What's new

Growing Up in Sciientology: Mike Rinder & Aaron Smith-Levin

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
[video=youtube;CgIrVwkJNzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgIrVwkJNzg[/video]

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mike Rinder mentioned the Tours Org, which was part of FOLO in the mid-70's.

I was the C.O. Tours for FOLO EUS around '73-74.

Kate Bornstein was my immediate senior.

The Tours Org served the function of a glorified Sea Org Registrar, designed to siphon FSM commissions to support FOLO.

I was sent on reg "missions" all over the EUS and Canada.

One time, though, when things were slow, I was sent on a "mission" to buy a turkey.

It may have been when Hubbard was holed up in Queens, NY with Jim Dincalci.

I was sent to one of these "Purveyors of Fine Meats and Poultry" to buy a 'money is no object, fresh, organic, free-range Turkey...
for the Commodore.

What a singular honor I had been chosen for!

To provide mankind's best friend with sustenance!

Yet somehow, I was able to obscure the fact that the S.O. staff at FOLO, myself included, were subsisting
primarily on PB & J sandwiches and powdered milk.

That's how it was.

Anonymous1

Wow its interesting how the kids that grew up in the sea org all have the same idea, thats its inevitable that they will be sea org members too. Brainwashing works for the cult for sure, messing with our minds before we can even talk. Like what they did with us, shipping us off to flag and PAC at the ages of 12-14 with no choice in the matter we're just excpected to join and not say anything.

Gib

Crusader
good vid. It's nice to hear some of Mike's background. Aaron cracks me up, he's a smart dude.

Aaron explains perfectly the sublime moment towards the end when he gets confirmation that he has been accepted to train at Flag. He's like WOW WOW WOW, drops everything and flies to Flag. Of course Flag also builds up this sublime: Flag is the most friendliest place on the earth, the mecca of technical perfection in scientology, the place where OT's are made, WOW WOW WOW, Flag accepted me.

I had similar experience when I decided to join staff in another state. Sold everything and traveled across the USA to join the winning team. The winning team was to turn into a celebrity center, helping celebrities in the city to become clear. WOW, WOW, WOW. I could now have status, purpose, something greater, something awesome.

I too had not received a lot of auditing like Aaron, I actually was only purif comp, but had read all the books and lectures at the time.

I reckon it's the same sublime moment when one gets accepted to do the OT levels, eligibility, I imagine one feels like I'm "clear" (implied confirmation), I have my ethics in, I'm about to begin the OT levels, WOW, WOW, WOW.

http://sensesofcinema.com/2000/philosophy-criticism-film/sublime/

"The it that each of these theorists is referring to is that indefinable moment in modern life or art when sensation consumes the spectator with an overwhelming and indescribably profound intensity. The overriding effect of this experience is the inability to verbalise or rationalise the encounter with any certitude. The sublime moment is individual, personal, and subjective, suggesting that it cannot be defined absolutely or resolved conclusively. The theorists who try to talk about it concede to merely ‘pointing’ at something which they cannot categorically argue even exists. Some commentators tend to apply properties to the sublime moment in an attempt to offer tangible insights into moments that at once seem both empty of understanding yet full of emotion."

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
VIDEO: Growing up in Scientology: Aaron Smith Levin and Mike Rinder - Part 5.

[video=youtube;lHc3XEVFnm4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHc3XEVFnm4[/video]

Published on Nov 24, 2016

In Part 5 of this interview Mike Rinder and Aaron Smith-Levin take turns discussing how they were taught to think about various subjects while growing up in Scientology.

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
VIDEO: Scientology Wants Grandma to Die?, by Aaron Smith-Levin

VIDEO: Scientology Wants Grandma to Die?, by Aaron Smith-Levin

[video=youtube;674xQHN438Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=674xQHN438Y[/video]