Hearing Jan 22 Miscavige still to be deposed

Lone Star

Crusader
Re: Reasons Why Texas State Litigants Who Seek Mandamus Often Don't Get It

For you guys with experience in all this and who have been in Court battles against the cult, my request and recommendation is that you file "Friends of the Court Briefs."

We need to make known to the Courts (the current Court and the Appellate Court(s)) the nature of this cult animal and its doctrinal operating basis of lying and overt and covert vexatious destructive intent against any justice and truth.

It would be a mistake to allow any Court to proceed on the basis of any notion that these are normal people behaving in any normal manner before the Courts.

They must be seen to be the venomous snakes they are.

And this can be done by the use of Friends of the Court Briefs/Submissions. In fact, such can have an even more powerful affect on the Court than the submissions from the parties in dispute.

Here on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_of_the_court

There is a lot more in the nice write-up on wiki.

Rog

NO..NO..NO..A thousand times NO!! We already had a thorough discussion about this last month. This is a terrible idea. Yes I know the intention is honorable, but as TG1 said this Judge is buried under paperwork as it is. And right now he blames the Scilon side because they're the ones burying him. If the other side starts burying him then he'll be even more frustrated. He has no paralegals to help him. Not even one.

Look, Ray Jeffrey knows what the hell he's doing. He already has 16 Sworn Declarations from former members and executives of the CoS that have helped the Judge to see "what snakes they are." Oh, and he said on Wednesday that he's only been able to read half of them so far. So do you really think burying him with a bunch of amicus briefs will make matters any better?

Sorry for the toughness here, but again, I thought we discussed this last month and agreed that this is a terrible idea. Because it is! One of those "good intentions that leads to hell" ideas. So to speak.

Judge Waldrip is seeing the cult for what it is, in my opinion. Two of the best lawyers in Texas argued up one mountain and down the other why it's a bad, legal idea to depose Miscavige. What did the Judge say? "I see even more evidence that he needs to be deposed."

Ray Jeffrey is doing a great job. He doesn't need a bunch of us throwing amicus briefs at this court.

Last edited:

AnonKat

Crusader

do_not_want_cat.jpg

Don't give the Church of Scientology any ammo

For you guys with experience in all this and who have been in Court battles against the cult, my request and recommendation is that you file "Friends of the Court Briefs."

We need to make known to the Courts (the current Court and the Appellate Court(s)) the nature of this cult animal and its doctrinal operating basis of lying and overt and covert vexatious destructive intent against any justice and truth.

It would be a mistake to allow any Court to proceed on the basis of any notion that these are normal people behaving in any normal manner before the Courts.

And this can be done by the use of Friends of the Court Briefs/Submissions. In fact, such can have an even more powerful affect on the Court than the submissions from the parties in dispute.

Rog

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Pretty sure a major reason he does not want to be deposed is because it is being requested by a bitter, defrocked apostate. He doesn't take orders from ANYONE, and surely not the likes of a ex-member squirrel!!!!

I think THE major reasons are that he does not want to put himself in a position where he would face perjury charges for not answering truthfully, plus he does not know what questions they would ask him and (more importantly) for what questions they could prove his answer was a lie.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think THE major reasons are that he does not want to put himself in a position where he would face perjury charges for not answering truthfully, plus he does not know what questions they would ask him and (more importantly) for what questions they could prove his answer was a lie.

Also, the guy lives in a bubble where no one asks him questions or answers back. They just do everything he says.

Remember Leah Remini asking where his wife was? The wild reaction from Tommy Davis shows the climate surrounding Miscavige. No one dares to question him.

I would think he would do anything to avoid appearing in court, even including giving mega bucks to his worst enemy, because if he had to answer questions in court I don't think he could hold himself together. He'd want to hit someone. I think he knows it and those around him know it. That's just my 2 cents worth.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Could this be because Miscavige is absolutely terrified of having to appear in public and is going mental, screaming and threatening to go medieval on the asses of everyone around him and they in turn pass it on to his lawyers who are now bitterly regretting getting involved despite the eye-popping amount the cult is paying?

Two reasons why he should be afraid to appear in that court room in person:

(1) It provides a place and time where ANYBODY who wants to serve him with papers may do so, with his having no ability to stop it, nor ability to ever deny he was served.

(2) He's aware of how likely being on the receiving end of "bait and badger" may push him over the edge into a psychotic episode, bad enough that he gets dragged into a mental hospital for observation.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

(1) It provides a place and time where ANYBODY who wants to serve him with papers may do so, with his having no ability to stop it, nor ability to ever deny he was served.

(2) He's aware of how likely being on the receiving end of "bait and badger" may push him over the edge into a psychotic episode, bad enough that he gets dragged into a mental hospital for observation.

Not to mention that the people who will probably be engineering a lot of the questions (Rinder/Rathbun) know EXACTLY what to ask....

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
This is obviously a troll but nevertheless a bad example for the children.

Doesn't FY realise a good many of those who post on ESMB also post on WWP?

We don't go around calling anyone names so FY might not realise we exist.

But I think this is a troll.. :offtopic:

Yawn...you forgot "OSA goon" and "Scientologist".

Look, I respect your rights to take another man in your mouf and you should respect mine to dislike an ignorant handful of haters. :yes:

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors

He has committed way too many crimes against humanity. He'll NEVER allow himself to be in a setting where he doesn't control the outcome.

At least that's what I think.

tikk

Patron with Honors

It seems like once a year someone suggests this and so once again I'll recommend to never do this. For one thing, an amicus brief has no place in trial court whatsoever. For another, well, that should actually be good enough.

Rog

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

I agree. The biggest danger to someone like Miscavige is being caught between damaging admission and even more damaging lie.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Another MOST EXCELLENT piece of work, Lone Star! :yes: Many thanks!!! :clap:

IMHO, by now Dib for sure knows he's got a tiger by the tail, a rattlesnake in his rucksack and there is no doubt in his mind that the Appellate Process will be used liberally and often by the Cof$'s multiple personality disorder structure. DM's attorneys--and, ultimately, that's what all of the defendants lawyers are--can rattle all the "precedence" sabers they want at Ole Dib and he ain't gonna flinch. :no:

I doubt very seriously that the Defense lawyers are on a performance based fee structure. I think what has them so rabid and aggressive is that they have a client that will pay anything for them to do anything that keeps the client out of a deposition or courtroom and part of their courtroom antics are for purposes of stroking their deep pocketed clients personal emotional needs. :coolwink:

When Marty and Mosey moved to Ray's neighborhood I put up a Post to the effect that the Cof$ better be real careful about messing around with the Rathbuns anymore because the whole set-up could turn into a trap that would be DM's/Cof$'s worst nightmare. The trap has been sprung and DM/Cof$ has flailed about continuing to spring more traps, to the point that chewing off the leg that sprung the first trap won't get them outta their mess in Texas. :thumbsup:

Face:)

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
Another MOST EXCELLENT piece of work, Lone Star! :yes: Many thanks!!! :clap:

IMHO, by now Dib for sure knows he's got a tiger by the tail, a rattlesnake in his rucksack and there is no doubt in his mind that the Appellate Process will be used liberally and often by the Cof$'s multiple personality disorder structure. DM's attorneys--and, ultimately, that's what all of the defendants lawyers are--can rattle all the "precedence" sabers they want at Ole Dib and he ain't gonna flinch. :no:

I doubt very seriously that the Defense lawyers are on a performance based fee structure. I think what has them so rabid and aggressive is that they have a client that will pay anything for them to do anything that keeps the client out of a deposition or courtroom and part of their courtroom antics are for purposes of stroking their deep pocketed clients personal needs. :coolwink:

When Marty and Mosey moved to Ray's neighborhood I put up a Post to the effect that the Cof$ better be real careful about messing around with the Rathbuns anymore because the whole set-up could turn into a trap that would be DM's/Cof$'s worst nightmare. The trap has been sprung and DM/Cof$ has flailed about continuing to spring more traps, to the point that chewing off the leg that sprung the first trap won't get them outta their mess in Texas. :thumbsup:

All thru the State they have these roadsigns that say " Don't Mess With Texas".

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think something that is very clear to Dib at this point is that Mosey's attorneys want to argue Facts and DM's attorneys want to argue Law.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cedillo, IMHO, is simply planting a seed that a Change of Venue is in order as his client can't get a "Fair Trial" in Dib's Jurisdiction due to all the "Media Hype". I expect that the seed will be fertilized and watered regularly as this all moves forward towards Jury Selection and Trial. :yes:

Church Lawyer Cedillo in a Rant about the court being a circus for bloggers, Message Baords and the internet !

LOL

Let's look at who contributes to the "Circus". The Church parades in 16 Lawyers for pre-trial hearings, the Trial has not even BEGUN ~~
Listen to his rant here ~~

http://youtu.be/FaAU26fGVm4

RogerB

Crusader
Roger,

I respectfully disagree that amici curiae briefs should be filed in this case.

This poor Texas district judge doesn't even have a law clerk to analyze court pleadings. His court clerk isn't a lawyer.

He's already being buried in paper by the CoS.

The last thing he needs is non-lawyered-up exes drafting their own pleadings (with no knowledge of relevant Texas case law) submitting more crap he needs to read.

I cannot imagine that Ray Jeffrey, Marc Wiegand, and Elliott Cappuccio collectively don't know what points to make and which case law is most supportive of Monique's claims and their own arguments.

TG1

TG,

Given these on the ground facts such as our Dib not even having a law clerk, I'd say your counsel is correct.

I was prompted to post as I did in the context of the filing of a Writ of Mandamusby the cult . . . it is here in the Appellate Courts where the Friends of the Court briefs are effect. They are often seen, for example, at the US Supreme Court.

I still believe such a filing to the Appellate Court in response to the Writ of Mandamus by the cult will be a good move.

Rog

tikk

Patron with Honors
TG,

Given these on the ground facts such as our Dib not even having a law clerk, I'd say your counsel is correct.

I was prompted to post as I did in the context of the filing of a Writ of Mandamusby the cult . . . it is here in the Appellate Courts where the Friends of the Court briefs are effect. They are often seen, for example, at the US Supreme Court.

I still believe such a filing to the Appellate Court in response to the Writ of Mandamus by the cult will be a good move.

Rog

It would still not be a good idea. Amicus briefs are to guide appellate courts on matters of law, not facts. Given that, try explaining here, in as general terms as you like, how such a brief would go, keeping mind that the brief cannot introduce any facts about either party whatsoever.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Cedillo, IMHO, is simply planting a seed that a Change of Venue is in order as his client can't get a "Fair Trial" in Dib's Jurisdiction due to all the "Media Hype". I expect that the seed will be fertilized and watered regularly as this all moves forward towards Jury Selection and Trial. :yes:

One wonders what jurisdiction "pure as the driven snow" Scientologists can get a fair trial these days?

They seem to have worn out their welcome in Comal County and the state of Texas--and for that matter Teegeack too.

It's not easy being a Homo Novis "on this planet", valiantly trying to clear humans who seem entirely ungrateful to pay a mere half-million dollars to be defrauded, de-frocked and de-humanized.

Last edited:

TG1

Angelic Poster
I think a change of venue motion would be laughed out of Texas District Court #433 and every appellate forum above it.

It is a backwater place where "Scientology" and "David Miscavige" were either little known or not at all known until fairly recently. There's no prejudice there about the church. There was merely ignorance. It's as clean a venue as they could hope for.

What the CoS and Miscavige are unhappy about, however, is that their "style" and their "facts" are not playing well there. And I don't know what grounds they're going to find for moving venue based on those unfortunate unpopularities.

TG1