What's new

Guess I'm not 'done'...

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

We're all here for different reasons and many of us didn't join in the first place to become 'done' (lol) ...

:no:

I joined because I laughed so much every time I lurked (for 8 or 9 months) that I couldn't resist becoming a part of it all ... I was spending time (as a lurker) yelling hysterically funny answers to people that felt like friends (well, you know ... I thought they were funny) and they were just bouncing off the computer screen!

:confused2:

I certainly didn't join ESMB to "go clear of scientology"
... I still use bits of it now and then and probably will for the rest of my life, but I was done with corporate scientology decades ago, I just didn't admit it (even to myself) until fairly recently.

My main objection to scientology (and the offshoots from it) is their unbridled determination to 'recruit, spread the word and disseminate' the insanity, but coming here to laugh at it all was my original intention and as long as I can still do that I will ... IOW I don't want to be 'done' ... but I'm doing loads of other fantastic things at the same time and loving having the mental and spiritual freedom to do them.

:happydance:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
... I still use bits of it now and then and probably will for the rest of my life, but I was done with corporate scientology decades ago, I just didn't admit it (even to myself) until fairly recently.

Priceless.

Not to mention that Ex Scientologists are NOT the only group of people with issues going forward in their lives about their former "group". Keep your chin up, everyone! :thumbsup:

426234_113894522068206_106694036121588_12297_29056702_n.jpg

Not to pick on them as a group, I have friends who are totally satisfied to be members...but others are still recovering from their "group" experience.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
For Emma:

I think I did understand your intent, and I guess it sounded like I misconstrued it...

My main point is that this place has just been wonderful for me. Those of us healing had the luxury of coming and going as we needed. Fighting when we were able, and walking away when we were tired. I don't know where I'd be without it.

You created and maintained this place. As such, it had to be part of your life-- I have had months where I've walked away and been immersed in school and the theatre, and it's so obvious the cult had little effect on me during those times.

Other times, it creeps back in, and I pull out threads of lies woven by the church into my psyche, that were buried and I missed that still seem to affect me. It's stages of "done". I feel bad some times that I have been able to walk away and get on with life--and you have still had to be immersed--no matter how rewarding, or horrible it might be to you.

It's amazingly brilliant to have times when the cult is simply no longer on my horizon, although the shadows lurk. My son and I who are out are looking at my ex and my son who are still in and now looking again at what we can do. But, we had to take time out and get on with our lives, without dealing with the cult day after day. I guess, I just want you to have that.

There is so much more to each of us than being an "ex", even though it might (for many of us) have permeated every fiber of our being. I guess that was what I was trying to say. That you have worked so tirelessly and helped so many, and that I hope that there is a way that you can have a life without all of this, for a while, or forever, and that there will still be a place and people to catch others as they fall out of the delusion of this evil cult.

You have my eternal heartfelt thanks...

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
But, we had to take time out and get on with our lives, without dealing with the cult day after day. I guess, I just want you to have that.

What she said.

Totally. Absolutely.

Emma, I've often felt guilty that you have financed, in so many ways, the lounge I could stop into any time I wanted, then left when I felt like it.

Where you had to clean up the spilled drinks and wipe down the bar after hours.

It's time you were free to stop in when you felt like it and leave when you wanted to.

God knows you have earned it.

Dilettante

Patron Meritorious
What she said.

Totally. Absolutely.

Emma, I've often felt guilty that you have financed, in so many ways, the lounge I could stop into any time I wanted, then left when I felt like it.

Where you had to clean up the spilled drinks and wipe down the bar after hours.

It's time you were free to stop in when you felt like it and leave when you wanted to.

God knows you have earned it.

:happydance::happydance::happydance:Clamicide :happydance::happydance::happydance:
So great to see you again!!!
I'm not trying to stir shit up BUT. Lulu Belle put it waaaaay better than Clami. :biggrin: