What's new

Heavy rains in CA & Gold Base

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
no joke

Those members locked at Gold do NOT have an evacuation plan OR ability to phone out for help,,,, we are still talking (potentially) hundreds of people here.

How you gonna feel if a disaster happens and the world sees ESMB joking about it ???

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I'd so like to out in Hemet watching all those guys scurrying around scared shitless of the rain in their faux navy uniforms !

Oh, be the US Armed Forces abandoned " Don't ask, don't tell " did the sea argh do the same ?

Can people in the sea argh now be normal and not have to hide from one another anymore?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
"San Jacinto River..
The San Jacinto River, with wide bends, travels in a general east/west path across western Riverside County. Existing land uses along the River vary significantly. Potential new uses are constrained by the steep slopes of the San Jacinto Mountains, the 100-year floodplain, and dam inundation hazards along the River. Dairy farms exist in the western portion of this riverene area. The Soboba Indian Reservation encompasses the eastern portion of this part of the San Jacinto Valley. A variety of uses [B]including a church campus, mobile homes and recreational amenities are located in a swath of land between Gilman Springs Road and the San Jacinto River."[/B]

That "church campus" that is described in the document...That's INT Base. Roughly between the described dairy farms and Soboba Reservation.

Precisely. The church campus, i.e. Int Base, lies between Gilman Springs Road & the river. The river does not run through Int. as you have claimed. Obviously, you have not been there.

Update: I spoke to a friend that lives in Hemet who drove up & down Hwy 79 past Int this AM .. says the ground is drenched and there are pockets of water everywhere, but the rain has lightened up and the sun is poking out of the clouds. No flooding or apparent water damage at Int. The San Jacinto River is raging but it has not lapped over the walls...

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
Make voodoo dolls of Int Base and toss 'em in a bucket of water.

LOL

Shouldn't be long now.....they are measuring the rain in FEET instead of INCHES. That's very bad news for desert dwellers in So Cal.....

And so it came to pass....that a dimunitive dwarf.....believing that the ship built into the side of his mountain.....could actually float.......

But, unlike Noah, it couldn't. It was last seen in pieces floating down the Los Angeles River, with a manical midget at the helm, screaming "Vertical, go vertical!!!" never to be seen again.

noahs_ark_rainbow.jpg

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Ya think maybe RPF'd some staff for not getting the rain stopped?

Ya know all that rain HAD to disturb his sleep.

How many people are having to stand outside in the rain to hear it?

Now if the tiny tyrant would just get mad enough to go outside and hols those copper cables for awhile during the thunderstorms !

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
My Christmas Wish - 2010:

A *mandatory* and enforced evacuation of Int Base with all residents taken to a public shelter where they will be interviewed by care givers.

A discovery of enough incriminating evidence by first responders to initiate a full search and seizure of redbox material any other evidence of Scientology Crime.

Thank you Santa!

Zinj

Last edited:
From the Press Enterprise Newspaper site

Photo of flooded Ramona Blvd. near Sanderson:
28WESSONSTORMD.1.jpg

http://www.pe.com/multimedia/slideshow/2010/20101223_storm/pages/28WESSONSTORMD.1.html

More storm stories:

http://www.swrnn.com/southwest-rive...te-on-storm-damage-flooding-and-road-closures

For those who do not wish to click on links :)

"RivCo officials get update on storm damage, flooding and road closures
“This is the most closures I can recall since 2005,” Juan Perez said. “We've certainly been impacted by the amount of rain generated over the last several days.”
By Staff, City News Service
Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Nearly 50 roads across Riverside County — including a major freeway interchange — were closed today, because of storm-related damage, the county’s transportation director told the Board of Supervisors.

“This is the most closures I can recall since 2005,” Juan Perez said. “We’ve certainly been impacted by the amount of rain generated over the last several days.”

Perez, along with county fire Chief John Hawkins, Office of Emergency Services Director Peter Lent and Flood Control & Water Conservation District Manager Warren “Dusty” Williams provided assessments to the board during an impromptu meeting at the County Administrative Center.

According to Perez, sinkholes, mudslides and flooding have led to road closures in rural areas as well as densely populated locations.

Major roadway closures include:

– The eastbound 91 freeway connector to southbound Interstate 215 and the southbound 60 transition to the 215 in Riverside, both of which have been partially shut down as a result of concrete coming loose;

– state Route 74 at Grand Avenue in Lake Elsinore, where a mudslide has covered a segment of the highway;

Gilman Springs Road in Moreno Valley, flooding;

– intersection of Limonite Avenue and Bain Street in Mira Loma, flooding; and,

– Van Buren Boulevard, between Clay Street and Jurupa Avenue in Pedley, where a sinkhole has opened up.

“I haven’t seen any long-term damage,” Perez said. “We should be able to handle the vast majority of the problems when the rain subsides.”

Lent told the board that Gov. Arnold Schwarzengger recognized the county’s local emergency proclamation Tuesday, making the county eligible to receive 75 percent reimbursement from the state for clean-up costs and other storm-related expenses.

According to Lent, the cities of Canyon Lake, Norco, San Jacinto and Wildomar have declared their own emergencies, with Desert Hot Springs and Indio soon to follow.

The county’s Emergency Operations Center is active and officials are monitoring developments, he said.

“Once the rain stops, problems don’t go away,” Lent said. “We’ll still have runoff to contend with for 24 to 48 hours.”

According to Williams, Riverside has had about 8 inches of rain recently, and the Temecula area logged nearly 13 inches.

“We’re through the bulk of it now,” he told the board. “The (flood control) system is functioning well. We need to add more to it. But it’s done a good job keeping citizens safe.”

Supervisor Jeff Stone wondered about the reliability of flow controls in the San Jacinto River and Murrieta Creek. But Williams didn’t anticipate any major problems, saying that water might be going “in the wrong direction” because of debris piles or sandbars, but it was “not a disastrous situation.”

Hawkins mentioned the eight swift water rescues that fire crews have performed since the weekend, several of them involving stranded motorists.

“Are people underestimating the depth of the water?” Supervisor John Tavaglione asked.

“Perhaps there’s a false sense of security … or just plain stupidity,” Hawkins said."

Read more: http://www.swrnn.com/southwest-rive...mage-flooding-and-road-closures#ixzz18u18cSio

Last edited:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Smurf, anymore first-eye-witness updates? It looks pretty bad... I hope most will survive and may be even blow.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Just a comment:

This intense rain has been all over SoCal... not just Riverside and SanBerdo counties.

This amount of rain has some good sides and some bad sides to it.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Smurf, anymore first-eye-witness updates? It looks pretty bad... I hope most will survive and may be even blow.

It's really not that bad considering the area which is known for extremes.. very hot in the summer & cold in the winter. The major problem being reported by Riverside officials on the news is that debris are blocking drains which is helping the flooding. Work crews have been busy un-plugging the drains.

The flooding at Ramona Expressway & Sanderson Road where the road was closed is a mile or so SW of Int. Base. My friend said there was no signs of flooding at Int. though there were pools of water on the Golden Era Golf Course.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's really not that bad considering the area which is known for extremes.. very hot in the summer & cold in the winter. The major problem being reported by Riverside officials on the news is that debris are blocking drains which is helping the flooding. Work crews have been busy un-plugging the drains.

The flooding at Ramona Expressway & Sanderson Road where the road was closed is a mile or so SW of Int. Base. My friend said there was no signs of flooding at Int. though there were pools of water on the Golden Era Golf Course.

Thank you! Keep us posted, please.

Last edited:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Oh, dear

I'll have a side of crow, thank you.

The water got high enough to come in. My downstairs floors are now pretty wet.

Well, I have a good wet/dry vac, and do I have a fun day dictated for me.

Thank you sir, may I have another!!!!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
"........ though there were pools of water on the Golden Era Golf Course"

The Golf Course used to be open to the public.... is it still?