What's new

Hello I'm out as of March 2014

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi I'm probably like a million other people here.I joined a terrorist mind control cult thinking I was helping people and it only took me 25 Years to figure it out , so I guess now the question is what the hell happened tome and what do I do with the rest of my life? Scientology replaced all my old values and beliefs about people , the mind ,politics,religion,etc.etc.etc. and now I realize I have to start over and try to figure out all these thins again, well at least I got out alive , not everybody is this lucky.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Mockingbird! Thanks for the announcement. We are happy you are here!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::flowers2::flowers2::flowers2::flowers2:

Have you read anything about cult recovery? May I suggest this link: Unethical Hypnosis in Destructive Cults - Carol Giambalvo's Cult Information and Recovery While hypnosis was not real to me for a LONG time after I left, due to the false information I received and believed in Scientology - just keep reading the information - it may make more sense to you than you think at this point.

Would love to hear what happened if and when you feel like telling us your story.

There is tons of information on the internet to help you get your life back. You will have a life now that you are out of Scientology!!

Purple Rain

Crusader
Hi I'm probably like a million other people here.I joined a terrorist mind control cult thinking I was helping people and it only took me 25 Years to figure it out , so I guess now the question is what the hell happened tome and what do I do with the rest of my life? Scientology replaced all my old values and beliefs about people , the mind ,politics,religion,etc.etc.etc. and now I realize I have to start over and try to figure out all these thins again, well at least I got out alive , not everybody is this lucky.

Welcome, Mockingbird!!

:happydance:

[video=youtube;Mp1bHy3JjOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp1bHy3JjOU[/video]

So happy to see you here! One step at a time. The first one is just to smell the freedom!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Hey Mockingbird,

:welcome2:

I'm happy that you found the exit door!

All of those questions you've asked will be answered in time and you can recover all your old values and beliefs. :yes:

While the stories of our lives may have taken an unexpected twist they can still have happy endings, despite all of whats happened. :thumbsup:

Veda

Sponsor

Hi Mockingbird,

Maybe these will help explain what happened.

The Scientological Onion: http://exscn.net/content/view/178/105/index.html

Brainwashing Manual Parallels: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?2697-Table-of-Contents-Psychopolitics-revisited

And an off topic extra... Danny Kaye conducts the New York Philharmonic:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?22577-Danny-Kaye-conducts-NY-Philharmonic

Welcome. :)

Gib

Crusader

Welcome Mockingbird.

I got out just two years ago and just like you it took me 26 years, but with some help. The beginning of the help was the Debbie Cook email message on 1 Jan 2012. From that point forward I opened my eyes and begin my journey to find the truth.

Here are a couple of articles by Alanzo just recently. He was in for a long time as well. I like Alanzo's writings, they seem to communicate to me with the experiences I had in scientology. I hope they help you as well.

http://www.alanzosblog.com/hindsight-bias-ex-scientologists-deadliest-disease/

http://www.alanzosblog.com/how-l-ron-hubbard-tricked-you-two-scientologys/

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow

Hi and welcome, Mockingbird. I'm so glad you are out and can join us. And I'm sorry the terrorist mind control cult stole years of your life. There are some wonderful people here who have been where you are now - trying to sort out what the eff happened to them and how they can reclaim their lives. In so many way they are my heroes, these folks who share their stories and their insights and their support. I hope you find hope and healing here.

Best,

Blanky

BardoThodol

Hi I'm probably like a million other people here.I joined a terrorist mind control cult thinking I was helping people and it only took me 25 Years to figure it out , so I guess now the question is what the hell happened tome and what do I do with the rest of my life? Scientology replaced all my old values and beliefs about people, the mind ,politics,religion,etc.etc.etc. and now I realize I have to start over and try to figure out all these thins again, well at least I got out alive , not everybody is this lucky.

Mockingbird,

Don't despair. It might not be so hard or so daunting.

Sometimes, you pull a thread and the whole thing unravels.

But, that can happen in reverse.

All your "old values and beliefs about people , the mind ,politics,religion,etc.etc.etc." are probably still stuffed in some corner of your mental garage. One day you'll be looking for a wrench and...hey! what's that bag of stuff sitting there?" You open in up and it's like the thread raveling instead of unraveling. It all comes back together.

Just look on it as the endless possibility and opportunity that you've always been looking for.

And welcome here.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Hi, Mockingbird. For a ton of laughs read the Stupid thread. Scientology is hilarious once you get past the tragedy.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

Do not be afraid of rebuilding your life, many others before you have, and mostly they didn't lose time to a religion or cult, but rather to the social tides at the times. Make a determination to live, live well and help others, make art, do things for yourself, do things for your friends, neighbours, the community you live in. There is sooooo much going on in the world, do not be afraid to go look and involve yourself.
a simple drunken Oggy thought... :)

Oh hell! :welcome: X3!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
If and when you ever feel like talking about how and why you left - I have a few questions:

I was wondering if you could elaborate on what Scientology executives are saying about the internet and how the Psychs :omg: have put implants on the internet that restimulate the whole track and it causes people to leave Scientology and never come back hence, their spiritual eternity is gone forever....

If you were told that - what type of reaction did you have when you were told that? Did you hear others reactions to this?

How long were you lurking before you decided to leave?

What was the final straw that made you leave?

Totally fine if you don't want to talk about it but we do love to hear the stories.

Last edited:

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
Welcome, Mockingbird! It may not be as daunting as you think. You have a lot of common sense, and although the "church" did its damndest to make you doubt your own mind and defer to the nonsense of LRH, your common sense is still there. Trust yourself. The fact that you are out attests to the fact that you are able to call BS when you see it. So trust your inner voice and let it take you to a new life. It's pretty cool out here!

Lexing Jenkins

Patron with Honors
Try to get some clay and do the following clay table demo...

1. You over a toilet, straining... and shitting scientology.
2. Flushing it down.
3. Walking away.

Its over. You are free! :happydance:

Arthur Dent

Welcome, mockingbird!
:welcome2:

Enjoy the process of rebuilding your life. Have a lot of fun with it. You're lucky to be able to do so, so make the absolute most of it!

SpectrumV

Patron
Try to get some clay and do the following clay table demo...

1. You over a toilet, straining... and shitting scientology.
2. Flushing it down.
3. Walking away.

Its over. You are free! :happydance:

1.5 Wipe. You don't want any of that shit stuck on your ass.

The "Road to Total ( miserable stressful life ) Freedom" is a dead end and a lie. You can think, do, live however you want now without the nonsense of the cult control.
Enjoy YOUR life.

Last edited:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
:welcome2: Mockingbird!

May the rebuild of your life be a fast and flawless procedure. :thumbsup:

[Matrix voice on] Welcome, to the REAL world.

Hi Mockingbird, congratulations on your escape. Now you will have to re-invent yourself. It may take years, but you will have to do a lot of studying and thinking to sort out a new you.

I escaped after only 7 years, but it took me three to four years to sort out my beliefs (or rather, lack of them!).

Enjoy the journey.

Mike