What's new

Greetings everyone!

julius_seizure

I wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I've been reading this forum daily for a little over a year now but have never created an account until tonight. I can't recall how I even discovered this in the first place as it's been so long, but I'm very glad it exists and I'm equally as happy that you are all here.

I'm different than most as I don't have a history with the Church. In fact, my only interaction with the CoS was back in 2008 when I was looking for information on Scientology and did an online personality test with the local Org. Never followed up though, regardless of how many emails and hand written letters they've sent me. One thing I've always been curious about is how they got my home address, unless maybe I bought a book or something from a staff member on eBay, which is a good possibility now that I think of it.

Here's a little background:

In 2008 I realized I had no idea what Scientology actually was, aside from what I saw on South Park. So I did a lot of research online. The majority of my findings were extremely negative. I read everything I could find and became fascinated by the subject. The negative things really interested me. That book by Janet Reitman earlier this year was a good read.

Like everything else, I need to hear both sides. So I tried finding CoS information online but it was more of a run around, at least it appeared that way at the time. This, of course, was before I knew anything about the Independent movement. So I bought used books at this bookstore nearby. A bunch of books. The Basics, actually, but again, that was before I knew about Miscaviage squirrelling everything or what squirreling even was for that matter. After that, I bought some old taped LRH lectures, which I really liked. Then I discovered David Mayo, and downloaded his lectures. That's when I truly began to enjoy the subject I suppose. David Mayo has always seemed so genuine and warm to me.

I've never received auditing, though I really want to. I don't have any friends who are into the subject. I found out earlier this year that a friend of mine did attend Delphi in Oregon back in the 90s. She doesn't consider herself a Scientologist, but she still speaks very highly of Study Tech.

I'm glad to finally say hello and join in conversation. I have many questions and I hope I'll find some help. I understand a lot of people here are Exes, but I know there are some independents here too that I hope to connect with a bit more.

Thanks for having me here.

Last edited:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Julius . . . glad you're looking at both sides. This is a great place to do that. . . there is a lot of experience here. When I first came to this board I knew I was done with the CofS but was still interested in the tech. I talked to both exes and independents and it helped me to sort it all out.

You will get a lot of advice here . . . some will be very direct . . . don't let that put you on the defensive. Listen to what they say and at the very least least file it away for future reference.

My advice . . . read "The True Believer" by Eric Hoffer before you think about getting involved. It will make you aware of mind control techniques so that if you encounter these things being used on you, you'll be able to recognze them and hopefully not fall victim to them like I did.

-TL

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
David Mayo -- Class XII, Senior C/S International (from 1978 to 1983). Personal auditor of LRH in 1970s, developed NOTs (New Era Dianetics for OT) with L. Ron Hubbard. Declared SP in 1983. Founded first Freezone center called Advanced Ability Center. David Mayo was an important figure in what was then called "The Independent Field," and did not wish to be identified with the term, "Free Zone," nonetheless, these days, many "Freezoners," against his wishes, choose to identify him as one of the "Free zone founders"

julius_seizure

My advice . . . read "The True Believer" by Eric Hoffer before you think about getting involved. It will make you aware of mind control techniques so that if you encounter these things being used on you, you'll be able to recognze them and hopefully not fall victim to them like I did.

-TL

Thank you for the recommendation, I just ordered a copy.

Terril park

Sponsor
I wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I've been reading this forum daily for a little over a year now but have never created an account until tonight. I can't recall how I even discovered this in the first place as it's been so long, but I'm very glad it exists and I'm equally as happy that you are all here.

I'm different than most as I don't have a history with the Church. In fact, my only interaction with the CoS was back in 2008 when I was looking for information on Scientology and did an online personality test with the local Org. Never followed up though, regardless of how many emails and hand written letters they've sent me. One thing I've always been curious about is how they got my home address, unless maybe I bought a book or something from a staff member on eBay, which is a good possibility now that I think of it.

Here's a little background:

In 2008 I realized I had no idea what Scientology actually was, aside from what I saw on South Park. So I did a lot of research online. The majority of my findings were extremely negative. I read everything I could find and became fascinated by the subject. The negative things really interested me. That book by Janet Reitman earlier this year was a good read.

Like everything else, I need to hear both sides. So I tried finding CoS information online but it was more of a run around, at least it appeared that way at the time. This, of course, was before I knew anything about the Independent movement. So I bought used books at this bookstore nearby. A bunch of books. The Basics, actually, but again, that was before I knew about Miscaviage squirrelling everything or what squirreling even was for that matter. After that, I bought some old taped LRH lectures, which I really liked. Then I discovered David Mayo, and downloaded his lectures. That's when I truly began to enjoy the subject I suppose. David Mayo has always seemed so genuine and warm to me.

I've never received auditing, though I really want to. I don't have any friends who are into the subject. I found out earlier this year that a friend of mine did attend Delphi in Oregon back in the 90s. She doesn't consider herself a Scientologist, but she still speaks very highly of Study Tech.

I'm glad to finally say hello and join in conversation. I have many questions and I hope I'll find some help. I understand a lot of people here are Exes, but I know there are some independents here too that I hope to connect with a bit more.

Thanks for having me here.

Hi, been connecting people up to the Freezone for over a decade. If you mail me
at

[email protected]

I can possibly connect you to an auditor local to you. If you want to chat I can call most places for free, including the USA.

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
welcome Julius,

as someone have signature here :
all scientologist are EX,they just don't know that jet....:coolwink:

and we're happy to have you

welcome and merry christmas

yeah, actually there are two sides to it though mostly you get the negative on the net

i'm an old auditor from way back and i'm actually very pleased with much of the experience. christ, i wish i could recommend academy training. but as i've said before i would no more send someone into CoS than tell a horny dude to get a blowjob from a cannibal

LOL Birdy!!! :biggrin:

Welcome, Julius! :) I like funny nick names!

Glad you joined us, there are a lot of people with a lot of experience to share here, read around on lots of threads and you'll see what I mean.

Many people share your interest with the subject of Scientology.

There are different types of auditing...Book One (Dianetics, Etc.) co-auditing done with a partner, self auditing, as well as "being audited" by someone else. There's also the extremely negative and damaging types of ethics handlings which use the e-meter and auditing skills or lists in a negative and harmful way. So you have to be careful and watch what you're getting into.

David Mayo and his wife are members here, by the way, as are many of the people who made the Organization of Scientology possible, over the years. They also have left Scientology behind them. That so many people have left the COS should be a clear warning to you to steer clear of Organized, Corporate Scientology, known as the "Church" of Scientology. :no: It's a destructive CULT! :omg:

There is nothing wrong with reading up about it and learning more about it. You can do a lot of that here and elsewhere on the Internet for free, much of the history and literature is online. Even the no-longer secret upper levels...Just don't fall into the same pit that others have done, of actually believing that any of Ron's fairy tales are real. :thumbsup:

Be aware that much of what Ron wrote, he just made up, without really doing any research or development, as he claimed, and he also borrowed stuff from many other sources, but presented it as if it was a new and original idea. He made a lot of false claims of people having healings and developing greater abilities to sell books, in the beginning, and he did sell books.

People are always interested in self-improvement and in making their life circumstances better. Those kinds of books and programs are always successful at first, while people try them out. (The vast majority of people who have ever tried Scientology have just walked away from it early on, and not gotten too deeply involved with it.) Then people wanted him to give demonstrations, give talks, train people, etc., because they weren't getting the effects or good results that they wanted from just reading his book (Dianetics), and trying auditing on their own and the whole organization of Scientology grew out of that. He was a bit of a showman, put on a good show and got people interested, and sold more books.

You do know that he began all this when he was writing pulp fiction for a living, don't you?

He was good at making stuff up, as in...was an imaginative writer! :)

However, I would say that as a subject, Scientology does not have any secret or hidden useful information about the mind or the Universe or how to handle life's problems that cannot be found in a more easily accessible and more functional form elsewhere, and often for free, or for much less in cost, in every way, to your life and to your well-being. :) Also, as a subject, it does contain some harmful elements to those who practice it, such as the concept that you have a reactive mind which is bad and needs to be cleaned up and conquered, thus making you "clear". There is no such thing as a cleared reactive mind, or a reactive mind, for that matter. Ron just made it up. He really enjoyed coining new phrases and making up new words, or new meaning for words, so that there are whole Scientology dictionaries! I think much of the time, he was just playing a game with it.

If you want to get a sense of what auditing is like, try out one of Paul's sites (Dulloldfart on this board), or watch one of the many videos online about it.

Good luck to you as you learn more about it! :thumbsup: And Welcome! :)

Last edited:

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
welcome Julius. If you have read any of my posts, you know where I stand. If it something you need to try, go ahead and try it, but, please do it with eyes wide open. Know all about the creator of Dianetics and Scientology before you get into it.

I wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. ...

Welcome. I'm glad you had a chance to listen to some of David Mayo's old lectures. They are quite good. David is a man of great integrity and was the unfortunate target of much abuse from Hubbard & the Co$ precisely because of the principled positions he took. As others have noted, neither David nor his wife Julie have any further interest in scientology, including the freezone. He has only in recent months 'resurfaced' after years of being out of touch with old friends, although he and his wife both still maintain a 'very low profile'.

If you are interested in auditing there are several freezone groups in the pacific northwest where services are available. Good luck on your path.

BTW, since you enjoyed the Mayo recordings, you may enjoy these even earlier lectures of John McMaster, another old time scientologist involved with development of aduiting tech. The lectures are linked to on the opening post of the following thread.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?25041-John-Mc-Master-Thoughts-Memories-amp-Recordings

or try here,

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...amp-Recordings&p=621437&viewfull=1#post621437

Mark A. Baker

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome2:

Hello Julius. Glad you decided to join us. Lots of interesting viewpoints here.

Please take the advice of posters above, and read all about LRH and the history of the CoS before you partake of any of their services. Same goes for any of the freezone groups.