What's new

Happy 22nd Birthday to my son Jake Leistra. I miss you son.

GStoner42

My son Jake disconnected from me 5 years ago this summer. I miss him dearly and have no way to reach him. If anyone knows him and communicates with him, please pass on the message. I know he was dating Gerhardt Waterkamp's daughter last year. If anyone has any information on him, I would be grateful if you could share it.

Greg Stoner

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm so sorry for you.

Welcome to ESMB though - hopefully we'll be able to get you an update on your son.

What's his status (SO, staff, public)?

Purple Rain

Crusader
My son Jake disconnected from me 5 years ago this summer. I miss him dearly and have no way to reach him. If anyone knows him and communicates with him, please pass on the message. I know he was dating Gerhardt Waterkamp's daughter last year. If anyone has any information on him, I would be grateful if you could share it.

Greg Stoner

What a terribly sad time for you. I do hope somebody here has some recent news about your son. My sister once told me that on average people burn out in Scientology at between five and seven years, so maybe this awful thing is nearly over. Let's hope so.

GStoner42

I'm so sorry for you.

Welcome to ESMB though - hopefully we'll be able to get you an update on your son.

What's his status (SO, staff, public)?

Not Ok,
I don't know his status. I don't believe he is staff or SO. I don't even know how active he is anymore. He went to Delphi in Oregon and graduated from there in 2008.
His mom is in and I know he is a believer, but I'm not sure if he is on course or not. I don't know that he can afford it.
Thanks for the comment.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not Ok,
I don't know his status. I don't believe he is staff or SO. I don't even know how active he is anymore. He went to Delphi in Oregon and graduated from there in 2008.
His mom is in and I know he is a believer, but I'm not sure if he is on course or not. I don't know that he can afford it.
Thanks for the comment.
i can only imagine how painful this is for you g. but for the grace of... something, the same thing would have happened to me, with two daughters born of scns.
there are some really clever people on this board, maybe we could find your son. i hope so.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Not Ok,
Thanks for the comment.
Here is your son https://www.facebook.com/jacobleistra
Started school at UCLA in 2011 as a student of Political Science and left in 2013. He listes his
Networks as UCLA, Los Rios Colleges, The Delphian School, No other info on him is available to non-friends.

In order to see his profile, you may have to start an account & sign in. He is not showing much content to the public for privacy purposes - his FB account did not come up on a Google search but it did show up on facebook after I signed in there and searched his name. If nothing comes up at Facebook search after you have signed in, then he could have you blocked. If you can see his profile after signing in, click his name and you can then can send him private message. I would wait to see the response before deciding to send him a friend request.

Additional information
Your son is mentioned in this article about 4/5th the way down. It seems to be older information but posted on the internet Aug 2012.

He is mentioned in what I feel is a derogatory manner because he allowed his step father and the church to sway him from remaining in contact the author's daughter and the parents who seemed to like and care for him very much until this happened. But I think the author was upset for his daughter at the time he wrote this... The daughter is apparently your son's former girlfriend.

The story may have you spinning because of all the scientology slang, jargon and abbreviations used. Just go look for the comments about him, which starts just below this paragraph / sentence,
"Now get this, when Sandee was asked for more information this is the response:"
(meaning the authors were then trying to resolve issues they had with the church to no avail...)

Here is the link:
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/tag/sabine-waterkamp/

Perhaps Sabine and Gerhard Waterkamp can provide you with more information. Here is Sabines Business contact informtion
ACSLA Inc
Office: ACSLA Inc.
10451 Mary Bell Avenue
Shadow Hills, CA 91040
Tel: 1(800)898-2110 or
Tel: 1(818)951-7351
Fax: (818)951-7352
http://www.acsla.us/contact-us/

It's definitely the right Sabine.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sabine-waterkamp/19/322/1a7
http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Shadow-Hills/gerhard-waterkamp/43638473.aspx

I can do a more in depth search if you PM me his mother's name(s) and what state you all lived in. I am presuming the Waterman's met your son in OR or CA... A home state to start with would help

Best wishes,

Mary McConnell

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Greg Stoner

I'm in the same position, 5 years or so of disconnection, only I do get news now and then. It's awful on such a deep level, you are not alone. I hope this all ends very soon.
:rose:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
I despise the Scientology cult for what it does to families.

Hubbardism can't end soon enough.

AutOmatic

Patron

Greg Stoner

This breaks my heart man, I have a two year old son myself and would not know what I would do if he "disconnected" from me due to the COS...warm thoughts to you, and I truly hope that he reconnects with you soon!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I'm in the same position, 5 years or so of disconnection, only I do get news now and then. It's awful on such a deep level, you are not alone. I hope this all ends very soon.
:rose:

True, and the cut is so deep that I sometimes doubt if it could ever be fully healed now.

It isn't the 'fault' of those that disconnected (from us) ... but it certainly is the fault of hubbards evil tek and (usually) some nasty people that benefit by encouraging disconnection.

GStoner42 ... I'm glad you found us and hope we can help you to feel better about your awful loss, this board has helped so many of us to keep going and perhaps reinvent our lives after losing people that we rightly once assumed would always be there.

:yes:

Adiren

Patron
Happy father’s day to you.

I bet that 22 years ago it was one of the most important days in your life. Your son may be away physically but I’m sure he is very close in your heart. Hold on to it and one day you’ll be able to tell him how much you love him.

Celebrate this day as you deserve, as a parent.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Thank you Adiren for saying my thoughts :heartflower: & :cheers:

And welcome Greg, you'll find that your story is not unknown here, so many families destroyed by this vile creation of Hubbard's, it is a burr under my saddle that'll be there until the whole mess is dismantled history. :angry:
I don't know iffin you'd have been a good dad or not, I don't know ya, but just by showing up here and reaching out gives me an idea that you would have been, and are.
I will pray to whatever gods that be that he will escape the clutches of cult and will eventually seek you out, it could go either way as you well know, but I wish you the best in life~ do not give up hope. I feel for ya mon :bigcry: