What's new

He grabbed my arm and I took a swing at him

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
For your reading enjoyment.......

Here is an "eye-opening" review written by some poor soul in LA, who got suckered into a Scientology org and the bizarre events that transpired.

I especially loved her unique "solution" to the endless mail and phone calls she received.

Bon appetit! :D:D:D

"Lisa V " on YELP website

When I first moved to Hollywood from the Midwest as I was walking down the street on Hollywood Blvd., I was stopped by one of their workers and they started to ask me a bunch of questions about stress. Lets see, I just moved from Chicago to LA, yes, I am stressed. This is how they get you my friends.

They offer to give you a little stress survey thingy and then once you fill it out, they determine that you need help. So, they invite you to go to a meeting and see what they are all about. OK, so I went to a meeting. Yes, I know, it was a mistake but they find vulnerable people searching for something.

When I stepped into their class/meeting, I was asked to purchase $40 worth of text books the moment I stepped in the door. I of course was hesitant but I did it anyway. However, the whole class/meeting consists of you working on your own with your little text books and guess what? I finished my books almost by the time I ran out of there so that meant I would have to walk down to their convenient little bookstore and purchase more! Does anyone see the problem here?

Throughout my meeting, I heard very strange moans, groans, and yelling coming from a room beside the room I was in. I asked what was going on as it seemed like someone was in pain. A worker/teacher there told me that someone there was "detoxing". I became very uneasy and a bit scared thinking what the hell had I gotten myself into. So, I trusted my instincts and I packed up my things in the middle of the class and two people working there came up to me and asked me what was wrong.

I said I didn't like what I was hearing next door and that their church was not right for me and I was leaving. They stood in my way and made me walk around them. A barrier so to speak. They kept telling me not to leave and they followed me all the way down the stairs and to the lobby all the while insisting that I not leave. I began to get really scared so I started yelling vile things at them and asking them to leave me the f%@*! alone! At one point a guy grabbed my arm and I turned and I took a swing at him.

They followed me out to my car and would not leave me alone.

After I left that PLACE, I continued to get letters and calls at home from them. This went on for months. Seriously, it got so bad that one day my friend and I (had to have a body guard), walked into their building and stood in the lobby and fucking yelled and told them to never, ever, send a fucking piece of mail or call my home again and I threw their mail all over the lobby. I never heard from them again. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

And for the record, I've been to many churches and walked out of many churches with the intention of not going back and not once have I been stopped by anyone with dollar signs in their eyes pleading with me to stay.

Mystic

Crusader
For your reading enjoyment.......

Here is an "eye-opening" review written by some poor soul in LA, who got suckered into a Scientology org and the bizarre events that transpired.

I especially loved her unique "solution" to the endless mail and phone calls she received.

Bon appetit! :D:D:D

"Lisa V " on YELP website

When I first moved to Hollywood from the Midwest as I was walking down the street on Hollywood Blvd., I was stopped by one of their workers and they started to ask me a bunch of questions about stress. Lets see, I just moved from Chicago to LA, yes, I am stressed. This is how they get you my friends.

They offer to give you a little stress survey thingy and then once you fill it out, they determine that you need help. So, they invite you to go to a meeting and see what they are all about. OK, so I went to a meeting. Yes, I know, it was a mistake but they find vulnerable people searching for something.

When I stepped into their class/meeting, I was asked to purchase $40 worth of text books the moment I stepped in the door. I of course was hesitant but I did it anyway. However, the whole class/meeting consists of you working on your own with your little text books and guess what? I finished my books almost by the time I ran out of there so that meant I would have to walk down to their convenient little bookstore and purchase more! Does anyone see the problem here?

Throughout my meeting, I heard very strange moans, groans, and yelling coming from a room beside the room I was in. I asked what was going on as it seemed like someone was in pain. A worker/teacher there told me that someone there was "detoxing". I became very uneasy and a bit scared thinking what the hell had I gotten myself into. So, I trusted my instincts and I packed up my things in the middle of the class and two people working there came up to me and asked me what was wrong.

I said I didn't like what I was hearing next door and that their church was not right for me and I was leaving. They stood in my way and made me walk around them. A barrier so to speak. They kept telling me not to leave and they followed me all the way down the stairs and to the lobby all the while insisting that I not leave. I began to get really scared so I started yelling vile things at them and asking them to leave me the f%@*! alone! At one point a guy grabbed my arm and I turned and I took a swing at him.

They followed me out to my car and would not leave me alone.

After I left that PLACE, I continued to get letters and calls at home from them. This went on for months. Seriously, it got so bad that one day my friend and I (had to have a body guard), walked into their building and stood in the lobby and fucking yelled and told them to never, ever, send a fucking piece of mail or call my home again and I threw their mail all over the lobby. I never heard from them again. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

And for the record, I've been to many churches and walked out of many churches with the intention of not going back and not once have I been stopped by anyone with dollar signs in their eyes pleading with me to stay.

I love these nitty-gritty stories. Let's us know for real just what is going on at the base levels in these hubbard implant stations.

Thanks for posting this.

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
Thanks Mystic........I've often thought we should have a parallel magazine to ADVANCE......call it RETREAT! and fill it with these little gems!!!

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
FANTASTIC, Truth and Honesty!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT job of following your heart and instincts
and getting the Hell out of there! :clap::happydance:

Truly, thank you for sharing your story. It's VERY key that you've let us know
this. If you need any help, you've come to the right place.

My very best :thumbsup:

Tory/Magoo

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
/

Cross-posted to WWP: Someone who was NOT sucked in.

And, FWIW, my WWP Introduction:
Tired of reading stories about people who were sucked into the COS, spent 20 years in the Sea Org, properly routed out of the SO, then contributed 100s of thousands of dollars to the IAS, Super Power, Preservation of the Tech, and the OT levels, etc., and then left the COS, angry and disaffected... only to join Marty?

Yeah, I thought so.

Following is a story, via ESMB via YELP, of someone who was not sucked in:

And my WWP conclusion:
I believe this is called "not getting sucked into delusional bullshit tech."

I suspect that "Lisa V " is now a member of Anonymous. If not, she sure as hell should be.

/

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Scns will use your own politeness against you at every opportunity. On the phone, they will just keep talking and asking questions after you politely tell them you need to go. In person, they are like Lisa V's encounter.

The only viable counter is to be as aggressive as you need to be in preserving your liberty.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
What's so funny about this is that it is on yelp.com, which is a consumer review service that people can use to find good restaurants, a good chiropractor, reviews of health clubs, grocery stores, etc.

It might be a whole new communication medium for critics of Scientology.

Write a review of an experience you had at your local Scientology organization!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I love this girl, lol!!
She wrote the review about Church of Scientology International Celebrity Center
http://www.yelp.com/biz/church-of-scientology-international-celebrity-center-los-angeles

Lisa V.

Los Angeles, CA
8/13/2009
"It appears that my review has been flagged so I'm updating it to make everyone happy. The fact that it was flagged should show you something about this place. The only reason I can see why it was flagged was because I didn't specify a "first hand experience".

However, I do have a first hand experience so if it gets flagged again, there will be absolutely no reason for doing so. So here I go!

Man I'm just pissed this PLACE (and please feel free to fill in the word PLACE with another word of your own choosing), owns the greatest architectural buildings in Hollywood. That's my biggest beef with them. I wish somebody with a little bit of power would revolt against them but everyone is a pussy. Gosh I hope that word doesn't offend anyone.

I had some really great comments here but I had to remove them. However, if you would like to know how I really feel, please contact me and I'll give you the first review.

I can make this last factual statement due to my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with them. When I first moved to Hollywood from the Midwest as I was walking down the street on Hollywood Blvd., I was stopped by one of their workers and they started to ask me a bunch of questions about stress. Lets see, I just moved from Chicago to LA, yes, I am stressed. This is how they get you my friends. They offer to give you a little stress survey thingy and then once you fill it out, they determine that you need help. So, they invite you to go to a meeting and see what they are all about. OK, so I went to a meeting. Yes, I know, it was a mistake but they find vulnerable people searching for something.

Throughout my meeting, I heard very strange moans, groans, and yelling coming from a room beside the room I was in. I asked what was going on as it seemed like someone was in pain. A worker/teacher there told me that someone there was "detoxing". I became very uneasy and a bit scared thinking what the hell had I gotten myself into. So, I trusted my instincts and I packed up my things in the middle of the class and two people working there came up to me and asked me what was wrong. I said I didn't like what I was hearing next door and that their church was not right for me and I was leaving. They stood in my way and made me walk around them. A barrier so to speak. They kept telling me not to leave and they followed me all the way down the stairs and to the lobby all the while insisting that I not leave. I began to get really scared so I stared yelling vile things at them and asking them to leave me the f%@*! alone! At one point a guy grabbed my arm and I turned and I took a swing at him.

They followed me out to my car and would not leave me alone. OK, so why was my review flagged earlier? Hmmm....is it perhaps they are very powerful PLACE? You tell me. I hope this review remains up to warn people about them. I also hope this review has been personal enough. Seems to me it is the most personal first hand experience of all the reviews about this PLACE.

After I left that PLACE, I continued to get letters and calls at home from them. This went on for months. Seriously, it got so bad that one day my friend and I (had to have a body guard), walked into their building and stood in the lobby and fucking yelled and told them to never, ever, send a fucking piece of mail or call my home again and I threw their mail all over the lobby. I never heard from them again.

There you go. All, a first hand experience, no threats in my review, just stating the facts so I shouldn't be flagged right? And for the record, I've been to many churches and walked out of many churches with the intention of not going back and not once have I been stopped by anyone with dollar signs in their eyes pleading with me to stay.

Interesting how all the 4-5 star reviews here are about the brunch they offer and not the actual organization itself..."
http://www.yelp.com/biz/church-of-s...enter-los-angeles#hrid:kOjMvBrBCS1-GcuZAGBUYA

Last edited: