What's new

HELLO. THIS IS MY FIRST POST EVER, ANYWHERE.

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
There is a very widespread human tendency to desire hope that the world can be made better, stemming from an unhappiness with the current state of things. Give somebody hope that there is a way to repair the world, and they will devote their lives to it. What these people don't realize is that vampires (no better term to describe a certain type of sociopath) hold out false hope to ensnare such people, so they can suck the life out of them.

"Darkness at Noon" by Arthur Koestler is a story of a senior member of the Communist Party who finds himself purged, subjected to endless interrogation, and forced to confess to being suppressive against the Party (It reminds me of what some Sea Org members went through). In the end, he willingly cooperates with being found guilty and scheduled for execution. His problem is that he's devoted his life to the Party, his entire self-image is wrapped around the ideals of Communism creating a better world, and death is preferable to having to admit that it was all for nothing.

Wow! That is so sad, but really rings true to me. I definitely got sucked into the hope that things could be better and that I could somehow help them to become better. I think help is a gateway, too, as well as hope.

Sigh.....it sounds like a horrible but very enlightening story. I just don't know if I could bear to read it right now though. :bigcry:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Wow! That is so sad, but really rings true to me. I definitely got sucked into the hope that things could be better and that I could somehow help them to become better. I think help is a gateway, too, as well as hope.

Sigh.....it sounds like a horrible but very enlightening story. I just don't know if I could bear to read it right now though. :bigcry:

Reading Dracula would also work. There are parallels there too.

In orgs, there are two main types of people: the living who go through life in a daze under the power of the vampires, and the vampires who need the living to suck the life out of, and who need to keep them in a daze in order to continue to do so.