What's new

Hearing Jan 22 Miscavige still to be deposed

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think a change of venue motion would be laughed out of Texas District Court #433 and every appellate forum above it.

It is a backwater place where "Scientology" and "David Miscavige" were either little known or not at all known until fairly recently. There's no prejudice there about the church. There was merely ignorance. It's as clean a venue as they could hope for.

What the CoS and Miscavige are unhappy about, however, is that their "style" and their "facts" are not playing well there. And I don't know what grounds they're going to find for moving venue based on those unfortunate unpopularities.

TG1

Oh, I don't think it will "Fly" but I think it may well be attempted. Much of what the Defense has been so far is Smoke & Mirrors, Grasping at Straws and Chest Beating in order to stall, Stall, STALL!

Face:)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
It is a bit surprising that COB's legal dream team is thrashing about so desperately, looking for any theory, loophole or "religious angle" to avoid his deposition.

Now that SuperPower has been released, they shouldn't have any more problems because Lamont Johnson can do the "Bright Think Rundown" over the weekend and come back to court Monday with a bright idea. . .

LAMONT JOHNSON
Your honor, after much deliberation, and with respect to the Court's
busy case load--my client has agreed to waive filing a Writ of Mandamus
and other legal remedies in the matter of his deposition. While we assert
that it is his legal right as one of the world's premiere spiritual leaders to
not subject himself to interrogation and inquisition, he has graciously risen
above the plaintiff's vexatious pleadings--and agreed to be deposed.

JUDGE WALDRIP
Wutttt? I can't believe it.

LAMONT JOHNSON
Believe it your honor. We just ask for one minor
concession. During his deposition, Mr. Miscavige wishes
to have a teleprompter and his speechwriter nearby.

How it looks to a Scientologist: Fighting for religious freedom is an Ideal Scene.

How it looks to a normal person: Criminal Scientologists hiding behind religious cloaking is an Ideal obScene.

Last edited:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
They don't even have a church of Scientology in New Braunfels that I could find. Should be easy to find jury members who have never heard of them.

HelluvaHoax!

It's a good old fashioned Texas showdown between the cult's two premiere gunslingers--COB and his (former) Inspector General.

The COS (Crimewave of Scientology) and all its OTs have been "operating" for 64 years and all they can come up with to shatter Marty Rathbun is filing a Writ of Mandamus? LOL.

Maybe it's not surprising, because hasn't that always been Hubbard's solution to whistleblowers? The cult calls it a "Declare"--in legal terms, a Writ of Man(under)dabus.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
They don't even have a church of Scientology in New Braunfels that I could find. Should be easy to find jury members who have never heard of them.

I agree. The Scn footprint in Texas is very slight in Austin, DFW and Houston and miniscule outside of those three cities. However, look for the Cof$ to try and create the "News" exposure it needs to start to "build" their "Case". Of course it won't "Fly" but, the Cof$'s "successes" in Legal Cases in the past have all come from paying unlimited millions for a War of Attrition to wear down, exhaust and bankrupt the opposition, frustrate everyone possible involved in the process and "against" them, and orchestrate Media "events" to "Poison the Well" and Public displays to turn the litigation into a Profit Center by garnering huge donations from the Flocked Flock of Sheeple. :angry:

IMHO, the Scn's army of "Borgs" ain't what it used to be, times have changed and anywhere in Texas is a Little Big Horn for them but, just like Custer, they are arrogant, have no shame and only know one way to fight which is to mindlessly and blindly "Charge" and attack, Attack, ATTACK and they will string this thing out and ratchet it up until, in the end, the defeat will be times multiple more that it coulda been. :yes:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I think a change of venue motion would be laughed out of Texas District Court #433 and every appellate forum above it.

It is a backwater place where "Scientology" and "David Miscavige" were either little known or not at all known until fairly recently. There's no prejudice there about the church. There was merely ignorance. It's as clean a venue as they could hope for.

What the CoS and Miscavige are unhappy about, however, is that their "style" and their "facts" are not playing well there. And I don't know what grounds they're going to find for moving venue based on those unfortunate unpopularities.

TG1

At this point, if Scientology wants a venue where they aren't unpopular, they should think of building a courthouse on the moon.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
At this point, if Scientology wants a venue where they aren't unpopular, they should think of building a courthouse on the moon.

I know some non-Scn family members of mine would love to be on the jury. My Sea Org mother is so PTS and has no idea her entire family is so against her being in Scn, they pretend to be social but they are so mad.

HelluvaHoax!

I agree. The Scn footprint in Texas is very slight in Austin, DFW and Houston and miniscule outside of those three cities. However, look for the Cof$ to try and create the "News" exposure it needs to start to "build" their "Case". Of course it won't "Fly" but, the Cof$'s "successes" in Legal Cases in the past have all come from paying unlimited millions for a War of Attrition to wear down, exhaust and bankrupt the opposition, frustrate everyone possible involved in the process and "against" them, and orchestrate Media "events" to "Poison the Well" and Public displays to turn the litigation into a Profit Center by garnering huge donations from the Flocked Flock of Sheeple. :angry:

IMHO, the Scn's army of "Borgs" ain't what it used to be, times have changed and anywhere in Texas is a Little Big Horn for them but, just like Custer, they are arrogant, have no shame and only know one way to fight which is to mindlessly and blindly "Charge" and attack, Attack, ATTACK and they will string this thing out and ratchet it up until, in the end, the defeat will be times multiple more that it coulda been. :yes:

The sheer lunacy of the cult's strategy to "handle" Marty Rathbun is often hard to fathom.

They should have just left him alone. But, nooooooooo, they couldn't resist fair gaming him. LOL

Like ever other black ops caper the cult ever feebly attempted (e.g. Paulette Cooper, et al) the fallout from their failed shatter-tech is radioactive and lasts for decades after the fact.

What worse result could one possibly envision than publicizing their own vindictive brand of crazy by sending to the Rathbun's house that stalking team of Operating Headcam zombies? LOL. See Streisand Effect.

If this was a baseball game, the team's manager would look at who is at the plate (Ray Jeffrey) and know that he is a power slugger with a formidable batting average. After all, he kicked the cult's ass the last two times he was at bat, cranking it over the fence.

Even a dimwitted manager would have signaled the pitcher to intentionally walk Ray.

That's what the moron COB shoulda, oughta done. Walk.

He didn't walk (away) so now he's trying to run away.

Good luck there, Dave.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not gonna take the time to detail all the idiosyncrasies, ins & outs and subtleties of "Texan Culture" and "Money, Power and Influence" in Texas but, for what it's worth, here's my very brief "Take":

Texas IS a "Business Friendly" State...That's why Texas is booming while most of the rest of the U.S. is still in a recession.

Texas also IS an "Individual Rights" State...That's why many of the largest judgments against Fortune 100 & 500 Companies vs. John Q. Citizen have been handed down in Texas "Country" Courts and have been upheld against Appeal.

Texas also IS a "Freedom of Religion" State...But, Church Leader = Corporate CEO are not a fungible concept in the Texan Psyche.

Texas IS, in many ways, a "Money talks, Bullshit walks" State...However, the dynamic of Power and Influence of "Money" in Texas has modifying elements, such as lying, cheating and stealing which are highly detested and heavily penalized (if caught). If you got your dough from questionable, sleazy or underhanded means it's less "valuable" and sometimes even "worthless" to most Texans.

Texas IS a Historically "Family, Friends and Footprint" State...Texans, most of the time, "Hang Together" with "Their Own" (figuratively and literally, LOL). What sorta Folks your Family is and how you treat your family, who and what your friends are and how you treat your friends and what your "footprint" is and that of your family, friends and ancestors makes your Money more valuable to the point that there are many Texans of "modest means" that their true "Texan Wealth" is far more Powerful and Influential than many Multimillionaires. Money coming to you from "dubious" sources can lower the value of your Money and lessen your "Texan Wealth".

Texas IS a "what you have done" State...The Money of organizations and individuals that have a History of doing good things for the economy, employing people, being good citizens, treating folks the "right way" and doing things the "Texan Way" is FAR more valuable than a Johny Come Lately Self Affected Show Boat Blowhard BS Artist with a fat wallet looking to "buy their way" into the "Club".

Texas IS an "Opportunity" State...For the most part, Texans welcome new Folks with open arms and extend to them the opportunity to find their way, proof & prove their metal and build a life. However, opportunistic "outsiders' usually get handed their hat pretty damn quick.

Texas IS not "Utopia", far from it...But overall, its a pretty damn good place to live, raise a family, work and pursue happiness, and most Texans are real serious about keeping it that way.

PS: I left out the part about Texan's History of standing up to Foreign Powers (like Washington, D.C.) as I don't want to get into a political argument.:roflmao:

Last edited:

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
And Hubbard plagiarized their seal!
ds_img_direct.php
All thru the State they have these roadsigns that say " Don't Mess With Texas".

still here

Patron with Honors
I thought about this today, and thought, why on earth go to all this trouble to keep DM from giving evidence.....why not just go for it and bluff it out? Then I remembered many, many years ago after I left the SO and over the next few years progressed in a corporate world to having high level meetings. I remember how at first I was a little shocked and realised this was a different world where people applied logic, were not afraid to oppose any statement (no matter what your status), and things had to be thrashed out with logic, facts and evidence, in a civilised way, nothing I had been used to in the SO!

Thinking on DM, I thought he must be petrified. He is no intellectual, he has never really experienced, in adult life, being called to account, people confronting him and questioning him, and he has nothing to fall back on, no way to handle it, no way to know what to do. Even his lawyers are in his employ so he can threaten and bully and demand, but on a witness stand against a clever and articulate lawyer? What chance would he have?

I found it hard and a real transition, luckily I made it, but I was not having to defend everything I stood for and believed in. I am impressed that at least he must know he cannot risk it, or of course the alternative, that he is an abject coward, terrified and thinking on, it is most probably the latter.

Interesting times! :eyeroll: Wonderful.

Still

JustSheila

Crusader
Face! :happydance: :smoochy:

What a terrific cultural description of Texas and Texans. Why, you make me want to live there almost as much as Australia (but not quite as much)...! :yes:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Face! :happydance: :smoochy:

What a terrific cultural description of Texas and Texans. Why, you make me want to live there almost as much as Australia (but not quite as much)...! :yes:

:blush:

Of all the places I've been around the world, including all 50 U.S. States, Aussies and Australia is the closest thing I've seen by far to Texans and Texas. :thumbsup::flowers:

JustSheila

Crusader
Like this ? Alsoo is born somewhere in America

:blush: Thanks AK. And thanks for the edit.

I've been to Texas, I think it's just like Face describes, only, his description is far beyond the little bit I've seen. Face has a good mind for cultural and sociological detail.

AnonKat

Crusader
:blush: Thanks AK, but I gotta tell ya, please pick a different vid to post. I had no sleep the night before. It was my first day protesting ever and I don't really like that vid. Please?

/derail

I've been to Texas, I think it's just like Face describes, only, his description is far beyond the little bit I've seen. Face has a good mind for cultural and sociological detail.

I never knew I was talking to you when you made JustSheila

request done

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
:blush:

Of all the places I've been around the world, including all 50 U.S. States, Aussies and Australia is the closest thing I've seen by far to Texans and Texas. :thumbsup::flowers:

And, I must say, Kiwi's & New Zealand are a close second...real fine Folks and a breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL Country. :yes::thumbsup:

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
:blush: Thanks AK, but I gotta tell ya, please pick a different vid to post. I had no sleep the night before. It was my first day protesting ever and I don't really like that vid. Please? I was scared, I was anxious, I had all these things bottled up inside to say and it all came out at once. It's not very professional, but at least the passion is there, the emotion is real. It was real alright. Fuck OSA. Fuck the Church of Scientology and its abuse.

/derail

It is one of my favorites because it is so real...like being with you on the back porch, or around the kitchen table having a beer. And .... your are so so so hot!:thumbsup:

JustSheila

Crusader
It is one of my favorites because it is so real...like being with you on the back porch, or around the kitchen table having a beer. And .... your are so so so hot!:thumbsup:

:blush: I'd have a beer with you anytime W2T, :cheers: but I think I come across more like :angry: hot in that other vid and not the least bit attractive in any sense, more like :omg: and I swear I will never, ever understand men EVAH. :confused2:

We should ALL have a beer and celebrate - DM is in the hot seat and it's Australia Day weekend!

ozday1.jpg