What's new

HELLO. THIS IS MY FIRST POST EVER, ANYWHERE.

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Wow, Paul. I'm glad to get to know you. I believe the internet has really changed things, not only for ESMB and other boards like it regarding Scientology, but politically and for immediate news as well. Just amazing what we can know instantly all over the world.

IM

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Wow, Paul. I'm glad to get to know you. I believe the internet has really changed things, not only for ESMB and other boards like it regarding Scientology, but politically and for immediate news as well. Just amazing what we can know instantly all over the world.

IM

Right. It means death for the CofS. And good riddance. I think that whatever is valuable out of "Hubbard's" work will survive, one way or another. I use the quote marks because it is often impossible to determine the actual source of what was issued in his name, even when he wrote it. He wasn't too good at attributions.

Paul

G

Gottabrain

Welcome, Immortal. :rose:

It's great to see you here. You should be very proud of yourself for standing up for your personal integrity and not allowing yourself to be blinded or misled from what you know to be right and wrong.

I am not personally very good at working with those who are newly out. There are many on this Board who are, however, and they've helped me work through a lot of issues. I love ESMB and will always be grateful to those here. I've found a lot of old friends and made a lot of new ones. Real friends. The kind you can laugh with, cry with, agree or disagree with. The kind that can understand even the weirdest things in your life in or out of Scn and somehow, someway, someone can always relate to the deepest, darkest things or your brightest, most beautiful wins and say - "Yes, I get you" and mean it.

These folks on ESMB GET what you are saying and what you are going through and they have the compassion, the education, the experiences and the various backgrounds to walk with you through any or all of it.

Congratulations again for standing up for yourself.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: IM - glad you could get here at last.:thumbsup:

Kev's and Vick's stories are real eye-openers as to what really happens when someone treads all the way up the Bridge - something many aspire to but few attain. As a close personal friend of theirs for many years, I knew some of what had happened but by no means all. And I guess that's been the same for all of us.

VERY glad you've made it out and pleas keep reading and posting - it's incredibly therapeutic as you've already mentioned.:yes:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
You my friend have found real freedom. At least in your own mind.

Amazing what it feels like to read WHATEVER you want isn't it!

Very well done on figuring out what's been going on.:thumbsup:

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Immortal -- welcome!

I quit for pretty much the same reasons you did, but at about 1/3 as long a time in as you had, and only up to Clear.

Morbid curiosity: did you finish VIII some years back? It's my understanding that people declared aren't being let back in any more after A-E and especially not back on VII or VIII.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear about it, I think many of us have friends slogging away on A-E.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
Immortal, you are so welcome. It's so exciting for us to know of another OTVIII who is OUT, both because it means you and your family are free and because it is another huge blow to the machine.

As for whether or not you go public with your name, you won't be pushed in either direction here. People will advise differently according to their experiences and perspectives. Naturally, as a New OTVIII, you going public will have a particularly big impact and there may be a time when you want to do it and shed another layer of the chains. But whether or when you make that impact is up to you.

Here you do not have to COMPLY with anyone's rules - other than the obvious about not forcing others to have to comply with you, and similar.

Carmel was just telling me today about how frightening it was to make her first post here. So, congratulations on shrugging off the conditioning and taking the step toward freedom. No wonder you are feeling so good about it and are loving ESMB.

What was the article you stumbled across, by the way? I'm looking forward to hearing more about what's happening on the inside and how events are impacting those still in.

Lots of love to you,
Cherished (an evil Anonymous and SP)

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors
Welcome Aboard!!

Welcome IM!!!

It is so good to have you here. I understand about the impact of Feral's and Mrs P's story -it was Feral's and Carmel's story that were the last straw for me, and what got me looking on the internet at anything and everything about scientology.

You might come to like it here I think. Here you can relax, read, post, joke (degrade/get degraded), debate, chat, etc and apart from the basic board rules, here you can just be yourself and it's ok. Here there is wondrous variety.

Papabear

Patron
A hearty WELCOME! to you Immortal! I like to think that my only church these days is the church of Truth. Keep up your research on don't be afraid of what you find. Kudos on finding your way this far!

Cheers,
Chris Eisenman

NeXTep

Patron with Honors
Welcome

Welcome on the board IM and congrats on taking that step from lurker to poster; not an easy one. :yes:

I also joined the CofS as staff member in 1974, though lasted only 15 years and I can fully understand the differences in Scio culture on staff that you experienced.

Nevertheless I think that the seeds that led to the current situation have been sowed already back then.

Nextep

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Hello IM,

That was a great first post.

:welcome:

I am pleased to hear about your family, but am reminded of how sad it is that it could have turned out so differently, but we all know that it could have.

You have just taken your first step (and the most difficult one) on the true road to freedom ...

:welcome2:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
To Immortal: Welcome to ESMB! Let's roll out the green on white carpet!

It's my understanding that people declared aren't being let back in any more after A-E and especially not back on VII or VIII.

I just got back my A-E petition, which was refused. I still have more work to do.

I will copy the response I got as it may be helpful for others who are also hung up on getting back into good standing with the Church:

Dear HelluvaHoax!

Thank you for your most recent submission of your A-E steps. It was denied. As an SP, you still have a few outpoints to fix in order to become a good Scientologist again:

ASS-KISSING. Suck up you screw-up & puckerup.

BASIC BOOKS. Buy 'em! Hey, no one said that's enough. Keep buyin', we'll let you know when to stop.

CONTRITION. Flunk! That's not enough guilt. And you need to study the other parishioners--until you can touch your forehead to the floor when you bow like they do.

DONATE! Make us a serious cash offer if you really expect us to seriously consider selling you back your eternity.

ESMB ENTHETA EXTERMINATED. You need to destroy ESMB and shatter all the evil beings who post there because they are liars, religious bigots, haters, suppressives, DBs, squirrels, psychs, world bankers, implanters, medicos, reporters, antisocial personalities, plants, fifth invaders, xenu operatives and merchants of chaos. All of them! And they are paranoid too with so many imagined enemies. Just remember, Scientologists are your true friends, unlike those greedy cult members at ESMB, who pretend to be so free just to get your money. They will even tell you that YOU are free, which you know is not true because only we hold the keys to freedom. We can help you, because, just like our slogan says: "Trust us! We are the Freedom People!"

ML,

Int-Justice In-Justice Chief
Church of Scientology

Last edited:

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors

I just got back my A-E petition, which was refused. I still have more work to do.

I will copy the response I got as it may be helpful for others who are also hung up on getting back into good standing with the Church:

Dear HelluvaHoax!

Thank you for your most recent submission of your A-E steps. It was denied. As an SP, you still have a few outpoints to fix in order to become a good Scientologist again:

ASS-KISSING. Suck up you screw-up & puckerup.

BASIC BOOKS. Buy 'em! Hey, no one said that's enough. Keep buyin', we'll let you know when to stop.

CONTRITION. Flunk! That's not enough guilt. And you need to study the other parishioners--until you can touch your forehead to the floor when you bow like they do.

DONATE! Make us a serious cash offer if you really expect us to seriously consider selling you back your eternity.

ESMB ENTHETA EXTERMINATED. You need to destroy ESMB and shatter all the evil beings who post there because they are liars, religious bigots, haters, suppressives, DBs, squirrels, psychs, world bankers, implanters, medicos, reporters, antisocial personalities, plants, fifth invaders, xenu operatives and merchants of chaos. All of them! Remember, Scientologists are your true friends, unlike those paranoid cult members at ESMB, who pretend to be so free just to get your money. They will even tell you that YOU are free, which you know is not true because only we hold the keys to freedom. We can help you, because, just like our slogan says: "Trust us! We are the Freedom People!"

ML,

Int-Justice In-Justice Chief
Church of Scientology

:roflmao:

You should not tell lies. I never say this. You think you are so smart but you spell my post wrong!

Int Justice Chief
[currently on RPF between the 2nd and 3rd row of razor-wire]

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome, Immortal.

In time, you'll figure where you stand on all of it. It's a process. Also, I remember from my "leaving", it's hard to give up what you believed in for such a long time. Take your time. And give yourself the space to experience it.

lkwdblds

Crusader
Thrilling opening Story!

Welcome aboard to ESMB. It's good that you lurked for some time to get the feel of what is going on here! You know there are many schools of thought here. Emma put it brilliantly, keep reading you will find yourself changing. One month you may feel LRH is a saint, the next month a sinner, and the next month a saint again.

It was really great that all 3 of your family members were "in the same boat" as you and none of you knew or suspected it. Well you reconnected with them and now have access to connect, maybe even reconnect with kndred spirits hers.
Lakey