Hastings Picket

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
Today 27/9/08 NarConon and I were the only two picketers to turn up at Warrior Square station in St. Leonards on sea, near Hastings.I think a lot more were expected as there was a significant police presence near the station.

We walked up to the Narconon center in Albany Road and dropped off a few "You found the cards" enroute and when we arrived, a figure was to be seen lurking behind a bush.

The planned march along the sea front was decided against as there was only two of us.

We caught a train into Hastings and set off to find the "Stress test" trolley which mysteriously was invisible.There seemed to be a few dudes hanging around the Arcade entrance to the "Hubbards Dianetic center", so we set up surveillance across the road.Being only the two of us we were a little unsure as to what was going on.We were right something was going on.

All the local businesses in the road had been informed terrorists were coming to town.They had been informed that we were responsible for causing flashing lights on an Epilepsy website, and given accompanying videos to prove it.All i can say to this is "What kind of a religion, what kind of "church" does this? I say, one that is terrified of having all its' abuses revealed.

One lone masked youth and a middle aged woman handing out leaflets are obviously a very scary sight in Hastings. Everyone we talked to was very interested in what we had to say and some good questions were asked.

We were joined by two more anons and many leaflets were handed out.

Its always interesting to hear the stories of dealings with Scientology of others. There was the person who had a friend who had been a successful businessman and who had lost all their money paying for $cientology courses and then when they had an accident were dropped, penniless and left as a shadow of their former selves, unable to string coherent sentences together.

The person who whilst holidaying in Sweden had been talked into doing a stress test and had gone into an org thinking they would be there for about ten minutes only to find themselves locked in until they payed for a course. This person told me they are not the type of person to fall prey to this kind of thing.

The person who after going to a seminar and giving their name and address were constantly bombarded by phone calls and letters and could not get rid of them. They said these people are "Evil"($cientologists).

Many people said they were so pleased to see some one doing something about Scientology, as they didn't want them in their town.For the many inhabitants of Hastings that didn't know there was a $cientology center near them, they do now.

Thank you so much to the people that were concerned for my welfare, very much appreciated.

We set off towards Hastings Old Town handing out leaflets on the way and in search of the ever elusive stress test trolley, we found the spot where they usually hang out and set our selves up to hand out leaflets and talk to locals.
On the way our two masked annons got a round of applause from a crowd of people , so glad to see them in Hastings.I also received rallying crys from people who read my sign and thanked me for making the public aware of what a stress test is really about.

Yet again I met more young people, 13, 14 and 15 years of age who were eager to know what I was doing and compassionate enough to care that I cared enough to protest because I did not want to see any more youths suckered into Scientolgy and in turn disconnected from their families.

What is it with people who always love an argument, and insist on turning the conversation into a Christianity come catholicism argument?After a barrage of what other religions do, I told him he sounded like a Scientologist and then he promptly had better things to do.Interesting!

After what looked to be a very poor protest, this was a protest of EPIC proportions, and to a young person I spent a lot of time with today, your parents must be SO proud of YOU, I know I am.

Well worth the effort! Thank YOU! :)

Div6

Crusader
+1 Internets for Epic raid. :happydance:

Would you have ever imagined you would bw doing this a year ago?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Probably a good third of all pickets I've attended were no more than 2 people. It's all it takes. Certainly, the more the merrier, and, solo is not a good idea, but, two people can achieve as much as 10; merely by showing themselves.

Zinj

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Terrific stuff Tamasin! I think it's hysterical about the "terrorists coming to town"! That just shows that they can't even see what's in front of their eyes, being so wrapped up in space opera.

You guys rock! :happydance: :happydance: :thumbsup:

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you for your courage in going forth even though the numbers were small. Sometimes small groups have more chance for one-on-one interaction and are thus more effective.

Anne Ominous

Patron with Honors
Yep - this is really awesome. Any photos? Especially photos of the org/mission/Narconon/general Scilon buildings?

This place needs more raids, and I have a lulzy idea.... but it needs to be the right kind of place.

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron

I can honestly say, No, never.

I am so glad we did it though because until you get talking to people you have no idea how many people are aware, or how many people have had dealings with $cientology.People who do know who they are and what its all about do not want them there.

"terrorists coming to town" was just about the funniest thing iv'e heard in a long time.Just as well we weren't arrested the minute we started picketing.After seeing the police presence at the station I half expected it.

Thank YOU ALL for ALL your support.I couldn't have done it without you.

Pixie

Crusader

I can honestly say, No, never.

I am so glad we did it though because until you get talking to people you have no idea how many people are aware, or how many people have had dealings with $cientology.People who do know who they are and what its all about do not want them there.

"terrorists coming to town" was just about the funniest thing iv'e heard in a long time.Just as well we weren't arrested the minute we started picketing.After seeing the police presence at the station I half expected it.

Thank YOU ALL for ALL your support.I couldn't have done it without you.

Tamasin you are a lot stronger than you realize, and with or without us, you'd have done it for sure! However you are welcome, you are an amazingly brave soldier! :yes: