Greetings

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry, yes - EG = East Grinstead.

I thought I'd do a bit of a name dump to see if anyone remembers these names. Looking at these forums over the past few evenings has opened up a part of my brain with people I haven't thought about in a while ... I'll try and say whether I know if they're in or out of the "church".

Dave Shepherd and family.

The Allen family (out) - Marcus publishes the UK edition of Nexus Magazine. Children were Alex and Holly. Just remembered - mother, Robyn.

Glaziers - Neville and son Mark (out) - both went to US. Morley (out - died of cancer early 2000s). There were others - Leslie, Lawrence, Monty.

Carmen Biggs (out) and son Jason Hill - both went to Australia.

Karen and Willie Looij (out). Son Jason (went to New Zealand).

Rhoda Zeffert (in), related to Gaimans, daughter Jo Stephens (in) - active in local amateur dramatics.

Norm (?) and Vera (Veronica? V-something ...). Norm worked at Broadly Brothers - elderly couple, so may no longer be around. Might have gone to Australia, now I think about it.

Ewing family (out). Owned Daledene. Parents divorced, had two sons. Father (Robert?) went off to Clearwater with June Neale (since died?). Mother (Maggie) re-married to Morley Glazier - Maggie died of cancer mid-90s, Morley died of cancer early 2000s.

John and Noella Atack (out). Noella was lovely - still around? One amusing episode - I remember Scn distributing a leaflet to all the houses in EG with a badly photocopied picture of John saying he was a dangerous person - they'd used a marker to make his hairstyle look a little like Hitler's! Hilarious. (Every week we get a pile of leaflets through the door promoting Scn businesses, all together).

Peter Zimmatore (in?) - ran a local karate club. Went off to Japan and started his own system called Metempirics!

Brian Whitehouse (?) - another local karate teacher. Used to see him around town a lot, but not for a while - still alive?

Gaiman family (in). Anyone remember Neil Gaiman's comedy double act? Were they called Gaiman & Fipps? G&G Food Supplies still in the town. Heard Neil was in, but only so he could keep contact with family - not sure if that's just gossip.

Jasmine Dienes - had sons Zoltan and Bruce (Bruce sadly died) and another son Russell (died in a car accident). Did a book signing in EG a couple of years ago - poetry.

Cherylyn de Niederhausen (out) - married (then divorced) Imre ... went to the US. She moved to Australia, died from cancer late 90s.

Doug & Judy Guy, children Miri and Rowen (in). Ran EEA at Daledene. Saw Doug in town a few months ago, coming out of the Bluebell Café (Scn-owned). Saw on this site that Judy sadly died last year.

Rick (?) and Minty Alexander (in) - had a son (Chris) and a younger daughter. American - guess went back to US.

Stan Levee (not sure of spelling) - *think* was a Scn'ist.

Brian and Doreen Day (out?) - owned a printing business (Lambda), daughter Amanda.

Hensel family - parents were hippyish artists (David (jeweller) and Susan (painter)), had three sons, Tom, William and Laurence.

Ellis Doig - South African, had a daughter. He died of cancer (late 70s?).

Dr. Stephen Davies - alt med practitioner on Portland Road (EG), then near Harley Street (London), daughter Sophie. Russian wife (Shoura?).

Marian Shuster (in) - local singing teacher.

Di Kirby - think died of cancer, not certain! May have had a daughter called Amy Anderson (??). Getting a bit vague ...

I think that will do for now - quite a few other names coming back with no or little context attached. Haven't included my own family - if you can work out that this unique set of people all knew one missing family then you can work out who I am - now there's a challenge for any Scn spies! :)

Hmmm, don’t know most of the people that you mentioned, apart from:

David Shepherd left the SO, he came round my house over a decade ago, selling stuff (non Scio-related). I seem to recall his (ex?) wife, Heather still being on staff, but I could be wrong. I was on the EPF with his daughter, Clare (Claire?). She was in Gold UK for a while but later left and started a family. Last saw her at St Hill about 7/8 years ago.

I remember Peter Zimmatore giving a Dianetic seminar years ago. Surprised to hear that he is out.

According to a BBC interview, Neil Gaiman is no longer a Scientologist (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10502324 – 4:18), but I think he maintains contact with his family. I suppose you heard that his father, David died a couple of years ago?. Sheila is still active in the cult, doing stuff for one of the front groups.

Very sad about Judy. Actually, the last time I saw Doug was probably outside Bluebells. This is the ‘in’ place for Scns to meet, apparently.

I got audited by Marion a couple of times. Didn’t get on well. One time I got the EP of the process and she refused to acknowledge it and carried on with the process (‘Look at that wall etc’). When I protested, she grabbed my head and attempted to make me look at the effing wall. Didn’t go down too well. :no:

For some reason, I didn’t mix very much with the local Scn public. And now, I seem to have mentally blocked out most of the ones that I did know. I might have a think and see if I can remember some.

Amusingly, I have met more public since I left. There are a lot more 'out' than the cult realises - many are keeping their heads down, but are definitely not going back.

Axiom142

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Sorry, yes - EG = East Grinstead.

I thought I'd do a bit of a name dump to see if anyone remembers these names.

I know most of those names and can put a face to about half of them. But I haven't kept track of them at all, and couldn't give info on their current status (apart from a few).

Stan Levy:
Sugar castles in the air
(I forget the next line)
Stan Stan the baker man
Makes a cake like no-one can

I can't remember why I wrote that poem about him. He wasn't a friend at all, although I remember his face.

Paul

hollybush

Patron
David Shepherd left the SO, he came round my house over a decade ago, selling stuff (non Scio-related). I seem to recall his (ex?) wife, Heather still being on staff, but I could be wrong. I was on the EPF with his daughter, Clare (Claire?). She was in Gold UK for a while but later left and started a family. Last saw her at St Hill about 7/8 years ago.

You've just reminded me - David Shephard turned at my house about 2 years ago - I saw him coming down the drive and got my wife to answer the door. He said he was looking for no.38 - which was a few doors down - with its number on the door!. Very odd. I heard another story about him being part of a group who beat someone up who was leaving Scn, at St. Hill, back in the 80s - might be completely untrue though.

I remember Peter Zimmatore giving a Dianetic seminar years ago. Surprised to hear that he is out.

Actually I thought Peter Z was still in, just moved to Japan - but I don't know for sure. Check this out from 2008.

According to a BBC interview, Neil Gaiman is no longer a Scientologist (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10502324 – 4:18), but I think he maintains contact with his family. I suppose you heard that his father, David died a couple of years ago?. Sheila is still active in the cult, doing stuff for one of the front groups.

Yes, I did hear about David. I don't know the truth about Neil, but it wouldn't surprise me that he denies involvement publicly.

All best - hb

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
Stephen Davies left Sci early 80s and was declared. Shoura also left. They are divorced. Stephen lives in Australia last I heard.

Doug Guy is still in I heard. Miri Guy also and is married to Mark McQuade who teaches at the Sci school.

still here

Patron with Honors
Oh that brought me back!

Brenda Mc Quade? - who I really liked...does anyone know what happened to her? (We once shared an office - well, a little shed..)

hollybush

Patron
Here's another name - Rocky Elliott. Does anyone recognise it?

When my family phased out of Scn several attempts were made to get us back in, including people turning up on our doorstep and not leaving for almost an hour and daily late-night phone calls. Very often the phone calls came from someone called Rocky Elliott - I think he had an American accent - I've always wondered whether that was a real name, or a pseudonym.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh that brought me back!

Brenda Mc Quade? - who I really liked...does anyone know what happened to her? (We once shared an office - well, a little shed..)

Brenda is still around. She is working in the cult-run tutoring centre / nursery in EG.

Axiom142

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Brenda is still around. She is working in the cult-run tutoring centre / nursery in EG.

Axiom142

I used to fancy Brenda 30 years ago. Another masterpiece (ahem) from that time period:

Oh Brenda, Brenda
What a joy to upend her!
Alas, she is wedded
And cannot be bedded.

Shame.

Paul