What's new

Has Scientology removed funds from your CofS account w/o consent? US Mail Fraud???

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
Just saw this over at another website:

http://possiblyhelpfuladvice.com

"Have you checked your CofS account balance lately?"

If money has been taken out of your CofS account (by Church of Scientology), without your permission, then you need to file a complaint, pronto.

There is recourse, and you can remain anonymous while filing the complaint.

Apparently, this type of crime usually falls under US Mail Fraud statutes- and you may be a victim of US Mail Fraud - a federal offense.

If Church of Scientology has committed Embezzlement, coupled with use of US Mail (to mail you statements, invoices, letters etc), it is a "go to jail" card with mega monetary penalties. Stand up for your rights. Here is the website for those interested:

http://possiblyhelpfuladvice.com/?p=1251

Please spread this all over the web, these withdrawals are happening routinely and need to be prosecuted in the federal criminal courts.

P.S. I guess they ticked off the wrong lawyer!!! :yes::yes::yes:

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just saw this over at another website:

http://possiblyhelpfuladvice.com

"Have you checked your CofS account balance lately?"

If money has been taken out of your CofS account (by Church of Scientology), without your permission, then you need to file a complaint, pronto.

There is recourse, and you can remain anonymous while filing the complaint.

Apparently, this type of crime usually falls under US Mail Fraud statutes- and you may be a victim of US Mail Fraud - a federal offense.

If Church of Scientology has committed Embezzlement, coupled with use of US Mail (to mail you statements, invoices, letters etc), it is a "go to jail" card with mega monetary penalties. Stand up for your rights. Here is the website for those interested:

http://possiblyhelpfuladvice.com/?p=1251

Please spread this all over the web, these withdrawals are happening routinely and need to be prosecuted in the federal criminal courts.

P.S. I guess they ticked off the wrong lawyer!!! :yes::yes::yes:

One can only hope it was Greta........

0_61_320_van_susteren.jpg

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
As many have found out over the years, entrusting any funds to CoS is like having a lion guarding your sheep, the returns are, at best, bones an' guts.
These do not appear to be folks to trust with any of your money, bank acct. info, or credit card info.
I've always wondered how soon after they have you on the hook is your credit info looked up? (that info that was not foolishly freely given in the first place) My gut told me a while back that pretty much as soon as they have your personal informations your finances get sussed out, can any ex's elaborate or comment on this?
Just curious is all.

:cheers:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
As many have found out over the years, entrusting any funds to CoS is like having a lion guarding your sheep, the returns are, at best, bones an' guts.
These do not appear to be folks to trust with any of your money, bank acct. info, or credit card info.
I've always wondered how soon after they have you on the hook is your credit info looked up? (that info that was not foolishly freely given in the first place) My gut told me a while back that pretty much as soon as they have your personal informations your finances get sussed out, can any ex's elaborate or comment on this?
Just curious is all.

:cheers:

Oh heck...I've seen regges apply for loans and credit cards pretending to be the prospect. I was informed by a reg that he couldn't get a loan approved for me. (uh...I wasn't planning on getting a loan). My ex has had a card run without his approval. Of course, my ex KRed the thing, but he couldn't get it taken off, as that would be a repayment, and a suppressive act. The money had already (immediately) gone into the cogs and was gone. They also loved to call and "helpfully" get your card limit raised for you.

As far as taking money off your account without permission? I gotta crawl into bed, but I also experienced that one personally.

I should throw in that anytime anything was found out like this, and we did write-ups or whatever...it came back that the reg was "handled" and that it wouldn't happen again. Did nothing for us, and if it made it uplines...uplines got PISSED. Pissed off that it was being pushed up to them. They never did a damn thing. It was just some stupid cram or condition or whatever to absolve any responsibility, so then if it finally blew up where people starting going nuts about it--it was just the particular person committing the offense. The particular person is busted off post...new person comes on and it starts again. (actually, that pattern fit a lot of stuff)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Oh heck...I've seen regges apply for loans and credit cards pretending to be the prospect. I was informed by a reg that he couldn't get a loan approved for me. (uh...I wasn't planning on getting a loan). My ex has had a card run without his approval. Of course, my ex KRed the thing, but he couldn't get it taken off, as that would be a repayment, and a suppressive act. The money had already (immediately) gone into the cogs and was gone. They also loved to call and "helpfully" get your card limit raised for you.

As far as taking money off your account without permission? I gotta crawl into bed, but I also experienced that one personally.

I should throw in that anytime anything was found out like this, and we did write-ups or whatever...it came back that the reg was "handled" and that it wouldn't happen again. Did nothing for us, and if it made it uplines...uplines got PISSED. Pissed off that it was being pushed up to them. They never did a damn thing. It was just some stupid cram or condition or whatever to absolve any responsibility, so then if it finally blew up where people starting going nuts about it--it was just the particular person committing the offense. The particular person is busted off post...new person comes on and it starts again. (actually, that pattern fit a lot of stuff)

It makes me sick to see that things got so bad like this but it's not surprising. What years are you referring to, just for the record?

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
The comments on this article are worth the visit. Here is one that may encourage others:

KarmicKiss on September 30th, 2010
Wow,

I love this website.

Are you fuming about funds being embezzled out of your account? I was too, but THEN I got MAD and decided to DO SOMETHING about it.

If the cult has communicated in any way about this to you using the US Mail (letters, invoices, statements, etc…) then You are the victim of US Federal Mail Fraud. This is a “go to jail” card by the way, with big nasty monetary penalties.

You can file a complaint on the website linked below, and have it discretely investigated by US Postal Inspectors, which are the Law Enforcement Arm of the US Postal Service. All this can be done in confidence, and the cult will not even know you have filed a complaint.

If the funds have already been embezzled out, then go to this website: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/
click on “postage or other mail fraud”
click on “mail fraud”
complete their form, for type of fraud, indicate “Harrassment” (Merchandise ordered w/o your consent).
Indicate the amount of funds deducted from your a/c (mine was in excess of $10,000.00), for any questions that you don’t know how to answer, just put “see explanation below” and explain the problem in the box provided. Fill out a separate complaint for each fraudulent transaction. Complaints have already been filed against Sandy Irgens @ AOLA and FLAG Services in Clearwater.

If these vultures are going to do the CRIME, then they are going to do the TIME.
---------------------

Anyone know anything about Sandy Irgens @ AOLA ?

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
There was a big stink in Denmark about scientologists obtaining muliple loans that they couldn't pay back when I was in the Guardian's Office. Late 1970'ies to '81. One of the biggest newspapers here had many articles about it. And the GO had a 'spy' attempting to cozy up to the reporter. The spy was exposed and made for more scandalous articles! :D

Re. The specific topic, money on account. I bought some service or other at one time. Then was told that I got a rebate, so the service was not as expensive. Well, the nice registrar informed me that I could not get the money out of account. I had to buy something more for the money!

Heh.. I did wonder about that.. Giving me a rebate, and then telling me I can't have it!? - But the registrar was a person I liked.. So it ended with me buying a set of tapes, which was a bit more expensive than my 'rebate'.

:yes:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
You can file a complaint on the website linked below, and have it discretely investigated by US Postal Inspectors, which are the Law Enforcement Arm of the US Postal Service. All this can be done in confidence, and the cult will not even know you have filed a complaint.

I don't get this. How can the USPO investigate it without compromising your identity? A Scn staff member can check it out in the system with the available records, and other staff members could remain unaware of such an investigation. But an outside agency?

"Oh yes, good morning, Mr. Executive Director. I'm from USPO Law Enforcement. We have an anonymous tip that Glenda Spreadgarten has had her account used without her permission, and we are investigating it. No, I'm sorry, I can't tell you who tipped us off about the possible abuse on this specific account."

Duh.

Paul

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron

Seen all of the above.

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
I don't get this. How can the USPO investigate it without compromising your identity? A Scn staff member can check it out in the system with the available records, and other staff members could remain unaware of such an investigation. But an outside agency?

"Oh yes, good morning, Mr. Executive Director. I'm from USPO Law Enforcement. We have an anonymous tip that Glenda Spreadgarten has had her account used without her permission, and we are investigating it. No, I'm sorry, I can't tell you who tipped us off about the possible abuse on this specific account."

Duh.

Paul

Paul,

I have heard that these enforcement agencies typically group complaints together, and when there are enough crimes reported against a particular corporation (in this case, Church of Scientology), they go in, like pit bulls, and confiscate everything......computer records, billings and statements, bank transactions, credit card transactions, etc.......never identifying a particular person's account. That way they don't have to worry about erasures, missing records, retaliation, witness tampering, etc.....

Last edited:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
uh..........

It makes me sick to see that things got so bad like this but it's not surprising. What years are you referring to, just for the record?

I mean seriously? It seem just ridiculous to refer to years. It's what was run on us...that "certain folks" ran stuff...and again now..."certain SPs are pulling that crap". I'm sorry. I saw it when I first came in... and I saw it until the day I left...and I heard old-timers excusing the same exact crap that went on earlier because the "SPs who were doing that" had been expelled, or the PTSes were handled...from everything I heard...it'd always been happening. I pulled stuff back to folks in the 70s...and then I realized...REALLY? I've never experienced life in the cult without this...and I heard folks telling me tales about years from before I got in that were the same. So, you wanna do a date/coincidence? I'm thinking it's been there forever. We all just forgave it because we were going free...and we'd forgive That's the oddest thing. We, as peons, were never forgiven, but regges and execs were obviously forgiven if they transgressed a bit as they were just really trying to get us free (vs. trying not to be killed for being downstat). They were seriously working for 'the greatest good'. There was a reference to justify ANYTHING! That's the wonderful thing about having a speed freak as your saviour---he'd publish enough !#$@ that anything could be covered as "the greatest good". Damn, I'm feeling snarky.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Paul,

I have heard that these enforcement agencies typically group complaints together, and when there are enough crimes reported against a particular corporation (in this case, Church of Scientology), they go in, like pit bulls, and confiscate everything......computer records, billings and statements, bank transactions, credit card transactions, etc.......never identifying a particular person's account. That way they don't have to worry about erasures, missing records, retaliation, witness tampering, etc.....

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks.

Paul

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Paul,

What a nice thought that is! :) - It's probably 'brewing' as we speak!

..And a note to OSA: They will recognise doctored records too! - Missing records aren't much better.. I think yer' fucked!

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
What a nice thought that is! :) - It's probably 'brewing' as we speak!

..And a note to OSA: They will recognise doctored records too! - Missing records aren't much better.. I think yer' fucked!

Yes, we have a variety of "brews" available for all interested parties:

images

(1) The AOLA Brew (dark and robust, with ingredients guaranteed to send DM and OSA running to the crapper, everytime)

(2) The ASHO Brew (easier on the palate, with a special "nutty" flavor, plan at least 2 hours for crap time)

(3) The Flag Services Brew (deep, mysterious, unfathomable, not for the weak of heart, lots of secrets "lie" here, crap time estimated at least 4 hours)

(4) The Saint Hill Brew (dangerous, confidential, available only on a MI5 "need-to-know" basis, estimated crap time - do you really need to know? )

(5) Int Base Brew (many will attest this brew will definitely not send you over any rainbows, but will land you in the nearest sewer) Sample at your own risk.

Last edited: