What's new

Hastings, UK, Protest, 27th Sept 2008

narCONon

Patron
As is mentioned elsewhere on this forum, the rest of Brighton Anon suck, and so didn't come.

This looked like a bit of a washout to start with. Only me and TamasinSP met at the arranged place. We went and checked out the narconon centre for a bit, but soon wound up right opposite the Mission. Being only two, we decided to hang the picketing until more people turned up. We holed up in a bar directly opposite the Mission, called "Moda".

Over a coca-cola or two, we covertly watched the their building. It appeared completely deserted. After an hour or so, we decided we'd have to do something or leave. So we actually started picketing (this is about 2pm).

No sooner had I got my mask on than Anonicus22 and Genesis2012 turned up. It seems we were expected! The org was completely closed, no sign of life. Also, several of the surrounding shop's owners came over telling us that yesterday, Scientologists had gone around to every buisness in the area, dropping off DVDs and "warning" the residents that a dangerous group of Terrorists where coming! Seriously, I must have spent a good half hour talking to a crowd of local buisnessmen, explaining that we're not dangerous terrorists. However, once I'd explained, they all seemed pretty pissed off at the Co$, and came out pretty suportive!

We met hundreds of supportive people, including many who'd had personal experiences of the cult. We even met the bloke who lived in the flat next door to them. He absolutely fucking hated them! They've only been there a year, and they'd already made enemies! He tipped us off that they sometimes set up their stress test table in the old town, about ten minutes walk away from the org, so we went to check. We marched along George Street to a round of applause! I kid you not, everybody knew who we where and loved us!

Then, at about 5pm we retired back to the moda bar and had a pint or two to gloat over our epic win!

Anonicus22 took a few photos, hopefully he'll post them up later.

Oh yeah, and GenesisTwentyTwleve is ex-staff at the hastings mission. He only blew a few months ago, so he was able to give us some epic inside info!

solo

Patron with Honors
Hastings protest

Well done NarCONon and Tamasin and other Anons! Great to have some good news of effective action going on, in spite of the enturb situation. The tide is definitely turning!!!

love

Solo

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
A while ago I said I went walk about in Hastings and found a poster on a bus shelter about 100 yards or so from Narconon, St. Leonards on sea, East sussex.

Tonight, an ex Narconon worker I know, told me Narconon,St Leonards has shut down. 'Ceased trading' was their exact words. They thought I knew. I didn't.If this is true and I have no reason to disbelieve them, this is fantastic news and about time.

I will find out more info if possable to verify this.

If this is true, then I cannot think of a bigger 'win'.

I consider this all down to 'Anonymous', a group of dedicated people who do not let tyranny rule.

Rock on!

New Guy

Patron with Honors
A while ago I said I went walk about in Hastings and found a poster on a bus shelter about 100 yards or so from Narconon, St. Leonards on sea, East sussex.

Tonight, an ex Narconon worker I know, told me Narconon,St Leonards has shut down. 'Ceased trading' was their exact words. They thought I knew. I didn't.If this is true and I have no reason to disbelieve them, this is fantastic news and about time.

I will find out more info if possable to
verify this.

If this is true, then I cannot think of a bigger 'win'.

I consider this all down to 'Anonymous', a group of dedicated people who do not let tyranny rule.

Rock on!
If what your friend said is true,then thats fantastic.
I miss NarCONon.

Sharone Stainforth

It would appear my sources source is wrong.

Just phoned Narconon, Hastings and a foreign man answered.

"Narconon, Hastings.How can I help you?" he asked.

Makes you wonder who my sources source is.

Sharone Stainforth

Not to be deterred , I went walk about today.

First stop was to the Hasting Dianetics Center, 3 Queens Arcade, % Queens Rd, Hastings. Spoke to a nice young man in the shop underneath. He has seen no signs of movement in the Dianetics Center for about 2 months, however he did point out that was quite usual. So still not sure.

Fantastic news on the Narconon Centre in St Leonards on sea.

The Narconon poster in the bus stop has been removed.

On the walls that surround the building of 2 Albany Road, St Leonards are some large pink signs that have the building up for sale. I have taken photos but not got them sorted yet.

The company dealing with the property is www.austengray.co.uk

http://www.austingray.co.uk/Residential.aspx

click on search prperties,auction100 -29/7/2010,about half way down the page on the pdf is the Narconon centre.

The two buildings are currently used as a drugs and alcohol residential rehabilitation centre and let to a
charity called Narconon at a rental of £157,395 pa. This tenancy is to end shortly and the site will be sold
with vacant possession