What's new

Hearing Jan 22 Miscavige still to be deposed

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
Thanks Flunk You. I appreciate it. But to be fair I think many of the folks at WWP are fine. There's a handful though that, as you say, live to hate.

I probably could've handled the situation better yesterday though. Admittedly I still had a bad attitude toward the place from last week. So my post calling them a "dead forum" was inspired by that carried over grudge from when some of them slandered ESMB without provocation. Roland being one of them.

Anyway, live and learn. I'm done with WWP. Deleted my account there a few hours ago actually.

AmaX if you're reading this.....Yes I am an attention seeking whore!!! I want hugs.....many, many hugs!!! I'm a super narcissist!! And you outed me!! Oh the shame....the shame!!! :melodramatic:
Can I ever post anywhere again without shame? :unsure:

:roflmao:

You're right. There are a couple folks there that don't have the Westboro Baptist mentality.

JustSheila

Crusader
I truly missed having ESMB for the hearing today. Needless to say that me and WWP go together like oil and water. But after some thought it's not necessarily that WWP is all bad, it just isn't for me.

But a few of them did say that "I suck cock". And to think that I thought I had to be in the CoS to get that kind of abuse!!

LS, I logged in afterward but saw what happened and I'm sorry to see you were mistreated. It was mostly one member. There are a lot of good people on WWP.

:lol:

I hate those ignorant fucks with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

I read the thread on that young girl who killed herself, and one for one blamed the whole mess on scientology. Now, I can totally understand that point of view IF the girl was reaching for medical help and the family stopped her, but if you've ever read about depression, more than half the people with depression don't get professional help. Nor is it a 100% success rate with the meds.

Those buttplugs at WWP just live to hate, so any news will be bent to help justify their hate for the church. It has gotta be pretty unhealthy to harbor so much anger towards a entity you've only read about.

Some on WWP are very rude and I don't make excuses for that, but I disagree with you, except the part where you stand up for yourself. Everyone should stand up for themselves.

The young girl has a name. Taylor Tweed.

She was terribly underweight when she died and had many bouts of depression in her life. As a minor, her mother should have - and probably would have, if she hadn't been so enthralled with Scientology - sought medical help for her daughter when Scientology and other methods didn't work. Any normal loving parent would be committed to helping their child.

Toward the end of Taylor's life, her mother refused to help her. Taylor was mentally unbalanced. In the world outside of Scientology, a parent or other adult would take responsibility for one who is temporarily unbalanced. That didn't happen.

Various stories by those who knew Taylor and wrote on Tony's blog confirm that Taylor was raised in a toxic environment and did not receive the family, medical and other love and support she needed, mainly due to the way the mother went about practicing her Scientology beliefs, i.e., lack of medical, lack of parental responsibility, the use of disconnection and unwillingness to seek help outside of Scientology when Scientology failed her daughter.

So I am one who puts the blame squarely on Scientology and the mother's robotic practice of it. Had Taylor not been raised to shun medical assistance, she would probably be alive and healing now. She may not ever have even developed clinical depression if she'd been raised in a more nurturing environment.

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
Some on WWP are very rude and I don't make excuses for that, but I disagree with you, except the part where you stand up for yourself. Everyone should stand up for themselves.

The young girl has a name. Taylor Tweed.

She was terribly underweight when she died and had many bouts of depression in her life. As a minor, her mother should have - and probably would have, if she hadn't been so enthralled with Scientology - sought medical help for her daughter when Scientology and other methods didn't work. Any normal loving parent would be committed to helping their child.

Toward the end of Taylor's life, her mother refused to help her. Taylor was mentally unbalanced. In the world outside of Scientology, a parent or other adult would take responsibility for one who is temporarily unbalanced. That didn't happen.

Various stories by those who knew Taylor and wrote on Tony's blog confirm that Taylor was raised in a toxic environment and did not receive the family, medical and other love and support she needed, mainly due to the way the mother went about practicing her Scientology beliefs, i.e., lack of medical, lack of parental responsibility, the use of disconnection and unwillingness to seek help outside of Scientology when Scientology failed her daughter.

So I am one who puts the blame squarely on Scientology and the mother's robotic practice of it. Had Taylor not been raised to shun medical assistance, she would probably be alive and healing now. She may not ever have even developed clinical depression if she'd been raised in a more nurturing environment.

I don't pretend to know her personal circumstances, so gleaming a few details from a thread doesn't really paint the whole picture. I don't know if she had the wherewithal to ask for professional help. I also don't have a crystal ball and wouldn't be able to say 100% she would have been saved by seeing a professional. I, personally, have lost friends who were on meds and it didn't help. Some started to self-medicate when the pills weren't as effective, and some were on such a cocktail of pills, I couldn't understand how they were even standing half the time.

I do, however, have experience with depression and know for a fact that it's a deep dark place I don't ever want to go back to. I did get medical help and it didn't kill me. But, I also know it's not an exact science. I've talked to people who had to try 5 different things before something worked. Personally, I had to fight every thing I was ever taught to get that help. Then I had to fight the fear of taking a pill. And I know I wasn't alone in that fear. Everything I've read, or every person I've talked to about it had the same reservations and fears.

I'm merely saying it isn't a guarantee she would have been fine. Google "antidepressant suicides".

As far as her mother goes, YEAH, she's a nut-bag. She's simply parroting a "causative" point of view to make herself right so she doesn't swallow her tongue for giving up on her child. That's something she'll have to keep on suppress the rest of her scientology life.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think he's afraid of outsiders seeing that he needs to sit on a couple of LA sized phone books in order to see over the dais or witness stand in a courtroom. :yes:

:lol:
It's called ass-tech. DM is source on that. He's the foremost expert on any tech related to asses or sphincters.

I understand he used to wander around a mental institution on Hollywood Boulevard, just helping random men with their asses.

When your David Miscavige and you walk past someone with issues with their ass, you know you have to help. You're the only one that can.

That's how he met Tom Cruise. That's why they are such close friends. That is why, even though his first wife Mimi and his third wife Katie left him, Tom Cruise always had David Miscavige right behind him, helping with his ass. Not sure if that contributed to the divorces at all, but it would have made the honeymoons interesting.

JustSheila

Crusader
I don't pretend to know her personal circumstances, so gleaming a few details from a thread doesn't really paint the whole picture. I don't know if she had the wherewithal to ask for professional help. I also don't have a crystal ball and wouldn't be able to say 100% she would have been saved by seeing a professional. I, personally, have lost friends who were on the meds and it didn't help...<deleted for brevity>

...I'm merely saying it isn't a guarantee she would have been fine. Google "antidepressant suicides".

As far as her mother goes, YEAH, she's a nut-bag. She's simply parroting a "causative" point of view to make herself right so she doesn't swallow her tongue for giving up on her child. That's something she'll have to keep on suppress the rest of her scientology life.

Thanks, FlunkYou. I agree. Depression needs the entire holistic approach - social, spiritual/religion as appropriate, meds as needed, one-on-one counselling, reasonably healthy eating and exercise. Meds alone is a far cry from ideal.
And yeh, the mother.... Grrrrrr!!! :angry:

/derail

Miscavige deposed! OMG I'm so excited! :omg: Go Monique! Go Texas! Go Judge! :clap: :clap:

pebbles

Patron with Honors

I read the thread on that young girl who killed herself, and one for one blamed the whole mess on scientology. Now, I can totally understand that point of view IF the girl was reaching for medical help and the family stopped her, but if you've ever read about depression, more than half the people with depression don't get professional help. Nor is it a 100% success rate with the meds.

Those buttplugs at WWP just live to hate, so any news will be bent to help justify their hate for the church. It has gotta be pretty unhealthy to harbor so much anger towards a entity you've only read about.

(ps. I got your back, Homie. I'll talk smack to those ass-clowns any day of the week.)

It's not a church- it's a cult. And I am anon not because I hate, but because I love.

Gib

Crusader
I truly missed having ESMB for the hearing today

Thanks for being there at the hearing. You did a great job, a Man of Steel.

And I see you became a celebrity according to the cult lawyers, part of a media circus and all. LOL

Maybe during the next get together you can get one of those pop-up shades or tents and offer a free personality test to the lawyers when they walk into the courthouse. After all, maybe they too need to know what is "wrong with themselves". :yes:

Maybe down of the left, maybe down on the right. IF all above the line, tweetie weetie.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hey Lone Star, GREAT JOB :thumbsup:. Thanks a million bunches for going along & being our "man on the spot". I love how Tony O refers to you as "ESMB's Lone Star".

As for WWP, sorry you had a hard time. It's par for the course over there these days. And that Amax, well that's just a nasty piece of crazy assed shit right there.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey Lone Star, GREAT JOB :thumbsup:. Thanks a million bunches for going along & being our "WOMAN on the spot". I love how Tony O refers to you as "ESMB's Lone Star".

As for WWP, sorry you had a hard time. It's par for the course over there these days. And that Amax, well that's just a nasty piece of crazy assed shit right there.
fixt. If I'm not mistaken.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think it was the "beat the crap out of them in return" that got the LOLs.. I know I smiled and nodded in agreement :yes:

OK, no worries. I don't really approve of violence but I believe that anyone who thinks a funeral is a suitable place for them to promote their political or religious views concerning the deceased, needs to have their error of judgment pointed out to them in terms they're unlikely to forget.

What I find heartening is that wherever I've seen Fred Phelps and the WBC discussed, pretty much everyone seems to agree.

There was a comment on Tony's blog tonight by a Texas litigator that in Texas, writs of mandamus are somewhat more common and also more likely to be granted than in other states - he thought 1 out of 20 is granted. Also there is a lot of deference to religion, including a Texas Supreme Court case where the court concluded that there was no right to bring suit against a church that performed an exorcism on a girl without her parents' permission and which resulted in physical injury and emotional damage. Interestingly, Wallace Jefferson dissented on that one - he said religion can't be used as a cloak.

Well, this is fucking interesting.

http://www.haynesboone.com/files/Pu...4c4-c39ae912158c/Current_Mandamus_Trends_.pdf

Lamont Jefferson's law firm apparently has an expert on the subject of of Mandamus relief.

http://66.203.157.107/wsg_practicemembers.asp?action=pro&n1=7188&group=2583

Professional Career

Significant Accomplishments
Using her procedural experience and focus on teamwork, Ms. Precella has successfully helped her clients do the following:

Consolidate matters for multi-district litigation.
Obtain mandamus review and temporary relief.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes I also read that comment. But it got me to thinkin' again. I could see her at a 'church' gathering, behaving very out of it and the group holds her down and does their 'exorcism' thing. One time shot. Didn't work. Parents upset, ensuing lawsuit. No malice intended, just a belief to help. Sure that apparently didn't work but I would think intent, circumstances, duration, frequency and other factors would have to be known to merit legal consideration ...Okay okay,,,that is all in my imagination....I would have to read the doc's if I can find them.

...but for comparison. Group crosses state borders, planning to talk someone into some kind of agreement. They start stalking, blocking roads, invading privacy and it goes on for 199 days at escalated absurd levels as it did in Marty and Monigue's situation. This is not of any similar magnitude to what I alluded to above. I just don't see how such a thing going on around the clock for months on end, with the adult Rathbuns even asking for police help and even moving away to stop the harassment isn't going far beyond just a hypothetical (as I haven't familiarized myself with the case ) one time situation.

Not really a comparable case at all. I will try to find the case and read up on it, to see if it does seem to approach having enough similar components to even be used as an argument for a writ of mandamus.

Edit: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25423465/#.UuIxWdIo4kU just a place holder for me really but the first thing that is noticed is that this was not a writ of mandamus as I understand it. It must have been an appeal on a case decided at lower court. My first emphasis would be on tried, and then jury and then decided. Big differences here as regards Mosey's case..hell the case is only in seek and hide mode so far. LOL

There was a comment on Tony's blog tonight by a Texas litigator that in Texas, writs of mandamus are somewhat more common and also more likely to be granted than in other states - he thought 1 out of 20 is granted. Also there is a lot of deference to religion, including a Texas Supreme Court case where the court concluded that there was no right to bring suit against a church that performed an exorcism on a girl without her parents' permission and which resulted in physical injury and emotional damage. Interestingly, Wallace Jefferson dissented on that one - he said religion can't be used as a cloak.

Last edited:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron

(ps. I got your back, Homie. I'll talk smack to those ass-clowns any day of the week.)

This is obviously a troll but nevertheless a bad example for the children.

Doesn't FY realise a good many of those who post on ESMB also post on WWP?

We don't go around calling anyone names so FY might not realise we exist.

But I think this is a troll.. :offtopic:

RogerB

Crusader
Re: Reasons Why Texas State Litigants Who Seek Mandamus Often Don't Get It

http://courtsandwriting.blogspot.com/2013/07/reasons-why-texas-state-litigants-who.html

(excerpt)

Mandamus is one of the extraordinary writs by which a higher court can mandate to a lower court. To seek it is an original proceeding, not an appeal. It's form is that it is a lawsuit against a trial judge, an appeals court or a government agency. Applying for mandamus can really anger a trial judge because the judge is a respondent, acting in the proceeding pro se or through counsel. A party can apply for a writ of mandamus even though it has not gotten a final judgment. The party seeking the mandamus is the applicant or movant, and a party affected by the application that did not seek it is called a real party in interest. The respondent in an application to Texas Supreme Court or the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals is either a court of appeals or a government agency.

From In re TXU Elec. Co., 67 S.W.3d 130,132 (Tex. 2001):
Mandamus is an extraordinary remedy available "only in situations involving manifest and urgent necessity and not for grievances that may be addressed by other remedies." Walker v. Packer, 827 S.W.2d 833, 840 (Tex.1992). To obtain mandamus relief, the relator must demonstrate a clear abuse of discretion for which there is no adequate remedy at law. Id. at 839-40. A party establishes that no adequate remedy at law exists by showing that the party is in real danger of permanently losing its substantial rights. Canadian Helicopters, Ltd. v. Wittig, 876 S.W.2d 304, 306 (Tex.1994). Thus, mandamus will not issue absent "compelling circumstances." Tilton v. Marshall, 925 S.W.2d 672, 681 (Tex.1996).

For you guys with experience in all this and who have been in Court battles against the cult, my request and recommendation is that you file "Friends of the Court Briefs."

We need to make known to the Courts (the current Court and the Appellate Court(s)) the nature of this cult animal and its doctrinal operating basis of lying and overt and covert vexatious destructive intent against any justice and truth.

It would be a mistake to allow any Court to proceed on the basis of any notion that these are normal people behaving in any normal manner before the Courts.

They must be seen to be the venomous snakes they are.

And this can be done by the use of Friends of the Court Briefs/Submissions. In fact, such can have an even more powerful affect on the Court than the submissions from the parties in dispute.

Here on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_of_the_court

An amicus curiae (also amicus curiæ; plural amici curiae, literally "friend of the court") is someone who is not a party to a case who offers information that bears on the case but that has not been solicited by any of the parties to assist a court. This may take the form of legal opinion, testimony or learned treatise (the amicus brief) and is a way to introduce concerns ensuring that the possibly broad legal effects of a court decision will not depend solely on the parties directly involved in the case. The decision on whether to admit the information lies at the discretion of the court. The phrase amicus curiae is legal Latin

There is a lot more in the nice write-up on wiki.

Rog

TG1

Angelic Poster
Roger,

I respectfully disagree that amici curiae briefs should be filed in this case.

This poor Texas district judge doesn't even have a law clerk to analyze court pleadings. His court clerk isn't a lawyer.

He's already being buried in paper by the CoS.

The last thing he needs is non-lawyered-up exes drafting their own pleadings (with no knowledge of relevant Texas case law) submitting more crap he needs to read.

I cannot imagine that Ray Jeffrey, Marc Wiegand, and Elliott Cappuccio collectively don't know what points to make and which case law is most supportive of Monique's claims and their own arguments.

TG1