Happy 5th Anniversary To Me!

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Today, August 25, is my 5 year anniversary here on ESMB. YAY!

Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me for being on here for so long but the scientology cult is so full of entertaining shocking drama and lulz and it's a hard addiction to break.

I became free of the cult in 1985 after a nine year stint and quickly realized it's scamminess shortly after escaping. After gobbling up all that was available back then I was still interested in any breaking news and was always eager for the next scandal to be publicized in a magazine or book. Unfortunately the latest breaking news was few and far between. Like months or years. Then along came anonymous in early 2008 after the Tom Cruise video thingy. I saw a story on msn.com about Anonymous and in that article there were links to anti cult sites I never knew existed! One I recall was OCMB. Then the avalanche started. I discovered there were anti cults sites all over the universe! When I discovered ESMB I was so excited my heart was pounding and had to sign up immediately. No one needed to reg me for that!

Even though I have had a computer since August 2001 I never knew there were anti-cult sites until Anonymous came along in early 2008. Thank you Anonymous!

I think the fact that I was so hungry for cult news in the decades after I left and there was not enough of it accounts for my insatiable keen interest in keeping up with cult news today. Also the fact that I knew there were things seriously wrong with scn while I was in but was not satisfied with the party line answers given to me or I'd knew I'd end up in Ethics if I questioned anything. Within a week of escaping the cult I finally got access to answers that made sense and the cults secrets were finally being brought to light. I've been on a quest ever since to satisfy the mysteries of the cult that were denied me while I was in.

ESMB is right up my alley and generally satisfies my needs for the latest cult news and items of interest to me.

Thank you Emma for your ambition and courageousness in starting this forum and providing a way for exes to come together. What a nice gift!

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Today, August 25, is my 5 year anniversary here on ESMB. YAY!

Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me for being on here for so long but the scientology cult is so full of entertaining shocking drama and lulz and it's a hard addiction to break.

I became free of the cult in 1985 after a nine year stint and quickly realized it's scamminess shortly after escaping. After gobbling up all that was available back then I was still interested in any breaking news and was always eager for the next scandal to be publicized in a magazine or book. Unfortunately the latest breaking news was few and far between. Like months or years. Then along came anonymous in early 2008 after the Tom Cruise video thingy. I saw a story on msn.com about Anonymous and in that article there were links to anti cult sites I never knew existed! One I recall was OCMB. Then the avalanche started. I discovered there were anti cults sites all over the universe! When I discovered ESMB I was so excited my heart was pounding and had to sign up immediately. No one needed to reg me for that!

Even though I have had a computer since August 2001 I never knew there were anti-cult sites until Anonymous came along in early 2008. Thank you Anonymous!

I think the fact that I was so hungry for cult news in the decades after I left and there was not enough of it accounts for my insatiable keen interest in keeping up with cult news today. Also the fact that I knew there were things seriously wrong with scn while I was in but was not satisfied with the party line answers given to me or I'd knew I'd end up in Ethics if I questioned anything. Within a week of escaping the cult I finally got access to answers that made sense and the cults secrets were finally being brought to light. I've been a quest ever since to satisfy the mysteries of the cult that were denied me while I was in.

ESMB is right up my alley and generally satisfies my needs for the latest cult news and items of interest to me.

Thank you Emma for your ambition and courageousness in starting this forum and providing a way for exes to come together. What a nice gift!
Well you made me have a look, and I've been here a bit longer than you, not much though, I got in in August too, same year. I add to your thanking Anonymous and Emma completely and wholeheartedly. It's been a very interesting educational five years!

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Anniversary.gif