What's new

He makes me feel physically ill

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
When I saw an LRH video, my first impression of him was that he is a gay who is trying to look macho. I have nothing against homosexuals, but it was not what I expected – I expected to see a version of a college professor delivering a lecture in a slightly monotone voice, which could be quite boring. But there he was, very effeminate Hubbard, which was a bit confusing to me considering the fact that he wrote in the Dianetics book that Dianetics can cure homosexuality.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Look at that sloping forehead! Poor old Ron was never going to be the sharpest tool in the box, was he?

Maybe he was a throwback...
lrhskulls.jpg

(Disclaimer: SIC. If he'd actually known Latin, it would have been "novus". But since when did Ron ever do his research?)

My God he's the missing link!

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I never liked him. Even when i first entered an Org I harbored secret thoughts about how revolting he was. I only shared my thoughts once with another girl who promptly reported me to ethics where I was interrogated about being a plant.

But now it's even worse. I saw this picture (or one similar) in a thread I was reading tonight & the bile rose in my throat.

l-ron-hubbard_3.jpg

I felt physically ill looking at him.

Does anyone else feel this way?

No, I am not bothered by his picture or likeness. I do think he looks ridiculous, sometimes (commodore outfit, weird ties, etc.), but he doesn't look repugnant to me.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Hundreds of photos of himself everywhere.

I mean, WHO DOES that kind of thing? Do you have glorious vanity self-portraits of yourself on all the walls of your house or business? LOL

Who would carefully and painstakingly orchestrate the staging of a faux-mythical self portrait like this??!!

pg001d.jpg

It reminds me of one of the tricks of how cheap costume jewelry is sold, displaying it on a plush black velvet pad with high-intensity lights making it look all glittery and real and such. That's how a 75 cent gold--plated neck chain convinces unknowledgeable customers to buy it at nearly 30 times the cost, for $20.

Think about it...if Hubbard actually had any technology or even one "miracle" that he bragged about in those ten million words of bluster, he would not need any of that chiaroscuro religious saint lighting treatment.

R-FACTOR TO SCIENTOLOGISTS: Those pictures of an ever-so-confident Ron that you so treasure? They are from the marketing department of a confidence game. Con men always use a "front" which is comprised of symbols of success. The symbolism (an expensive suit, a fancy car, a glamorous celebrity head-shot, words spoken with unlimited certainty...) is supposed to make you think that they know something that you don't. It works quite well, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
There are some really UGLY pictures of LRH on this thread. There was really only one picture of LRH that I liked and that was the one where he was sitting on a boat in a chair with his white hat on and he had his finger pointing at the camera. I don't know how to find that one to put it here and even if I did find it, wouldn't know how to put it here. But, the thing I especially liked about it was all the water and the color blue.

The other thing I wanted to mention about the bust of LRH is that I could never really understand having a bust there. Wasn't it in KSW where he's talking about how silly it is to worship stone idols? Well....... what's the difference there?

Plus, I always wanted to stick my finger up it's nose or in its mouth. I know, I know.....very disrespectful of me and probably evil purps and all that. :melodramatic:

Sigh..... oh well.

I never thought those busts held any appeal at all. They are appalling. Yeah, the guy is ugly, but those busts really amplify it. Even while I was still "in", I secretly believed the original bust to have been commissioned rather than the Official Story.

HelluvaHoax!

I never thought those busts held any appeal at all. They are appalling. Yeah, the guy is ugly, but those busts really amplify it. Even while I was still "in", I secretly believed the original bust to have been commissioned rather than the Official Story.

Those bronze busts are a fascinating study in cult thinking, in the sense that cult members never really stop for a moment and think through exactly how those busts came into being.

hubbard_main-420x0.jpg

I seriously doubt 99% of Scientologists have ever actually come to grips with the fact that Hubbard paid for a sculptor to create this mythical marketing device. After which, at even greater expense to reproduce it for all organizations worldwide as part of the set decoration of the "LRH OFFICE", open pack of Kool non-filter cigarettes and all at the ready, more than a quarter century after his body dropped dead from smoking, drinking, drugs and other abuse.

Does any Scientologist really connect the dots? That Ron purposefully set out to create the trappings of a modern-day saint and he himself ordered the busts to be made? I mean, transitionally others create such tribute to a great man, not the person themselves!!!

:hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical:

What utter clownish pomposity!

For sake of comparison, let's take an authentic visionary and tech provider, Steve Jobs. Did he have photos and statues of himself put in Apple stores? Did he wear pretentious ascots and claim he was Buddha reincarnate? No. The guy just wore jeans and a black t-shirt and made a billion happy customers. Rather than lie and brag about non-existent "technology" Steve Jobs actually "delivered what he promised" and built the world's most loved and valuable brand.

Compare that to Hubbard's "brand"--Scientology--the most ridiculed and reviled religion and cult on the planet.

End of rant. :hattip:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Damn, i gotta proofread my stuff better (correction so that it makes some kinda sense):

Does any Scientologist really connect the dots? That Ron purposefully set out to create the trappings of a modern-day saint and he himself ordered the busts to be made? I mean, transitionally traditionally others create such tribute to a great man, not the person themselves!!!​

AnonKat

Crusader
When I saw an LRH video, my first impression of him was that he is a gay who is trying to look macho. I have nothing against homosexuals, but it was not what I expected – I expected to see a version of a college professor delivering a lecture in a slightly monotone voice, which could be quite boring. But there he was, very effeminate Hubbard, which was a bit confusing to me considering the fact that he wrote in the Dianetics book that Dianetics can cure homosexuality.

That view is held by some people to this very day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_therapy

Conversion therapy, sometimes called reparative therapy or reorientation therapy, is one type of sexual orientation change effort that attempts to change the sexual orientation of a person from homosexual or bisexual to heterosexual.[1] These types of therapies have been a source of intense controversy in the United States and other countries.[2] The American Psychiatric Association states that political and moral debates over the integration of gays and lesbians into the mainstream of American society have obscured scientific data about changing sexual orientation "by calling into question the motives and even the character of individuals on both sides of the issue."[3] The most high-profile contemporary advocates of conversion therapy tend to be conservative Christian groups and other religious organizations.[4] The main organization advocating secular forms of conversion therapy is the National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH); however, NARTH often partners with religious groups.[4]

Lure Rob & Hyde

Patron with Honors
Look at that sloping forehead! Poor old Ron was never going to be the sharpest tool in the box, was he?

Maybe he was a throwback...
lrhskulls.jpg

(Disclaimer: SIC. If he'd actually known Latin, it would have been "novus". But since when did Ron ever do his research?)

That is a very "scientific" approach I have to say but you left out the Piltdown Man from the conniving scammer's History of Man (conniving means A person who is always scheming to take things that don't really belong to him is an example of someone who would be described as conniving " = ELWRONG HUBBARD .
When you look at any picture of him the word "conniving" best describes the thieving despicable crook. Hell, I've seen reptiles that are better looking than he is.

OldTimingMan

Patron with Honors
When I saw an LRH video, my first impression of him was that he is a gay who is trying to look macho. ------------------But there he was, very effeminate Hubbard, which was a bit confusing to me considering the fact that he wrote in the Dianetics book that Dianetics can cure homosexuality.

Does anyone have a link to a Hubbard video/audio track that sounds effeminate as an example? I just cant recall thinking that ever, and I have never heard anyone say it before. Maybe I overlooked it.

I heard he dressed in some bizarre dress with turban and rouge, but that's different :p

Misterfabian

Patron with Honors

I kind of miss Ron. I think the secondary is just kicking in. . .

ODE TO THE COMMODE-OR
(to the tune of 'Candle In The Wind')

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a con man on a win
Never knowing where to flee to
When the Feds set in

And I would have liked to have blown (the whistle on) you
But I was just a kid
Your soup can tech burned out long before
Your (lying-self-authored) legend ever did.

Hoaxy, where do you come up with this shit? :biggrin:

I heard about it on the gossip line when I was in the SO and worked out of the CCLA building as Dir Income USGO at the time it apparently occurred. Don't know how much of the story is accurate, but I do know something happened with this woman that was big enough to get the GO all over it to shut her up and keep it quiet.

The story literally gave me nightmares at the time. Cringe!

Actually, I have heard for years now stories about how a suitable pure, theta and upstat Sea Org female vessel will become impregnated by an equally suitable pure, theta and upstat male Sea Org and produce the new body that Ron will reincarnate into.

(Shades of the Nazi Lebensborn Aryan breeding project http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebensborn)

Has anyone else heard rumors about this? Or about some of the Celebrity public providing such a body for Ron to occupy, for his next lifetime, as I have also heard?

Is/was there really a plan to do this?

The residences/nannys/guards are at the ready at the CST "secret" locations...

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
It's been said more than once that LRH himself would never qualify for Int.

The posting/approval for uplines CSW includes a photo... :eyeroll:

Dunvegan

Patron
Whenever I want to feel "upstat" on a Thursday at 2 p.m., I just take a look at this "pictcha"...

LRH 01.jpg

I think in a few hours, at 2 p.m., I'll take a quick look...always makes me feel like compared to this, I has "supah-powahs."

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
I'll never forget this one. One of the few adult pictures in which he doesn't look like a pervert..

Having said this, I still see Quentin in this picture, and he was a truly sweet lovely man who was hounded into the ground by his so called father. I remember looking up at LRH's face when I was 11 and being mesmerised by his.humungous lips as they flapped when he spoke... yuck!:ohmy:

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Interesting you should mention this, Emma.

I had that same feeling sometimes, when I would look at his picture and wonder what it would be like to have a close personal relationship with him and I would feel utter revulsion.

Yet there was also some sort of connection that felt totally different. When I look back on it, it seems like some sort of spell or something he was emanating that just made me assign this guy some sort of senior thetan status. But it was definitely an emanation of some sort. Don't know exactly what it was.

Brainwashing! They used to push and push and push us to stand up and clap and revere him. Ugh !