What's new

He who knows does not speak . . . .

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
The fact here is that I took the original OP quote OUT OF CONTEXT. :biggrin: :coolwink:

It is in regards to "the Tao". Add a few more lines such as this one to the original and you start to get the full idea:

"The Tao that can be expressed is not the eternal Tao; The name that can be defined is not the unchanging name."

I selectively took it out of context to piss on Hubbard's endless tendency towards garish excess, haughty verbosity and arrogant spewing . . . . :omg: :ohmy:

I like this section (the truth is IN YOU) from the Tao Te Ching - but you have to learn how to really shut the fuck up (internally, mentally) to "see it" (get "silent", become one with the silent watcher or observer):

Since before time and space were,
the Tao is.
It is beyond is and is not.
How do I know this is true?
I look inside myself and see.

:itstrue:

I think most of us caught on, but then we already know your style. Thought provoking thread which is what you like to lead people into by use of relative, partial truths containing both truth and untruth, though in no way an ultimate truth. Actually, I arrive at clearer insights through just letting the thoughts flow while bouncing off others in this internet think tank, or in the format of journal writing. Learned that in a creative writing class in college where we were required to keep a journal and we'd write down whatever came to mind, even pure gibberish but it would mostly lead to something worthwhile. Don't know where my thoughts come from but when it's all working, they come so easily. I like the saying that "great minds think alike." You eventually find out who you can share perspectives with and not get shot down in flames so unnecessarily. It's late now and my wellspring of thought has pretty much dried up. Mornings are best after a good cup of Joe.

:goodposting:

Last edited:

AnonKat

Crusader
NO RON the word Messaih does not come from messenger, And I wonder who he talked to before this lecture in wich he sounds still sane unless some of you exes know the reast of this lecture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah

[video=youtube;T80b62umnis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T80b62umnis[/video]

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I like this section (the truth is IN YOU) from the Tao Te Ching - but you have to learn how to really shut the fuck up (internally, mentally) to "see it" (get "silent", become one with the silent watcher or observer):

Since before time and space were,
the Tao is.
It is beyond is and is not.
How do I know this is true?
I look inside myself and see.

:itstrue:

The most challenging thing in life ....-to put the switch off :biggrin:

Funny, in the book I'm reading now, there is a chapter where he gives some tricks - It's about creating your mantras to shut off (or quiet) the painfull mental noise
:wink2:

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Yep. At least L Ron Hubbard wasn't shy about the need to impose control right from the first moment a person encounters Scientology. Some highlights from "scripture":

^^^ HCO POLICY LETTER OF 21 FEBRUARY 1961 Issue II CHOOSING PE AND REGISTRATION PERSONNEL

^^^HCO POLICY LETTER OF 22 JULY 1982 - IMPORTANT - KNOWLEDGE REPORTS

And so it goes on.

thanks for posting what you posted. :thumbsup:

I recall in the past what bit for me was this line from the PL

"One must discover what is best for the applicant and then control him into obtaining it. Leaving it up to his "self-determinism" is really leaving it up to his reactive mind."

And what "bit" or got me hooked you might say, or even more hooked, was at the time I read that Pl back in the 1990's,

and because I wasn't "clear",

why I thought I was acting on my "reactive mind" as opposed to being self determined.

Which I find out what 23 years later is totally false.

Until one is "clear", one is not self determined is in essence the line I bought. But that is not true.

And in essence, hubbard is totally evaluating for a person.

But also, to say that scientology increases one's self-determinism, and yet at the same time one cannot be self-determined while going up the Bridge to "clear" is a mind fuk, a trap.