we got together nearly a year after she left college, that felt slightly wrong to me!

I can't say I didn't like him, like most of the teachers, he was quite pleasant most of the time. But push those SCN buttons and he turned into a right little ronbot . But that was the thing about gf, most of the time it was ok but total insanity underpinned everything.
As it happens I did go on to make a success of myself and have had a good education since leaving school and have a great job in the top mgmt of an amazing company. But I still think of the wasted lives of my school friends as gf was a lot more damaging to them :(

British Mom

Patron with Honors
Thanks for your reply, yes its sad about Mandy, she loved her family, so I know its not her choice, her Dad died in 2008. I went to LA to see her, but OSA wouldnt let that happen. Unfortunetly, in LA they do have power (money power), it would have been easier to get to her in EG, but Miscavage moved her to LA :angry: I have learnt to live with it now.

But I pray that Scientology gets toally destroyed.

So pleased that you did & are doing well, my other daughter has done well too. As for McQuade, well, what can I say. I dont know how he did it, he seemed to control Mandy, she left him & joined to SO to get away.

As for GF you are totally right, it was OK then insane. To me it was insane most of the time.

Anyways, you take care & have a great life without the Cult. Nice to talk to you.

Susan.

RBMM

Patron
Article - Boarding school in England funnels students into Scientology’s sect

July 12, 2012

"Former students at Greenfields told the Standard that each year, as many as 10 students disappear, from their normal educational track and are rumored to have been sent to the United States to enroll at Sea Organization, the religious order of the Church of Scientology. Sea Org, which boasts about 6,000 members, is housed in a compound near Los Angeles and devotees purportedly wear Naval-style uniforms."

image.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-scientology-secretive-sect-article-1.1112468

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
The "total destruction" of Scientology as a whole may take a while yet, but a lot of its UK institutions are already teetering. Basically, they're husks; in most cases the building still exists and there are a couple of guys who come in and turn the lights on, but there are no services being delivered and no sales being made. Look closely, and you find that they've failed completely. Greenfields is much the same as one of the deserted orgs -- flat broke, zero morale and no ideas for fixing it. When the school that serves the Saint Hill Manor community is ailing, it's clear that Saint Hill itself is also deathly quiet.

Watch and enjoy... Scientology in the UK is going out of business. David Miscavige doesn't even know, because nobody on his lines dares to give him accurate reports.

dev tea

Hail Erris
Re: Article - Boarding school in England funnels students into Scientology’s sect

"Former students at Greenfields told the Standard that each year, as many as 10 students disappear, from their normal educational track and are rumored to have been sent to the United States to enroll at Sea Organization, the religious order of the Church of Scientology. Sea Org, which boasts about 6,000 members, is housed in a compound near Los Angeles and devotees purportedly wear Naval-style uniforms."

I picked the Evening Standard up on the train home as usual (it's a dreadful paper for those of you who don't know). I was very surprised to see a pic of Greenfields within! Bit of lazy journalism, didn't really explain anything but good to see that the school is being discussed in the open :) How on earth did they contact recent pupils who would talk tho????

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle...o-join-scientologys-secret-elite-7935866.html

Last edited:

Student 101

Here I am another ex greenfieldian lurker person. What I love about Greenfields is how little it has changed in 31 years. The bold consistency in its approach will - as others have suggested - be its downfall.

I had the joy of attending Greenfields in various forms. It was fantastic at recruiting children like myself into the Sea Org ("SO"). I would encourage parents to send their children there if that is the future they envisage for them. No other school in the country shares its success in getting such a high percentage into the SO. Well done.

If parents value quality teaching, a quality education within a rounded, grounded environment representing the real world, then Greenfields should not be the school of choice for their children.

Academically your children will have a better future in almost any other schoold in the country picked at random. They will also probably be safer. A simple academic qualification (e.g. a GSCE) is just a stepping stone to wider opportunities. When it is taken away - by poor teaching and poor academic results - choices become limited. It is no wonder the SO looks so attractive so early on. Greenfield's academic achievements are dire. Schools in some of the most run down boroughs in Britain with sky high unemployment have better adacemic results.

As a Scientologist (present or former) you should love statistics. They are fantastic fun. But... How has no Scientologist stopped to think about Greenfields' academic results? One bad year is just a bad year for sure. 31 bad years says something more statistically significant... One may be able to deduce (maybe) that applying LRH study tech to school children, for 31 consecutive years, has only achieved below average academic success compared with other schools. Fun fact. Apply that fact to a child that may be at the school from age 2 to 19 you really would think something would click along the way...

There are many memories of Greenfields that honestly make me physically sick - in hindsight I cannot believe parents (and teachers) have turned a blind eye to the numerous misgivings for so many years. At any "normal" school parents would probably have had a (epileptic?) fit if they knew their child might need to physically carry out their "fully qualified teacher" on any given day... traumatic times for pupils indeed. Carpet + sweeper...

I just hope Greenfields gets closed down as partial justice for all the students that suffered there in the various eras between 1981 and today.

Following earlier posts, I still remember the day the lovely German teacher was found hanged - very very sad indeed particularly given my relationship with her and her family. Looking at the circumstances objectively I wonder whether anybody could simply answer...

a) was the teacher ridiculed at school by her pupils (for her German accent, neurotic screaming at students etc - would she literally break down in front of the students in class, head in hands, ranting? Was this neurotic behaviour when she was first labelled a "PTS"? Which she was getting auditing for?
b) Was she hit by a lorry mirror quite badly shortly before she committed suicide? Was it bad enough that she went into hospital? Was she unconscious?
c) Was she then labelled PTS by the org and anybody that knew her (i.e. "stay away")? Was the lorry incident seen by everybody as the final "proof" she was completely PTS? And wasn't it was also a "tipping point"? Through isolation?
d) Can anybody validate the time she was deemed an "illegal PC"? An easy smokescreen? Given she was getting auditing? Where was she on the bridge again?

Sympathy, empathy etc. on the matter? Non existent? In fact, can anybody substantiate whether her children were actually back in school two days after the horrific incident?

Are all these actually questions?

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Good to hear from you.

Yes, Greenfields hasn't changed in 31 years... and that's because LRH constructed Scientology to be unchangeable, once he ("source") died. In the culture of fear that exists nowadays, in Greenfields and elsewhere in the Scientology cult, few people dare to show any sort of initiative... which is another reason why Scientology is failing, and contracting. This is good news to me. I'm trying to get the word out about the Greenfields fiasco, in the hope of getting it inspected and shut down.

I'm afraid I can't answer your questions, although others here may well have information. All I can say is that what you describe wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Student 101

I'm afraid I can't answer your questions, although others here may well have information. All I can say is that what you describe wouldn't surprise me in the least.

They really weren't questions I'm afraid.

I hope somebody more brave than I am can expose what really went on. I know the org is much weaker but I would still hate to be seen as a direct enemy. They scare me to death. And our taxes pay for that privilege.

Probably the last post from me but happy to pm. Thankfully I am now far removed from the criminal chaos I endured for far too long.

Div6

Crusader

I hope somebody more brave than I am can expose what really went on. I know the org is much weaker but I would still hate to be seen as a direct enemy. They scare me to death. And our taxes pay for that privilege.

Probably the last post from me but happy to pm. Thankfully I am now far removed from the criminal chaos I endured for far too long.

It seems that there are some serious emotional undercurrents to this, coupled with a tragedy or two. I for one would like to hear your perspective on this.
I understand your fear, but if your are sufficiently distanced, please, let it out. There are some hideous unanswered questions surrounding a different german scientologist (Biggi Reichart). Really, it is like once we get the facts established over one layer of abuse, yet others pop up. It is part of the "healing process", but it takes some time, and some 'confront'.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Thankyou for your valuable input. Even if you feel scared you have been brave enough to post the insightful post above, and it is appreciated. The more voices that add to the picture the better. Greenfields is and has always been a disgrace, a disgusting excuse of a school and it hurts my heart to think of the children that environment damaged.