What's new

Hello Hello

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm an Anon. Never been a scientologist. I got interested in scientology when the Cruise 2004 video was released last year. I still recall that first night when I discovered the court documents on xenu.net. I couldn't stop reading about Paulette Cooper and Snow White and Lisa McPherson and Hubbard's death. I needed to see the court docs and official FBI docs in order to believe that this was for real. My social justice reflexes were quivering with anger. But I'm in Australia and it all seemed so remote.

Enter Anonymous. I happened to pass the television on February 9, just as a story about the Anon "Message to Scientology" vid and forthcoming protest was on. I was immediately intrigued. Intrigued enough to head straight for the computer to locate the video. That led me quickly to enturbulation.com and I was immediately hooked.

Some of you will remember that first weekend. There was certainly huge anticipation of the protests, but no one - NO ONE - expected the turnout. First reports started to drift in from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide. Then pics and videos. I have goosebumps right now, just typing this. Across Asia and into Europe - my God, London! 700 of those beautiful bastards with posters saying "Down with this sort of thing" - such a British thing thing to say.

As the threads sizzled with views and comments from all around the globe, you could almost hear the jaws dropping as it began to sink in what had been achieved. Almost as quickly, the press reports began to roll in. In an obviously coordinated response, Scientology PR officers around the globe began to trot out the same patter about Anonymous being "cyber terrorists" and the CoS wanting to be protect their "parishioners".

Of course, we hadn't hit the home of Scientology yet, and the buildup was phenomenal as US Anons who had slept (and some hadn't) woke to the news and images of protests that had gone before them, bid us a goodbye and "wish us luck" and headed off to their own event. So. Many. Cities. 108 in all across the world. LA was extraordinary. The city had arisen. The world had arisen and said - No more.

Do you remember gas mask girl? Just one of the many images that immediately became immortalized and a meme. Creative and funny people, high on adrenaline, were pumping out images and jokes and serious posts about how to handle any trouble the Scientologists gave us, or the police. In between, I was reading posts and learning about Scientology and about Anonymous. This was a heady time.

During the next few weeks, we started to hear the first feedback from ex-Scientologists. It was moving and startling and many, many times, people posted the words "THIS IS WHY". Voiceless were among the first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO_kcUCQSl8&feature=player_embedded

Sure, the lulz were the motivating energy, but there was also great anger at the suppression of free speech - the CoS suppression of both the Cruise vid and the dissent of its own members and former members. The Voiceless video was the first real indication I had that the mere fact that people spoke out against the abuses of the CoS could make a difference in the lives of those who had been "shuddered into silence".

I was in.

I won't go through the whole year. Too many moments to recount. Too many images that spring to mind - like the riot police in DeKalb County, GA, manipulated by the CoS lies - firming up my resolve to do something to fight for those who felt unable to fight for themselves. Gradually, exes began to speak out who hadn't felt able to before. The fear so many had was palpable. The woundedness was evident. Like many Anons, I cried.

The giants of the "Old Guard" were becoming known to me, together with the vast libraries of resources they had assiduously gathered and which fed Anonymous' voracious appetite for MOAR. Without the information, the stories, the affidavits, the newspaper reports, the financial statements, the explanations of the Scientology terminology and mindset, Anonymous would have had a fun time for a while, but our protests and communications couldn't have developed with the depth of understanding and EVIDENCE that they did to expose the CoS, nor been sustained.

At some point, perhaps mid-year, I began to lurk on ESMB. The New Member Introductions forum has always been my favourite. Every time a new ex came along and told their story - especially all of you who have come out recently - I was moved and motivated and re-energised for the fight. Your story-telling has been healing for you, both the telling and the hearing. For me, listening as you shared your own story and the effect it was having upon you to tell it and to read the responses and the stories of others felt like I had been allowed the privilege of sitting in on an intimate moment. ChaoticPsychotic, FormerlyIn, dt2000, Carmel, Genny, Twin A...

I was there as the numbers of ANZO exes grew and grew and become a flood. I was there as the thread about crimes and wrongdoings got going and became so very serious, and the deaths of scooter's children were mentioned and grieved over. And then scooter himself came aboard, free now of the CoS. I wept as you shared your story, scooter. I wept as the abortions were talked about and the child abuse and as, together, you processed the abuses, the missed opportunities, the lies and the guilt.

I am someone who has a lot to say. But I haven't been able until now to register here. It felt to me as if what was happening during that time in particular was almost sacred. I still feel that way. I think I won't post much here, but I want you to know just how powerful it is that you have allowed your stories to be shared with the world. You'll never know how many people you have touched.

Thanks.

Last edited:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: cherished! I was very touched by your post, and informed about the history of Anonymous, as well. I had no idea how many non-Scios we touched with our stories. Thank you for posting this.
:bighug:

Cherished

:welcome: cherished! I was very touched by your post, and informed about the history of Anonymous, as well. I had no idea how many non-Scios we touched with our stories. Thank you for posting this.
:bighug:
Hi Happy Girl. If you're interested, there is a series of three videos prepared early in 2008 documenting the first three months of protests. They are absolutely brilliant. The first one is here: The Road to February 10 (Remember, Remember) Feb 12 was in honour of Lisa McPherson.
Onward - Road to March 15 (Party Hard)
Road to April 12 (Operation: Reconnect)

And a fourth that Pelvidar made which is different to the other three, although he titled it in sequence: Road to May 10

From memory, it's about 14 minutes long, but WELL worth it. I've watched it over and over and given it to my family to help them understand what I'm into.

Thanks for your welcome. I'm what Anons would refer to as a moralfag (and proud of it), but I know that your stories and what we were hearing, especially early last year, caused lots of comments from internet tough guys about faulty screens and blurry pixels. :)

UPDATE - Links that work

Anonymous: Chanology - Introduction. on Vimeo

Road to February 10th on Vimeo

Road To March 15th on Vimeo

Road To April 12th on Vimeo

Road To May 10th on Vimeo

Last edited:
3rdRockTenant

Hello.

I have considered possibly being involved in the forum here but, am not real clear on what your “group” actually is. I think I may be somewhat of an anomaly..? I am posting as a guest, for now.

I have read the introductory info on the site and for the forum, and read through numerous forum comments on various topics, but apparently have a misunderstood that I would like to clear up, first and foremost.

Per the literal defintion of “ex-scientologist”, I am not sure that I would qualify to be a member here. To me, that term implies that one was a scientologist at some time in the past, and at some point made the decision to no longer consider themselves a scientologist, in order to become something else.

So, then, why would you even use the word “scientologist” to define yourselves in any way…?

For example, if I were a woman who had been divorced from a Mr. Smith, why would I call myself the “EX-Mrs. Smith”? Why would I not now be just “Sally Jones” again…?

At any rate, I have my own personal stories to tell, which I think may be useful to others here, but I am not in to the bashing of LRH, or the philosophy, or the technology… and, so do not consider myself an “ex” scientologist. I use what I gained from my experiences on a daily basis, to improve my own condition and the condition of others. Jeepers… I just can’t help it! ( By the way, I was first introduced to Dianetics and Scientology in 1975.)

However, I disconnected myself from the black entity which currently calls itself the Church of Scientology, back in 2002, after working my way through a thorough Doubt Formula. But, I did not stop APPLYING what I had learned, and did not stop being WHO I have become. I simply made a personal decision to no longer be part of a group which had long since become something different that what I had originally subscribed to. And, announced it to one and all, with the reasons why, and stats and documentation to back it up. What is so complicated about that?

I am sorry that I can’t immediately recall where I heard L. Ron Hubbard say something like… “..the thing in the jam jar is still JAM, regardless of whether it says ‘pickles’ on it..” So, I am most likely not getting the quote verbatim, and do not know the reference right now. Am sure that I could come up with it, if pressed..

I would certainly enjoy being a part of a true group where communication is open and honest, and where people can all learn from each other, and help each other.

But, I definitely do not consider myself an “ex-scientologist”, per se. I consider myself an ex-member-of-what-is-currently-being-called-the-church-of-scientology-but-is-the-total-opposite-of-what-I-know-to-be-true-up-until-about-1979/80 (at the mission I was at, anyway)-and-WHEW!-am-I-ever-grateful-that-I-had-excellent-standard-basic-training-and-auditing-up-until-then…

“I wouldn’t trade it for a box of biscuits…”

Duplicating (and confronting) SP/PTS data back then sure has come in handy, too. And, even that was difficult at the time, as it seemed most others around me were either suffering from varying degrees of blindness and/or plain lack of confront. I am certain that data saved me from a fate worse than death, on many occasion.

That’s all. This is already more wordy than I thought it might be. I just wanted to introduce myself, and dip a toe into the water...

:hattip:

Cherished

Well, "Hi", 3rdRT!

I can't imagine anyone desiring to refer to themselves as the "ex-Mrs Smith" much either - unless there were many, many ex-Mrs Smiths who identified with each other and it helped to be able to say "me too".

But, hey, as you know, I was never a scientologist at all, so I can't speak for anyone. :)

Well, "Hi", 3rdRT!

I can't imagine anyone desiring to refer to themselves as the "ex-Mrs Smith" much either - unless there were many, many ex-Mrs Smiths who identified with each other and it helped to be able to say "me too".

But, hey, as you know, I was never a scientologist at all, so I can't speak for anyone. :)

Thanks for the acknowledgement and welcome. It is appreciated.

The “Mrs. Smith” “Sally Jones” thing was simply an example that came to me when trying to clear up my own confusion about this being called “Ex Scientologist” board; when comparing that term to all of the information that I have thus far read here. It wasn’t really all that significant… just a way for me to try to figure out what kind of board this actually is.

I got a good laugh from your response, though… “unless there were many, many ex-Mrs. Smiths who identified with each other and it helped to be able to say ‘me too’..” :roflmao: Such good wit, IMO.

I got that—that you were never a “scientologist”; whatever you think that might mean to you. But, I don’t agree that you can’t speak for anyone. You can certainly speak for yourself, from what I can see. I personally admire that trait.

Thanks again for taking the time, and goodness, to respond. Happy trails. :yes:

Cherished

I got a good laugh from your response, though… “unless there were many, many ex-Mrs. Smiths who identified with each other and it helped to be able to say ‘me too’..” :roflmao: Such good wit, IMO.

I got that—that you were never a “scientologist”; whatever you think that might mean to you. But, I don’t agree that you can’t speak for anyone. You can certainly speak for yourself, from what I can see. I personally admire that trait.

Thanks again for taking the time, and goodness, to respond. Happy trails. :yes:
Thanks so much for that. I admit I enjoyed the ex-Mrs Smith illustration too. :)

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: Cherished and 3rdRockTenant both.

Cherished, I'm glad you've been doing what you have because you've helped people like me to actually SEE what the cult were up to and so allow us to regain our freedom.

What you posted brought tears to my eyes :)

3rdRockTenant - it was a lot of fun earlier and I too still use many of the things I learnt back when it wasn't so absolutely insane being a scilon.

Gald to have both of you here:D

Cherished

:welcome: Cherished and 3rdRockTenant both.

Cherished, I'm glad you've been doing what you have because you've helped people like me to actually SEE what the cult were up to and so allow us to regain our freedom.

What you posted brought tears to my eyes :)

Together, we are a powerful force for good, Scooter. :bighug:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip>The “Mrs. Smith” “Sally Jones” thing was simply an example that came to me when trying to clear up my own confusion about this being called “Ex Scientologist” board <snip>
Hmm.. Yes, there's that.. I don't identify myself as an Ex-Scientologist.. Other than when I'm posting the boards, or otherwise arguing to crash Scientologys stats.

I guess, when I do use the label, it's to rub the cults noses in it. The fact that I -WAS- a Scilon and quit is an argument in itself. An example for others to follow..

Hubbard, and COS, even has a policy against publicly stating that you leave/left Scientology. That's a high crime! - Mewhehe.. So I'm doing it to maintain and cherish my exalted SP status!

I am an Ex-Scientologist!

Humankind needs Scientology like tits on a canary!

And Cherished. Thanks for your OP! - I could wish that I had words to describe the joy and relief that we Ex'es (Me anyway) felt when we saw so many people supporting.. Awesome! - And a cause for goosebumps all around! - I'd been waiting for that to happen.. Uncromprehending as to why it didn't.. Fearing that the Cult had intimidated everyone.. Or that noone cared..

Thank's to all you Anonymous!

:yes:

Last edited:
Shit. Tough girl needs a tissue. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Say whaaaat..?!

Is there a moderator for this forum, as per your own guidelines?

the “s” word? (to substitute for lack of actual literacy…)

Assumption that I am a girl because I used a feminine example to try to easily illustrate a point, in order to get a question answered? What… do you like to pick on girls, or something?

“tough girl needs a tissue..?” where on earth in my introduction did you come up with THAT evaluation? Where the heck are you coming from?! With all due respect, you seem to be seeing things that aren’t there…

“nothing to see here” “move along”…?? Why? Because YOU say so? I cannot COUNT the times I have seen those exact words from trolls and disinfo agents and scabs all over the internet boards. Do you happen to have an origination of your own that you can throw at me?

I’m waiting…

And, of all of the bazillions of quotes available that you could have used, you basically chose one that agreed with the information in my post about applying the Doubt Formula (good for you) but with the intention of attempting to make myself, and others, WRONG.

I’ll bet you didn’t even read my entire post before your shorts started knotting up, did you?

I don’t know what you consider yourself to be a “patron” of, but so far you sure aren’t a patron of anything in MY universe.

Your unjustified venom and disrespect is making you, and others, ill. Knock it off.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
3rd rock - oops - there is a complete misunderstanding here.
What Resistance is saying is the opposite - that she is the tough gal reaching for a tissue because she is so touched. "Nothing to see here, move along" is a sort of internet thing that's hard to explain. Tough girl crying...don't look.

Chill...it's ok, you are not being attacked!

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: to ESMB Cherished

Thanks for saying hi. I am an ex but was never on staff or anything because I had a hubby who had his feet on the ground and a family to take care of. But I was a true believer for a while; lost a lot of time and money and got mind-f---ed anyway.

I am always so impressed by those of you who are protesting Scientology not because you have been hurt by it, but simply because you see the hurt that others are experiencing. Thank you for your willingness put yourself out there to expose the abuse and the lies in the CofS.

:)TL

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
. . . and also :welcome: 3rdrocktenant!!!

Yes, of course you are welcome here! There are several people here who feel much like you do. You will have to put up with some HE&R and some LRH bashing here, as I'm sure you can imagine. But this forum is for the most part a great place for a free exchange of ideas. It's a great place to look at what's there and align your own thoughts.

Glad you are here,
:)TL

Hello,

The point about people not usually wanting to identify themselves as something they used to be but are not now........

So why would they want to call themselves an "ex -scientologist?"

One reason is that the COS has been effective at making people shut up and suffer alone -because they were DISCONNECTED from friends. This has often been after heavy actions such as "gang bang sec checking" blackmail using confidential confessional information etc.
So.......some want to show the COS that there is a large group of people who are now EX scios. Ex scios are supoosed to not really exist. They are supposed to be so cowered and disconnected that nobody really sees them.
EX SCIENTOLOGISTS KNOW ALL ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY so when THEY speak about scientology (bad PR) then that is dangerous for the COS.
There is a strategic reason there.

Others may want to find other EX scientologists because they need to unscamble their mind after it has been fucked with - sometimes for the person's entire lifetime. They need to find an EX scientologist. They may think that non ex scientologists would not identify enough to understand them.
Others want to help those people.

And about that "jam" LRH talked about....the longer people lived on that stuff the more it seemed to poison people. Smaller samples tasted much sweeter.