What's new

HBO Docu numbers - 1.65 million

The Sloth

Patron with Honors
http://deadline.com/2015/03/going-clear-clocks-1-652-million-viewers-in-hbo-premiere-1201402423/

Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, Alex Gibney's two-hour exposé on the Church of Scientology, nabbed nearly 1.7 million viewers during its premiere telecast. And while that number is sure to grow once HBO-Go plays, encores and DVR views are taken into account, it already represents the network's most watched doc premiere since Spike Lee's four-part When the Levees Broke aired in 2006. (The Hurricane Katrina feature nabbed 1.75 million viewers.)
It should be noted that Going Clear also comes shy of HBO's 2013 Beyonce doc Beyonce: Life Is but a Dream (1.8 million viewers for the premiere), though that project was, essentially, a concert special.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
And those are just the numbers for Sunday! Wow! :thumbsup:

Yes...WOW! :clap:

But, IMHO, equally important is something we'll never know...Who was watching or will watch this accurate, truthful and masterfully put together Documentary. :coolwink:

Think about it...Going Clear is now a permanent Primer of Historical Record and will never go away. I guarantee that Hollywood was watching, Washington D.C. was watching, Silicon Valley was watching, Wall Street was watching, Academia was watching, Main Street was watching, etc, etc, etc. :thumbsup:

The dye is cast, the spell is broken and the reckoning is afoot...Not a Day of Reckoning but thousands of Days of Reckonings. :yes:

Face:)

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Going clear is to hit theatres in many countries within the next few weeks!
The sundance festival had done a beautiful promo for people expect it soon.

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'd like, as Lisa Mary Presley did, hear the sh--t hitting the fan :confused2:

YCSOHB :grouch:
YMFS :grouch:
YCS :grouch:

:lol:

I am so happy to announce our dear pope
that these number are going straigh up vertical
to very soon reach
an unprecedented order of magnitude
expansionness of spreadness of truth.​

Dear Pope like numbers and affluence stats :happydance:

Leland

Crusader
I am behind the push to shut down the C of S....and all forms of the Cult of Hubbard .....

Very pleased that 1.7 million watched the Documentary.

I am pleased that many watched it in groups....or like my sister....with a friend, that had HBO...as she didn't. So probably the number that watched is much greater...than 1.7 million.

Very pleased that so many will now be vaccinated, so to speak, against the lure and hornswoggling of the Cult ....and its current worker members...

But on the other hand.....HBO has 27.8 million subscribers.....

And I am so glad also ....that 26 million of them.....just didn't care about it. Perhaps, that it wasn't "important" enough to watch....

( I hope any that read my post ...get what I'm saying)

Leland

Crusader
As HBO states 1.7 subscribers watched the Documentary....

It is more than likely that at least 3.4 million watched it....as couples....or in groups....5.1 mill.....to 7.2 million...

WOW

bromo

Patron with Honors
There are other numbers as well that I learned from Jon Kroll, producer of several reality shows. He talked about how the dvr watcher numbers counted by days. Such as, those that dvred it and watched within 3 days carried a high weight. Then dvr and watch within 5 days is still counted but with a lower value. Plus, lots of tweeters were on Monday night tweeting about watching it for the first time. So I think when the wash is finished and hung on the line to dry, all the numbers together will be very high, notwithstanding as you mentioned, how many watched in groups.

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
Mike Mayers voice - with pinky finger in mouths :.......... "10 million"...........:biggrin:

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
I majored in Math in college, so what do I know... but I just had a flash to a few years from now when the Humanities departments at colleges when they studied, oh, Nazi Germany or brainwashing or whatever, trotted out this movie and showed it to the students. I think my brain is trying to tell me that this movie is an inoculation against signing up for any sort of mind-f*ck system no matter what it's called.

Gibney may have reached more than he thought.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
I majored in Math in college, so what do I know... but I just had a flash to a few years from now when the Humanities departments at colleges when they studied, oh, Nazi Germany or brainwashing or whatever, trotted out this movie and showed it to the students. I think my brain is trying to tell me that this movie is an inoculation against signing up for any sort of mind-f*ck system no matter what it's called.

Gibney may have reached more than he thought.

Law schools, too. Going Clear does an excellent job of illustrating the legal concept of 'undue influence'.

And, of course, Going Clear will be shown in Social Sciences + Psychology departments all around the world.

JB

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
However, IF scn every had anything that got an actual 1.7 million views they'd claim it was 117 million !

namaste

OSA, What happened to you?? You used to be all over these threads.
And people like me and some others would eat you for breakfast. Now you're nowhere to be found.
Please come back to ESMB. I am hungry.
Are you too busy with other fish to fry at the moment??
I am waiting. . .

How 'bout you Miscaivage? I know you read this.
What have you got to say you little faggot?
My name is Keith Dautel from Detroit Day org many years ago in case you want to take away my total freedom, lol.
Better get buying up some more real estate you little fag midget.
Can you do anything about this? Not to me you can't. If you think you can, then prove it, asthmatic dwarf.
Oh, BTW, should I be afraid of you, lol??
You are completely powerless.
That a little fag-assed little bitch like you could usurp L. Ron Hubbart's empire so easily is very telling about what a total failure the founder was as well.
Have a nice night.
Faggot.

And, by the way -- where is my goldenrod you cowardly, off-policy bitches???

namaste

Sorry for using ESMB's resources to communicate to these asswipes but if you write them then the mail is intercepted by HCO and never gets to the terminal that you want to speak to. It is "Dead Filed" by an asshole who chooses to follow policy in a mail situation but who chooses not to follow policy on sending out goldenrods. That's the Church of Scientology for you.
Any scientologists out there that care to question this? Oh, that's right -- you're not allowed to visit websites like this even though you are the most able beings on the planet, lol.
Nevermind.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
As HBO states 1.7 subscribers watched the Documentary....

It is more than likely that at least 3.4 million watched it....as couples....or in groups....5.1 mill.....to 7.2 million...

WOW

Good point!

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am behind the push to shut down the C of S....and all forms of the Cult of Hubbard .....
It sounds to me that you would like for the Freezone to be shut down at the same time the church is.

While the abuses in the Freezone are MUCH less, they should not have to pay for the crimes for the C of S. Indeed, I think that The Man is doing nothing at all until public opinion is SO incensed against the idea of scientology, that the innocent can be punished along with the guilty and no one will complain.

Please don't paint us with such a broad brush.

Helena

Leland

Crusader
It sounds to me that you would like for the Freezone to be shut down at the same time the church is.

While the abuses in the Freezone are MUCH less, they should not have to pay for the crimes for the C of S. Indeed, I think that The Man is doing nothing at all until public opinion is SO incensed against the idea of scientology, that the innocent can be punished along with the guilty and no one will complain.

Please don't paint us with such a broad brush.

Helena

I think, and have said so here, since I first joined ESMB, that OT 3 4 5 6 7 and 8 are causing a spiritual holocaust....and no one gets it....no one realizes it.....

Specifically, I think OT 6 7 and 8 should be shut down....but probably from 3 up...

The Cult of Hubbard thinks they have discovered the "thetan"....but in my opinion...they have made a mistake and have not discovered the true extent of one spiritual being....and in their rush to "save the planet" are actually harming spiritual beings....

Certainly Hubbard never got to be a "thetan".......he never attained what the Cult promises....That can easily be seen here on ESMB...how fake the whole this is...

IMO....Scientology....and its existence was a scam to find spiritual beings...and try to kill them....or enslave them...which is pretty much the same thing, in my book...

I don't think many get how evil Scientology is....

Last edited: