ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Group Hypnosis, Agreement, Definition of reality, A = A =A

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by xemnu, Aug 28, 2013.

1. xemnu

xemnu Patron with Honors

I made a major realization.
    Hubbard bragged about being a good hypnotist. He even claimed he could do group hypnosis and one hypnotized a full room of psychs. He said that in a number of lectures but although he alluded to the method he never told it. One day I found the holy grail, a lecture in which he explained how to do group hypnosis.

He said it's a matter of agreement. You get the assembly to agree with one thing, then a second one, etc and you get them to a point where they agree with everything you say.

I thought about that long and hard. In Scientology they redefine reality as agreement (already made some observations related to that ina few places including here http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...n-t-written-it-isn-t-true&p=837619#post837619).
    Hubbard famously pretends that Scn isn't dogmatic because, "what is true is only what is true for you." He says to the new person to find something that they agree with and then, "THAT is true (for you)". That's the first agreement. And then you're supposed to read more Scn and repeat the operation. Second agreement. Etc. Further you're not allowed to have any disagreements. If you have, they're resolved through word clearing or sec checks. Until we come to the point where you ask a devoted Scnist if there are any parts of Scn they disagree with and they can't find any. They have been hypnotized.

What Hubbard does is he's using the A = A = A of DMSMH to implant or lay in a command in Scientologists. And he does that solely with language (and corrective measures or brutal sec checks only as needed)

You agree with this part here = so it's true; it isn't written = it isn't true; it's written by LRH = it's true; it works? = it's true; it didn't work? = it wasn't correctly applied; it didn't work? = the person had MUs or O/Ws; etc, etc.
    There are also the Codes you have to agree with (Scientologist, Auditor, Integrity... How many those are there?) and KSW (http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?2986-10-Points-of-KSW&p=837150&viewfull=1#post837150)

This is hard to see because it comes from a cumulative effect of reading many texts.
    It would be hard to demonstrate that "this text is responsible for brainwashing the person." No, it's the cumulative effect and that makes it hard to demonstrate to authorities.

Looking at the materials from the early 50s and those from the 60s, I see a stark difference. Some early ones seem aligned with the aim of making better people (couldn't find anything wrong with the Factors just now which I reviewed for this post: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?32636-Former-Scientologist&p=838963#post838963)

Hubbard admitted this difference. He claimed that the early ones up to the Factors were OT research while the rest was an undercut. And his view of "aberrated people" is that you have to give them straight commands (registrars and sales personnel are familiar with this datum) because their reactive mind will prevent them from going toward freedom. The latter is a magnitudinous fail on granting beingness. Talking for myself, the early part (the books) had much more appeal than the rest (HCOBs and PLs)

These observations lead me to a new hypothesis: rather than assuming Hubbard was evil intentioned, my new hypothesis is that he was schizophrenic. He followed different and even opposed aims.

Statements about body thetans infestation tends to bear out this new hypothesis.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I think that's a profound insight, thanks for that!

3. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

[​IMG]

obligationatary post, shilling for Lerma

[​IMG]

4. In present time

In present time Gold Meritorious Patron

thanks xemnu, i really enjoy your well thought out posts!

5. iHateDuplicity

iHateDuplicity Patron with Honors

Definitely agree with you completely in the insidious and creeping way the cult gets you hypnotized through the point of agreement/disagreement until there is nothing in it that you can disagree with and you are thus fully "on board".

6. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

7. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

obligationatary

What a word!

Google it!

8. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

I was channeling Hubbard

9. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes. And the excessive use of slang / jargon, and the redefinition of common terms is another part of this package. Perception is not reality as my Advertising prof used to claim, but limited perception does limit the amount of reality you experience.

10. Caroline

Caroline Patron Meritorious

Interesting thread and OP, thank you!

Hubbard may have clarified this point, in a 1951 lecture:

In 1945, Hubbard was at Oak Knoll Naval Hospital reportedly doing "Dianetics research" on POWs. The following year, Hubbard performed the infamous Babalon Working and came into possession of the highest secrets of the OTO. The Magickal Revival by Kenneth Grant.

From the famous Breckenridge Decision in Scientology v. Armstrong:

Dr. Stephen Kent's 2008 paper, "Malignant Narcissism, L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology's Policies of Narcissistic Rage" may also be helpful.

11. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

good job explaining this. It took me years to see this. The getting a room full of nodding heads technique, is a key salesmanship technique.

And I have recently learned an expensive lesson, that there is no difference dealing with a schizophrenic and dealing with scientology, and the control mechanisms, techniques, and projection, are identical in nature and debilitating effects.

You might get something more out of my posts on this subject. I have been trying to explain this for years, and though I feel I'm getting better at it, you seem to have a very good grasp of it, and for me, now, my $cn involvement was decades ago. LINK LINK
    And see links from essential reading thread re hypnosis -especially Salter..

I would recommend you keep going, and explain more, because you are good at it.

12. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

That's because Hubbard was schizophrenic, or something very closely akin to it, with paranoia and anxiety disorder baked into the mix, and quite possibly biploar as well. Scientology is mentally ill because its founder was mentally ill.

13. haaaaa

haaaaa welcome

in algebra a does equal a ... so a = a is correct and a=a=a=a is also correct and in computer science a==a ... so I don't see the problem here.
    theta.png