What's new

Hallucinating OTs

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Like some recipients of Dianetics auditing, OTs also hallucinate, although for a different reason -- they are told in advance what to expect when they go through the OT TRs. This mind-bending phenomenon is called “preconditioning”. People susceptible to preconditioning can create vivid hallucinations in themselves by convincing themselves that hallucinatory images they are about to see represent real events from their past, including their past lives.
Details of a hallucination are not important as long as OTs are having roughly the same illusory mental pictures. For example, an OT could see 5 volcanoes exploding, while his peer could observe 7 volcanoes spewing out lava -- from CoS perspective, they both are doing fine because they are recalling real events from their tracks. Of course, if an OT sees Hubbard taking shit instead of seeing Xenu’s spaceships landing on Earth, then he has a withhold and must resolve the issue until further trips to higher OT levels.
Some time ago I read an article about preconditioning (this article has nothing to do with Scientology). According to the authors, only 10% of the mankind are susceptible to preconditioning. This explains why the number of OTs is so small -- 90% of Scientologists cannot be preconditioned.
This is my advice to the active Scientologists -- there is 90% chance that you won’t make it even to OT 1 level, there is no reason to waste your money on this crap.
This is what happens to the OT wannabes -- they are told that they have a withhold and because of it they cannot proceed to OT 1 stage. Because of that withhold they are declared PTS and receive additional auditing. That does not help a bit, and in the end they are declared SP. The selection procedure works perfectly -- on a paper, everyone becomes an OT provided he/she does not have a withhold. Vast majority of the former Church members who think that they were unfairly declared an SP are the ones who could not be subjected to OT auditing.
According to the “Hubbard doctrine” anyone can become an OT, But if there were too many “OT rejects” hanging around the Church, many of its members would suspect that Hubbard was a talking head who could not deliver what he promised.
There are exceptions from this rule, as usual -- rich CoS members who give sizeable donations to the Church are told that they can work on their withholds as long as it takes. “Just take it easy, do not try to overstress yourself while digging for a withhold”, they hear from DM.

MY FRIEND’S DELUSIONS.

Janet (this is not her real name) was an OT 3. During the day Janet was all right, but after the nightfall she was often talking nonsense. One day she told me that she was seeing Hitler’s thetan in the bushes. “What he is doing there?”, I asked. “He is being punished”, she said. “What is his punishment?”, I asked. “He cannot move, he is stuck in the bushes forever”, she said. I did not want to invalidate her, so I did my best to switch the topic. (By the way, the word “validate” does not apply to people, it applies to inanimate objects such as documents, etc -- Hubbard’s knowledge of English was awful).
The other evening I had the weirdest conversation in my life with Janet. “There is a thetan sitting at the tree branch”, she said. “What he is doing there?”, I said.
“I do not know, but I can move him closer.”
“Where he is now?”
“He is 3 feet away from you. I can talk to him on your behalf”
“Ask him why he is here”
“He is in hiding, he destroyed a human race on his planet”
“Does he know who I am?”
“He does not know and he does not care. He wants to kill you”
“Why he cannot kill me?”
“He is in a force triangle, he cannot move, but I can move his triangle”

Looking back, I do not think she was talking about Xenu -- it is nowhere said that he is hiding in Los Angeles. Besides, he is in electronic trap, not in a mysterious force triangle.

TREATMENT OF CELEBRITIES.

The last thing CoS want is Tom Cruise talking to thetans during filming of a movie. To prevent this from happening they do not subject celebrities to preconditioning before sending them on OT trip. Celebrity OT auditing is very different from the one that mere mortals undergo. So, when a celebrity is telling journalists that OT auditing does not make him hallucinate, he is telling the TRUTH.
During OT auditing celebrities are not told in advance what they are supposed to see, they are just guided through the useless TRs, so they see nothing. After the TRs are over, they are told that their implants have been weakened (I do not remember the exact terminology, and I do not care), and after that the auditor gives them Xenu data to read. That’s all, no preconditioned hallucinations for Hollywood gods.

P.S. I do not know for sure what kind of OT auditing the Freezone auditors use. My educated guess is that they use the Scientology celebrity auditing -- the clients burn their money, but at least they do not hallucinate.

----------------------------

Ex-scientologists do not believe that implants exist (Hubbard invented them because he was an idiot!), so they can skip this post. But active Scientologists may want to know why it is impossible, in principle, to have implants.
An “implant” is another word for “posthypnotic suggestion” (remember, those poor thetans were subjected to some kind of hypnotic procedure). For the reason of brevity I will call posthypnotic suggestion “PS”.
This is an example of PS - a person under hypnosis is told by a hypnotist that after awakening every time he hears a bell ring he will raise his right hand. Indeed, the procedure works -- a bell ring causes a person to raise his right hand. But it happens 2 or 3 times, and after that PS wears off -- which is a medical fact. PS lasts for a brief period of time. There is a good explanation of that -- as soon as person notices that he is acting strange, he modifies his behavior, and PS goes away because it is inferior to the freedom of choice.
For the same reason PS cannot change person’s behavior to such degree that he commits suicide, or follows a religion that a hypnotist had chosen for him -- there is always freedom of choice. Whether this free choice came as a result of evolution or was given by God is debatable, but one thing is for sure -- it is a scientific fact that people choose their own course of action, no one, even Xenu with his implants can make a choice for them.
There is another difficulty with Hubbard-style PS’ -- there is no videotaped evidence that the thetans were hypnotized. In contrast, hypnotists videotape all their sessions, so they could present the evidence of what happens when people are subjected to hypnotic procedures. Science is based on facts, not on suppositions of something that may or may not have happened. Hubbard was an imbecile who could not possibly grasp the meaning of valid scientific procedures, so he produced unbelievable amount of totally unscientific crap.

MORE EXAMPLES OF OT HALLUCINATIONS.

have also known OTs that spoke to disembodied thetans, one case involved a naughty thetan hiding in woodland making sure that nobody discovered the body of the girl he had buried there in his previous life, apparently the OT told this thetan about scientology (telepathically of course) and told him (notice the thetan had sexual identity) to go find a new body and get into scientology. Of course he didn't bother to dig up the body as this would have proved the whole thing an elaborate hallucination as there was in all probability no body there to be found.

Another girl was walking by a hospital when she got that "someone just walked over my grave" sensation, the OT she was with said that a woman had just died (dropped her body) and was clinging on to her in a state of great fear and confusion. The OT pretended to communicate for a few seconds, then said, "It's ok, she's gone now."

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
its the same in hypnosis.
Only a certain amount of people will be able to be put under hypnosis.
This is why at shows in theatres they select a certain few after doing some simple tests with putting their arm up and then apprently not being able to lower it again etc.
The hypnotist sees who he can influence and who not.
It will be similar with OT's, only the realy gullible and willing will be advance, people who don't put up a fight toward being brainwashed.

Hubbards son ' Nibs' even said that $cientolgy and Dianetcs was about NOT evaluating for a person in the beginning, but when the OT levels came out, what had happened on the 'whole track' had ben discovered by his father so was then all out mutual 'past'.
That is evaluating if you ask me.:yes:

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
The first preconditioning happens during TR-0. Most people hallucinate during those staring contests, and this opens the door to heavy indoctrination. But it's definitely possible that the OTs have to even more malleable. I don't know.

Where are those stories from? Your own experience?

Welcome, Dee! :) Glad that you joined us here!

So sorry to hear that your friend is delusional. If your friend has authority over children please contact DCFS:

http://lacdcfs.org/contactus/childabuse.html

Los Angeles County -
Report Child Abuse

To report child abuse in Los Angeles County, California, contact the Child Protection Hotline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

* Toll-free within California, phone (800) 540-4000
* If calling from outside of California, phone (213) 639-4500
* TDD [Hearing Impaired] (800) 272-6699

The purpose and mission of the Child Protection Hotline (CPH) is:

* To act as the central point of entry for calls to DCFS regarding the possible abuse and/or neglect of children.
* To receive calls of abuse and neglect involving children and assess the level of endangerment.
* To obtain factual information regarding a specific incident and generate a referral for investigation, if appropriate.
* To document and transmit all referrals of child endangerment to the appropriate office, timely.
* To ensure child safety and protection.

During the evening, at night, on weekends and on holidays CPH will forward the referral to the DCFS Emergency Response Command Post to provide protective services to children in life threatening situations. At ERCP, Children's Social Workers (CSWs) are on duty 24 hours to immediately investigate calls of abuse and neglect. Supervisors are also on duty for case consultations and supervision to the CSWs in the field.

Situations that require an immediate in-person assessment are quickly assigned to the ERCP."

Or if your friend is responsible for any other dependent adult (elderly, disabled) you might want to call Adult Protective Services and make a report, for their own good, and to protect everyone involved with them. You can make it anonymously.

http://css.lacounty.gov/aps.aspx

"Adult Protective Services

Mandated by the State of California, Adult Protective Services (APS) is a 24-hour service program designed to investigate all reported at-risk situations without regard to income involving individuals 65 or older and dependent adults (18-64 who are physically or mentally impaired). Types of referrals include physical, sexual or financial abuse, isolation, neglect, or self-neglect. Referrals are received through the Elder Abuse Hotline or from other entities.

Once the report is filed, the APS Social Workers make face-to-face contact with the abused, neglected or exploited person to investigate and assess the situation. An appropriate case plan is developed, working with outside agencies such as the local Senior Center, law enforcement, the Alzheimer’s Association or the Department of Consumer Affairs, coordinating with Department of Mental Health, Public Guardian, law enforcement or the District Attorney.

Regardless of personal and family circumstances, there may be a situation in life that requires the services of Adult Protective Services to address life’s challenges. It may be as simple as providing guidance to a stressed spouse who is no longer able to care for a terminally ill loved one, or as complicated as intervening in the life of a mentally incompetent senior who is being financially robbed by supposedly trusted caretakers.

Click here... For Adult Protective Service Information

For information contact:
Phone: (877) 4-R-Seniors

Phone: (877) 477-3646

If calling from outside California, please call (213) 351-5401"

Or to get potential help and referrals for your friend, just dial 311 for information about connecting them with help, or getting other social services, such as counseling or medical help, for your friend.

That goes for anyone who knows someone at risk due to being delusional. Make an effort to get them some help. Scientology processing does not help them, it's what made them sick in the first place.

Last edited:
The first preconditioning happens during TR-0. Most people hallucinate during those staring contests, and this opens the door to heavy indoctrination. But it's definitely possible that the OTs have to even more malleable. I don't know.

The preconditioning before TRO (and OTTRO) is information about how you are a "Thetan" not your body, not your name.....etc. You even get to see a little drawing of it. They may have a fancy video rendition of it these days. And so...in you go to do the TRs, as a "Thetan"......

Mystic

Crusader
The really cute hallucination: A Scientology/Dianetic so-called (by L. Ron Hubbard :grouch:) "cognition".

I walked around one time for 3 months with a "floating TA".

So what?

That and any other hallucination will get you another hallucination.

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
The preconditioning before TRO (and OTTRO) is information about how you are a "Thetan" not your body, not your name.....etc. You even get to see a little drawing of it. They may have a fancy video rendition of it these days. And so...in you go to do the TRs, as a "Thetan"......

The "major stable win" that I experienced on OTTRO was very, very similar to
an experience I had while stoned out of my gourd a few years prior to the MSW.
This bit of insight didn't dawn on me until a few minutes ago. :hmm:
What amazes me is the clarity with which I can recall that major stable win and
the stoned experience, both of which are 30+ years ago. Am I hallucinating
both of these incidents ?

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Demented LRH said:
Hubbard’s knowledge of English was awful

Welcome to the board Demented LRH, thanks for your thoughts on the hypnotic nature of scn.

IMO Hubbard's awful English is selected for maximum ability to deceive and manipulate.

Hope your friend gets liberated and deliverance from scn hypnosis.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Welcome, Dee! :) Glad that you joined us here!

So sorry to hear that your friend is delusional. If your friend has authority over children please contact DCFS:

http://lacdcfs.org/contactus/childabuse.html

Los Angeles County -
Report Child Abuse

To report child abuse in Los Angeles County, California, contact the Child Protection Hotline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

* Toll-free within California, phone (800) 540-4000
* If calling from outside of California, phone (213) 639-4500
* TDD [Hearing Impaired] (800) 272-6699

The purpose and mission of the Child Protection Hotline (CPH) is:

* To act as the central point of entry for calls to DCFS regarding the possible abuse and/or neglect of children.
* To receive calls of abuse and neglect involving children and assess the level of endangerment.
* To obtain factual information regarding a specific incident and generate a referral for investigation, if appropriate.
* To document and transmit all referrals of child endangerment to the appropriate office, timely.
* To ensure child safety and protection.

During the evening, at night, on weekends and on holidays CPH will forward the referral to the DCFS Emergency Response Command Post to provide protective services to children in life threatening situations. At ERCP, Children's Social Workers (CSWs) are on duty 24 hours to immediately investigate calls of abuse and neglect. Supervisors are also on duty for case consultations and supervision to the CSWs in the field.

Situations that require an immediate in-person assessment are quickly assigned to the ERCP."

Or if your friend is responsible for any other dependent adult (elderly, disabled) you might want to call Adult Protective Services and make a report, for their own good, and to protect everyone involved with them. You can make it anonymously.

http://css.lacounty.gov/aps.aspx

"Adult Protective Services

Mandated by the State of California, Adult Protective Services (APS) is a 24-hour service program designed to investigate all reported at-risk situations without regard to income involving individuals 65 or older and dependent adults (18-64 who are physically or mentally impaired). Types of referrals include physical, sexual or financial abuse, isolation, neglect, or self-neglect. Referrals are received through the Elder Abuse Hotline or from other entities.

Once the report is filed, the APS Social Workers make face-to-face contact with the abused, neglected or exploited person to investigate and assess the situation. An appropriate case plan is developed, working with outside agencies such as the local Senior Center, law enforcement, the Alzheimer’s Association or the Department of Consumer Affairs, coordinating with Department of Mental Health, Public Guardian, law enforcement or the District Attorney.

Regardless of personal and family circumstances, there may be a situation in life that requires the services of Adult Protective Services to address life’s challenges. It may be as simple as providing guidance to a stressed spouse who is no longer able to care for a terminally ill loved one, or as complicated as intervening in the life of a mentally incompetent senior who is being financially robbed by supposedly trusted caretakers.

Click here... For Adult Protective Service Information

For information contact:
Phone: (877) 4-R-Seniors

Phone: (877) 477-3646

If calling from outside California, please call (213) 351-5401"

Or to get potential help and referrals for your friend, just dial 311 for information about connecting them with help, or getting other social services, such as counseling or medical help, for your friend.

That goes for anyone who knows someone at risk due to being delusional. Make an effort to get them some help. Scientology processing does not help them, it's what made them sick in the first place.
Thank you for the warm welcome.
I saw my friend for the last time long ago before I moved from LA to NYC. She was not married at that time.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Welcome to the board Demented LRH, thanks for your thoughts on the hypnotic nature of scn.

IMO Hubbard's awful English is selected for maximum ability to deceive and manipulate.

Hope your friend gets liberated and deliverance from scn hypnosis.
Thank you for the welcoming note!

Hi Moosey! :)

I would say no, you are not hallucinating these two experiences, but that they both put you into an "altered state of consciousness" :biggrin: and thus were pretty memorable to you! :)

It's a good insight you had, about the similarity of the experiences... :thumbsup:

smartone

My Own Boss

I used to hate doing TR-0 because my twin's face would turn into a twisted, ugly monster every time.

The day I passed TR-0 at Saint Hill was while the castle was being built and some rooms were without electric light. I twinned with an African guy and could only see his eyes in the darkened room.

Thank you for the warm welcome.
I saw my friend for the last time long ago before I moved from LA to NYC. She was not married at that time.

Sorry, Dee....I misunderstood and thought this was happening more in present time, not the past.

I also hope your friend is out now. I will leave the information up there as it may in some way help someone else in Los Angeles County, either now or in the future...:)

Love to all the Lurkers!!! :thumbsup:

scout77

SweetnessandLight,
you recognized what was happening to her friend and thank you for providing the information. i hate this cult and any basturd offspring. lrh got what he deserved, 51/50. may you rot in hell.

Welcome, Scout 77, and thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad you joined us here, and I understand your anger at the cult and it's creator, as do many others here!

Welcome aboard! :)

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
I used to hate doing TR-0 because my twin's face would turn into a twisted, ugly monster every time.

The day I passed TR-0 at Saint Hill was while the castle was being built and some rooms were without electric light. I twinned with an African guy and could only see his eyes in the darkened room.

It was hard to keep from just plain laughing at times due to some of the twisted, distorted, ugly monsters that my twin became. :lol:

apocalyptic

Patron with Honors

Yes. Yes you are.

Not to worry though. As the entirety of humanity shares in your secret (albeit unwittingly) subjective fantasia.

Hubbard made millions in the exploitation of it.

Apocalyptic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucination

our twist on the technical definition of hallucination is that thought is necessarily objective to the thinker of it, and is thus, by definition, hallucination.

Last edited: