What's new

Hello from Dean Wentling

bobthesp

Patron with Honors
Hello to all of you wonderful Beings out there. I've posted on this board before, yet I wish to more properly introduce myself and begin my story:

My name is Dean Wentling. I was a Scientologist for over 14 years.

My wife (Wisened One/Michelle Wentling) and I left staff at the Miami Org 13 years ago and officially decided to leave scn 4 years ago.

Ever since I was on staff I knew something stunk about scn, but the dream of going OT was to powerful in my universe and I just couldn't let it go.

The hope of the freedom that was promised kept me in and putting up with
the insanity that is scn for over 10 years.

To all of you that are out for sure, congrats on surviving it, but my focus here is more toward those that are on the fence or even still in.

I would like to help shed some light on your experiences in scn and life in general ...if you don't mind listening to my rambling.

I really don't have much time to spend on here as I am very busy, so I
will post my thoughts as often as I can and Wisened One (Wife) will help me keep an eye on the threads.

I have chosen a new path, you might say. I guess you would call it "New Thought." It's really not 'New' but anyway it resonates with me deeply.

I have done a lot of reading and experiencing and have come to some conclusions regarding my scn experience that I wish to share.

I hope they will help others.

I really don't have a problem with scn anymore. I see life simply as an experience and since I (still) believe I am an immortal spiritual being it doesn't really matter what that experience is.

I see it now just like going to the movies.

I have the experience of the movie and engage in it to the degree that I choose.

So you see, there is nothing 'wrong' with being a scientologist or with scn.

We live in a wonderful world full of contrasting experiences and we choose the things we want to experience.

Usually they are based for the most part on our vibration (tone level).

What we live is a combination of our vibe (tone) and our beliefs.

I no longer believe in a "whole Track" that haunts me for eternity.

I believe we come into this life with a clean slate, other than the basic postulates we make before entering. These postulates are just giving our new life experience some basic form and from then on it's a matter of all the things we live and our considerations about them and the decisions we make.

Life is supposed to be whatever it is.

There is no reason to 'clear the planet'.

The planet is beautifully DIVERSE as it is MEANT to be.

That's what the planet is HERE for!

This world provides for just about any experience you could ever dream of having. And YOU get to choose WHAT that experience is, and LIVE IT.
(Like choosing what kind of movie to go to, or choosing which ride to go
on at the amusement park).

Think about it for a moment: Everyone on earth agrees on 90% of everything. Have you ever heard of 'The Borg'? or the USSR?

There is no need to 'clear yourself'. It is only the resistance to life's true purpose (simply, to have an experience and to ENJOY it) that makes people think that they need to be 'clear' or 'ot'.

I will post more later.

But for now, I am off to ENJOY some TV before I ENJOY some sleep!

bobthesp/Dean.

FlunkedForLaughing

Patron with Honors
Welcome BobTheSP.

I enjoyed reading your post.

Life is all about enjoyment. You are right.

Earlier tonight, I enjoyed a nice salmon dinner, and very soon I will enjoy some nice relaxing sleep too.

Hope to hear more about your thoughts. I like to hear other people's ideas about what they think and believe in after Scientology. To me it is very interesting. I am still gathering my thoughts to see what I believe in. I am new to having freedom of thought after many years in Scientology.

FFL

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi BobTheSP, :welcome2: :welcome2:

Welcome to ExsciFi Ville....

You have some very cool thoughts about life.

Glad you're here, Keep ON!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
G'Day Dean! :happydance:

It's great to have you here. Can't wait to read more of your posts.

And buy you a beer in Vegas!!! :p :p

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Dean,

I really liked your post and I feel the same about the things you said. I remember having a strange discussion with my sup one time. She told me that if a mother accidentlly dropped her iron and burned her infant sitting on the floor the infant PULLED IT IN!!! I KNEW in my heart this was wrong but I couldn't dare argue with the sup. I too always knew there was a lot of stink in $cio but I thought it was my failure to understand!

Anyways, Michelle is one of my favorite people on this board and it's nice to hear from you!:yes:

Wisened One

Crusader
:welcome2: to ESMB (officially), Dean! :bighug: :kiss: :hug:

Thank you for this wonderful, insightful post!

They will help many, I believe!

Pllleeease post more?! And tell more of your story, too!

I love you! :biglove:

Michelle

Last edited:

feline

Patron Meritorious
Good to see you here, Dean. I enjoyed what you had to say and look forward to reading more of your insights.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
COOL! I had a similar realization just last night. In fact I had a hard time getting to sleep thinking about it. Since Feb '08 I've been reading tons of stuff on these types of internet sites and have been peeling off more and more layers of garbage. (I thought I was fully deprogrammed in 1985 when I left the cult.) Last night it felt like I've gone "Clear" of my nine years of scn influence! :woohoo:

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome, welcome, welcome BobtheSP!:happydance:

Nice to meet you!

(btw-you have an awesome Wife. But, I state the obvious):thumbsup:

Wisened One

Crusader
Hey, that's cool, Operating DB...and :welcome: to ESMB, btw! See you're in the midwest...perhaps not far from our neck of the woods? Look forward to hearing more of your stories as well:)

And all you guys who've mentioned knowing me, etc....:modest: :blush: :redface: You all are too sweet, thank you! :hug:

COOL! I had a similar realization just last night. In fact I had a hard time getting to sleep thinking about it. Since Feb '08 I've been reading tons of stuff on these types of internet sites and have been peeling off more and more layers of garbage. (I thought I was fully deprogrammed in 1985 when I left the cult.) Last night it felt like I've gone "Clear" of my nine years of scn influence! :woohoo:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Dean!! Welcome to ESMB. I found this site 2 weeks ago hoping to find Scn or ex-Scn out there that are just over it and are enjoying their lives. Thank you for your wonderful post! It has inspired me to post an introduction of myself. :)

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
Hi Dean from one ex Mighty Miami Org Staff Member to another!

And I'll see you and your lovely wife in Vegas next Spring!​

WELCOME!!!

riptide

Patron with Honors
I really don't have a problem with scn anymore. I see life simply as an experience and since I (still) believe I am an immortal spiritual being it doesn't really matter what that experience is.

I see it now just like going to the movies.

I have the experience of the movie and engage in it to the degree that I choose.

So you see, there is nothing 'wrong' with being a scientologist or with scn.

bobthesp/Dean.

Welcome Bob and I approve this message. :D

bobthesp

Patron with Honors
Wow thank you all so much for the warm reception and yeah my wife is great, I agree.

FFL, Thx and yeah it's really hard when your stable datums, I can relate.

KV, Hello and thank you.

IKTM, thx

J, thx

GT and EP, thx I will share more.

Emma, thx for the board and and can't wait to see all who can come to Vegas.

SG, thx and boy can I relate to that crap, it's part of the trap, it's always you, you have MUs, you have overts, you are pts, you you you. What a bunch of crap!

Feline, thx and I will share as much as I can as fast as I can.

ODB thx, I LOVE your user name. The most powerful book that helped me strip away the lies of scn was Conversations with God.

Klidov, thx nice to meet you too.

MLW, thx

HappyGirl, thx I am very happy to have inspired you.

TMW, thx it's nice to meet people that know about Miami. Anyone else out the that knows miami or me, it is totally ok and safe to talk with me, I won't judge you in or out.

RT, thx yeah those political ads are sinking into our brains huh, lol.

Wow that was a lot of acking, will have to shorten them up from now on I guess. Working on more thoughts tonight.