What's new

HELLO. THIS IS MY FIRST POST EVER, ANYWHERE.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: IM! I hope you enjoy it here. I sure have. :D
I know what you mean about fear. But I'm not afraid any more. I hope you are getting over it. Are you?

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Hello Immortal and welcome!

You have a wonderful clean flow of communication and I found your story really interesting. I believe that there are so many people withholding like you say and hopefully they will get to the point where they can freely communicate their considerations regarding the present day activities of the Church.

Glad to have you here. :happydance:

Thank you very much for welcoming me and for the nice things you said about me. I agree with you and also believe, based on my own experiences, that there are people withholding communication about how they feel about things they've seen or otherwise experienced in the church that they know are just not right. I do wish them all well. I understand the conflict going on there. Hard as it may be to imagine, it is very difficult to keep ignoring it and it is very difficult to stop ignoring it, and do something about it. I'm still working through this myself.
:heartflower:

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Immortal, if I were you, I wouldn't stand in front of this Mac truck. Mac offered me a ride in his truck....he said "trust me"....I accepted and rode in it. What appeared to be safe and friendly turned out to be rather unsafe, unfriendly, rather hostile and a bit dangerous. After the ride he ran me over....and there is no mistaking the feeling of being run over by a Mac truck. :omg::shock:

After running me down he said something to the effect of not being able to please everyone and he was going to please himself. :selfish:

I had never had this kind of experience before and hope to never have it ever again. :no: A few months later he sent me a band-aid, which I assume was to cover up the wounds....unfortunately it didn't take the pain away.....I wish it had.

Immortal you are right....you would be a fool to stand in front of a Mac truck and let it run you down. Unfortunately I was trusting enough to become that fool, and it's still painful. :bigcry:

BLIMEY!!! I just had a feeling that was the case......:yes:

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
I had a lot of other comments towards your post, but directing them at you would be incorrect.

To this though, I say TIME heals and brings light. I think enough time around them and realization of truth skewed = questions burning to be answered. Attempting to "clear" the MU leads towards the real truth of what they are hiding which snowballs towards what else is being denied.

Freedom comes to those who seek the truth.

I agree.....it will take time to get it all sorted out for me. Thanks! :)

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Well Done on leaving the suppressive CO$ ! :thumbsup:

Here are some excellent sites, additional to others recommended, from 3 years of study on the net:

http://www.skeptictank.org/gs/crimtime.htm
This one is long, but very enlightening on the hidden history. From it mostly I
compiled a list of Miscavige's crimes that extended to a column and one half,
which were not separate incidents but only types of crimes.

http://www.robertdam-cos.dk/
This is probably the best for "one-stop shopping" with a good story followed by 36 links that will answer many questions- a real Pandora's Box here.

Books:
LRH: Madman Or Messiah by Bent Corydon

My Billion Year Contract by Nancy Many

These likely are the two most informative books covering a wide area of the CO$ experiences.

Many more, of course, but you might already be overwhelmed with reading.

Thank you for posting.

Thank you for all your references and recommendations! Yes, I have a lot to examine. It will take time. ..... I'm willing to look. That's the big step. :)

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
:welcome: IM! I hope you enjoy it here. I sure have. :D
I know what you mean about fear. But I'm not afraid any more. I hope you are getting over it. Are you?

Thank you very much! I'm glad you've gotten over the fear part. Sometimes I'm better than other times. I think it has to do with moving through different phases of this process. I have a ways to go yet. :)

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
well I am late to the party

I am late to this party (which is usual, BTW). Welcome Immortal.

Read read read, anything
Play play play, anything
Laugh laugh laugh, at everything
Ask ask ask, anything and everthing
Anytime, all the time.

We are here
This is why

Consensus

Patron with Honors
I am late to this party (which is usual, BTW).
Ask ask ask, anything and everthing

We are here
This is why

doubt doubt doubt, anything and everything.

I'm not saying we're all liars - I'm just saying it's GOOD and HEALTHY to question, to doubt, to request evidence and reasoning. This is something Scientology has spent a lot of time training you not to do, and I can't emphasize enough its importance. Nobody promotes 'trust' as a virtue more than a conman.

Don't get paranoid, don't let yourself get bogged down, but don't accept anything as 'true' just because it sounds good or someone asserted it strongly.

(but the advice in the post I quoted IS terrific advice)

FoTi

Crusader
B-z-z-zzz

Mac introduced me to his brother, and now we have bees in our backyard, thanks to Mac's brother.

Now you can have lots of home grown honey!!! I like Mac's brother. :)

Oops. Sorry, I forgot to welcome Immortal to the ESMB board.

Welcome Immortal. :welcome2: :heartflower:

I look forward to reading your story, when you feel safe enough to tell it. Hopefully, that will be soon. :yes:

PS: Thanks for the laughs, Immortal. :giggle: I needed that. :wink2:

Last edited:

3rdman

Patron
Congrats on your decision and bravery, Immortal. Hope you have good experiences outside Scientology and in your own life.

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
doubt doubt doubt, anything and everything.

I'm not saying we're all liars - I'm just saying it's GOOD and HEALTHY to question, to doubt, to request evidence and reasoning. This is something Scientology has spent a lot of time training you not to do, and I can't emphasize enough its importance. Nobody promotes 'trust' as a virtue more than a conman.

Don't get paranoid, don't let yourself get bogged down, but don't accept anything as 'true' just because it sounds good or someone asserted it strongly.

(but the advice in the post I quoted IS terrific advice)

No, it's good advice. It's true. I'm still trying to figure out why in the world I let myself be talked into not looking or listening or researching. Looking back on it from where I am now, it makes me seem gutless, naive, blind, trusting everyone. The trusting part isn't that bad, but there has to be a way to be able to judge what/who can be trusted so one doesn't get duped. I'm working my way through this. Thanks for your help.
:heartflower: