What's new

Greetings from colorado

Veda

Sponsor
I am trying to remember the grade chart from the 1970s... wasn't it changed to "Dianetics Release" instead of "Dianetics Clear"?
Or am I wrong about this?

You have it backwards. :) In the late 1970s, what had, previously, been called Dianetic releases were then called Dianetic Clears.

Veda

Sponsor
Perhaps, I want to solo asap. I'm working on becoming a Book One Clear, and then doing the grades. As for the higher levels of the bridge, I have acquired the information from several different online sources, and I'd check the content against my own past to see if any of it is even relevant to run. Several groups I've been in contact with have the impression that LRH assumes that most of the events in the upper levels applied to everyone. They also talk about reaching a point where they come up with their own processes for their own cases. This is my goal.

My immediate goals are TRs and M1/M8.

Kremnari

Thanks for the response. Will you be using an e-meter to check the content to see if it's relevant?

__________​

An assortment of Scientological background for your possible contemplation:

1938, August, L. Ron Hubbard writes to his first wife Polly and discusses his unpublished manuscript 'Excalibur':

"Living is a pretty grim joke, but a joke just the same. The entire function of man is to survive. Not for 'what' but just to survive... I turned the thing up [the 'dynamic principle of existence: Survive!'], so it's up to me to survive in a big way.

"Personal immortality is only to be gained through the printed word, barred note, or painted canvas or hard granite. Foolishly perhaps, but determined none the less, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all the books are destroyed. That goal is the real goal as far as I am concerned. Things which stand too consistently in my way make me nervous.

"It's a pretty big job. In a hundred years Roosevelt will have been forgotten - which gives some idea of the magnitude of my attempt."

1946, Hubbard's 'Affirmations':

"Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write...

"Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler...

"Men are your slaves."

From Judge Breckenridge's summation, 1984:

"The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and this bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder LRH. The evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological liar...

"The writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egotism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile.

"At the same time it appears that he is charismatic and highly capable of motivating, organizing, controlling, manipulating, and inspiring his adherents..."

From a 1991 article by David Mayo, on 'Clear':

"It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'clear' at a certain point..."

And from Russell Miller's interview of David Mayo from August 1986, regarding Mayo's time with Hubbard in the late 1970s:

"He told me he was obsessed with an insatiable lust for power and money. He said it very emphatically. He thought it wasn't possible to get enough. He didn't say it as if it was a fault, just his frustration that he couldn't get enough."

Here's a sampling of a typical implant description from OT 2, plus a smattering of introductory material by Hubbard. Tech is in red.:

The first (earliest) bit of the bank is not an item but a light. It appears to the left front of the face, some distance away (Look ahead and to the left a bit and you'll spot it.)

It is the source of unconsciousness and produces it when contacted. There is a light before each run...

When you spot a light or object or combination of objects, you should get a read on the needle.

You repeat verbal items aloud...

The objects - hollow and solid...

The objects appear about an arms length away...

They move...

Explosion...

Never proceed past a non-reading item. To do so can be very deadly...

Many persons experience unreality at the start of [implant] GPM running; this leaves when you see the meter reads.

They are implant incidents...

Trillion, 20,095.

Hot Cold.

This is a pole with a split in it. The back split is hot, the front is cold. Two temperatures. Duration is 1 [and] 1/8th seconds...

Dance Mob.

Trillions, 18,992.

This duration is 7/8 of a second. There is a pole that pulls one in. One is caught in the pole.

And a little more:

230 trillions.

This seeks to install...

Implanter X... Target X,
etc. [Shows diagram of implant], etc.

A typical reaction to running these materials is amazement at having contacted previously inaccessible incidents from ages ago, and delight at having expected (and hoped for) e-meter responses.

Those without the expected e-meter responses usually respond with dread and upset at their failure.

Their "cases" must be reviewed, and actions taken to "set" them "up" them for the "level."

It's an impressive P.T. Barnumesque ride.

OT3Interference.jpg

And when the ride is over, the person is pretty much the same as he was before, but with an overlay of Hubbardian significance that sees the world as a place of dramatizing implants and Body Thetan infestation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVqN...um.exscn.net/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=6518

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwDKg5K3in8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6P4YV6CfI0

bodythetans.jpg

HubbardOT3.gif

Suggest checking out the Human potential, self discovery outside and beyond Scientology section of this MB.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
You have it backwards. :) In the late 1970s, what had, previously, been called Dianetic releases were then called Dianetic Clears.

I believe that the first state of "Dianetic Release" was first achieved by DMSMH's forward writing Dr. Joseph Winter back in 1950, who successfully solo audited his way to a release from Dianetics itself.

Departing Hubbard's incipient cult, whose founder he described in Time Magazine (Sept 1951) as follows: "...
more & more 'absolutistic and authoritarian'; the foundation became less & less interested in research, more interested in spreading the word. Last winter, Winter flounced out. He was finding orthodox dianetics 'ritualistic and sterile'."

The article concluded with a professional caveat: "Winter is convinced that it is dangerous for laymen to try to audit each other (he cites patients at Hubbard's foundation who went insane); treatment should be by experts only."

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am trying to remember the grade chart from the 1970s... wasn't it changed to "Dianetics Release" instead of "Dianetics Clear"?
There was a state called "Dianetic Release" between ARC Straightwire and Grade 0 that pc's used to attest to, back in the late 60's, before the introduction of Standard Dns in 1969. This was achieved by running one chain of secondaries and one chain of engrams each to FN. I saw some old folders from the period that had this. That's from back years before I -- and I think you -- got into scn. There's mention of this old Dianetic Release state in the tech volumes 1965-69.
http://www.tep-online.info/laku/usa/reli/scien/SECRETDOX/1965_69.PDF

From the time I got in in 1975 until the Dn Clear thing in 1978, someone who had done all their Dns was called a "Dianetic Case Completion." There was an unofficial state called Dianetic Clear that you could attest to, meaning that you'd keyed out your whole bank on Dns, but it wasn't on the grade chart. It was one of those things people used to attest to like "Keyed-Out OT," "Cleared Theta Clear," etc.

Even when I attested Dn Clear in 1979, we didn't have a physical grade chart that showed "Dianetic Clear"; the examiner pointed to "Clear" on the chart between R6EW and OT I. (We were sometimes slow to receive the latest updates.) Beginning in 1978, "Dianetic Clear" and "Clear" were understood to mean the same thing.

Veda

Sponsor
There was a state called "Dianetic Release" between ARC Straightwire and Grade 0 that pc's used to attest to, back in the late 60's, before the introduction of Standard Dns in 1969. This was achieved by running one chain of secondaries and one chain of engrams each to FN. I saw some old folders from the period that had this. That's from back years before I -- and I think you -- got into scn. There's mention of this old Dianetic Release state in the tech volumes 1965-69.
http://www.tep-online.info/laku/usa/reli/scien/SECRETDOX/1965_69.PDF

From the time I got in in 1975 until the Dn Clear thing in 1978, someone who had done all their Dns was called a "Dianetic Case Completion." There was an unofficial state called Dianetic Clear that you could attest to, meaning that you'd keyed out your whole bank on Dns, but it wasn't on the grade chart. It was one of those things people used to attest to like "Keyed-Out OT," "Cleared Theta Clear," etc.

Even when I attested Dn Clear in 1979, we didn't have a physical grade chart that showed "Dianetic Clear"; the examiner pointed to "Clear" on the chart between R6EW and OT I. (We were sometimes slow to receive the latest updates.) Beginning in 1978, "Dianetic Clear" and "Clear" were understood to mean the same thing.

In 1970, Hubbard had written of Dianetic Clear:

"Only about 2 percent actually go clear on Dianetics. A Dianetic Clear as any other Dianetic PC now goes up through the Grades of Scientology and on to the proper Clearing Course. The Dianetic Clear of Book 1 was clear of somatics. The Book 1 definition is correct. This is the end phenomena of Dianetics as per the Classification Chart and Book 1."

That Hubbard shaped and changed the tech for self-serving reasons, and reasons other than the well being of Scientologists, and that the tech has destructive manipulative aspects, along with its other seemingly potentially beneficial aspects, is a hard pill to swallow for tech people.

Eight years later, Hubbard "discovered" that not only did Book 1 Clears still have somatics, but Standard Tech 'Dianetic Case Completions' also had somatics.

NOTs was then released to the waiting exuberant Scientologists, with their check books and credit cards in hand.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
In 1970, Hubbard had written of Dianetic Clear:

"Only about 2 percent actually go clear on Dianetics. A Dianetic Clear as any other Dianetic PC now goes up through the Grades of Scientology and on to the proper Clearing Course. The Dianetic Clear of Book 1 was clear of somatics. The Book 1 definition is correct. This is the end phenomena of Dianetics as per the Classification Chart and Book 1."

---

Eight years later, Hubbard "discovered" that not only did Book 1 Clears still have somatics, but Standard Tech 'Dianetic Case Completions' also had somatics.---

A priceless reference. Not only was it true in relationship to later statements, it was entirely tautological in itself.

"The Dianetic Clear of Book 1 was clear of somatics. The Book 1 definition is correct."

How could the Book 1 definition be "correct" in 1970 when Hubbard had already developed 17 years worth of technical "research" (1950 - 1967) which included hundreds of thousands of pages/transcripts of somatic producing GPMs, Implants and the motherlode of all somatic-inducing charge called OT III?

Hubbard's handling of the painfully (literally and figuratively) obvious lie that Dianetics produced a person who was "clear of somatics" was to simply tell a BIGGER lie about it and state (with requisite certainty): "The Book 1 definition is correct."

Here is the Hubbard Law of Commotion at its very best/worst. (i.e. "The are not the [STRIKE]droids[/STRIKE] somatics you're looking for.")​

Free Being Me

Crusader
Thank you all for most of your comments. I am aware of the bad PR and criticisms of the CoS and LRH, especially higher on the bridge that require more money. This is why I would rather find a smaller group to work with in my area, and stay away from the church.

I do however agree with most of the lower level stuff, up through the grades. They do seem to make sense, even with a critical eye. As for past the point of 'clear,' I shall reserve judgement until I have made it that far. If it takes me longer doing it myself/with a small group, then so be it.

I have read many of the "reform scientology" and "violations of the tech by the church" kinds of pages, and shall keep their observations in mind as I progress.

Kremnari

P.s. I now have a better understanding of what kind of board this is.

Hubbard's so called scientology auditing (based on dianetics) is cognitive dissociation resulting in narcissistic egotism. This is the stuff of mind control, the mental masturbation candy that is touted as sometimes being beneficial from the cognitive dissonance of traumatic bonding that is the heart of scientology. Cognitive dissonance is the natural result of traumatic bonding, resulting in the person reframing their reality and the denial of a traumatic event. It's an insidiously clever piece of psychological manipulation resulting in a fractured identity, emotional damage, and why people here don't recommend it, we lived it and many have recovered or are the process of recovery. Of course scientology sounds appealing, it's why we joined, however what we got was empty promises, broken families, raped minds, twisted lives, and a lot of deaths and suicides, not to mention a whole host of other abuses and crimes all in the name of spiritual freedom. This way lies madness. Do you really want that for yourself?

Traumatic Bonding
http://victimsofpsychopaths.wordpress.com/traumatic-bonding/
Traumatic bonding is “strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other.” (Dutton & Painter, 1981). Several conditions have been identified that must be present for a traumatic bond to occur.

–(1). There must be an imbalance of power, with one person more in control of key aspects of the relationship, such as setting themselves up as the “authority” through such things as controlling the finances, or making most of the relationship decisions, or using threats and intimidations, so the relationship has become lopsided.

–(2). The abusive behavior is sporadic in nature. It is characterized by intermittent reinforcement, which means there is the alternating of highly intense positives (such as intense kindness or affection) and the negatives of the abusive behavior.

–(3). The victim engages in denial of the abuse for emotional self- protection. In severe abuse (this can be psychological or physical), one form of psychological protection strategy is dissociation, where the victim experiences the abuse as if it is not happening to them, but as if they are outside their body watching the scene unfold (like watching a movie). Dissociative states allow the victim to compartmentalize the abusive aspects of the relationship in order to focus on the positive aspects.

The use of denial and distancing oneself from the abuse are forms of what is called cognitive dissonance. In abusive relationships this means that what is happening to the victim is so horrible, so far removed from their thoughts and expectations of the world, that it is “dissonant” or “out of tune” or “at odds” with their pre-existing expectations and reality. Since the victim feels powerless to change the situation, they rely on emotional strategies to try to make it less dissonant, to try to somehow make it fit. To cope with the contradicting behaviors of the abuser, and to survive the abuse, the person literally has to change how they perceive reality. Studies also show a person is more loyal and committed to a person or situation that is difficult, uncomfortable, or even humiliating, and the more the victim has invested in the relationship, the more they need to justify their position. Cognitive dissonance is a powerful “self-preservation” mechanism which can completely distort and override the truth, with the victim developing a tolerance for the abuse and “normalizing” the abusers behavior, despite evidence to the contrary.

–(4). The victim masks that the abuse is happening, may not have admitted it to anyone, not even themselves.

Trauma bonding makes it easier for a victim to survive within the relationship, but it severely undermines the victims self-structures, undermining their ability to accurately evaluate danger, and impairs their ability to perceive of alternatives to the situation.

Once a trauma bond is established it becomes extremely difficult for the victim to break free of the relationship. The way humans respond to trauma is thought to have a biological basis and reactions to trauma was first described a century ago, with the term “railroad spine” being used. Another term used has been “shell shocked”.

Victims overwhelmed with terror suffer from an overload of their system, and to be able to function they must distort reality. They often shut down emotionally, and sometimes later describe themselves as having felt “robotic”, intellectually knowing what happened, but feeling frozen or numb and unable to take action. A victim must feel safe and out of “survival mode” before they will be able to make cognitive changes.

Many victims feel the compulsion to tell and retell the events of the trauma in an attempt to come to terms with what happened to them and to try to integrate it, reaching out to others for contact, safety, and stability. Other victims react in an opposite manner, withdrawing into a shell of self-imposed isolation. The trauma bond can persist even after the victim leaves the relationship, with it sometimes taking months, or even years, for them to completely break the bond.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
There was a state called "Dianetic Release" between ARC Straightwire and Grade 0 that pc's used to attest to, back in the late 60's, before the introduction of Standard Dns in 1969. This was achieved by running one chain of secondaries and one chain of engrams each to FN. I saw some old folders from the period that had this.
<snip ...>
I've mentioned it before, but I'll say it again ... It really shook me up when I saw those old folders. These were people who were "Grade IV" but had had just a few sessions, maybe one hour of auditing total. One had attested to a grade without even running the process because they FN'ed on clearing the command. No cogs to be seen on the worksheets, just "FN, that's it!"

I'd heard of quickie grades, of course -- many people around in my time had had them -- but actually seeing it was still a shock. This wasn't going on when I was in, but if it could go so totally wrong once, just a few years before -- and HCOB's from that period actually approved this sort of thing -- how did we know that what we were doing now wasn't going to look just as bad in a few years? This was another thing that pushed me closer to getting out.

Veda

Sponsor
Auditing is an English language word.

Amongst synonyms listed by Merriam-Webster are: "Examination, going-over, review, scan, scrutiny, view."

The Latin root word means, "a hearing," or "to hear."

Scientology has adopted the word, "auditing."

ron-operator-1980.jpg

Those introduced to auditing by Scientologists, both inside and outside the CofS, are often told the above definitions are descriptive of Scientology auditing.

IMO, it's important to discern between the "bait" portion of auditing where one is primarily asked, and the "switch" portion of "auditing" where one is primarily told.

"This is a cold blooded and factual account of your last sixty trillion years," from 1952's 'What to Audit' found Hubbard telling others the contents of their minds, but it was premature "mind grope," just as the early 1950s e-meter reactions projected on the wall with shadows, while the audience went "ooh!" and "ahh!", was premature "Your e-meter will tell you"-ism, and the 1951 "no rights of any kind" was premature SP Doctrine, and the 1951 "dispose of quietly and without sorrow" was premature Fair Game Law and premature disconnection - disconnection in its most extreme form.

In the mean time, Hubbard surrounded himself with those excited about his much advertised vision of a better world, and excited about the full releasing of spiritual ability.

Hubbard liked to write and he liked to lecture, and he had a knack as a practical psychologist.

He drew on the ideas and innovations of the most creative of those around him, and drew on his own knowledge of abreaction (catharsis, "get it [buried thoughts and emotions] off your chest") therapy, Korzybski's General Semantics with its "earlier similars" etc, and Aleister Crowley's Magic(k).

He re-worked the Yogic triad of "Bliss, Knowledge, Being," that Crowley had incorporated into his system of Magic(k) and it became "Affinity, Reality, Communication," and reworked the (four 'letters' - ingredients - of the) Kabbalistic 'tetragrammaton', and it became his 'Four Conditions of Existence'. Hubbard rewrote Crowley's 'Naples Arrangement' and it became his 'The Factors'. He borrowed Crowley's idea of a multiplicity of infinite minds and further excited Scientologists with that notion. None of these were original with Crowley, who was as much a relay point as was Hubbard.

Yet, unlike Crowley, Hubbard would eventually incorporate the methods of psychological warfare into his system, and use those methods, not only on his perceived enemies, but on his own followers.

And when he finally - in the 1960s - fully unleashed, mostly covertly, the psychological warfare methods on Scientologists, he also returned to fully utilizing those ideas he had briefly tested more than a decade earlier. He gave them a past, he gave them a future, he told them the contents of their own minds, and made it plain that only HE knew and others were going to be told.

emetertravolta.jpg

Hubbard had written confidentially of the importance of "using enemy tactics," and would even use those "enemy tactics" on his own loyal followers. He had written of psychiatrists in August 1963:

"Psychiatry is authoritarian and tells the person what's wrong with him, often introducing a new lie. Scientology finds out what's wrong with the person from the person."

Soon to follow would be the secret and very serious, and very dangerous, and vital to your survival "Clearing Course," "OT 2" and "OT 3," in which Hubbard would do what he said the psychiatrists did.

Dianetics.jpg

Hubbard had done this in 1952, but now it was formalized and institutionalized, and a senior part of the tech of Scientology.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Perhaps, I want to solo asap. I'm working on becoming a Book One Clear, and then doing the grades. As for the higher levels of the bridge, I have acquired the information from several different online sources, and I'd check the content against my own past to see if any of it is even relevant to run. Several groups I've been in contact with have the impression that LRH assumes that most of the events in the upper levels applied to everyone. They also talk about reaching a point where they come up with their own processes for their own cases. This is my goal.

My immediate goals are TRs and M1/M8.

Kremnari

No such thing as a Book One Clear. L Ron Hubbard said so on 4 July 1958 at the "Clearing Congress . . .

[video=youtube_share;oNtaxR6wEyc]http://youtu.be/oNtaxR6wEyc[/video]

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . Also, since you are interested in self-study and co-auditing, I recommend using the Clearbird materials for this purpose. These materials have been developed specifically for the purpose of training and self-study. They fully reflect the ideas embodied in "standard tech" without most of the problems associated with the original hubbard materials. In particular they are much easier to understand and apply having been specifically written for training purposes . . .

The Clearbird site is not really that much use because it fails to point out that Engrams do not exist which is one of the most serious problems associated with the original L Ron Hubbard materials.

Veda

Sponsor
In the book 'The Mneme' published in 1923, Richard Semon used the term "engram" which he defined as a "stimulus impression" that could be reactivated by the recurrence of "the energetic conditions which ruled at the generation of the engram."

Alfred Korzybski used the term "hurts," and wrote in 1935:

"...We begin to check this... process of piling up 'hurts' on 'hurts'... new 'hurts', in practice, are usually related or similar to the old ones; they would revive the older 'hurts'. Accordingly, he [the person undergoing abreaction would] not only 'live through' the older experiences but at once revive them, and after re-evaluation, eliminate the harmful effects."

Kremnari, I'm not here to tell you that everything you believe is false. I'm sure there are many things that you've read and witnessed that are quite real.

There no doubt are such things as "hurts" and such things as traumatic experiences. Hubbard extrapolated from this and, evidence indicates that, while he, IMO, did have his moments of brilliance, he also had a self-serving hidden agenda, an agenda that affected Dianetics and Scientology since their earliest beginnings.

I strongly recommend that you get a copy of the book 'L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?' or Google the version available on the Net, the albeit crude, but readable, 1998 scan of the 1987 edition, and read the chapters, "Souls turned inside Out," "The Origins of Dianetics," and "Clay in the Master's Hands" (re. the background of the lower grades), plus the chapters, "Through the Wall of Fire" and "Are you Haunted?"

9780818404443.jpg

51S694ZJ26L._SY320_.jpg

The book 'Messiah or Madman?' acknowledges that there are both positives and negatives in Scientology tech. It also examines their origins in a way that you may find helpful. :)

__________​

It's not uncommon for an outside the CofS ["Church" of Scientology] Scientologist to cheerfully tell a curious newbie about "Clearbird," with no further elaboration.

Telling a person about "Clear," and extolling the benefits of archiving the state of "Clear," while omitting mention of certain less than pleasant, and somewhat complicated, details, is very much standard Scientology practice and, of course, is dishonest. Unfortunately, dishonesty is so woven into Scientology that Scientologists become dishonest (about Scientology), sometimes, without being conscious of it.

To any curious and trusting "wogs" (also called, by Scientology's founder, "Homo Saps") it appears that "Clear," in Clearbird, is the end result.
Cleargirl.jpg

__________​

Yet it seems to be a lead-in to something else, bait-and-switch-style. Here's a "Clear" on his solo auditing:
solo2.gif

___________​

Congratulations! You're Clear!

Oh, by the way...

Once you're "Clear" you're "at risk."
OT3Interference.jpg

"Anyone who is Clear but not OT III had better be pushed up to OT 3 first because otherwise he is at risk." 'HCOB' 23 Dec 1971.:nervous:

As you noted :), Clearbird and Prometheus Reports do have a symbiotic relationship, but this relationship in not usually stated upfront.

This is from the author of the Clearbird materials, under 'KSW and Clearbird':

"We respect Ron's tech for what it is, a complete system that has been tested and adjusted, re-tested and adjusted again, and now existed more or less in its final form for over 30 years." http://the-scientologist.com/clearbird.shtml

And that "complete system" does not end at "Clear."

Of course, one can pretty much do whatever one wants with almost anything, but it does seem that the Clearbird materials were (are) meant as introductory (lead in) to the rest of Scientology, rather than a statement that Scientology (meaning, in this case, Scientology counseling) is only valid up to "Clear."

Which explains why there's no "warning label" attached.

I still like Clearbird, but, as with Scientology, there does seem to be something lurking behind the Clearbird curtain too. Apparently, to the author of Clearbird, it's just Ron's smiling face.

Hubbardclip.jpg

ethercat

Cat in flight
Thank you all for most of your comments. I am aware of the bad PR and criticisms of the CoS and LRH, especially higher on the bridge that require more money. This is why I would rather find a smaller group to work with in my area, and stay away from the church.

Welcome to ESMB, Kremnari. In my opinion, what you should be concerned about, more so than your wallet, is your mind.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
The Clearbird site is not really that much use because it fails to point out that Engrams do not exist which is one of the most serious problems associated with the original L Ron Hubbard materials.

The events that Hubbard terms engrams most certainly do exist.

Kremnari

This I would believe, I've read some of the OT material that talks about a process of "mocking and unmocking a reactive mind." That would be the point when I would be clear/permanent. The release point is merely when it stops affecting a person now.

Thanks for pointing this out, and I shall adjust my words accordingly.

Kremmy

TG1

Angelic Poster
Reference?

OK, Remmy. I roughed you up when you got here.

Now, here's my gift to you. But you have to accept it.

Start this video exactly at 5:00 into it. And watch the rest of it. That's only 4 minutes and 15 seconds of your life.

[video=youtube;N0o_kStMTbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0o_kStMTbw[/video]

Good luck to you.

TG1

Kremnari

OK, Remmy. I roughed you up when you got here.

Now, here's my gift to you. But you have to accept it.

Start this video exactly at 5:00 into it. And watch the rest of it. That's only 4 minutes and 15 seconds of your life.

[video=youtube;N0o_kStMTbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0o_kStMTbw[/video]

Good luck to you.

TG1

Sounds like Cyrus wants to go back into the Matrix.

RANT (aimed at the public in general)

First off, if you're having migraines after 1D clear, then YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. I have learned that dianetics/scientology has much of it's roots in other works, possibly including the entirety of dianetics. Big whoop! History is full of people picking up anothers' trash/treasure and selling it as their own. People are doing it today!

So let's consider the basics of the reactive mind and engrams and chains and all that dianetics stuff as valid. Let's just assume for a tiny moment. I'll even let you assume that past lives are complete mumbo jumbo (and who cares either way if you can pull useful skills out of your ass from them!)

To define clear, I have pulled out my copy of DMSMH. CLEAR: The optimum individual; no longer possessed of any engrams. A clear is an individual who, as a result of dianetic therapy, has neither active nor potential psycho-somatic illness or aberration. Dictionary: Bright; unclouded, hence, serene; clean; audible; discriminating; understanding; free from doubt; sure; innocent; net, as profit over expenses; free from debt; free from any entanglement. V.t. To make clear, as of dirt or obstruction; to enlighten; to free from guilt, blame, etc.; to open for passage; to disentangle. V.i. To become clear and bright. N. A clear space or part.

No longer possessed of any engram, which granted at the time was impossible because they didn't have the tech to fully erase the engrams. But they could easily produce an individual who had them all "keyed-out," and wouldn't further react to them this life.

So first question, how the hell can anyone but you know for sure that you are clear? If you want to delude yourself, it should be pretty easy for anyone to piss you off and prove your lie. And if you are clear why the fuck would you care if people believed you or not? Unless you have a need to be right (SerFacs), then you would just ignore them (or say whatever to get them to leave) and just keep walking.

Second question, even if you yourself were clear, what makes you think that you would immediately recognize another clear walking next to you on the street? The definition above only speaks about your own reactive mind; it doesn't mean you can recognize when other people aren't dramatizing their own mixed up crap. Next time someone says’s their clear, how would you really know?

Third, I would put forth that being "clear" isn't really a new concept. I'm sure everyone has, at least once in their life, been walking down the street and felt no worry, no pain, no "low-toned" behavior. People are probably often clear for a few moments every day (assuming they don't have any chronic mental or physical conditions). A "Clear" would be someone who can exist in that state continuously. Many non-scientology practices claim to produce similar individuals (Buddhism), but they take longer; even meditation can eventually produce someone who can perform the same way.

What is it people expect a Clear to do? Leap tall buildings in a single bound? What makes you think a Clear would give a damn about your low-toned skepticism? We all know that people will believe what they want, and if a person wants to believe they are clear and act like it, even if the face of...opposition, then more power to them. We need more people like that. If everyone acted it an "up-tone" manner and quit whining about others, then the world would be better, with or without Scientology. And if Scientology as a whole (instead of just the top) is a problem group, then if everyone assumed the behavior of a Clear then the group would cease needing to exist.

Haters keep hating,
Believers keep believing,
And we all still die in the end.

Kremnari
/RANT

Last edited: