What's new

Hello - new here

J

Jay Juno

Hello everyone. I met with someone who told me about this community after I told him I felt I was being followed/harassed. And now I am here.

I was never a member of the Church of Scientology, but I have always been critical since I first found out about Scientology. There is a comment I made years ago on Facebook where I wrote about being suspicious of the Church of Scientology using front groups in the anti-psychiatry movement and possibly preying on people who have been hurt by some psychiatric practices. If you want to find the comments I made- which were screenshotted and put online, so I cannot delete them because they were posted by someone else- then simply type "jay juno psychiatry scientology" in the Google search engine and a page titled "Rethinking Psychiatry accused of being front groups..." shows up on the first page of search results. This screenshot of my facebook comments were posted in 2014, years ago.

I guess part of the reason I came to this board was because I was hoping someone could tell me if there is a way to find out if I have been placed on a "Suppressive Person" list and been listed as a target for the "Fair Game" policy? Is there a way to find that out? I don't know.

I have been dealing with harassment, bullying, stalking, etc. off and on for several years now. For years, I assumed that I was just an easy target for bullies but a few months ago- because of a few events- I became suspicious of the sometimes chronic harassment/bullying that came from strangers on the streets, in coffee shops, where I lived, and so on. And then I started wondering a few months ago "Are any of my comments criticizing Scientology still online? Are scientologists mad about what I said? And if those comments are still online, would they get me branded for harassment/stalking?" And then I searched for my name and found out that someone took a screenshot of what I typed on Facebook and posted on that other website.

I have never personally known a Scientologist (that I know of). And I am not sure if there is anything any of you guys here can say or any advice you can give me. My impression is that this board is meant mostly for people who are ex-members, although it welcomes people like me. If what has been happening to me has been "Fair Game", then I hope there is a community or support system out there someday that provides support for people like me- people who still get hurt or 'ruined' by Scientology but were never members to began with, but just 'outside' critics like South Park or Paulette Cooper.

I will leave it at that for now.
If I said or did anything wrong, please let me know. Like I said, I was never a member of the Church of Scientology but have always been a critic and telling people how I feel about the organization.

And I am worried about future harassment/stalking/brainwashing attempts/etc/etc. I have lost a lot of weight recently because of not being able to eat, and not getting much sleep.

Thank you.
-J. Juno

J

Jay Juno

Thank you for sharing my post and my experience.

I am having a great deal of stress and I think it is taking a toll on my body.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I have been dealing with harassment, bullying, stalking, etc. off and on for several years now.
Hi Jay,

Based upon what you've written, there's no way for me to know that any harassment, bullying, stalking, etc. are the result of Scientology's Fair Game policy. Any actual evidence that Scientology has been involved? If yes, I would recommend contacting the police.

I am a former member, have been a critic for about 10 years now, including my over 10,000 postings on this forum. I've attended protests against CoS when OSA was present and filming. Yet, I've not ever been harassed, bullied, stalked, etc. Not by Scientology or anyone else.

If you go on Leah Remini's TV show or produce a full length documentary like Alex Gibney did, they you can expect to be Fair Gamed. But there are now millions of us critics, the overwhelming majority of whom are left alone.

If anyone is harassing, bullying, or stalking you, then you need to document that and make a police report. It's much easier to document these types of things these days with the use of a video camera. If I was experiencing what you were I'd put minimumly one of those doorbells on my home that record video like this one, and even a body cam, if legal in your jurisdiction.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I don't think Scientology has the budget or personnel these days to be harassing people, unless they think you're a particular threat. This does not necessarily mean they're NOT harassing you.

Then again, perhaps you annoyed somebody else. Have you been posting a lot of political stuff?

I do agree that you should record any harassment. Check your state's laws on the subject at:
http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/recording-phone-calls-and-conversations

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello everyone. I met with someone who told me about this community after I told him I felt I was being followed/harassed. And now I am here.

I was never a member of the Church of Scientology, but I have always been critical since I first found out about Scientology. There is a comment I made years ago on Facebook where I wrote about being suspicious of the Church of Scientology using front groups in the anti-psychiatry movement and possibly preying on people who have been hurt by some psychiatric practices. If you want to find the comments I made- which were screenshotted and put online, so I cannot delete them because they were posted by someone else- then simply type "jay juno psychiatry scientology" in the Google search engine and a page titled "Rethinking Psychiatry accused of being front groups..." shows up on the first page of search results. This screenshot of my facebook comments were posted in 2014, years ago.

I guess part of the reason I came to this board was because I was hoping someone could tell me if there is a way to find out if I have been placed on a "Suppressive Person" list and been listed as a target for the "Fair Game" policy? Is there a way to find that out? I don't know.

I have been dealing with harassment, bullying, stalking, etc. off and on for several years now. For years, I assumed that I was just an easy target for bullies but a few months ago- because of a few events- I became suspicious of the sometimes chronic harassment/bullying that came from strangers on the streets, in coffee shops, where I lived, and so on. And then I started wondering a few months ago "Are any of my comments criticizing Scientology still online? Are scientologists mad about what I said? And if those comments are still online, would they get me branded for harassment/stalking?" And then I searched for my name and found out that someone took a screenshot of what I typed on Facebook and posted on that other website.

I have never personally known a Scientologist (that I know of). And I am not sure if there is anything any of you guys here can say or any advice you can give me. My impression is that this board is meant mostly for people who are ex-members, although it welcomes people like me. If what has been happening to me has been "Fair Game", then I hope there is a community or support system out there someday that provides support for people like me- people who still get hurt or 'ruined' by Scientology but were never members to began with, but just 'outside' critics like South Park or Paulette Cooper.

If I said or did anything wrong, please let me know. Like I said, I was never a member of the Church of Scientology but have always been a critic and telling people how I feel about the organization.

And I am worried about future harassment/stalking/brainwashing attempts/etc/etc. I have lost a lot of weight recently because of not being able to eat, and not getting much sleep.

Thank you.
-J. Juno
Welcome. I hope you do find help here with your problem. Here is some information about the Church of Scientology and Scientologists that may help.
  • There are no OTs and not one Scientologist has any "special" powers at all. That is, they can't read your mind. They can't discover where you are at any moment. They can't miraculously know who an anonymous poster on the Internet is.
  • They have no resources for attacking people. There are very few active Scientologists and there are thousands of critics -- they simply don't have the resources to deal with even a small percent of the critics. A never-in who anonymously posted a few critical comments would simply not be on their radar.
  • Other than putting up a few slanderous web pages on their most important critics and physically harassing the top half-dozen critics, Scientology has no interest in attacking other, minor critics. They no longer care, if they ever did.
  • Understand that Miscavige is only concerned with internal PR -- and he is the one who says who should be harassed. Miscavige only wants to protect his big donors from "bad" information. Random critical Internet posts and minor critics aren't a problem.
If you are being harassed, it is highly unlikely that it is from Scientology. I suggest you don't waste your time following that line of investigation.

The suggestions you have received here on documenting the possible harassment and reporting to the police are all good.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
In addition to the excellent advice given above I would add that there are now so many "Suppressive Persons" that the scientology organization no longer publishes a list of them and it is highly unlikely that a minor critic such as yourself would make the list anyway.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Hi Jay,

My take on this is that, if it IS Scientology people who are stalking you, then you have just found yourself caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. From your description of what you've done, the high-ups in OSA (Office of Special Affairs, the church's dirty tricks division) would have no interest in you, unless your criticism of their anti-psychiatry stance somehow accidentally got in the way of some big project they were working on and you accidentally got noticed.

It would be more likely that you would get fair-gamed by a local low-level Scientologist who needed to 'make amends' to the organisation for some infraction they had committed. One of the steps of one of their so-called 'lower conditions' (the Doubt Formula) is to "deliver an effective blow to the enemies of the group that you have been pretending to be part of". It is possible that a local Scientologist, needed to do his/her Doubt Formula, somehow hooked into your criticism of the church and decided to use you to deliver an effective blow. The person might even be a declared SP, trying to get back into the good graces of the church. To me, that's the most likely reason that you would find yourself fair-gamed for simply voicing your opinion about the church's activities. Normal church members wouldn't waste time dealing with such criticisms - they would just view it as a distraction from their important activity of 'saving the planet'.

The fact that the harassment has gone on for years, though, suggests that it's unlikely to be someone doing a Doubt Formula. Once they completed the Doubt Formula, they would leave you alone. So, if it IS Scientology harassment, then it's some nutter on the fringes of Scn, who thinks he is saving the planet by helping Scn smash its enemies. But you seemed to be suggesting that it's multiple people, an orchestrated campaign. This I think is highly unlikely. You don't happen to have the same surname as a well-known Scientology critic, do you? If so, it could be you've been mistaken for a relative of theirs by a local OSA representative, or something like that.

I think the most likely explanation, based on the scant information you have given, is that it is NOT Scientology fair-gaming activity, unless you've done a whole lot more anti-Scn activity than you are telling us.

I don't mean to be impolite or derogatory, but have you also considered the possibility that it might be your own physical or mental health that is causing you to perceive harassment? If a person is sporadically experiencing paranoia, it could be something to do with your own health. This could be a poisoning issue (drug use, something that sporadically enters your diet that is poisoning you from time to time and causing 'strangeness' in your life) or some other such thing. I know that whenever I have experienced 'strangeness' in my life, it has often been at times when I simultaneously felt physically unwell. That can alter your evaluation of what is actually happening. I'm not saying you are a nutter and we don't believe you. I'm suggesting you explore all possible explanations for what is happening to you. Certainly something is happening. The question is, what?

If this kind of thing is happening often, is there anyway you could enlist the help of a friend who could help you figure out whether it's an orchestrated campaign against you? Perhaps the friend could follow you at a discreet distance, and then you could alert them by phone message when you have located a harasser, and your friend could observe them from a distance and see if he can figure out whether they actually ARE gaslighting you.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Hi Jay, looked around the internet, Googled “jay juno”psychiatry scientology and, out of only 5 search results, I saw only one old post on WWP forum written by a troll, which then you linked to recently on Deviant Art in one of the 4 remaining links ( which the rest are links to posts you made elsewhere orrefer to your twitter). So, I see no internet harassment. Just one troll comment from 2014. My advice is to for you to not worry about all this.

It’s good you made a police complaint on your suspicions of being stalked. Hopefully they will help you out on the problem. Most, like 99% of Scn critics are not harassed & stalked. Those that are are usually very outspoken former members or those with family still-in, wanting to know if theyhave or are planning to defect.

Best wishes

Flora

Patron

Thank you.
-J. Juno
Hi Jay
While the article you mention did not come up on a Google search using the words you suggest (there is only a screenshot of your name there and a search will only pick up text) but the search did pull up your twitter account. I see you have been posting anti-Scientology material there. Perhaps you've posted in different places over the years, and you caught their attention?

What type of harassment have you experienced?

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron

Thank you.
-J. Juno

Can you be specific about the bullying stalking or hartsssment? What exactly was done to you? Did anyone say anything, did someone do something physical?

And one thing is for sure it’s not the Scientologist’s. Not a chance.

The way you say that this has gone on for years but you don’t know who is doing it makes me think that You might want to talk to a professional.

If nothing was said or actually done to you but you think someone is looking at you funny, then you should get some perspective about that from a professional.

But be assured there is no way the Scientologist’s are after you. None.

J

Jay Juno

I have been stalked and harassed by scientologists. There is no doubt that it is scientologists who are stalking and harassing, either doing it themselves or sending homeless people like the paper vendors for Street Roots to do it. Street Roots is a front group for the church of scientology that masquerades itself as a nonprofit helping people experiencing homelessness but thy he reality is that they promote propaganda. When I questioned Street Roots about their connection to Scientology, the stalking and harassment intensified and I was followed and harassed by Street Roots vendors for months.

I am not crazy and I am not paranoid and I do not appreciate some of the members here attempting to gaslight me by implying that I have mental health problems. I suffer from depression and anxiety and being harassed/stalked by scientologists has contributed to that. Most victims of scientology experience depression and anxiety- it doesn't mean they are crazy. Please keep your attempts to gaslight me to yourself.

I have since received death threats from both scientologists and Street Roots paper vendors since posting this. It will not stop me from publically telling people the truth about scientology being a cult, a scam, and using front groups like Street Roots to harass, stalk and gaslight those who criticize them.

Travis Smith is an employee of Sisters of the Road cafe, a barter cafe in Portland, Oregon. He told me he was labeled a problem source or "Potential Trouble Source" by scientology. Travis Smith collaborated with another scientologist named Cole Merkel, an employee for Street Roots, in gaslighting me and their intention was to gaslight and harass me to the point of being committed to a mental facility, or commit suicide. I was encouraged to drink antifreeze and jump off a bridge by Street Roots vendors who followed me and hung out in the coffee shops I was in. This gaslighting episode happened in the spring of 2019 and almost caused me thy o gave a mental breakdown. It didn't work.... but they almost killed me.

So I am writing this to warn others- If you are ever in Portland, Oregon then please be aware that Travis Smith is someone who claims to have left scientology but in truth, he is secretly still an active scientologist along with his associate, Cole Merkel. If you are in Portland, Oregin then please avoid Street Roots and Sisters of the Road at all costs because those are the two scientology front groups that these sociopaths work at. They are also only a few blocks from Portland's church of scientology location, and I noticed some of the same h ok males individuals going back and forth between these 3 locations....

Anyone here claiming that scientologists would not bother with someone like me is either stupid or intentionally attempting to gaslight me in order to make me doubt what I now know to be true. The truth? I have been harassed and stalked by scientologists for several years and they tried to have me killed/committed when I was staying in Portksnd, Oregon. I have gotten death threats from scientologists who told me they were scientologists and told me that if I did not "shut up about scientology" then I was going to end up being pushed off a bridge. I have received death threats and been encouraged to commit suicide by Street Roots paper vendors.

Edwardo

Patron with Honors
Anyone here claiming that scientologists would not bother with someone like me is either stupid or intentionally attempting to gaslight me in order to make me doubt what I now know to be true. The truth? I have been harassed and stalked by scientologists for several years and they tried to have me killed/committed when I was staying in Portksnd, Oregon.

I’m certain they aren’t bothering with you.

It would be more exciting to think of the Scientology organization as being an implacable and virtually omnipotent foe, but like the Khmer Rouge, their efforts are almost entirely spent on persecuting their own management ranks.

The rest of their efforts go on keeping tabs on key management figures who have left, particularly if they are speaking out.

From what you’ve written, I don’t expect you to believe me, but try to keep it in mind.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
You have to bear in mind that this is a forum of ex-scientologists, which means that many, if not most, of the members here have been scientologists. So when you start talking about having received multiple death threats from scientologists I think you have lost your audience.

During my own 15+ years as a scientologist I never threatened to kill anyone and I never heard of such a thing. If people are threatening to kill you then go to the police.

Also, you say you are not crazy and not paranoid yet you posted a survey in another thread that seems to prove you are both: http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/street-roots-is-a-front-group-for-scientology.50207/#post-1208955

J

Jay Juno

You are gaslighting me. It doesn't work anymore. I have been stalked and harassed by scientologists for years, and I will not be silent about it anymore.

Scientologists *do* give out death threats because I have recieved death threats from scientologists and I will continue to tell people that I have received death threats from scientologists.

Scientologists *do* drive people to commit suicide through their "fair game" harassment practices, of which I have been a victim of for years.

You guys need to stop gaslighting ne. It doesn't work anymore. I will continue to tell people that Street Roots is a front group for scientology. I will continue to tell people that scientologists harass people with death threats, because they do... because they are a cult and a scam, and that is what people in a cult do to people who threaten them.

Scientologists are more likely to target people like me than someone famous, but they will be subtle about it unlike with their famous victims like Leah Remini.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Scientologists are more likely to target people like me than someone famous,
Yeah because you're not famous the chances of their misdeeds against you blowing up in their faces is much less than if they tried the same with Leah.
So that being the case you can see that you are a much easier stat for them to attain in harassing you rather than Leah.
And a stat is a stat, and they are all about stats so the increased ease of attacking you guarantees they'll hit you as a first choice.
I had someone spread around that I was an FBI agent when I worked in county government. Not a good thing to have going around about you when you work for and with criminals who get awfully ugly when they get paranoid about you being a Fed.
Somebody spread it, doesn't leave me with too many choices as to its source does it?
Doesn't matter how many times you tell criminals that you have no affiliation with any law enforcement because their demented paranoid minds tell them you're a likely threat.

Last edited: