What's new

He makes me feel physically ill

However, he didn't play "dress up" in quite as wacky a fashion as his hero and mentor ("my very good friend") did...

alester-crowley-and-L-Ron-Hubbard.jpg

That was probably Mary Sue's influence. Poor woman.

images

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

HubbardSailor2-thumb-250x207.jpg

No really!
The aliens from up
there ruined your eternity.
I'm not making this up! Don't worry,
we can easily fix it. You just need a tech
estimate. By the way, how much money did
you say you have right now in your bank account ?

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I didn't think he looked like anyone else who readily came to mind but tell ya what- his voice and mannerisms (and, of course, what really ended up being the situation with the guy) reminded me of The Man Behind The Curtain in The Wizard of Oz.

OldTimingMan

Patron with Honors
However, he didn't play "dress up" in quite as wacky a fashion as his hero and mentor ("my very good friend") did...

alester-crowley-and-L-Ron-Hubbard.jpg

That was probably Mary Sue's influence. Poor woman.

images

Not so. He did dress up in a turban, a kurta (or robe) and wore rouge on his face according to accounts, during his time in Rhodesia.

beltway

Bone Idle
Yet another observation from the Granada interview: When Hubbard is squirming and trotting out the usual lies in response to the question about exactly where the enormous amounts of money come from allowing him to "loaf" and play 'Commodore', eventually he claims he selflessly poured his own massive sci-fi writing wealth into Scientology.

When he gets to the (obviously highly emotionally charged) words, "Thirteen Million Dollars" right around the 20:00 mark, he twists his protruding flappers into a nasty snarl, producing the following hideous image:

Hub-Dollars.jpg

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I never liked him. Even when i first entered an Org I harbored secret thoughts about how revolting he was. I only shared my thoughts once with another girl who promptly reported me to ethics where I was interrogated about being a plant.

But now it's even worse. I saw this picture (or one similar) in a thread I was reading tonight & the bile rose in my throat.

l-ron-hubbard_3.jpg

I felt physically ill looking at him.

Does anyone else feel this way?

You're not alone with this. It's a natural reaction.

HelluvaHoax!

This just might be why repulsive Ron is so repulsive. . .

517B5WJGRKL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Because anyone who knows Hubbard or Scientology knows that there is a special secret "message" from Ron embedded in every one of those vainglorious self-portraits.

Your greatest friend has something he wants to communicate about his feelings towards you. . .

517B5WJGRKL_SL500_AA300_-1.jpg

EXPLANATION: Well, let's see, Ron was Buddha, so I guess that his digital configuration symbolizes the great "Middle Way".

HelluvaHoax!

Secret+Lives+-+L.+Ron+Hubbard3.jpg

Close your eyes.
You're getting [STRIKE]sleepy[/STRIKE] anaten, very anaten.
You're falling deeper and deeper into a wonderful [STRIKE]relaxed[/STRIKE] F/Ning feeling.
You feel very, very [STRIKE]light[/STRIKE] exterior.
You don't feel any [STRIKE]worries[/STRIKE] entheta.
You're falling into a deeper and deeper state of [STRIKE]sleep[/STRIKE] OT.
When I snap my fingers and you [STRIKE]wake up[/STRIKE] go up the bridge
You are going to feel [STRIKE]happier[/STRIKE] more uptone & [STRIKE]optimistic[/STRIKE] cause than you have ever felt.
And if anyone ever asks you if you are actually [STRIKE]hypnotized[/STRIKE] a brainwashed cult member--
You will answer with [STRIKE]confidence[/STRIKE] total certainty
By responding [STRIKE]what ever gave you that idea[/STRIKE] what are your crimes?​

HelluvaHoax!

profile_chronology_81_l-ron-hubbard.jpg

In case you are wondering why I am so VVGI's today,
it's because I have made a huge technical breakthrough!
Now we have a better Bridge to Total Freedom, because...
I hired a graphic illustrator to make this schematic chart
which gives people a real sense of scientific certainty
when I broadly grin while feeding them total and absolute lies.

Smilla

Ordinary Human

profile_chronology_81_l-ron-hubbard.jpg

In case you are wondering why I am so VVGI's today,
it's because I have made a huge technical breakthrough!
Now we have a better Bridge to Total Freedom, because...
I hired a graphic illustrator to make this schematic chart
which gives people a real sense of scientific certainty
when I broadly grin while feeding them total and absolute lies.

Is that not Mr Dorian Gray?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I felt the same physical illness upon looking upon Hubbard when I got out back in the late 70's but also those that mirrored and empowered him in his orgs had that same revulsionary effect upon me in that I didn't feel I was dealing with tangilble/cognizant beings but rather carbon copies of a measely rectal nematode of a psychotic fraud who together with him were conspiring in holding my friends hostage in a world of despair and psychosis. And you just couldn't wake very many people up from their nightmare that they for some reasom clinged to as a sanctuary of last resort. Scientology wasn't just Hubbard, it was those that empowered him..... :omg:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Is that not Mr Dorian Gray?

Na, Dorian Grey was physically attractive and even as he rotted he was never as ugly as Hubbard. Rather than seeking comparisons in Wilde's books, I would suggest H.P. Lovecraft's body of work. (Or maybe Goya's black period if we need some paintings for comparison.)

Whenever I want to feel "upstat" on a Thursday at 2 p.m., I just take a look at this "pictcha"...

View attachment 4811

I think in a few hours, at 2 p.m., I'll take a quick look...always makes me feel like compared to this, I has "supah-powahs."

i kinda like this photo of the barstid. it's got a bohemian funk to it.

i only ever saw one photo of him i liked when i was in. he was sitting at a desk, on the apollo i think, laughing and it appeared a very human warmhearted laugh.

the black and white photo in the academies was quite strong, his head resting on the heel of his palm above a wristwatch. very fierce intense eyes. i didn't like culty, stalinist, big brother bit but i did think it a very proper and effective call to take the study of auditing seriously.

that photo has been massively retouched since his death. in 2004 i received a small legacy from my mother. first time in my life i ever had more than $3000 in my hand. one of the first things i did was to pay off the bulk of my "freeloader" debt at fcdc and i then went down there at xmas and had a great talk with liz clapp in the chapel which was dominated by that retouched photo. amazing top of the line work it made the man very appealing.

can anyone come up with this new image?

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

Secret+Lives+-+L.+Ron+Hubbard3.jpg

Close your eyes.
You're getting [STRIKE]sleepy[/STRIKE] anaten, very anaten.
You're falling deeper and deeper into a wonderful [STRIKE]relaxed[/STRIKE] F/Ning feeling.
You feel very, very [STRIKE]light[/STRIKE] exterior.
You don't feel any [STRIKE]worries[/STRIKE] entheta.
You're falling into a deeper and deeper state of [STRIKE]sleep[/STRIKE] OT.
When I snap my fingers and you [STRIKE]wake up[/STRIKE] go up the bridge
You are going to feel [STRIKE]happier[/STRIKE] more uptone & [STRIKE]optimistic[/STRIKE] cause than you have ever felt.
And if anyone ever asks you if you are actually [STRIKE]hypnotized[/STRIKE] a brainwashed cult member--
You will answer with [STRIKE]confidence[/STRIKE] total certainty
By responding [STRIKE]what ever gave you that idea[/STRIKE] what are your crimes?​

give-us-a-warning.png

:omg:
ARGHHH. I am scarred for life.