What's new

Hell In a Hand Basket~~~

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
C Girl - Thanks for writing your story. I just found it!

Hi and thanks. I worked for Disney for a while. I didn't like that company. They don't treat their employees very well.../QUOTE]

I had a friend that worked for Disney. He would crack me up calling it "Mousechwitz." We recently caught part of some TV show courtroom spoof in which the court was deciding which evil was worse, Disneyland or Scientology? If any Scn execs saw that they probably peed their pants.

cinamingrl

Patron Meritorious
~~~

Cinnamon- this is just my perspective, kay?

People can get so burned by religion that they become permanently cynical or simply choose to no longer believe. I get that. I have seen it happen- we all have on this board.

Don't let Zinj spin you up on the Catholic thing. His perspective is different from yours and what I hear is that the two of you don't share a perspective. That's okay.

It is really important that you experience your own healing process and that you take the good things and hold them close while successfully letting go of the bad things. No one else's opinion is as important as yours when the subject is what it takes for you to heal.

I'm just glad to know that there were people available to help you through all of this. You've been through the rain. Time for some sunshine in your life.

thanks for that, you are very kind. And you are right, there is a healing process I've been going thru, it's just taking so long.

cinamingrl

Patron Meritorious
~~~

C Girl - Thanks for writing your story. I just found it!

Hi and thanks. I worked for Disney for a while. I didn't like that company. They don't treat their employees very well.../QUOTE]

I had a friend that worked for Disney. He would crack me up calling it "Mousechwitz." We recently caught part of some TV show courtroom spoof in which the court was deciding which evil was worse, Disneyland or Scientology? If any Scn execs saw that they probably peed their pants.

Disneyland hires anybody, and they do rehires too. Even if you left without saying bye, they will hire you back. As long as you turned in your costume they don't hold it against you. IT was an okay place for a few months while I was in college. They are unionized, the Teamsters. And it's a very "liberal" environment.

fesiof

This is a very sad story; There was a younger kid at the SAc org while I was on staff who committe suicide. He was only about 15 when he did it. He had been recruited into the SO and couldn't "cut it". So was sent back to the org. He went back to his life, school and got a job even. He shot himself in the head, right around the time I was leaving staff. His mother was a public and was married to a public scient. I don't want to write his name here. But he was a very sweet kid. He used to be very compassionate. Even knew when I was upset and asked me what was wrong. He said once to me "I can see you are upset and I care about you. So tell me what is wrong". I never forgot that. So when I heard from one of my "friends" he actually told me about it in a nasty way, saying this kid deserved it. And that is what he gets or some such rude words. I recall that this kid was always being verbally abused by the cow I mentioned ealier, she was always on him. I don't even know what for. :nervous: :no: I will never forget and never miss the uncompassionate and callousness of the scientologists that I knew.

That is the second young man that grew up around the Sac Org that committed suicide. I read this and deicded to sign up on the forum. I pray we are thinking of the same person, but I don't think so.

The young man I'm thinking may have been as young as 15 when he joined the SO, but did not take his life until years later. The one I'm thinking of was in a wheelchair from an accident when it happened. His mom and step dad were public as far as I can remember. He had a younger sister who I think is still in. His mom was a very cold woman.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
A kid of one of the senior staff in our org also committed suicide. He wasn't himself a staffer, and I always read him as gay. He wasn't a legal adult, I don't think, somewhere between 15 and 18. This wasn't Sac, though.

It may be irrelevant to you, it isn't irrelevant to me.

"religious indoctination"? Oh puleeze, you need to be checked. :eyeroll:
Oh okay......:eyeroll:

"they" do huh? :eyeroll: the "need" to feel guilty......:eyeroll: ? I don't recall ever being "preached" to about the "need to feel guilty". And in response to this comment, guilt is a normal "human" feeling, when a person has done something they consider to be wrong. I have found that people who are even a little bit religious, have a conscience. This fact was not present among my scientology "friends".

I can tell by what you say, that you are not religious. this is the particularly frightening idea and thinking that was so........what is the word I am looking for..........so................f u c k e d up about scientology. The way that the cult tried to pass themselves off as a religion.

K, whatever.:no:
My post was not a personal attack about you. Why would it be so frightening for someone not to be religious? (assuming you were right).
Regarding not being preached to about the "need to feel guilty"; that is your experience so I have no desire to refute it. But I definitely was preached to about how guilty I should feel and it I know many others who had the same experience.
Once again. I am not attacking you. I do not dispute your experience. There are people who had terrible experiences in the COS, others who had unpleasant experiences and others who say it was mostly good. I am sure it is the same in many churches including the Catholic church.

Just as addtional information. I do not believe a person has to be religious to be a completely good person, a caring person, a loving person. I do not believe a person has to be religious to have a social conscience or do be actively charitable. I did not always think this way. I used to think that if someone was not religious or "spiritual" than they were devoid of some or all of their humanity.
Why did I used to think that way? Because I thought that people got their goodness from God. The "source" of everything good ws God.

I have stated that I respect many Catholic values and the obviuosly good people in that religion. It is not a black and white world. They are not all completely and only good. They have their human failings. In my experience, one of the failings was to instill fear and guilt.

Last edited: