What's new

Greetings Earthlings!

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I have come to introduce myself. I am Ogsonofgroo, Ogs.
I have a lot to say, am opinionated, sometimes forget spell check.
I have spent over two years of fairly regular study on cult and its effects.
Got a You tub account with tons of vids, but have neglected to/don't want to, upload a thing.
My humorous is connected to my knee-bone.

I would like to say one thing first, thank you Emma for finally let me not be a lurker ;) You ROCK!

Okay, now let me explain a bit about myself.

I have been lurking for a while, but also active as a voice elsewhere, and I am in awe of so much (the people moving forward with their lives) it'll take me a post or two to really explain how I feel and why I bother.

Me? Well, um, sort of smert maybe, in order to protect myself and my small family (us 2) I'm pretty carefull not to give too much info, this to me is what anoniminity is about. If anyone is interested I have very carefully crafted my YT account information so that the truth is there, but then, hm, I could be anyone... but I do not lie, ever, this is my power or something :)
Though I'm actually not afraid as some might be, of giving myself away/face-fagging/name-fagging myself, I prefer to remain behind the scenes and just be a mouthy thingy type thing.
I have spent many, many hours over the last almost three years, studying all the OT levels, TR's blah-blah, all of Lron's history, looked into the 'sources' mind ( ouchies), but mostly the feelngs and statements of the people who have been 'in' and have left.
I do not want to hug people who are hurt and damaged, but I do it as a matter of human nature, I cannot help myself to care.
Realistically I'd rather goof around and make them laugh (then ask a serious Q's)
I leik cheeses.
Do not liek trolls.

Really, really do not get along with people who fool themselves, are abusive, or hurt folks, especially kids.

Oh, I love using smilies too, but not this time, k?

I hope to get to know some of you better, and if I scew up or am unwelcomed, just say so. I will endeavour to speak my heart and be honest, I do have a pretty good grasp of the world around me, after a half a century, t'sok, maybe I can help? dunno. Am warrior who changed swords? (cripes, how does one explain themselves, I am so bad at this, ick)

Hi.

Ogs

Edit> About the hugs thing, this ain't quite so, I give 'em and get 'em, I meant the above as more of a metaphor for being overly sympathetic. Hey, I'm an older dad thingy, and not too bad a person either, so hugs be definately important (and they feel good blah-blah-blah), just thought I'd clear that up a bit :)

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hi Ogs (Og?),

You're welcome. :)

One of my quirks is I hate badly-formatted posts.
I consider it rude for someone to just dash off a bunch of words and not care about the effect caused on the reader
by sloppy misspellings and arbitrary

line breks and poragraphs

There is a difference between genuine illiteracy and mere slop.

Paul

P.S. Whoops. I'm violating "Don't bite the newbies." Oh well.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Hi Ogs,

I consider it rude for someone to just dash off a bunch of words and not care about the effect caused on the reader

Paul

Bite away, you have some specifics that bug ya?

:)

Are you the grammar nazi? If so, then chill man. ;) (should I bother to try I suppose I could speak engrish....XP ) :whistling:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groo_the_Wanderer

Mendicant: Groo becomes violently angry whenever someone calls him a mendicant, even though he doesn't know what it means.

A fray?!?

Nice ta see a fellow (fellowene?) who has read the majesty of Argones!

FWIW, The name Og comes from a 'Little big Book' "Og, Son of Fire" circa 'early 60's by Irving Crump, and being a Groo the Wanderer fan, well, there you go.

Now please don't make fun of me dad eh!

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Ogs, welcome!

I personally couldn't give a whatsit-doo-dah about the niceties of your spelling or grandma.

I care about the human or alien that you are, you may say things that make my blood boil, it's your right. But it's my right to disagree.

I don't like people writing as if this is a text exercise, but then, I am unprejudiced and tolerant too. I also make mistakes and think that the message is more important than the medium.

A different viewpoint is always good, it challenges us. Coming from your planet you will see things differently than the average Earthling, this should prove interesting. So fire away.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Ogs, welcome!

I personally couldn't give a whatsit-doo-dah about the niceties of your spelling or grandma.

I care about the human or alien that you are, you may say things that make my blood boil, it's your right. But it's my right to disagree.

I don't like people writing as if this is a text exercise, but then, I am unprejudiced and tolerant too. I also make mistakes and think that the message is more important than the medium.

A different viewpoint is always good, it challenges us. Coming from your planet you will see things differently than the average Earthling, this should prove interesting. So fire away.

Unless your blood boils at less than 30C then you are of no use to me, bwahaahahah!
I figure, despite my forgettings of spell check thingy, my poetry of zen may touch a heart or three.
BS aside, IRL my writing is just fine, its these interwebs and memes makin' me crazy :duh:
I just sit around and watch, sometimes I'll have a question, it will not be often.
I thank all of your welcomes and wish everyone the very best of what life offers. (and it is soooo much w/o bs, truly)
I go nao, reality rears its ugly head @ breakfast time, four hours from now, as usual, day in, day out.

:coolwink:

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Ogs.

Hope yer happy here. I know I am. It is the closest thing tto therapy that I can live with. And I need it. If you have something that you need to get off your chest, just say it. Someone might bonk you for it but that's what you get for communicating. LOL.

Bob

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Eye cents a kin, dread sole!

I have come to introduce myself. I am Ogsonofgroo, Ogs.
I have a lot to say, am opinionated, sometimes forget spell check.
I have spent over two years of fairly regular study on cult and its effects.
Got a You tub account with tons of vids, but have neglected to/don't want to, upload a thing.
My humorous is connected to my knee-bone.

I would like to say one thing first, thank you Emma for finally let me not be a lurker ;) You ROCK!

Okay, now let me explain a bit about myself.

I have been lurking for a while, but also active as a voice elsewhere, and I am in awe of so much (the people moving forward with their lives) it'll take me a post or two to really explain how I feel and why I bother.

Me? Well, um, sort of smert maybe, in order to protect myself and my small family (us 2) I'm pretty carefull not to give too much info, this to me is what anoniminity is about. If anyone is interested I have very carefully crafted my YT account information so that the truth is there, but then, hm, I could be anyone... but I do not lie, ever, this is my power or something :)
Though I'm actually not afraid as some might be, of giving myself away/face-fagging/name-fagging myself, I prefer to remain behind the scenes and just be a mouthy thingy type thing.
I have spent many, many hours over the last almost three years, studying all the OT levels, TR's blah-blah, all of Lron's history, looked into the 'sources' mind ( ouchies), but mostly the feelngs and statements of the people who have been 'in' and have left.
I do not want to hug people who are hurt and damaged, but I do it as a matter of human nature, I cannot help myself to care.
Realistically I'd rather goof around and make them laugh (then ask a serious Q's)
I leik cheeses.
Do not liek trolls.

Really, really do not get along with people who fool themselves, are abusive, or hurt folks, especially kids.

Oh, I love using smilies too, but not this time, k?

I hope to get to know some of you better, and if I scew up or am unwelcomed, just say so. I will endeavour to speak my heart and be honest, I do have a pretty good grasp of the world around me, after a half a century, t'sok, maybe I can help? dunno. Am warrior who changed swords? (cripes, how does one explain themselves, I am so bad at this, ick)

Hi.

Ogs

OK, Ogs...you'll do. :hug:

It is in the key phrases. :eyeroll:

(and btw, the time you have spent studying this shit is a drop in the bucket compared to the time I have done...and the time I have invested is a mere drop in the ocean to the investment of others on this forum.) Jes' sayin'...:whistling:

Mike horton
aka EP - Ethics Particle or End Phenomena...yer cherce. :coolwink:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
OK, Ogs...you'll do. :hug:

It is in the key phrases. :eyeroll:

(and btw, the time you have spent studying this shit is a drop in the bucket compared to the time I have done...and the time I have invested is a mere drop in the ocean to the investment of others on this forum.) Jes' sayin'...:whistling:

Mike horton
aka EP - Ethics Particle or End Phenomena...yer cherce. :coolwink:

Thanks again guys/gals/undecided, @ Mike, oh yes, well understood, (I did notice a possible time descepancy in my post too btw, to explain a bit; I had a very good friend 20 years ago who was a devotee of CoS, we spent many hours arguing (like pulling eye-teeth really) on this and that, and one of my good mates IRL was 'in' until 96-97 and by in I mean over 20 years, he was on the ground floor for many things and has given me an interesting point of view (also hung out and partied with the old windbag hisself), unfortuantely he is still a bit zorched and I truly hope one day I can point him here :yes: )

Cheers to all you good folk!

Ogs

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Ogs (Og?),

Paul

I like posts like that.

It bespeaks uv das characterz dans das pozterz!

We need a poll!

Rd00