What's new

He makes me feel physically ill

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I had the same feeling. And LRH isn't the only one. I've had that feeling about some other people as soon as I met them.

I think it's an aura thing or something along those lines that I can't explain. Evil people have shadows that I can see.

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
I never liked him. Even when i first entered an Org I harbored secret thoughts about how revolting he was. I only shared my thoughts once with another girl who promptly reported me to ethics where I was interrogated about being a plant.

But now it's even worse. I saw this picture (or one similar) in a thread I was reading tonight & the bile rose in my throat.

l-ron-hubbard_3.jpg

I felt physically ill looking at him.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Yep. He's just a creepy kind of wacko nuclear physicist... The kind of person you are pretty sure has unsavory habits, like drugs and phobias.

hubbard2.gif

GreyLensman

profile_chronology_81_l-ron-hubbard.jpg

In case you are wondering why I am so VVGI's today,
it's because I have made a huge technical breakthrough!
Now we have a better Bridge to Total Freedom, because...
I hired a graphic illustrator to make this schematic chart
which gives people a real sense of scientific certainty
when I broadly grin while feeding them total and absolute lies.

He's just doing mood drills. That's needing money...

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
All those Hubbard self-portraits where he's staring off into the aether. Our visionary hero, who can see so much further than ordinary people, who have only studied Scientology for a mere thirty years or so...

Thery're not great pictures, are they? Nothing could conceal the pockmarked skin, the flab, the rubbery lips, the receding hair. At best, Hubbard looks like the kind of uncle you wouldn't want touching your children.

But consider this: the photos you see are the good ones. The best of the bunch. LRH will have shot roll after roll of film, had them all developed and then printed the ones that looked most promising. LRH pretty much never threw anything away. We know this from all the files that Gerry Armstrong dug up, while trying to write a Hubbard biography.

It's logical to assume that in a store room somewhere at Stain Hill or in the USA there are a mass of negatives and maybe some prints from all the failed photos. All the ones where Hubbard doesn't quite manage to pull off his Hitler Jugend dedicated stare, or doesn't quite manage the 'Big Brother' look of benevolence that he was going for, and simply looks like a slack-jawed old drug addict.

One day these will come to light. At the rate that Scientology is losing staff, that means a person who knows about such pictures could blow at any time. Maybe with some copies...

Teanntás

L Ron Hubbard was an astonishingly ugly man, wasn't he? Both physically and spiritually, it turns out.

I'll never forget this one. One of the few adult pictures in which he doesn't look like a pervert... but still manages to look like a complete oddball.
hubbard-featured.jpg

I think he looks like an alien, trying to impersonate humanity. Ironic really, because he was just a very ordinary little con-man, trying to prove he was a UFOnaut.

Vile old bastard. The world is a better place without L Ron Hubbard.

Maybe he was one of those lizard people :biggrin:

Lamb

Patron with Honors
This thread could become a rundown where the end result is that one no longer cringes at the sight of the beast but rather just laughs hysterically at the thought of looking at his picture...:omg: sounds good to me!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

L_Ron_Hubbard_with_Dianetics_book.jpg

So what, I made it all up--
You got a PTP with that?

REALITY: L. Ron Hubbard pulled off the single largest literary hoax in history by writing 680 pages of pure fiction and cynically getting it mis-classified as science and thereafter distributing and/or selling over 20 million copies of wildly inflated hyperbolic nonsense, pre-meditated charlatanism and fraudulent lies. Shortly thereafter, when the "science" miserably failed, Hubbard made up some more lies, called it Scientology and promptly began an even larger-scale hoax by cynically getting it mis-classified as religion.

DELUSION: Scientologists proudly and ethically promote Hubbard's lie-stained works of fiction while thinking the thoughts Ron told them to think--"Books make Booms!" and "Ron's books are bringing about a world without insanity and criminality."--precisely the 2 tragedies that Hubbard's works specialize in bringing about in trusting book buyers.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I had the same feeling. And LRH isn't the only one. I've had that feeling about some other people as soon as I met them.

I think it's an aura thing or something along those lines that I can't explain. Evil people have shadows that I can see.

Hmmm...I think it's two different matters and here's why I think that.

Many of the people here who feel the way they feel now and have expressed probably didn't mind or care much when in CofS. To me, for many people, feeling this way now is an expression of how they've been hurt and betrayed by Hubbard and that this engenders an understandable reaction.

Now, as to people who make ya feel that way when you meet them, yeah, absolutely. I've experienced that. The one that sticks in my memory the most is a coffee shop I used to go to. For a while, they had this guy, a younger guy, working the counter. He was quite pleasant. Never said or did anything wrong. But there was the most hideous slimy filthy vibe about him. Yeah, he had dreads and 'tats, but I've known lots of people who had those and who did not give me that impression. I never figured out what the deal was with why I felt that way about the guy.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Claire, I completely get what you're saying. In my case, however, I don't think that's what was going on.

By happenstance, one of my first stops on the interwebz (when I didn't know much about Scno) was Marty's site www.scientology-cult.com. I have to say, that site made me at least hesitate about getting completely involved, because I thought that DM and the current management was squirreling the tech and passing off Black Dianetics as Dianetics.

So when I read Dianetics, I was totally open minded about it all. I really truly believed that LRH wanted to do good - and I had seen the results of psychiatry and wasn't at all impressed. I wanted to believe in it. I tried that basic Dianetics course and the Dianetic auditing.

And yet I could not look at the picture of LRH because of his Shadow (in the Evil aura sense - I don't know what else to call it besides Shadow).

Anywho, the picture and my 6th sense versus what I was reading and what I wanted to believe led me to google "Milton Kastelas" because I knew he got my in friend into the Co$. And I got some more current SO stories talking about DM and current management, but then I read one truly awful story about LRH locking small children on the cancer ship into the chain locker, and the thing where he made the SO people destroy paper mache orgs. And I realized why I was feeling so awful about the pictures.

That made me google Scno again, and this time I felt ESMB.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I would guess that it varies from person to person. Wonder how many people got a bad vibe or sense of forboding from LRH right from the beginning vs those who later had those feelings possibly proceeding from betrayal.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Yup. I think this is one of his worst:

tomato.jpg

LOOOOK at him. He's revolting.

Oh thank God for that! They are TOMATOES!!!!

That picture had me checking inside my trousers for a minute there. Not surprising, considering he had everybody by the nuts. Well - quite a few anyway.

guanoloco

As-Wased
l-ron-hubbard_3.jpg

"...You are a master. You are as sensitive and sexy as Pan. Lord help women when you begin to fondle them. You are a master of their bodies, master of their souls as you may consciously wish. You have no karma to pay for these acts. You cannot now accumulate karma for you are a master adept. Your voice is low and compelling to them. Singing to them, for you sing like a master, destroys their will to resist... The lot of women is to be fornicated... "

L. Ron Hubbard

Does any one else see this as a 13 year old wet dream?

Here's something I ran across recently and thought it pegs Hubbard pretty closely:

If we examine much of what the world traditionally calls "evil", what we discover is not evil, which is an abstraction, epithet, and label. Instead, we see behaviors that could be described as primitive, infantile, egotistical, narcissistic, selfish, and ignorant, complicated by the psychological mechanisms of denial, projection, and paranoia in order to justify hatred.

Here's my favorite Hubbard pic from Ron the Sociopath:

hubbard.jpg

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
I kept thinking of that story while reading this thread. I thought it was too dark, grim and shocking for many to believe that it really happened.

But the first time I read it (and every time since) I have had the eerily certain feeling that every word of it is true. If so, it parallels much of Hubbard and Scientology, which proves at every turn to be far, far worse than even the darkest critics imagined.

A perfect example of that is while disbelieving Scientologists rejected the mere notion that Ron and Mary Sue were waging a massive felonious criminal conspiracy called "Operation Snow White" against the US Government, another far more insidiously evil revelation surfaced. . .

That Ron and Mary Sue were plotting to frame Paulette Cooper into a long federal prison sentence based on church-manufactured evidence and drive her so insane that she would would commit suicide.

I always reserve a part of my mind for the yet-unknown parts of Hubbard's inestimably evil deeds which I fully expect include murder and worse. Unfortunately, the timing for witnesses to come forward is growing regrettably thin these 26 years past his death.

But, what is already known was more than enough to put Hubbard away in a federal prison for life. I somewhat shudder to myself, while writing this, thinking of a Scientologist or Independent Scientologist reading it and the tortured cognitive dissonance that would be required for them to not see the obvious.

Anyways, Veda, thanks for posting that.

I've been thinking for some time of posting a thread and calling it the iRONies series or something along that line.

This was to be the context of the first in the series of iRONies.

The audacity of the guy to write about the attributes of SPs and writing things like the admin dictionairy's definition of criminal as the criminal and SP are the same thing and all the long endless diatribes about criminals and SPs in PLs, Bulletins, tapes, checksheets, correction lists, sec check questions, ad naseum and then have the very same guy attempting to drive a person to suicide and framing said person with false evidence.

Can you see the iRONy in that?

guanoloco

As-Wased

You have no fear of what any woman may think of your bed conduct.
You know you are a master.
You know they will be thrilled.
You can come many times without weariness.
The act does not reduce your vitality or brain power at all.
You can come several times and still write.
Intercourse does not hurt your chest or make you sore.
Your arms are strong and do not ache in the act.
Your own pleasure is not dependent on the woman's.
You are interested only in your own sexual pleasure.
If she gets any that is all right but not vital.
Many women are not capable of pleasure in sex and anything adverse they say or do has no effect whatever upon your pleasure. Their bodies thrill you. If they repel you, it merely means they themselves are too frigid or prudish to be bothered with.
They are unimportant in bed except as they thrill you.
Your sexual power is magnificent and they know it.
If they are afraid of it, that is their loss. You are not affected by it​

L Ron Hubbard

6426822183_6aa8166d80.jpg

Hi! I'm 13 years old!