What's new

HELLO. THIS IS MY FIRST POST EVER, ANYWHERE.

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
looks like i'm late to the welcome party (as usual)... :) so glad you're out of the stress-zone IM, i felt i just had to pipe up re dissemination of Anon Entheta

what subjects are the parishoners allowed to search for on the internet?
are there any websites that seem popular amongst staff/publics?
info like this is extremely interesting to Anonymous.....*
*any websites you mention in this thread we all expect an immediate memo or something to go round forbidding to look,

just in case you haven't seen it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ
this video caused quite a stir

Thank you! Crikey, that is quite a video. No, I had not seen it before. Regarding the subjects parishioners are allowed to search - I personally have never seen a "forbidden list". I don't think there is such a thing. It is up to each Scientologist to make up their own mind what to look at or not on the internet, and chose to pay the consequence if they do which can be quite grim.

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors
Links

Here are a couple of links from the media conference -you should be able to find the rest from there. There's a a fair bit to watch in all, so you may want to save it for when you have time. I think many current scientologists would be having second thoughts after watching any one of these speakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKlk0EyuEog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5TubYLomzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zydkh9Qi1rE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrazhaNR5Xg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpAbLLi9vvs

New Guy

Patron with Honors
I have one or two questions myself regarding staff moral.
Fsm or so feelings toward upper managment.
Stress levels of staff.
Was there a climate of fear panic,who was causing it.
Don't reply if you don't want to.
There is no pressure here.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you! Crikey, that is quite a video. No, I had not seen it before. Regarding the subjects parishioners are allowed to search - I personally have never seen a "forbidden list". I don't think there is such a thing. It is up to each Scientologist to make up their own mind what to look at or not on the internet, and chose to pay the consequence if they do which can be quite grim.

There used to be the "Net Nanny" aka the "Scieno Sitter."

Remember those web sites people put up saying they were a Scientologist? They'd also install filtering software so that you couldn't load pages with certain terms -- including names of known SPs.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Remember those web sites people put up saying they were a Scientologist? They'd also install filtering software so that you couldn't load pages with certain terms -- including names of known SPs.

You think they still do that? I remember from 15+ years ago, that there were huge lists with all the suppressed names and web addresses all over the net. I guess scn has "evolved" from that to using simple peer pressure methods, no? KRs and sec checks work probably even better than Scieno Sitter filter software, and trying to suppress Google etc. seems pretty futile to me. :p

Oh, and Hi AlphOhm and IMMORTAL

practice

Patron with Honors

Wait a minute, I know people who've put up those websites!

Does this mean they've got censorship built into their computer? :omg:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wait a minute, I know people who've put up those websites!

Does this mean they've got censorship built into their computer? :omg:

Yes. If they still have the same computer. Which is unlikely, given the speed that technology has been moving ahead.

But it was a very sneaky thing to do.

Consensus

Patron with Honors
Hi! Welcome! Congrats! And thanks for making this thread!

If you're looking for more reading (and I know everyone is throwing out their suggestions), I wrote a thread a year so back that's meant to address people in exactly your situation. It describes NORMAL human behaviors that can be exploited and how. I'm not and have never been a scientologist, so relating it to your experience has been guesswork on my part. Still, I think a lot of it relates, and would love any feedback to give me a better idea of the ins and outs of scientology's methods...

here's the link

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scientology-discussion/brainwashing-long-14420/

Consensus

Patron with Honors

If you don't know the story behind it, it was basically the call to action that spawned this whole movement. It came before any IRL protests by anonymous. It was immediately embraced by people around the world, and a global protest happened in less than a month. These were people with little or not connection to each other, and who did not know each other's names. It was a thing of beauty, and a force you'll be seeing more and more - in Iran, for example. It's a brand new social phenomenon that has emerged as a consequence of the global information network that is the internet.

That said... isn't it creepy how effectively the video predicted what's happened so far? Keep in mind, it's not 'orders from on top.' Nobody in Anonymous is a 'leader.' Every person is responsible for their own actions, and NOBODY has any obligation to obey anybody else. Everyone is free to say what they want to, and to act as they wish (so long as they accept the consequences of those actions).

The video didn't tell people what to do. It pointed out that, on this single point, we were all thinking the same thing. And it predicted how it would play out.

TEoS

Patron with Honors
Hi Immortal.

Just a quick message to say congratulations on breaking free from that criminal organisation. Also, your posts, and what seem open and honest answers to people here asking questions is a breath of fresh air.

Like many here, I'm a long time critic of Scientology. The CoS is an abusive organisation, that goes without saying. I don't have any time for the practice of Scientology or the "tech" either, and I believe the upper levels to be very damaging to people. What part of Scientology that may work was ripped off by LRH from other sources anyway. I don't believe LRH had an original thought in his entire life. But that's an argument for another day! So long as you're not harming anyone, you're free to believe in whatever you want.

I wish you well, and I'm sure you will prosper much more now that you are free of that cult.

billheichert

Patron with Honors
IM, I recently watched the media OSA will go to great lengths and I believe that the "under the radar" approach is best for all of us exes who have not come out publicly. It gives OSA a "no target".

In the begining of a war, secret operatives and covert, ops are used and one of the goals is to disrupt and stay protected by presenting "no target". However, when one is caught, the opponent (in this case OSA COS) can bear down with all of it's might. IMO with so many haven spoken out publicy at this point, OSA has so many targets that there is no way that they can attack them all. For those who are ready to make themselves known, now would be a great time to go public as it would serve to totally overwhelm OSA & dm (they probably already are). When an opponemt is totally overwhelmed several things happen; They begin to question whether it's worth it to continue, they are forced to work harder & longer which leads to fatigue which leads to mistakes, dissertion, surrender etc. With so many targets, each potential target is safer. It becomes a numbers game. When people come out and speak one at a time, they are easy targets and will most certainly get attacked. When there are hundreds or even thousands all at the same time, It is only possible to attack a few. Thus the phrase "there is safety in numbers". anyone who comes out publicly serves to diffuse the attack or potential attack on the others that have already come out. I see it like OSA is in a firefight and their only weapons are knives while we have a nucluar arsenal. There is a saying, "don't show up at a gunfight with a knife". I would bet that the number of exes far out numbers the current membership of COS and I know that there are more exes than OSA staff.

Just sayin,,,,,,

I left after 19 years in so I know what it's like. I believe in freewill. Exes are in the new position of being able to think for themselves. It's best that we rejoice in the ability of each ex do what he wants in his own time.

Another thing which seems to happen in this thing with COS (I know that it happened to me), is that when you use your name, people who know you begin to show up out of the woodwork. You find a lot of friends and contacts who start contacting you again now that they know you are not a cult member. People who are still in but lurking start to feel safer and get out sooner as they know that they are not alone.

I guess rambled on a bit...

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors
UP TO YOU -NO ONE ELSE

In the begining of a war, secret operatives and covert, ops are used and one of the goals is to disrupt and stay protected by presenting "no target". However, when one is caught, the opponent (in this case OSA COS) can bear down with all of it's might. IMO with so many haven spoken out publicy at this point, OSA has so many targets that there is no way that they can attack them all. For those who are ready to make themselves known, now would be a great time to go public as it would serve to totally overwhelm OSA & dm (they probably already are). When an opponemt is totally overwhelmed several things happen; They begin to question whether it's worth it to continue, they are forced to work harder & longer which leads to fatigue which leads to mistakes, dissertion, surrender etc. With so many targets, each potential target is safer. It becomes a numbers game. When people come out and speak one at a time, they are easy targets and will most certainly get attacked. When there are hundreds or even thousands all at the same time, It is only possible to attack a few. Thus the phrase "there is safety in numbers". anyone who comes out publicly serves to diffuse the attack or potential attack on the others that have already come out. I see it like OSA is in a firefight and their only weapons are knives while we have a nucluar arsenal. There is a saying, "don't show up at a gunfight with a knife". I would bet that the number of exes far out numbers the current membership of COS and I know that there are more exes than OSA staff.

Just sayin,,,,,,

I left after 19 years in so I know what it's like. I believe in freewill. Exes are in the new position of being able to think for themselves. It's best that we rejoice in the ability of each ex do what he wants in his own time.

Another thing which seems to happen in this thing with COS (I know that it happened to me), is that when you use your name, people who know you begin to show up out of the woodwork. You find a lot of friends and contacts who start contacting you again now that they know you are not a cult member. People who are still in but lurking start to feel safer and get out sooner as they know that they are not alone.

I guess rambled on a bit...

I still reckon, take your time IMMORTAL and stay safe. Bill makes a good point, but unless hundreds of us band together and come out simultaneously then it will be just "one at a time" and thus -easy targets. There is another point to "under the radar" and that is that you can still stay in touch with both sides.

When you come out publicly there is no going back -YOU ARE THE ENEMY.

But it's your call and no one else's. It is about YOU and WHAT YOU WANT. Hell, that's all the whole thing has ever been about.

hartley

Patron with Honors
I don't think they still do that, but I could be wrong.

Here's the word list from then, fwiw.
I'm on those lists three times!!

The censor program only worked with Windows 95 and 98. It was dropped along with the 'cookie cutter' personal websites when the Internet changed and social networks like MySpace, blogs and Facebook came along.

Thank you Immortal for sparking off such an interesting thread. It was a delight to me when Anonymous appeared wearing masks, since I knew how that would drive OSA nuts following Hubbard's instructions to identify the SP leaders before attacking. It took them over a year to discover the big Anonymous secret - they had no leaders and were just paid minions of Big Pharma and the Psychs.

You have grasped one of the essential points, that our views changed in the past and will do so in the future, nothing should be put on a plinth and worshipped as 'The Truth'. Questions, questions, more questions, that is how we progress, Science and Religion together not in opposition.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome IMMORTAL!!

I left about 3 years ago and it's been quit a journey. I'm glad you're here and free from that corrupt organization.

TP

smartone

My Own Boss
Hello Immortal and welcome!

You have a wonderful clean flow of communication and I found your story really interesting. I believe that there are so many people withholding like you say and hopefully they will get to the point where they can freely communicate their considerations regarding the present day activities of the Church.

Glad to have you here. :happydance:

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello Immortal and welcome!

You have a wonderful clean flow of communication
and I found your story really interesting. I believe that there are so many people withholding like you say and hopefully they will get to the point where they can freely communicate their considerations regarding the present day activities of the Church.

Glad to have you here. :happydance:

Smartone, with no agenda except understanding, I don't know what this phrase means: "You have a wonderful clean flow of communication". Translation, please?