What's new

Heber's Ex Karen announces she's now out of CofS

T

TheSneakster

Yes, that is such a good, rational, reasonable and thoughtful reason not to "take seriously" someone who just left the Church of Scientology and is facing disconnection from her son. Because you don't like her taste in art.

Great. Thanks for that.

/

well the active disconnections that almost everyone else went through does not seem to have bothered her one fucking bit.

You have a greatly inadequate evidential basis for saying such a thing, Mick.

As far as I am aware, this is her first and only public communication against Co$ and in it she publicly disassociates herself from them and gives the back story behind this decision. By itself, it is insufficient to permit even remotely accurate assessment of her feelings concerning other victims of forced disconnection, since the topic of other people who have faced such disconnection was not addressed or at issue in that post.

In reading her responses to the comments that follow the post I see that she included BFG's list of RTC forced divorces in a comment showing evident disapproval for the breaking up of marriages and families here:

Karen de la Carriere said:
The head of the “Church” that has enforced abortions for 25 years, enforced divorces since he took command and ruthlessly seaerates [sic] children from their parents.

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Maybe not in the beginning of the conversation, but I think Mick would make his views very clear after a few minutes.

Mick's a straight up no nonsense kind of guy.

And that's a good thing.

No nonsense is good.

Needlessly starting fist fights is not.

If Mick, Marty, and Karen were all in the same, er, volleyball court, and he talked like that, there would be a fight. I'd be all ready to make a power serve bringing Team ESMB to victory :happydance:, and there'd be a fight :boxing: :catfight: and we'd have to break it up. :police:

But here on the internet, we're making public statements that do make their way to the people concerned. We are not anonymous. Karen is not anonymous. It's not World of Warcraft or professional wrestling or some sort of game or political debate where what you say is somehow not taken seriously. This is real life. These are real people. They hear what you say and they feel your meaning. Think about it.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Well said.

Marty's congregation seems to be those of the Scn Elite. The "top" thetans.

They're a bunch of whiners that think they are far superior to the rest of us grunts.

I'm glad she out and working to destroy the C of S but I fear that this bunch of Elite Dingbats is organizing to get their "big being" hands on the billion or so dollars that's been stashed away by the cult.

That money should be paid out to all the people Scn has harmed, (fat chance of that) and not be put in the hands of a bunch of elitist retard wannabes.

Absolutely agree!

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
You have a greatly inadequate evidential basis for saying such a thing, Mick.

As far as I am aware, this is her first and only public communication against Co$ and in it she publicly disassociates herself from them and gives the back story behind this decision. By itself, it is insufficient to permit even remotely accurate assessment of her feelings concerning other victims of forced disconnection, since the topic of other people who have faced such disconnection was not addressed or at issue in that post.

In reading her responses to the comments that follow the post I see that she included BFG's list of RTC forced divorces in a comment showing evident disapproval for the breaking up of marriages and families here:

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

no actually Mike it is not.

As you have no idea what information or experience I have and I have no intention of justifying my own opinion to you you can think whatever opinion *you* wish.

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Mick, for the sake of fuck,

would you say this to her face?

of course.

I was going to leave it at that but I thought I would expand on it.

Personally i think politeness is totally wasted on true believers. I do not believe in just gratutitously walking over to them and insulting them but neither do I believe in doing anything other than ridiculing their stupid and dangerous beliefs if they are dumb enough to bring them up.

So, if your question is of the type "would I walk up to her and just start in on her?" the answer is no.

Were she to be talking to me and she brought this drivel up, the answer is yes.

Hope that makes it clearer.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
No nonsense is good.

Needlessly starting fist fights is not.

If Mick, Marty, and Karen were all in the same, er, volleyball court, and he talked like that, there would be a fight. I'd be all ready to make a power serve bringing Team ESMB to victory :happydance:, and there'd be a fight :boxing: :catfight: and we'd have to break it up. :police:

But here on the internet, we're making public statements that do make their way to the people concerned. We are not anonymous. Karen is not anonymous. It's not World of Warcraft or professional wrestling or some sort of game or political debate where what you say is somehow not taken seriously. This is real life. These are real people. They hear what you say and they feel your meaning. Think about it.

I do think about it - why on earth would you ASSUME that I do not?

As for "needlessly starting fistfights" if by that you mean I should just stand by while some drivelling fool spouts Hubbardian nonsense then - no thanks. I will express my opinion as forcefully as I can.

I did not drag this idiot kicking and screaming into the spotlight, I would have quite happily ignored her existence for the rest of my life, no harm no foul.

She chose, not I.

Sorry I do not subscribe in any way shape or form to the stupid idea that just because someone whines about Miscavige that it automatically forgives them for whatever they did, that it automatically elevates them to the "good person" club and that now they are born again.

Thats total BS.

If that's starting fistfights - well I have been in quite a few and never backed down yet.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Mail her and see what she says.

why? she already said it - or do you think she just had her head up her ass when she wrote it and really didnt mean it that way?

Terrill, seriously dude, life is too short to waste it talking to drivellers like this. I will just assume that she is a big person and meant what she wrote.

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
I do think about it - why on earth would you ASSUME that I do not?

As for "needlessly starting fistfights" if by that you mean I should just stand by while some drivelling fool spouts Hubbardian nonsense then - no thanks. I will express my opinion as forcefully as I can.

I did not drag this idiot kicking and screaming into the spotlight, I would have quite happily ignored her existence for the rest of my life, no harm no foul.

She chose, not I.

Sorry I do not subscribe in any way shape or form to the stupid idea that just because someone whines about Miscavige that it automatically forgives them for whatever they did, that it automatically elevates them to the "good person" club and that now they are born again.

Thats total BS.

If that's starting fistfights - well I have been in quite a few and never backed down yet.

All right, Mick. If the moderators fail to get you to follow the forum rules, I will leave this forum and you can have at it.

Forum Rules

1. Treat others with respect.
You are to respect every other user on the board despite any personal, religious and political differences. The following will not be tolerated:
Personal insults
Ad hominems
Threats or promotion of violence

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
All right, Mick. If the moderators fail to get you to follow the forum rules, I will leave this forum and you can have at it.

4760654202_c61e56a8b5_o.jpg

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

oh thank god, please go away and take your melodrama and weeping and wailing along with you.

As for the forum rules - which poster did I disrespect? You? Maybe you should read it again.

Karen? She is not a poster.

Suggest you re-read the rules before you start pontificating and posturing.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am happy she's out and screaming about it, Kookaburra. But I'd put my money on Carmel over Karen any day.

Carmel walks the walk while all Marty's flying monkeys sit around and bitch. Maybe Karen will be different. We'll have to wait and see.

alas not. Karen could have done a lot of things including demanding welfare check ups on a father who has lost contact with his son. (don't get me wrong, I am pleased Karen is speaking out)

Instead she posts on a blog?

Not really in Carmel's league.

Oh well, I guess Carmel doesn't get a week off then. Sorry Carmel, cancel the surfing engagement and back to the computer! :coolwink:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
...But here on the internet, we're making public statements that do make their way to the people concerned. We are not anonymous.

That's kind of a generality. I am anonymous and for good reasons, as are many here elsewhere. Who are you, if you are not anonymous? I missed that one.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That's kind of a generality. I am anonymous and for good reasons, as are many here elsewhere. Who are you, if you are not anonymous? I missed that one.

Huh? Mac's posted his name, location and photos here many times. You have used a regular-looking name (Mary _____) many times here and someone has used that name a lot in putting stuff on the net. I assumed it was a real name.

I don't take "anonymous" to mean "hasn't signed a name to this particular post," although maybe it could.

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Not really in Carmel's league

Oh well, I guess Carmel doesn't get a week off then. Sorry Carmel, cancel the surfing engagement and back to the computer! :coolwink:

lololol

However....if Karen decides to "step up & speak up", she might be able to get a job apprenticing
under a real freedom fighter, Carmel.

I would suggest a gradient.

Maybe she could have that special messenger post that Ron created where she follows Carmel around with an ash tray to catch the fallout from her incredible & incendiary human rights work! :D

Terril park

Sponsor
oh thank god, please go away and take your melodrama and weeping and wailing along with you.

As for the forum rules - which poster did I disrespect? You? Maybe you should read it again.

Karen? She is not a poster.

Suggest you re-read the rules before you start pontificating and posturing.

Don't worry to much about Mick.

He speaks his truth. Different to my truth.

Maybe yours.

Well myself and Mick have some truths in common.

End COS in its current form. :)

AnonKat

Crusader
I read enormous envie from some posters or an obsessive need to cut this women down no matter what.

Edit: InB4 TEoS ties My last sentence to plastic surgery.

AnonKat

Crusader
:) I was tempted :)

I saw you lurking ;)

I have long ago come to the conclusion that if you want to survive in a though bussiness enviroment and you are a woman people judge you on your appereance.

therefor I do not hold it against her because men are just that shallow

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
the gang bang sec checks were revived by the Fin Police in 1982, they are based on a HUbbard reference and were in use before that by the GO. Miscavige most certainly did NOT start the "reign of terror" that was Hubbard all by his little lonesome.

I know of their use from just before the Finance Police started using them, around 1981 or 82. I don't recall the exact date, but I'm very sure it was a year at least before we started hearing about the Finance Police. There was a Scientology-owned company in New York, North Star Novelties. One of the partners had agreed to have the company buy an IAS patronship in order to get himself out of some Ethics difficulty. His two partners balked. Shortly thereafter, a bunch of people from FOLO EUS showed up at their place of business and proceeded to gang-bang sec check the bunch of them.